Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Desert Winds
Desert Wind Chapter #1: Playing Samurai and Indians Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:49 pm
@ Kitsune Juneko:
The supplies are kept with the supply wagons, guarded by the male Utaku and some Shinjo and Moto, depending on the time.

@ Shinjo Asura
"Forgive me. We're samurai of a Daimyo who has yet to establish herself. If it helps, I've told you the people who Ide Goro will listen to. It's up to you to do with that what you will. Anyrate, Good meeting you." With that, Naomi would take her leave.

@Utaku Jinyu-Zhe

Bonus points: What's wife's dinner? More bonus points if you made her a sammich.  
Rain Yupa rolled 4 10-sided dice: 5, 4, 3, 7 Total: 19 (4-40)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:21 pm
"I beg your pardon," Jinyu-Zhe would say to any staff currently manning the kitchen area. "I'm here to prepare a meal for my wife. I hope you do not mind the intrusion. I'm still new at this."

Quote:
@GM: what are my options/resources?

Quote:
Rice, dried fruits, veggies, and meat, you can scrounge and hunt for fresh things if you like. A free raise since you're going over scouted terrain.

After getting some advice for a spring-themed meal he could prepare, Jinyu-Zhe would set about slicing some cucumber, before coating the slices in vinegar, salt, sugar, and ginger and leaving it to pickle. His next step was to make a paste of miso, mirin, and sake, which he combined with ginger and spring onions. After mixed, he would then coat eggplant slices with the sauce. He would set them to bake them in a tray greased in groundnut oil in low heat.

As it baked, he would wash the rice in a sieve, and letting it rest within a larger bowl. When he was done, he would once more return to the baking tray, sprinkling the slices with sesame seeds and coriander, before setting it aside.

Next, he would begin to boil rice and peas (separately), the latter having a pinch of salt added to the water. After it was done, he would briefly cool the peas before mixing them, the rice, and the paste from before together.

Allowing this to cool, he would set about frying some teriyaki steak in a pan with some more oil, before removing and seasoning with salt and pepper. He would then mix some mirin, soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, cornflour and ginger in a saucepan, bringing it to a slow boil while stirring until it became a thick sauce.

Setting the parts of the meal upon two plates, he would spoon the sauce over the teriyaki steak, and sprinkled some chopped coriander to the top. He would add the mixed rice and the pickled cucumbers as side dishes, along with some sliced red onions.

Content with the end results, he would set the plates upon a tray and go to bring it to the couples' quarters.

Quote:
Per GM request, Intelligence/Craft: Cooking 3k3 untrained, with +1k1 from void point. Result: 19

Void points reduced from 1 to 0.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:20 pm
"Given the choice of the camp or scouting, I would be glad to take the latter- but safe as I imagine he'd be surrounded by so many capable warriors, that's up to Yoritomo-san." She waved her hand dismissively, no value in lingering on what her charge may or may not decide or his prowess in battle. She could hope though- he was ambitious to come out this far, so perhaps more promise of being the first to see a new resource to market would bring him along. Without flowers to work with, she might as well be tracking or fighting, and if it kept her far from camp and near fewer people when her next moon-dream came all the better.

"Believe he'd like to be of assistance, one way or another though. He bade me ask if there was aught else we could do to aid in that task."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:48 pm
"Well I won't turn ya away either. Every eye out there with me helps. The buggers came out of the ground around our feet so we even gotta watch out for unmarked graves. Right now what I need is knowledge. If ya ain't got expertise on the subject'a zombies and what in Jigoku is waking 'em up here, or how we stop it short of decapitating every corpse we come across, then ye can best help by restin' up and being ready to move first thing in the morning if yer comin'." she explained a bit meanderingly, clearly still trying to work out the details in her head as they came to her. Even if there wasn't much she could do about them given their time and resources.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:54 pm
"That I can do," she nodded and gave a quick, shallow bow with a friendly smile before heading on her way. She'd have to get her hair just-so if she was going to make sure it would be reasonable without minding in the morning, and she'd have to tell her charge that she'd been instructed to get her beauty sleep.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:06 am
Asura would take what seemed to be a lull to find somewhere to prop himself up and steal some sleep.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:54 pm
Aneksi nodded in turn and let the Mantis be off to decide their role in the upcoming challenge, and barring any other interceptions would be off herself to take her own advice. She was a bit uncomfortable with the idea that they were being given a special private tent, but she wasn't about to turn down the offer either. Especially not when she caught scent of the meal that was waiting for her within.

"Kami, it smells like ye've really outdone yerself this time. You'll take it as a compliment if I dig in first an' show gratitude after. M'glad we're our own unit or I'd be worried'uv the other Shiotome gettin' jealous." she chuckled, before doing exactly that, one hand on her chopsticks and one possessively on her husband.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:21 pm
"I hope you mean the food and not myself," he joked, gently lifting his kimono and playfully sniffing at it. While he had washed up prior to cooking, he still smelled of arid dryland. Something he'd have to put up with until they had a chance to have a proper bath.

"I had a few of the peasant staff give me some cooking pointers, so I can hopefully make more of Inari's Blessing, rather than just... ta-da. While it's adequate for keeping my Shiotome fed, I'd be doing you a disservice by not making sure you were fed and happy."

Smiling and bowing to Aneksi, he would wait for her to begin before partaking of his own portions. As the adage states, battle maidens first.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:35 pm
"Could be both, tho' not much'd hide the smell of animals on ya. Not that I mind, mind. I'm happy~ Ya didn't haf'ta go the extra mile, after what ye went through today." she concluded, leaving the rest unsaid in favor of food.

This concluded the PG13 part of the scene. Barring further interruptions, the night proceeds as one might expect from a honeymooning couple, leaving them sleeping hard and refreshed to take on the next day, Aneksi intending to rise at first light, before sunrise.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:49 pm
Paidi tou Selini
Utaku Aneksi

Mongooseh
Shinjo Asura

raganui Minamoto
Yoritomo Misaki

psychofish
Kitsune Juneko

Rain Yupa
Utaku Jinyu-Zhe

It is next morning. You can do morning stuff or you can get straight to the matter to speed things up. If you choose the quick route, you get five jade fingers and a pot of ground jade good for approximately one or two battles, depending. This is for the entire group

If not, you may negotiate for more or maybe wind up with less. I'll also need to know how you're handling the trail out there. Your wagon has been furnished with two new peasents and you have ten days of supply. I will be handling your actions in three day blocks this time.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:33 pm
Jinyu-Zhe would be fine accepting the finger of jade - they were hard to come by these days, and as an aspiring stablemaster, he certainly was not the type to look a gift horse in the mouth!

However, we have a courtier with us who may wish to negotiate, and would be willing to hear out Misaki's stance on the matter.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:09 pm
He contemplated trying to push for more jade, the business man in him wanting to show off his skills, but five was a decent amount and the pot of ground jade to go with it. Even he would be hard pressed to convince them to provide more.

Misaki would just bow, nodding to the person providing it and thanking them. After which, he'd look towards the others to see how the 'leader' wished to proceed.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:17 am
Asura was finally glad that he was finally able to rest fully and was very grateful if the clan decided him worthy to bestow a finger of jade to.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:41 am
Notes: You will have ten days of food per person in the cart. You will also have three peasants. two drivers and one ashigaru. The player characters may perform the following duties. Each individual player may only make one check per three day block of time. The non player characters can be counted on to guard the wagon and cook food and keep camp.

Hunting/Gathering: Agility/Hunting to gain food. This nets one day's worth of food for one person. Each additional raise garners more food. A raise is also required to find food that is in keeping with Rokugani sensibilities. Those with said sensibilities may eat food that isn't Rokugani approved with a loss of honor.

Perception/Lore Shadowlands to find dark magic tracks and the like. The more raises there are, the clearer they become.

Perception/ Various lore tests to find resources and the like. More Raises=More valuable items of interest.

Intelligence/Battle to help safeguard the wagon as the party searches. Successfully doing so will gain a +1 initiative bonus to one person the roller indicates. More raises grant the ability to give the bonus to more people or to increase the bonus

All base TNs are 15
Anything else, it doesn't hurt to try.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Rain Yupa rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 10, 6, 2 Total: 28 (4-40)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:17 pm
Note: Finger of Jade added to personal inventory

Jinyu-Zhe would focus on paying attention to any magical phenomena in the area. He was not practiced in noticing telltale signs of Shadowlands activity, but he was a shugenja.

Quote:
Perception/Spellcraft with no raises, 4k3 = 36

[L5R 4e] Desert Winds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas