Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:28 pm

User Image
Shadow Hunter, Silent Hunter
The forest is yours alone
Night Hunter, Quiet Hunter
None disturb your hunt

Joshua felt a shiver run through him. Some were dead? Already? How were they being found so fast? He nodded slowly, listening to Tianara. Hearing Katalina speak, he glanced between the two females. "What's going on?" He asked as he frowned, slightly frustrated. "What am I missing here? What's a good idea?" He hated feeling lost like this. What in the world were they talking about? He wished people would either remember he didn't speak the merlanguage really or stop trying to exclude him from the conversations.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:27 pm

Katalina blinked at Joshua. Then something seemed to click, and she switched back to English. "Sorry, Joshua," she said. "It's just...easier." She shook her head. "They must have someone on their side who can sense our magic. All ocean children have it in them - it would make them easy prey if there's someone who can sense the difference. And injured ocean children would be the easiest of all. Those you three met...most of them have either come back to their clan or taken their families far enough away to be safe. We hope. But there's one..."

"Kiro," said Tianara, her voice still blank and steady. "Kiro is still in the hospital, Joshua. Sorry was suggesting that we go back, check him out, and bring him here. Or send him away to safety, or bring him home to the clan. It doesn't really matter where. But he can't stay where he is."

She looked over at him uncertainly. "The others are getting out to safety, and most of them are finding ways to help protect the merfolk from there. Others are just finding means to protect themselves and help us from home. I don't know if the village has been reached yet. But I want to get Kiro out of it, just to be safe. And Aria...she needs to be warned as well. It's only a drop of magical blood for her, but we can't be sure she won't be mistaken for an ocean child."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:36 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

The confusion and frustration on Joshua's face cleared as things were finally explained to him. He glanced at Tianara and nodded. "Alright then. Let's get Kiro moved. Aria can handle herself for a little while. Kiro is in the hospital however. Which would be safer for him - Bring him here or send him elsewhere?" He glanced from Katalina to Tianara. Tianara's voice was too blank and it was making him nervous. He felt that if they didn't deal with Kiro first, the girl would do something stupid. Besides, like he said, Aria wasn't pinned down to one place. She was free to move and roam if indeed something did come after her.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:20 pm

A little colour came back into Tianara's too-pale face. But her voice remained quiet and steady. "Here. I should take him home, Joshua. Back to the clan, at least until he's healthy again. After that...we could just see how things turn out."

Katalina looked troubled as she looked between them. At last, she said simply, "And maybe you should stay with him once you take him home, Tianara. This isn't the kind of thing you need to be dealing with fresh out of the clan. Do you know anything about how to deal with a human threat - without revealing yourself?"

Tianara opened her mouth as though to reply angrily, then hesitated and went quiet. "I..." She sighed. "No," she admitted. "But that doesn't mean I'm going back to wait in the clan until it's all over. I have to help, Sorry." Sensing her way and pressing her advantage, she insisted, "I'm practically the safest of all of us - I'm out here, away from the town, so it would be really hard to sneak up on me. I have you guys and Joshua here." Seeing that Katalina still looked worried, she said at last, "We'll talk about it after we get Kiro, Sorry. Okay?"

She looked at Joshua, hoping for backup on this.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:14 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua nodded. Taking Kiro home seemed like a good idea. The merfolk would be able to look after him while he healed. And it would keep Tianara from fretting over him.

He looked back and forth between Tianara and Katalina as they debated. He looked surprised as the girl turned to him. "You might be safer in the clan." He said slowly, raising his hands to forestall the protests he knew would come. "But here we can look after you. Keep you from doing something stupid." He gave her a small smile. Turning to Katalina, he continued. "Besides, she's more use to everyone here. What would she be doing back at the clan? Worrying? Here she can do something, with us to help her."

Otherwise, they just might push Tianara to do something - Without them. At least by keeping her here, they could direct her and help her. "Like she says - She's got me and you guys."

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 pm

Tianara had barely restrained herself from snapping at him when he'd suggested she'd be safer at home. But a small return smile had surfaced when he'd switched tacks.

Katalina shook her head. "I still don't like it," she said resignedly. "Your mother will kill me if anything happens to you, Tia, and with good reason. You know she's going to ask you the exact same question when you get there - and she might not be as willing to listen to your reasoning." Sensing Tianara's distress, she waved a hand. "Go on. Get your brother. We'll finish talking about it when you three get back."

Tianara nodded and turned to look at Joshua. "Coming?" she asked him hopefully. She might be stubborn, but she wasn't crazy - she wouldn't be real comfortable going to the village alone.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:39 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua sighed and nodded at Katalina. He knew mother's didn't always want to listen to reasoning when it came to keeping their children safe. Glancing at Tianara, he smiled. "Of course I am. I was coming whether you asked or not." He laughed quietly. "After all, I do know the town the best."

With a small wave to Katalina and the others, he turned and started up the path towards town. Katalina did have a valid point about the girl not knowing much about human threats but Joshua figured that's what he was there for. He was the one of the group who knew the land and it's people the best.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:10 pm

Katalina watched them go - and she did not miss the look of surprise and happiness that came into Tianara's eyes when Joshua said he would have gone with her either way, only for it to vanish when he continued his sentence.

Tianara fled from the debate (and Katalina's knowing eyes), following Joshua up the path. She was keeping her attention out for threats - she had not forgotten Kiro's earlier words. "Thanks," she said after a few minutes of walking, not looking at Joshua. "For what you said back there. It was true."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:28 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua had entirely missed the look in Tianara's eyes. He walked along, comfortable in the silence. He glanced over at her as she spoke then shrugged. "It was true. That's why I said it. You're more use here than anywhere else." He paused for a second, then looked away and added, "Besides, I like having someone to talk to, without having to trudge back into town. It'd be odd, to have it go back to quiet all of a sudden." He'd become accustomed to having people around and was enjoying it. Especially since no one was making fun of his love for the ocean. That was why he had pulled himself away from most other people, despite being a sociable person.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:54 pm

Tianara smiled to herself rather secretly. "I guess," she said. "They don't need me at the clan." But then she grew a little more solemn. "But I don't know how much use I am here, either. I mean, Sorry and the others can handle the merfolk while you deal with the humans. I don't really have a place. My only idea so far has been worse than a failure - now the ocean children are being targeted." She sighed. "Maybe Sorry was right after all."

She smiled up at him a bit, sadly, when he went on. "Well, if I went home, there'd still be Mac. And I know Sorry and probably Narcis and Nezik would stick around - they like it here. Jinx would be here as long as Narcis and Nezik were. You wouldn't be alone." She felt like an idiot for not thinking of this before.

But there were the Dark Ones. And her ability to sense the other ocean children. Those things she could do were useful, right? Right? She wasn't entirely useless to them. Just because she didn't know enough about the human world and was too young to always be taken seriously among the merfolk didn't mean she couldn't help.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:40 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

"Mac is very well and all but he isn't you." Sometimes Joshua just didn't get the other boy. He was a little bit strange. "And Katalina and the others are trapped by the ocean. They can't really come onto land just for a chat." He sighed and looked at Tianara seriously. "Look. You know the merfolk. You grew up with them. And you can come onto land indefinitely. Do you realize how useful it is, to have that in town, without having to try and reach Katalina?" Tianara's knowledge had saved him many trips. "If you think I don't need you here, then look at it this way - How would I have found the ocean children? Could I have fought off the Dark One myself, without even knowing what it was or how to fight it?" His amber eyes darkened and he shuddered at the memory.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:23 pm

Tianara gave him a strange look for a second, dismissing the first part of his sentence, then smiled a little. "I suppose you can read minds, now, too," she said gently. "I was just thinking about that. To be honest, if it hadn't been for me, I don't think you would even have needed to find the ocean children. And then..." She looked down. "They probably wouldn't be in danger now." It was something she was still blaming herself for.

Shaking that off, she looked at him sympathetically when he shuddered, putting her hand lightly on his shoulder for a brief second before taking it away again. She remembered that deep-seated horror. It went away after a while; one could get used to anything in time, after all. "However, I can and will give myself props for the Dark One, even though I have to say you also did a remarkable job of taking it on the second time around. You might have reached Sorry, and she would have told you what to do, but I don't know if it would have helped."

She sighed. "But I guess it doesn't really matter. I was there. And now that I'm part of this, I want to stay part of it - I don't know if I even could go back to the clan, knowing they aren't safe yet. So." She smiled at him again, and there was a lighter note to it as they entered the town. "Let's go get Kiro."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:14 am

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Joshua glanced up at Tianara, startled. She'd been thinking about the ocean children and the Dark One? How odd. 'Well not really I suppose. That's where she's been most useful.' He thought to himself. Joshua was grateful for the brief touch, drawing him back to the present. He nodded and smiled. Why worry about what difference it would have made if she hadn't been here? One couldn't change the past, so they might as well focus on the present.

"Right." Joshua led the way to the center of the town. The hospital was clearly visible above the surrounding buildings. As he walked, he tried to decide the best way to get Kiro out. Finally, he decided to go see Kiro first, then decide. His condition was a vital point in whatever they planned.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:48 am

Tianara bounded ahead of him, looking eager - either to see her brother or to get the hell out of town again. Possibly both. She looked back at Joshua, and was unsurprised to see him looking pensive. He was probably worrying about how to take Kiro out of there. Tianara wasn't worried - they'd figure out something.

She calmed as they walked into the hospital, and looked around. "Where do we go?" she asked Joshua in a soft whisper, looking confused. She didn't remember how they'd gotten in to see Kiro last time. Hopefully Joshua would know.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:25 pm

User Image
None disturb your hunt

Glancing at Tianara, Joshua smiled reassuringly. "Watch." He whispered, walking calmly to the registration desk. The nurse glanced up and smiled as they approached. "And what can I do for you today?" She asked sweetly. "We came to visit our friend. His name's Kiro." The nurse glanced down, typing something into the computer at the desk. She chuckled as she spoke. "Normally we'd need a last name too but Kiro is so unusual. He's in room 204. Up one floor, down the hall to the right. Third door on your left." She pointed towards the elevator. Thanking her, Joshua led Tianara over the the elevator and pushed the call button.

"Getting in is the easy part." He told her quietly. "It's still early, but visiting hours have already started." A small bit of worry flashed through his eyes. "It's getting out that's the hard part, and it all depends on Kiro." The elevator dinged and opened the doors. Pulling Tianara inside, he hit the number two button.

User Image
Beneath the Blood moon
The forest you watch
Beneath the Blood sky
The forest you hunt

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games