Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Anakumath's Hatching] From a Little Spark May Burst a Flame Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:47 pm
Whren-He/Him- Of the sands some where / High reaches

Whren watched the milling of the candidates and sighed. It was different watching from the sidelines. He sought out Jemi and watched her... she was fine and that helped him relax a bit, rubbing his thumb over the bumps of Emblems skull as she cuddled into him.

He didn't fault the bronze, he had his reason, like every other young creature that ever maimed or took a life. He wanted her to find her match on the sands... for someone to have some meaning and not be trapped in limbo of want and waiting and she might have be feeling like a pebble being worn away under the laps of the waves, but he never wanted her to feel like it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:52 pm
Itzlel (now I'zel)-Impression post

Itzlel had gone through the motions he had done once or twice before, as the humming announcing the hatching was coming started. He had gotten into his robes and sandals, before following all the others out onto the sands. He had listened as F'dral gave his lecture on the behavior he expected from all of them. He had gotten out on the sands, not expecting any of the dragons to be for him. He had seen as the eggs began to shake and a green, a bronze, a very angry looking brown, and a twin blue and green came out of their eggs. He actually was surprised on the twins, that had been the egg he had inadvertently upset before. He hoped they would find their riders, wondering which mind he had spoken to..now that he knew it was more than one dragon.

He didn't have time to think much on it, however, as the brown seemed to be snapping at some of the candidates and a bronze came out of the star egg. He remembered touching him too and he watched as he and the brown tustled. He felt worry and anger fill him, hoping the bronze would be okay and still okay for his rider. He didn't think he could possibly be for him, so hopefully the baby would be alright and be able to get to his rider. He watched with bated breath, when it seemed the brown had impressed, thankfully the rider of him was able to pull him off. His eyes looked back to the bronze, he could see he was badly hurt, even as the bronze tried to stand tall.

Your Mihrath is here, Itzlel. If you will have me, come to me now.came a voice into his head. Wait..what...Mihrath...his Mihrath?! The black haired young man could feel pain as he began moving to where the bronze waited. He knew it wasn't his pain..it belonged to the bronze...his bronze. His steps became quicker, as he knelt beside the bronze, willing the dragon to feel his love and want of him. He could feel the hesitation to fully link with him, but once those rainbow eyes fixed on him, he felt so much love for him as the connection was established. He wrapped his arms gently around the bronze, allowing tears to fill his eyes. Then he remembered, his dragon was hurt...he wasn't going to allow any talk of this however long the bronze had business.

Mihrath...I have lost too much in my life. You are not one of those things, the healers will patch you up. You and I will have much time to get to know each other,he spoke with more optimism than he had felt in awhile. He got to his feet and picked up his dragon, carrying him off the sands and directly to the healers.

Of course, Mine, and right all the wrongs in the world. When I am feeling better,Mihrath told him. Only his would know how much he hurt and worried His might not want to take the chance. However, he was glad he had, he leaned into the young man.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:54 pm
Lojze -- HR, he/him

There was another brown on the Sands now, and in the relative calm after the final egg hatched Lojze leaned into Zelaya. "How you doing?" he asked with a genuine smile. "Way I see it, there's still hatchlings on the Sands, so our chances aren't completely gone." He felt only the slightest twinge of envy for the boy who had Impressed that commanding bronze, but he was sure that whatever he ended up with would be just as grand, if not more grand. And if he didn't Impress, there was always next time, right?

ShinosBee

Hattaki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:59 pm
Well, if Hers wasn't going to come out, 90s Picture Day green was just going to have to go find them! Prancing forward, she surveyed the Candidates nearby, and caught sight of one of the ones who had come out to see her brother. Oh! There he was!

Yes, he. Her most special, precious one. Remdianori, your Inannath is waiting! I looked all over for you, you silly man, and you were nowhere to be seen! the dragon crowed, as she pounced gently onto her rider, pushing him down onto the Sands. Her eyes whirled with the rainbow of Impression, tinged with blue-violet love.

What a silly man! Did he think that somehow he could escape her grasp? That bronze wasn't yours, Mine. Had he wanted the bronze instead? There weren't any bronzes left, but Inannath was already here and had laid a permanent claim to her one and only Remdianori! Leaning down, she nuzzled him in perfect contentment.

User Image

faesinger

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:09 pm
Yllaei-Standidate-HR

Yllaei had a rest day from the kitchens, so she had decided to come see the hatching, when she had gotten wind of the dragons humming. She had found a seat in the stands, looking forward to see what this new group of babies would be like. She made sure to save room for M'yk, if he so chose to join her here, knowing he did have family on the sands. She also had saved room for Belia, if the green rider would like to sit with her as well. Her eyes focused on the sands, seeing as so much action happened at once, it was hard to keep track of what was going on. Eggs had rocked and babies came spilling out of the shells, each with their own personalities. Greens, Blues, bronzes, browns...it seemed to be a blur of things on the sands. Even a scuffle between brothers, though thankfully it was taken care of in short order when they both impressed. And one of the other bronzes seemed to rip into a candidate, which made her gasp in surprise. While she knew such things were possible, from her time as a candidate herself, it didn't stop her from aching in pain for the boy. He hopefully would live, but it definitely would not be in the same way as before.

"It seems there is definitely a lot going on, huh?"she spoke softly. She watched as even twin golds hatched, which she knew was not a common occurrence at all. More impressions happened and some fighting, she did so hope the rest would find their's. She could see some of the metallics were making their presence seen by all. At least some of the group that formed did seem to find their riders. She hoped the one green who had tried to protect a candidate from her blue brother would be alright, she hadn't seen her impress yet, she didn't think.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:13 pm
Will I not, then? The Eggplant Blue growled, stepping back for just a moment to throw himself at his sister once more. He tried to take her down more from the side this time, hoping to bowl her over and be done with it from there. And why not? Because you decided to stand in my way? Do you even know why you're doing that, or is it just because you wanted to be a pest?

How dare she. How dare she--didn't she understand? How could she look at him and not feel the same, or at least comprehend why his hearts burned like this? But no, the Happy Ghost Green was a fool, plain and simple. She was his sister, like it or not, but that didn't change what she was. Why couldn't she just understand that he couldn't simply let Lojze get away with this? His sister intervening had only made things so much worse, and the hatchling's frustration hadn't come close to dying out. She had stepped in out of some desire to be the hero or something, and now he was having to deal with it--if she would've just let it happen, they could've already been finished with all this!

The Blue knew exactly who would understand him, though. Where they were was a bit more of a question, but he knew--he'd felt them from the moment he'd hatched, although it had been too hard to pinpoint them when he'd first stepped free of his shell. Now, though? He knew who he had to reach out to, and time was of the essence--his anger was already overflowing, and there was only one person who had even the slightest chance of tempering it.

Rosannah! It's-- I'm Erisath, hello-- He still had his claws dug into the Happy Ghost Green's hide, ichor dripping in thick rivulets from his mouth as he turned his head toward the Stands. Erisath had no trouble finding her despite the crowd, slowly starting to draw away from his sibling more and more as he stared in her direction. Seeing as you're Mine and I'm Yours and all, I'd--really like to ask you a favor! Can you tell her to drop it? I just wanted to teach him a lesson. And then I was going to find you, but now she's gotten in the WAY and I'm-- Ughhh, I'm so sick of this already!
She could certainly feel all of his outrage and indignation, but more than that, there was love--something deep and strong, only for His Rosannah to know. The Blue opened his hearts to her, wanting little more than her acceptance in spite of everything he'd done. She'd agree with him, right? Flashes of yellow and purple began to whirl in his eyes, although the rainbow of Impression was quick to scrub them away. There was no one else out here for him, and Erisath knew that she'd be able to see him for the true prince he was.
Iiiii don't have to forgive her, do I? When you get down here. Because--you're going to come here, I hope.

He wouldn't admit to sounding just a little nervous, finally backing away from the Happy Ghost Green with a soft huff of irritation. Erisath was done with her, as far as he was concerned--he had more important things to worry about than his sister right now, anyway. His Rosannah would soon be there with him, or he would simply cease to be.

User Image

Samuel Carlin

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:13 pm
Rhylune-high reaches- she/her

She knew that hatchlings could get blood, but it was hard to watch when such a thing happened. She was concern for him and she hope he was going to make it. But there was hatchlings and eggs and she was excited to meet the black cat brown, maybe, if he wanted to say hi.

It was just so exciting to see them all. They were so wonderful.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:17 pm
Kahbrohm - He/Him

Another bronze (perhaps the last one) of the clutch impressed and it honestly took the weight of hope and expectation off of Kahbrohm's shoulders. Though he could (and would) appreciate those other dragons who were roaming about now, he'd admittedly would always see himself (being the son of a bronzerider) suited to a-

You're kidding me.

As his eyes swept the sand, they rested upon Dehka, who was all but wrapped into the embrace of a small green. A green! Certainly, there were those who had their opinions of greens and the men chosen by them but it was something far more complicated that wrapped itself up viciously in Kahbrohm's chest. It seethed and pulsed and reared its ugly barbs against all of his feelings he'd been using to keep himself from feeling the weight of being looked over.

It was angry and jealous and there was nothing he could do about it besides seethe to himself, even if it was entirely unsightly.

-----

Cetra - She/Her

More and more dragons were finding theirs and Cetra found the absolute buzz and hum that had filled her head when everything had begun was starting to fade into an almost quiet hum as more and more of the dragons impressed and more people left the sands. It would be getting later and later into the night and perhaps it was that same silence that settled upon things similarly.

Maybe that was it. Or perhaps nerves had finally broken through the initial excitement and chewed at the edges of her senses.

----

Lihyo - She/Her

As more and more of those coveted 'special' and 'shiny' metallics made their impressions, Lihyo visibly relaxed. She'd not imagined any would even look her way, but there was something about the, er, impression the first hatched bronze had left upon her that had colored the rest of them with a brush of fear she couldn't place.

So for now, she'd keep her eyes on the chromatics with a sort of muted interest.

-----

Midrymear - He/Him

Midrymear likely looked visibly disappointed, but unless his dragon was out there to judge him for it, would they really call him out for having looked so desireously upon the bronzes who had walked the sands? He herded his thoughts to a neutral, kinder place but it wasn't really a bad thing to want, was it?

-----

Beelim - He/Him

Things seemed calmer now and Beelim relaxed visibly with it, finally smiling for the first time since he'd touched the sands. "Well, it seems like they all like to go almost all at once, once they get going," he mused as though he'd not been standing for Turns now.

But it was always something every time.

----
Niika - She/Her

Her heart was feeling a little calmer now as what would come after all of these babies impressed inched closer and closer. And then - a blue called to the stands and all of that carefully crafted emotional well being gave way to ugly envy that nearly had her excuse herself from her seat.

But where would she go? A'zota would be surrounded by newly impressed dragons and nowhere else about High Reaches was hers anymore. Perhaps Eriath would let her lean these gross feelings into her for a moment. Just for now.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:28 pm
With his sister's gentle nuzzles to keep his spirits up, little Sunshine blue looked out at the Candidates once again. He wasn't anxious, exactly, just...

Oh, it was just a lot to take in, all at once. Was it really okay to go first? Before his genteel sister? Glancing up at the No. 2 Pencil II queen, Sunshine blue creeled. Are you sure? Will it really be all right? But oh, there was someone out there calling to him! He wanted to go to them.

He needed to go to them. But he could wait. He could wait forever, if he must. Surely it would be the better thing to do. His sister could Impress first, and then -

But No. 2 Pencil II nudged him tenderly, encouraging him toward the knot of Candidates. Go. It will be just fine. I promise. You needn't fear anything. They're waiting for you, she said softly, sending a wash of affection toward her sibling.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:35 pm
Re'nori of Green Inannath

Remdianori was still standing where he had moved to after the little bronze asked them all (commanded really) to come out. He had been content to watch the hatching from here now and didn’t really see the point in moving back. He was fascinated by the interactions around him, from the good impressions to the bad crying. It was human, and dragon, emotions at their finest in many ways. He watched each impression with interest.

He was focused on one such impression, a bronze he had known was not his, and missed the green approaching him until he was down on the sands with her standing on top of him. Remdianori, your Inannath is waiting! I looked all over for you, you silly man, and you were nowhere to be seen! He looked up into rainbow eyes with a laugh. That bronze wasn't yours, Mine.

“You found me now.” He told Inannath, his (his!) dragon. “And I know. He was too…” He trailed off not really sure what word to use there. But Inannath, as she leaned down and nuzzled him, knew exactly what her rider meant. Exactly. She hopped off Re’nori’s chest and stood expectantly. Now come. I am hungry and would like to check on my sisters and brothers.

Re’nori reached down and picked Inannath up. I can walk. She half heartedly protested even as she snuggled into his arms. “I know, but I want to carry you. Indulge me.” Always.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:35 pm
--Hold on a minute! The Corn brown lifted his head up sharply, his eyes whirling yellow-orange as he stared at the Candidates. What was going on over there? He stared intently, almost looking like he might get up... almost. .  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:43 pm
When Erisath backed away from her, Happy Ghost Green settled back, huffing as she looked over her wounds and the ichor from them calmly, despite the pain. They ached - she ached. But she would hold strong as she waited, watched, until the blue had turned from his previous target with his eyes transfixed in rainbows towards the stands.

Good. she thought to herself with a dismissive sneeze before she returned her purposeful stride off towards the candidate she'd been quite pointedly on her way towards when she'd had to step off to the side to deal with teeth being pointed in a direction they shouldn't have been. Her brother's words and insults swept off of the green like they were water on a seawherry's back and she held her head high despite a slight limp in her step.

In fact - the very person they had been seeking out was moving closer and the little green broke out into an almost rushed jog to meet her before she got too far forward. After all, hers was absolutely perfection incarnate in her eyes and she'd have not been surprised if others amongst her siblings would wish to steal her all up for themselves!

She would stop before her perfect chosen, taking in a quiet moment to circle the girl to check her over - her touch gentle, but prodding, in her check to make sure nobody had gotten unruly claws or teeth upon her that needed to be dealt with before she settled a far deeper, desperate need. She didn't need her wounds tended to, well she did, but what she needed now was for hers to feel every ounce of love that she could pour out of her injured body - though it didn't tremble for the strain. No, it was certain and true without a single ounce of doubt behind it.

My dearest Lelte. If you were to ask me if I had ever seen anybody or anything as amazing as you, I would have to say no - and that is why it is only you that your Camaeleth needs.

For the girl would always be safe with her until the end of all time.

User Image

dawns_aura

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:43 pm
Resolved that this was the right thing to do, Sunshine blue squared his shoulders -

We can go together, if that would help, his sister put in gently, and suddenly the weight was off of his shoulders.

Oh, oh, let's! Oh, please, let's do. To say that he was relieved was something of an understatement. He'd thought he'd have to do this all on his own, but here she was, willing to lend him a claw.

Together, then. Walking along together, Sunshine blue and No. 2 Pencil II gold meandered across the Sands. Somewhere Sunshine's rider was... and No. 2 Pencil II was determined to help him find His.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:45 pm
Dystzha - Western - She/Her

Oh, the numbweed was beginning to finally work it’s wonderful magic, and the deep, aching pain dulled back into soft roar. She couldn’t bear to keep looking at the mess of her legs, instead looking back at her friend, and beyond towards the rest of the hatching grounds -- only looking when she was directed to move or pick up a foot here or there.

There was impressions happening more central to the clutch, and though she was sad to be so close to the sides, there was no doubt that her legs needed bandaged. There was a queen that had hatched, escorting a blue around (or maybe even the other way around…?). But, wait -- hadn’t she seen a gold walk off. Twins??

Finally given the okay to head back in, Dystzha tested her weight on her feet. She’d need to be careful, but stitched and cleaned up quick and efficiently. The impressions were cascading, and soon enough they would be over. Surel had stood with her all this time, she deserved to see some of these precious High Reaches babies.

“Ready to head back in?” Dystzha beamed, maybe a touch of the numbweed helping to take the sting out of her voice and mind, but happy to finish out the hatching back closer to the clutch. Looping an arm through the other girl’s, she led the way back closer to the action and baby dragons -- and maybe avoiding the stain of her own blood on the golden sands.

SilverLutz

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:47 pm
V'ek and Blue Nimiseth

Nimiseth had slowed considerably on the way to the feeding tables despite his enthusiasm, but he still beat his new rider. Vannek kept his pace deliberately controlled, watching his beloved blue bounce to an internal chant.

Meat meat meat.

It was only when he bounded close to his Very Angry brown brother, thoughts clearly full of Sathanaseth won't mind if I have some of his meeeeaaaaaattttt that Vannek knew he had to shut it down. The noise he made in his head was utterly ridiculous, but it got the job done. Nimiseth skidded to a stop a few feet short of Haveli, eyes wide as his rider ran forward to intercept.

"Oh. Hello." Vannek smiled. "We were just heading over this way..." he jerked his head to the right, "...and he got confused." The young man took the next seat over and got to work, bits of herdbeast sliding down his dragon's throat as fast as he could cut them.

"Congratulations. He's quite lovely."

houllow

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas