Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
Consequences of Kindness - 1x1 - Zelly & Anime Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:49 pm
While Ashen was changing, Rune had gone up to borrow a few things from the attic, namely the sword, bow, and arrows. "I'd rather be in trouble--hng!--then feel guilty later." Rune managed to pull the sword from its sheath with a grunt, the rusted blade practically begging for care. "A rusted sword and a few leftover arrows from a war that happened a few hundred years ago. I'm suddenly starting to regret not taking better care of these things." he said with a chuckle while leaning them against the wall within easy reach of the door.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:57 pm
"I can...uh...try to cast a mending spell on them or something if you need me to." Ashen offered, having figured that Rune already figured out that she was a witch. Otherwise he would not have brought out his weapons, right?

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:01 am
"It's fine. They'd probably think I was a closet serial killer or something if they saw the meek elf had a closet of weapons ready to go at any time." Rune joked while leaning back against the door and sliding down to sit on the ground. All that was really left was to wait for the mob.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:16 am
"People are so odd that way. Unless you had a bunch of mutilated corpses or bone sculptures, I'd simply assume you were being pragmatic. Well, I would have if I didn't know how you usually act."

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 am
"So what do you plan on doing once you repay your debt?" Rune asked keeping his smile up. The townsfolk were likely currently occupied tending to the wounded, putting out the fire, and wondering why the hell their healer had gone rogue on them. For now it seemed like a good idea to keep Ashen's mind off the situation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:31 am
"I don't know. Continue travelling, I suppose? It has never been safe for me to stay in one place for long." Ashen admitted after a moment's thought, frowning somewhat at the thought.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:39 am
"That can't be much fun, wandering from place to place all alone." Rune mused. "And you've really never found a single other person willing to accept your company? Not one other person could look at you and simply shrug off the fact you're a witch?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:42 am
"Not anyone that didn't want something terrible in return." Ashen was a granter of wishes. A jerkass genie in a sense, if you will. She'd twist and warp and diminish the value of any wishes she 'granted', making sure she got as much coin as possible whilst screwing her charge over as much as she could. Considering how despicable some wishes could be, it was justified. Other times it was simply wanton cruelty on her part. Others still just gave her an uneasy feeling.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:01 am
"We'll just have to change that now won't we? Either you stay or we both go." Rune smiled while standing to take a look out the window again. "I'd feel bad if you didn't get to pay your friend back before they kicked you out." Grabbing the sword by the hilt, he hid it behind his back as he slipped through the door.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 pm
Ashen contemplated what Rune said for several moments, simply staying where she was for several moments as she contemplated what to do. If Rune really could protect her for awhile, then staying for a little bit longer wouldn't be too much a crime. The moment she saw that he was at any risk, however, was the moment she'd leave - possibly dragging Rune along with her.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:25 pm
From inside, the muffled sounds of an argument could be heard. It was clear the town wanted the witch gone, while Rune simply pointed out how long she'd been staying already with no incidents, and how her actions were simply self-defense. Tempers rose and Rune revealed his sword and went on the defensive, the town obviously thinking this some sort of joke due to his usual demeanor that the town normally saw. It was no joke though and he easily fought off a few brutes that took a more forceful approach. He took a few hits, but it was still a piece of cake due to his past experience, even if he hadn't held a weapon in centuries. "Of course they're going to be superstitious and untrusting, but at least they should leave you alone." Rune said while coming back inside, wiping a bleeding cut on his cheek with his thumb while he put the sword away. "With enough time, they should come to the same conclusion I already had a long time ago; not every witch is evil."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:34 pm
{Hey, Zelly? Can I ask you something incredibly stupid?}

Ashen looked genuinely surprised as Rune walked back in, saying as he did. It was no surprise that the villagers wouldn't trust her, but it was shocking that they would supposedly leave her be. She saw the few cuts he'd gotten defending her name, making the witch take on a more guilty look. "Evil or not, it's my fault that you're dealing with all this hassle to begin with. Thank you for defending me, and...and I'm sorry for the trouble."

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:58 pm
((Sure, go ahead.))

"You have to remember, I've been through worse." Rune said easily. "It wasn't your fault, and you had no reason to go through all that. How about this; you patch me up, and I'll concede to our little bet before." he said with a warm smile. It was hard to say when he started putting things together, but it certainly wasn't just that morning, that was for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:34 pm
{I've been thinking about the problems I have with keeping roleplays that I'm interested in active, and of course not having not much interest/completely lacking interest in a more politely phrased way in the ones that start and stay active and I think I've figured out part of why that is. I don't think I plan things out enough. Determining how much I need to plan beforehand is difficult, however, as I do not honestly know what kind of characters are going to be sent in - if any at all - until the roleplay itself starts. Furthermore, if I plan an end result with only my current character to work with there's a high possibility that it will quickly be proven null/void/otherwise impossible with the current cast build. My lax approach to moderating a RP and quite possibly enforcing the lesser rules probably doesn't help the situation any either. I plan on making another Homestuck RP and I'm currently trying to think of a unique approach with a few ideas budding up already, but I do not want to let it die nearly as early as the other ones nor do I want to quickly go stale with a lack of conflict as had happened in CaM. So, what I'm thinking about doing is planning out a rough character arc and thoroughly contemplating the personality and mentality of my character(s). More specifically, going into detail about more than just looks and a vague idea - but instead focusing more on the character's goals/motivations, mindset, and general approach to everyday problems/situations. In that case, we(using this as a general term) could easilly look over each individual character and their strengths/flaws and better plot given future turns of events, perhaps even find one with fitting qualities and mold them into the big bad/antagonist/whatever of the piece at any given time. Should I start doing this from now on? Or should I just keep giving vague roles and let people reserve them as I always do, but perhaps require a small in-PM 'audition' for a given role and just go Simon Cowell on their asses and/or pick-n-choose as I see fit?

I was originally going to ask for a little bit of help/idea swapping for planning my future character out, but what I formerly stated seems like the more pressing issue.}

Ashen offered Rune a warm, pretty smile as she finally stood herself up. "I can agree to that." Without much delay she went on to get some bandages and minor healing salves.

M3Gnificent

Malevolent Warlord

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Zelly-fangirl

Enduring Heckler

10,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:44 pm
((This is going to seem incredibly blunt after all that (hi Kankri! 8D ) but I might actually agree to the 'auditioning', if only for the super important roles. You don't want to skimp on the important people, but if they're a less-important side character, you can probably get away with being more lax. If things still don't work for you, then you'll just have to get strict and militant on their asses.))

"I don't think I've ever seen you smile like that before." Rune noted, a bit of a teasing glimmer in his eye while he pulled off his shirt for her to tend to him. He had a few small scars here and there from his past experience on the battlefield, and his loose and baggy clothes had done a surprisingly good job of hiding his fit form. "You should do it more often."

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games