Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:11 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx мαιsιε яεε∂ xx███████xxxxget your facts straight, then distort them as you please.

Second Year | | Twelve | | Slytherin | | Single | | Half-Blood

Maisie took her seat in History of Magic. She didn't remember much from the actual class, more from what Dmitri had gone over with her last year, as she tended to space-out when she was sitting in this classroom. History just didn't really interest her... However, she clearly remembered one thing that she'd learned. "We learned about the history of Hogwarts..." Maisie murmured, shrugging slightly.

uniform x ooc :: - - -

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:13 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image

x
                                    ████████████████xx ∂мιтяι яεε∂ xx███████xxxxbeauty may be dangerous, but intelligence is lethal.

Second Year | | Twelve | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Dmitri walked into class and quickly too his seat. He paid little attention to what was going on, mostly because they were just doing some review from the previous year. Plus, he didn't really feel like contributing to the discussion...

uniform x ooc :: - - -

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:42 pm
User Image

----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

-----------ѕ e c o n d----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

What am I doing? History
How am I feeling? A little sluggish
What's on my mind? Pay attention you!

History wasn't one of Rider's favorite classes, but the Professor was really nice and she felt bad doing poorly in his class. She took the same seat she'd had last year and tried her best to get prepared. She exhaled and calmed herself, then smiled happily. When they were asked about what they covered last year, she smiled. She remembered the lesson about brooms very clearly. That was something interesting to her. "We learned about the history of brooms. I thought that lesson was cool." She nodded and smiled, hoping that they'd learn about cool things this year too.

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:47 pm
User Image
├─▇▇▇═───────────────────────────═▇▇▇─┤
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
GЯYFFIПDӨЯ ƧΣᄃӨПD YΣΛЯ

Even if you can't stand up
Even if you lose your life
I'm a friend by your side
You're never gonna be alone

If there was one class that Addison truly disliked, it was History. The class was sooo boring. Not that the Professor didn't try, but the subject matter just... didn't entice him. He took a seat beside Pru and pulled out his parchment, already starting to doodle. He wasn't paying much attention to the discussion, instead focusing on his doodle. He sighed, waiting for the class to end.

And I'm never gonna leave you out
If you ever lose your way
Not alone or betrayed
I'm always gonna be around

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{...}

SummerIsles

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:10 pm
User Image

User Image User ImageLocation: History of Magic (Thursday - 1:00pm - 2:00pm)

Dakota walked into history and took a seat at the front of the class. He loved history oddly enough so unlike a lot of his classmates he was right into the lesson. "The chamber of secrets was opened by the heir of Salazar Slytherin. Inside was a creature known as the basilisk." Dakota added to Evander's response.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Class...

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

A rather curious lad aren't you?
Not to mention quite inventive.
You'll find your home in...
Ravenclaw

Henry the Black Catxxxxx

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:04 am
~New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:06 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: So what topics are going to be remembered from last year, hrm?
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:38 am
The days get shorter and the nights get cold,
I like the autumn but this place is getting old,
I pack up my belongings and head for the coast,

User Image

User Image

Second year ║ Hufflepuff ║ Pureblood

Layton made his way into History of Magic, actually a bit excited. He enjoyed last year, not counting the argument, as he found the subject quite interesting. He took a seat in the middle, not too close nor too far away. Even if he enjoyed the subject, he hadn't gotten much sleep the night before so he wasn't exactly completely alert. He raised his hand, giving the obvious answer. "We learned about the founders of Hogwarts."

OOC:

Quote:

It might not be a lot but I feel like I'm making the most,
The days get longer and the nights smell green,
I guess it's not surprising but it's spring and I should leave.

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:02 am
I could buy myself a reason,
I could sell myself a job,
I could hang myself on treason,
All the folks I know are gone

User Image

User Image

Second year ║ Slytherin ║ Pureblood ║ Chaser

Devonte made his way into History of Magic, not exactly pumped for it. The subject material was boring, and he wasn't a fan of Professor Powell, no matter how much everyone else was. He may have been a bit biased as he had given him a detention the previous year, but he wasn't stupid enough to purposely repeat that incident. He took a seat next to Layton, laying his head onto the desk. It wasn't like they were doing anything worthwhile today anyway.

OOC:

Quote:

So I ate the wedding cake,
Until the whole damn thing was gone,
And I'm gonna drown the ocean,
Now ain't none of that so wrong?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:14 pm
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye a.k.a. Lolli xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <2nd Year>
Time: 2029-2030
Looking: Pretty Clever

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

When Lola entered the classroom and spotted Layton she was about to go and sit by him, as he was a nice guy, but stopped a moment when she spotted his brother next to him. She frowned for a slight moment and decided she wasn't going to let the Slytherin deter her from doing what she wanted in the first place and sat on the opposite side of Layton and said with a slight nod before the class began, "Hello Layton... Devonte."

She pulled out her things and as the class began with review, Lola smiled and raised her hand and offered, "We also spoke about the Chamber of Secrets, sir."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
King Beardly

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:05 pm
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅱ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅱ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

While Selina didn't necessarily care for how things went last year in the History of Magic class, she wasn't going to let it sour her for this year. No, after the whole matter with Devonte played out, she and Gypsy had a long talk about it afterward. While she didn't have much use for the wild Seventh Year in general, she did impart of a bit of useful wisdom to her. Selina learned she needed to mellow out, not act like some put upon intellectual or a brat, and respect her instructors and the other students.

Glancing at the Second Year Slytherin as she entered the classroom, Selina amended that thought. 'Sorry, Gyp, in Devonte's case, he'll need to earn my good graces. That should happen when your hair stops being ...erm, purple.' Selina took a seat with Layton and Lola, smiling slightly, and waving discreetly. 'Best to remain silent,' she thought. 'that way they can't find you guilty of what you're thinking.'

When Professor Powell started the class, unlike Professor Hill, it was with a review of last year's material. Much as she would like to have mentioned that ' learning certain subjects are rather like old wounds, and best left to scar over in peace,' she instead, raised her hand, and said, "We also learned about the history of brooms and how they were developed."

OOC: I'm assuming a certain conversation on Chatzy between the characters actually took place, just off-panel, and not where anyone would have heard.

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User Image

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:03 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: History II - Thursday @ 1:00pm

Grace entered her history class fairly optimistic about what she believed would result in review unless Professor Powell decided to be like Professor Hill. "Hello everyone," she said taking a seat with the rest of her classmates before taking out her things. Once class got underway she listened to her classmates answers, before she ultimately raised her hand to give one of her own.

"To expand on Lola's answer, the Chamber of Secrets was built by Salazar Slytherin before he left the school. His heir Tom Riddle opened the chamber in the twentieth century and sent a basilisk to attack muggle-borns. The chamber was reopened after that in 1992 by a fragment of Tom’s soul which Harry Potter and his friend Ronald Weasley ultimately stopped." Grace replied taking a deep breath. Sometimes she amazed herself at how she retained so much information. However at least she could say she was listening. Granted she wondered if people would think she was acting too smart.

User Image

With: Lola, Layton, Devonte, Selina

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

Lily the Rabbit

Graydon Ironshield
mc2
King Beardly

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:20 pm
User Image

Addie groaned as she entered the classroom of boredom. There was nothing about this class that was interesting. Well, except that this class seemed to make her friends Joel really uncomfortable. The Gryffindor smiled to herself in amusement as she found her seat. Too soon for Addie the class began and just like the other classes they were focusing on what they learned last year. The girl only half listened to her classmates answers. They forgot the only answer that she knew, "We learned about the history of brooms as well." She was surprised by herself as she answered aloud. She quickly went back to zoning out the window.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:26 am
User Image
User Image

Wearing ✧Where-History Classroom ✧What-Learning ✧With-Students ✧Why-Because that's the whole point

Eira entered the history classroom with her textbook already open and very expertly managed to not trip or bump into anyone as she continued reading the chapter only looking away from the text to see where she should sit and decided to join her friend one of her Gryffindor friends. She saw that Addie had already zoned out before class had even started and only tsked softly to herself already knowing she'd be sharing her notes from today with her and the others. Probably not Joel since the professor was also his uncle so he already had prior knowledge, rather he enjoyed it or not. When class started she reluctantly pulled herself away from her textbook to pay attention to Professor Powell who started the class off with asking for what they had learned last year. As per usual she kept quiet only making light additions to her notes but did give a small blink and smile when her friend beside her volunteered an answer, even if it was about brooms.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

In the spring we made a boat
Out of feathers, out of bones.
We set fire to our homes,
Walking barefoot in the snow.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:47 pm
User Image

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
ѕє¢σи∂ уєαя нυffℓєρυff

ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє
ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє

ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє fяσм уσυя ℓιєѕ
уσυ'яє ѕσ ѕєℓf ѕαтιѕfιє∂ ι ∂σи'т иєє∂ уσυ

ι'νє gσт тσ вяєαк fяєє
gσ∂ киσωѕ, gσ∂ киσωѕ ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє

Ceri fancied History of Magic, not particularly for the subject matter (her stepmother had drilled a lot of this into her brain already) but because it was a class that required little to no participation, meaning she could be quite and listen. It also amused her to hear how wrong and biased her stepmother was. She spotted her friend Eira in the class and sat next to her, giving the girl a quiet wave. The red head pulled out her writing materials and eagerly awaited the start of class. Ceri elected to remain quiet when everyone was going over what they'd learned last year. Despite having complete notes on everything, Ceri wasn't willing to contribute.

{συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя: ...}

Yukina101

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas