Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

Mistril

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:28 pm
Venatici had read quite a few chapters before he realized how tired his eyes were getting. History of Magic always had that effect on him. He looked at a clock and decided he should go over some things in Ancient Runes before he turned in for the night. He then exchanged his History of Magic book for the Ancient Runes book on the table. Then, leaning back in the chair, he began reading again.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 4:18 pm
Fabian took one last survey of the room. That's when, his eyes fell on someone he hadn't seen before. It was an older student, in their 5th or 6th year. A mysterious air followed the teen, caressing his lanky frame and dark hair. "Well" Fabian thought. "This IS my third year. Perhaps I can start it off my making some new friends. After last year's incidents, I'd be better off."
He made his way across the common room.
"Erm. Hello. I'm Fabian."  

Tendara

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:22 pm
When Sirius' face got closer to his, Remus felt sure that he was going to smack him over the head. So, when he closed his eyes, it was out of reflex instead of instinct that he should since he was about to be kissed. When he felt Sirius' lips against his own, his eyes flew open as he seemed to freeze in time. He couldn't kiss back, despite the fact that he wanted to, because his brain had turned into melted goo.

When the kiss ended faster that it started, Remus had to hold back a sound of protest. He didn't want it to end. He wanted his brain to wake up so he could kiss Sirius back to let him know that he was thinking the same. It was a good thing that James and Peter were downstairs, because explaining this to them would not make sense as it didn't make sense to even Remus at the moment, but he didn't care, because this was truly what he had wanted for quite some time.

Finally, he allowed his face to break into a slight grin with fiercely blushed cheeks. He moved his hand that was still on his shoulder to fall and rest on top of Sirius' hand which was still on his knee. "I'm glad that's what you meant. That means we're on the same page."

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:14 pm
"I'm glad that's what you meant. That means we're on the same page."

Sirius broke into raucous laughter, relief spreading over him. He looked at Remus with a slight tinge of pink to his cheeks. "Wow. That's really..." He wasn't quite sure he what he was supposed to say next. He was relieved and happy, certainly, but now his thoughts flashed to those of what James might think. However, he was far to happy to dwell on these negative thoughts, and he positively tackled Remus in another hug. "It's great, Remus. I... I think it's ridiculous how long I've been thinking about you, and to know that you feel the same....!" He smiled at Remus shyly, taking Remus' hand in his and absent-mindedly stroking the back of it with his thumb. Suddenly, he let out a huge yawn and realised that he was quite tired: the day seemed to have stretched on forever, and he grinned sheepishly in apology.

Freak Show Excess

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:53 pm
"And if a fellow student is or may be in trouble, I feel the student body has a right to know."

Hestia blinked, not sure on how to respond to that. She bit her tongue and justmerely nodded. She wasn't a journalist or a reporter of any type, so perhaps it wasn't her place to give input. "If you say so. I just hope this doesn't cause a lot of backlash against you, Rita. You don't think they'll know you wrote the story?" she asked curiously, glancing up again.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 6:55 pm
"Erm. Hello. I'm Fabian."

Venatici was so engrossed with his book that it took quite a few moments before he realized he was being spoken to. When the realization set in, however, he snapped his head up and looked at the person in front of him. He was slightly shocked to see someone other than Sybill talking to him, but recovered as quickly as possible.

"Hello," He replied, closing his book. "I'm Venatici." After a brief pause in which he wasn't sure what to do, he said, "You can have a seat, if you'd like." And gestured to the seat next to him.

Mistril

Tendara

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:07 pm
Fabian nodded, and took the offered seat.
"I believe we have Ancient Runes together." He pointed towards the book Venatici was holding. "I've always thought it was an interesting subject, if nothing else." Stifling a yawn, he continued. "So, maybe I'll see you there? I'm headed off to bed. It was nice meeting you." He crossed the room, gathered his books, and wearily walked to his bed.
He laid there quietly envisioning the next day's events, until he drifted to sleep.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:19 pm
[ooc: The night wears on and eventually most everyone gets to bed in preperation for classes in the morning!
If you want to, just summarize the rest of your night in your next post, we need to get this getting on.

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:30 am
"You don't think they'll know you wrote the story?"

“Not know I wrote it?” Rita pulled out a copy of the newsletter. “See here at the bottom? I signed them, sort of. Since I’m not an actual reporter yet, I couldn’t really sign them, just left a hint. But it’s of no consequence to me either way. Journalists don’t hide from their work. They take pride in it. And if someone has a problem, they can to tell me, since I wrote it. Besides . . . Did you hear that?” Rita turned to her left and looked down. Looking right back at her was Mrs. Norris. “Oh great, I don’t need to be caught by Flinch this early in the semester! We’d better hurry Hestia.” Rita grabbed Hestia’s hand and rushed toward the common room, not stopping till they were both inside. She let out a breath she didn’t know she was holding. “That was close. I’m probably going to head to bed now, make sure I get that early start tomorrow. See you in class?” Rita waved goodbye to Hestia then went to her room, and fell asleep.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:21 pm
Gilderoy bid the pictures a fond farewell before heading back to the common room with Dempsy. "I'll see you in the morning then Mr. President, I'm off to bed." Gilderoy wrapped up his hair and snuggled into the covers, drifting into a peaceful slumber.  

Mmm Bop

Le Papillon Pleurant

850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:37 pm
Hestia blinked as she watched Rita go on to the dorms. She followed suit, sneezing occasionally due tot he presence of Mrs. Norris. "What is it with all these damn cats? Is there a hairball convention in the dungeons tonight?" she muttered irritably as she trudged up the stairs atfer bidding Rita goodnight. She truly wondered if the stories were completely true and weren't just fabrication. Then again, it wasn't as if Hestia actually gave two rips about other people's lives most of the time. She had her own problems to worry about.

The appearance of her bed seemed rather welcoming. She didn't want to take time to unpack right now. She just wanted to sleep. she changed quickly into her light blue pajamas and plopped onto her bed, curling up into a little ball with her favorite teddy bear. Yes, she ahd a teddy bear. A girl needed something warm to snuggle with, after all. Soon, she was asleep and happily snoozing away.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:02 am
After Fabian had left, Venatici noticed that he was tired as well. He gathered his things and climbed the stairs to his room. Once there, he quickly changed into his PJs and crawled into bed, falling asleep immediately.  

Mistril

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:07 am
Thirty minutes before class started, Horace Slughorn was at his desk, busy
preparing for the first potions class of the year. He bustled about, making sure the cupboards were fully stocked and ready for the students, as they would be diving into a potion already that day. He figured, since they were all older students, they could handle it, and he assumed many of them would much rather do something hands-on the first day than be lectured to and recieve 12 inches or more of an essay. He chuckled to himself, however, thinking that he may use that 12 inches as a threat to any student who thought they might be able to slack off on the first day.

As he finished his inventory of the supply cupboard, he noticed that they were running a little low on beetle's eyes, so he made a quick trip down to the supply room to fetch some, picking up a little more mint, for he knew that the students would be a bit careless with the optional ingredient.

As the first students started to trickle in, he began writing on the blackboard the ingredients they would need for the potion they would prepare that day--a Calming Draught-- and managing to drag his enormous belly through the chalk already coating the blackboard. Blast, he cursed, flicking his wand as he spelled it away, and looked over the directions for any mistakes:

Professor Slughorn
Calming Drought
10 grammes powdered cocodile tooth
3 beetle eyes
3 grammes powdered graphorn
7 grammes syrup of hellebore
sprig of mint to taste

Instructions on page 6o8 in textbook.

Satisfied with his before-class preparations, he took a seat at his desk, greeting any students who gave him a 'good morning'.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:05 am
Bella didn't remember falling asleep, but woke in the morning, with her robes still on. The curtains on her four-poster bed were closed, Thos curled up in a ball against her stomach. Getting out of bed, she realized most everyone was still asleep, even careful to not disturb Thos too much as she got up, through the window she could see horizon still pink with the promise of sunshine. She pulled her shoes on, lacing up her heeled boots and headed to the bathroom to wash and brush. Then hurried to the dining hall, grabbing a muffin and a banana; it was still too early to get the breakfast foods, but still table's were full of baskets of muffins, bagels, and fruit.

She went to the library next to sit in peace for a moment before class. Bella arrived in potions just as students were beginning to trickle in, Slughorn was seated, their day's assignment on the board. She sighed, and took a seat near the edge of the room, putting her half-eatten muffin on her desk.

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:14 pm
That morning, Severus a bit excited about having Potions class first, because he knew he was good at it and, since they were fifth years now, he knew that the potions they would be making would begin to be more and more challenging.

He smoothed out his bedcovers, making sure there was nary a wrinkle in them, and then turned to pick out his robes for that day, and then gathered all his toiletries together, heading to the washroom for a quick shower. After he was finished, he used a quick drying spell to dry off, headed back to his room, dressed, then headed down to breakfast.

He grabbed a piece of toast and a few kippers and set them on his plate, then poured himself a glass of pumpkin juice. He munched quietly at his breakfast, idly wondering what sort of potions they'd be getting into that day.

After checking the time, he realised it was close enough to time for Potions, and headed down to the classroom, first checking he had his scales, cauldron and textbook in his bag, along with a quill and ink.

He arrived at class very early; no one else besides Professor Slughorn had even ventured down yet. He quietly took a seat near the middle of the room, watching Slughorn write what had to be the ingredients for the potion they were making on the blackboard. He took out a piece of parchment and started copying it down, since he knew he'd need it for class. Calming Draught, hmm? That should come in handy this year. After finishing, he pulled out his scales, cauldron, and textbook, ready for class to start.

RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games