Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:30 am
I will drop some more off for you.
And thank you for the advice.
If you think of anything else just let me know.
Well it's a bit late for me now.
I need to head back.
Have a good day ladies.

*waves sweetly then heads out*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:05 pm
Daniel came in the rear entrance to Aqua Springs, checking locks and the few other meager security measures that were in place. Giving everything a quick once over as he made the trek to his office, Daniel was glad to note everything seemed to be picking up nicely after the lull from the weather. Getting to his office, he opened the door and started to walk in when he heard something crumple under foot. Flicking the lights on, Daniel lifted a foot and noticed a now creased piece of folded paper on the floor with his name on it. Picking it up and closing the door, Daniel dropped it on his desk as he got himself settled. Once his bag and jacket were taken care of he sat down and opened the note.

After finishing Jessi’s note Daniel folded it back up and leaned over to place it in his bag. Sitting back up in his chair he rubbed his eyes with two fingers and then scrubbed at his face with both hands. For some reason, Daniel was getting the feeling that things were beginning to spin up, but to what end was a still a mystery. Figuring that he should get more details out of Jessi before saying yes or no to her request, Daniel picked up the phone and dialed the extension for the front desk.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:24 pm
Jessi got an idea from what Ayami said. She smiled and waved goodbye to her. "Bye, Lady Ayami. See you soon! And if you want more advice, just leave your cell number with me the next time you stop by and I'll be glad to let you know of new things our pet area implements or any advice they might have in the future."

She looked back at Haley. "You know, that gave me an idea. Maybe we should have a newsletter that goes out to the people that bring their pets in here regularly. You know, if there are any new features to the place or if the caregivers just have some suggestions on how to care for pets, we could put it in a newsletter and send it out. I'll bring it up with Kits sometime."

"And how cool is this that we get to decorate two days in a row?! I'll take the lounge and this area and you work on some of the other areas."

She and Haley grinned, and then Haley left to go start hanging up flyers and work on posters.

Moments later, the phone on the front desk rang. She quickly picked it up.

"Good afternoon and thank you for calling Aqua Springs! How may I help you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:02 pm
Once Jessi answered Daniel leaned back, relaxing in his chair.

"Hey Jess, it's Daniel. I got your note under the door. Got a minute to talk about it?"  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:07 pm
((she has no cell - just that odd way of knowing User Image))  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:09 pm
As soon as she heard Daniel's voice on the other end of the line, she smiled brightly and her voice became much less formal.

"Daniel! You're here. How are you doing? I never saw you come in. You must have come through the back. Sure, I got a minute to talk if you can come out here. I can't leave the desk for too long."  

Jessi_Deramis

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:21 pm
lady ayami chan
((she has no cell - just that odd way of knowing User Image))

{{Really? That's awesome! XD}}  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:35 pm
{{ So, Haley left? }}  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:37 pm
{{Yes. lol. In my 2nd-to-last post, I think, I had Haley say she went off to go do some decorations. biggrin }}  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:55 pm
{{ Der. Now I remember reading it. Okay. }}

Daniel considered things for a moment before answering. He wasn’t entirely sure of the situation, though he was confident that the matter was one that should be kept under wraps as best possible.

“Well, I’m not certain that the front desk would necessarily be the best place to be discussing the matters at hand. Perhaps later then?”  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:04 pm
{{Oh my gosh!! You say der like I do!!!! biggrin }}

Jessi responded after a few moments, a little reluctantly. "Well, I don't think the front desk is a good place, either, but I also don't want to wait a long time to talk about this... Haley just left, but let me call her back so she can cover the desk while I take a break. I'll come and see you in your office. Be there soon."

She pushed the receiver button thing on the base of the phone and then pressed a couple of buttons that would let her talk over the speaker system throughout the resort.

"Haley ((last name here)), please come to the information desk. Haley ((last name)). Thank you."

A few minutes later, Haley came back to the desk laughing. "You already miss me? I just left!"

She and Haley exchanged some quick words and then Jessi went over to the door that she was pretty sure led to Daniel's office. She raised her hand and knocked on the door.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:30 pm
Daniel stood up and leaned forward over his desk enough that he could just stretch and reach the door handle. Flicking it down, the door popped open just slightly.

"C'mon in Jess."

He straightened up and wave towards the two empty chairs in the room.

"Feel free to rest your feet."

{{ Headed home. ETA = 30 minutes }}  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:33 pm
{{I'll be gone a little longer. Taxes and eat out.}}

Jessi's eyes were slightly wide when the door opened and she saw Daniel stretched across his desk. He could reach the door from over there? Long arms... Impressive.

She smiled at Daniel and plopped down on one of the chairs. "Hey Daniel. Thank you for wanting to meet with me about this. I'm worried about Amy."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:05 pm
Daniel sat back down once Jessi had taken her own.

"So I gathered from your note. I saw something was bothering her last night, and though I technically work for her, I felt like offering my services of...understanding. But the problem with that is the same that would be present with letting her know more about me. I don't really know her that well. I've seen her around, spoken once or twice, but last night was the first time I've said more than a few words to her."

Daniel leaned back in his chair, sinking back into about as far as it would let him. He looked contemplative, though about what he kept to himself. Finally, he leaned forward, folding his hands on the desk.

"Look. I'm more than willing to help out however I can. But I've just got this weird feeling about letting more people know what I can do. Not that I wouldn't want to, just that, maybe I should hold back. For now. But maybe if you could elaborate..."

Daniel spread his hands a little, leaving the statement open to see if Jessi would pick it up.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Jessi_Deramis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:50 pm
{{Gaia is quite slow for me tonight. sad }}

Jessi nodded to the first part of what Daniel said. "It's usually hard for a person to really get to know Amy because she's so guarded. You know how when we first started getting to know each other and you said I was really intuitive? Well, I started guessing some things about Amy before I even really knew her. I think that's what helped her to open up to me more, because I seemed to understand her or at least tried to. I think maybe that's why out of everyone, you picked me to start to get close to. I mean, that's just speculation on my part, but I feel like it's right."

She shrugged and sighed softly, her brow creasing with worry. "Amy's not a very trusting person. Her mom walked out on her and her dad when she was quite young, and that nearly destroyed her father. So, both of her parental units weren't really there for her when she's was growing up. Then, when she was around 12 or 14, she just left home and started traveling around the country on her own. I think she used a little bit of the money her mom had left her, and her mom sends her monthly checks. But mostly, she'd just work at a job here and there, wherever she was, and then would move onto the next place when she had enough money to leave. This is the longest she's stayed in one place since she left home years ago."

"Amy also struggled with her magic until a few months ago, when Thistle came along and she worked with this vampire named Black for awhile. He was kind of like her magical mentor. So, with all of this together, it's just really hard for Amy to trust someone. She can come off as a harsh person if you start to get to know her, but I know that's her defense mechanism. She's so sweet and nice once you really get to know her."

She sighed again and rubbed her hand over her face. Her sigh turned into a soft groan. "But when you break Amy's trust, look out. She almost expects people to ruin her trust, so when someone actually does disappoint her, she takes it really hard, harder than most other people would. The weird thing is, though, is that half of the time, she's more angry and upset with herself than she is the other person. It's like she blames herself for ever trusting someone in the first place, for not going with her gut and just not trusting anyone."

"And last night started an avalanche. Kits... look, I love Kits, but I sometimes thinks she..." She sighed and stopped herself.

"I'm trying not to play the blame game. "Basically, she forgot the party last night. I have no idea how she could have forgotten about her own business's party, but she did. She told Dame that she'd go to her play instead, and so she was late coming to the party. She was supposed to help us all set up. Amy gets so excited about AS and she doesn't understand sometimes why Kits doesn't always get as excited as she does. So her showing up late, and late because she was spending time with Dame instead, just really made Amy close herself off. I could tell she was already berating herself early in the night, just by the look in her eyes. She's felt for awhile that Kits likes to hang out with Dame more than her. I have no idea if that's true and I don't really think it matters except for the fact that sometimes, Kits cancels her stuff with Amy just to work around Dame. I think she knows Amy would be more likely to bend a little bit on that than Dame might be. She doesn't want to hurt Dame at all, but by doing that, she's hurt Amy. It's like she just can't say no to Dame. She can say it to Amy just fine, but not Dame. You'd think you'd be closer to the person you felt comfortable enough saying 'no' to, right? But I've come to find out with many people that that's not the case."

She shrugged and shook her head slightly. "Sorry. Off track there a little bit. So, Kits just forgetting about the party like that at first when she told Dame she'd go to the play and then coming in late was just the last straw for Amy. Then, if that wasn't enough, Karrie seemed to go to comforting Kits more than his own girlfriend. Kits and Karrie have been friends for so many years, and they even dated for quite awhile. I don't think that really bothered Amy since she was good friends with Kits. I was always afraid, though, that something like this might come up eventually. I mean, Karrie did check on Amy, but when Kits came, he stayed next to her for the majority of the time. Then, when she came out here to the information desk, Karrie stayed with Kits instead of coming out to check on her. Someone else did, though."

She smiled softly as she looked at Daniel. "Thank you so much for checking on her, Daniel. Even though she might not have shown it, I'm sure she really appreciated that, or will when she calms down and realizes what you did."

She sighed softly again and looked up at the ceiling. "You think the crap would have ended there, but no. Kits left when we were all putting stuff away. You could tell she was bone tired. So Karrie came over and asked Amy if she was ready to go. I don't know what just made her start to break down, but she got tears in her eyes and started getting close to crying. She raced off to the girl's restroom. Karrie started to follow after her and then just stopped and went home."

Jessi frowned at this, obviously quite a bit upset at this part herself. "He left, went home, so Tommy and I stayed and comforted Amy. She wouldn't tell us exactly why she was crying. I think it was just a combination of everything. Tommy and I tried to convince her to stay the night with us over at Tommy's, but she wanted to go home. I think it's good she went home, but... I just don't know why Karrie would leave her here when she was obviously so upset. He stayed next to Kits most of the night, but Amy... I think she was feeling like she really was alone again, like Karrie was automatically taking Kits' side even though Karrie is her boyfriend. I honestly don't think Karrie was taking sides at all, but I can see it from Amy's perspective, too. In that kind of situation, I think you'd want your boyfriend to be by you and support you, no matter what. Amy didn't have that. She read Karrie's initial actions incorrectly. The last part of the night... that I can't explain."

She took a deep breath and then let it out. She raised her feet up onto the chair beside her and leaned back.

{{Daaaaaang that was long. lol. Still don't know if it will match your length at times, though, Daniel. lol.... That sounded wrong. Post length! XD}}  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 470 471 472 473 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games