Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Hogsmeade Station Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:17 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

User Image

Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 13
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Third Year
Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

Hmm... in three years? A bit more of an age difference than I always pictured between her and Grace.
David smiled as Leonette described her sister, impressed that someone three years from attending Hogwarts was already so knowledgeable, even he couldn't have claimed that. Then again he was busy in Muggle schooling and his father had a strict 'no magic' rule in the house and they were hiding the magical world from Catie at the time. "At least your sister isn't showing you up with a cat," He joked as he followed Leonette to the crowded platform of Hogsmeade Station. "She apparently decided that her cat's 'second language' besides 'cat language' or whatever she called it, should be Chinese. Hell, that cat of hers is going to end up knowing more languages than I do. Oh, and Catie already asked Dad to start looking for a new language instructor for the summer next year." He shook his head and noticed on the platform that this year most of the first years had already gathered together and his sister was with another blonde in the middle of it. It looked like Cathy was doing well for herself-at least she was making friends, but that tended to be her nature.

He turned his attention back to Leonette who was surprisingly agreeable about wherever they went and promised she make the time. Raising his brow and said, "It isn't like I thought you were allergic to bookstores, it is just I can get wrapped up in that sort of thing. Just don't take me to the dueling range and I promise if I get too distracted with a book or something you can drag me off from the store by my ear or something. Anyways, the cafe there does actually interest me. I hear it has one of my favorites and no offense to the house elves, but hot chocolate from a proper cafe actually is more my style."

He said, noting the 7th year Slytherin, who announced where they would be going but not looking particularly happy about the prospect and seemed more like the type to just want to disperse everyone then actually caring whether everyone made it safely to the castle, "Yeah, we should hurry up before we are left behind or end up with a bad crowd... or any crowd, for that matter."

Smiling as he took the lead towards the carriages he said, "I figure if you can make enough time to fit in Hogsmeade visits too, I suppose I can at least make the time to visit your music club. I mean, I can sit in the corner and watch, right? And it'll probably get me access to a piano to play on in my free time when the club is not meeting. Also, it may serve as another place to camp out and study instead of the library... I've been getting bored of studying in the library and it is sometimes noisier than I want. I have no interest in being in my common room... so half way through last year I started finding random corners of the castle and grounds to study at." He shrugged, not wanting to admit that part of the reason he abandoned the library was whenever he occasionally caught the rumor about him and Leonette at the dance last year and leaving it distracted him far more than he'd want to admit. The last thing he wanted while going over his textbooks was to be having to think about the fact he was attracted to probably the only person he consistently talked to.

murruelecreuset

User Image
Pet: Annabella

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:35 pm
It's been a long time since I came around
Been a long time but I'm back in town
This time I'm not leaving without you

XXXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXXXXXX
Somethin', somethin' about this place
Somethin', 'bout lonely nights and my lipstick on your face
Somethin', somethin' about my cool Nebraska guy
Yeah something about, baby, you and I

Ⓜⓤⓖⓖⓛⓔ-ⓑ ⓞⓡⓝxxxⓈⓘⓝⓖⓛⓔ

╔══════════════╗
Alex noticed the small blonde girl looking at them from the distance. "why don't you join us?" ."im Alex nice to meet all of you" Alex couldn't believe so many people were talking to him, no one ever talked to him at the orphanage. "so does anyone know when we get to go to the actual school?" Alex was getting very anxious and wanted to start learning some actual magic.
╚══════════════╝

✰Wearing [whatever I'm wearing] ✰With [whoever i'm with] ✰Why [why am i here/doing what] ✰Thoughts [my happy place]

[quote="Yukina101]
[quote="Shabatha]
[quote="Arkendrai]
[quote="Saint BonBon]

sand123e

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:35 pm
Valentina La Russa
second year gryffindor

Valentina took off her hood to show her black hair. "My summer was okay. Two weeks in rehab. Went to India for the first time to see their magical culture. Manage to catch up on my work. Now have to wear glasses because of my horrible eye sight. I had an acceptance letter to Beauxbaton's I think my parents had something to do with it." Valentina said. "How was your Summer?" She asked David. "I tried several colours before I ended up with the black." she said. "Oh well I forgot my violin. I've been playing since I was 5."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:43 pm
User Image

My wand is springy and spiraled made of acacia wood with a fairy hair core and is 8.5 inches long. I am 11 years old. I am enrolled as a first year at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry! And, I don't know what house I am to be sorted into... my big brother told me there are four and something called the sorting hat makes the final decision. [Wearing: Plain Uniform]

Cathy listened with a small frown taking notes in her head as Celeena had explained the whole blood status thing and threw out a lot of words defining blood status. It made her wonder all the more why David hadn't mentioned it at all, though, she did remember her brother had said off hand that Dad was what was called a "squib" or was that one of her parents? Apparently that was one of the reasons her Dad wanted nothing to do with magic or something... "Yeah, it is squib," Cathy said offhanded to Ceelena. "That's what my Dad or someone in the family said Dad was. Does it really matter though... who you are related to I mean?" She said perking up and ended with her innocent happy smile. "I mean we can all do magic at Hogwarts, right? Family is about the people you love and care about, not about what they can do, anyways."

Little did she know that the League family who could do magic and her mother's family would have had at least a cow hearing someone sharing their blood not respecting the idea of blood purity. Actually, if Cathy understood that some people did believe one type of person (say muggleborns vs. purebloods) were superior to each other she would be horrified.

As Celeena noted the large group Cathy nodded happily, "But that's best, right? I mean we all should get to know each other. We are all classmates after all..." She laughed and when Ariana complemented the name Cathaline, she said to Ariana, "It still is a long name, but yes, Cathy is fine. It is what I usually go by."

She turned briefly and caught a glimpse of a brunette with a round face (Bianca Tristaine) who was standing a few feet away from the rest of them watching unsure but lingering slowly closer to the group. Ariana was talking to the boys, so Cathy took the opportunity to pounce, well figuratively, on the other girl, not yet joining them. Cathy stepped away from the large group just enough to approach Bianca a bit closer and said with a large smile, "Why don't you join us, like Alex said? We're trying to hunt down all our fellow classmates and introduce ourselves to each other now!" The truth was that was more of her idea and Celeena's agreement, but it was working in the end. Cathy nodded her head in a slight bow and said, "I'm Cathaline but feel free to shorten it any way you want. We are classmates at the very least. No reason to be overly formal, right? What's your name? Why don't you join the rest of us? We don't bite, I promise. Non... you have to join us!" Cathy ended with a laugh. "It is only right to know everyone in your class and be friendly with them, right?"

I just can't wait to make new friends and meet new people! And I finally get to be at the same school as my brother! And to think we can all do magic, too?!

shabatha
sand123e
Yukina101
Saint BonBon
Arkendrai
{OOC: Whew, I think I got everyone in that, even the lingering Bianca.}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

kasjafod98834sd

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:32 pm
Bianca Tristaine
Unsorted
User Image

Bianca wasn't ready for the blond girl to pounce, but she couldn't help a smile from coming to her face as she did. Bianca had never had sisters, and didn't have any close cousins. She wasn't used to girls, but this girl... she seemed like she would be fun. She introduced herself as Cathaline. "Cathaline, that's a pretty name." Bianca said. "I'm Bianca Tristaine." She said smiling. She had been a little nervous on the train; but now that she saw she wasn't the only first year, she felt more like opening up. "Cathy is nice, but has anyone ever called you 'Line?" She asked curious coming closer into the group. There were a couple boys and a few girls as well. These were going to be her new family. "Do you have any family in the school?" She asked. Bianca didn't want to interrupt any conversations to ask any of the other students' names. She could wait and match face to name during the sorting.

✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗-✗

Where:
With: -
OOC:

User Image

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:51 pm
User Image

My wand is springy and spiraled made of acacia wood with a fairy hair core and is 8.5 inches long. I am 11 years old. I am enrolled as a first year at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry! And, I don't know what house I am to be sorted into... my big brother told me there are four and something called the sorting hat makes the final decision. [Wearing: Plain Uniform]

Cathy cocked her head to the side when Bianca Tristaine introduced herself and then asked if anyone had every Line. She smiled and shook her head, "Actually no, I don't think anyone every thought about it." She let out a laugh and said, "I always figured a name is a name, right? Besides, I did say you can shorten my name any way you felt. You can be the first one to shorten it to Line if you want."

When they joined with the rest of the group, so many chatting at once, which was exactly the type of environment Cathy thrived in. And everyone seemed to be getting along, too. She knew it was going to be fun time at her new school-it had to with such friendly people and then the fact they could all do magic and learn magic classes. And, her brother said there was a class called Ancient Runes she could sign up for in her third year, which was exactly up her alley. She turned when Bianca asked if she had any family in the school and smiled brightly, "I do. My big brother is a third year in Ravenclaw, though I'm pretty sure he knows more about what books are in the library than who is in his own class or even his own house." She smiled and said, "He said something about wanting perfect scores in everything and complains that 'people are distractions'. I keep telling him that the thinking is not healthy... but he went shopping with me for my school stuff because Dad and Mum are generally busy with work and stuff," She added brightly.

"Oh," Cathy said brightly, "And Celeena, or Leena-" She nodded to the girl with long wavy blonde hair, "Has a sister in Slytherin who is also a third year, I know. Leena and I ran into each other at Platform 9 3/4 and end up riding the train together. I hope you didn't get stuck on the train all alone. What about you, do you have any family here?"

I just can't wait to make new friends and meet new people! And I finally get to be at the same school as my brother! And to think we can all do magic, too?!

shabatha
sand123e
Yukina101
Saint BonBon
Arkendrai

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:57 pm
User Image
                                                    I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
                                                    I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands
                                                    I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
                                                    I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-Bᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Eli listened to Gypsy describe the school, his eyes widening a bit as he heard about the sorting. A sorting? They were being sorted? Maybe that was how they knew which classes to take or something. He privately hoped that he did well in it, and decided to start reviewing in his head everything he might need to do. Maybe he needed to float a piece of paper. Or maybe he needed to turn someone into a toad. Or, oh! Maybe he needed to float someone after they were turned into a toad! He grinned, his imagination already going on overdrive and coming up with even more bizarre ideas for how they sorted people. It could be worse, right?

Gypsy was approached by an older student by this point, and they started discussing something about bid itches. He had no idea what she meant, but it sounded interesting. He waved at the older girl, giving her a bit of a smile before letting his gaze travel around. There seemed to be a group of kids around his age, but they seemed to be talking to each other and not even noticing him, so he just shrugged and let it slide. Eh, not like this was the first time he was alienated, to be honest. Though, the fact that he was strange even in a magical setting was a bit of a letdown. Repressing the sigh he knew would otherwise escape his lips, he blinked as he saw some other people decide to approach, one talking rapidly at him which made the younger boy blink. Okay, so he was used to questions, but all of them at once? Wow.

He did his best to answer her though, thinking that he had better try and think of any questions she could ask that he could answer right away. Hrm, this was going to be tricky.
                                                    "Hi, I'm Elijah, or Eli, whatever. Yes, I'm a first year. Yes, I'm an albino. No, I do not summon demons in my spare time. I don't think I'm evil, anyway. Umm, yes, I think my eyes are cool, no you can't have them. And umm, no, I don't catch fire when I enter a church." Eli grinned, thinking he had gotten them all. Maybe. Huh, this might be harder than he thought, trying to answer questions he wasn't asked yet. Oh well.

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Wow, that girl talks a lot!
                                                    OOC: ...

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality
                                                    I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
                                                    I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul
                                                    I believe that family is worth more than money or gold

Cara MiaKitty

shabatha

The Forgotten Weasley

500 Days of Summer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:28 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable at Hogsmeade Stationspace
CURRENTLY // fancying Daniel Kiremonospaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Elispacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Amusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, my gosh, he's adorable.' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ The phone rings in the middle of the night;
My father yells, 'what you gonna do with your life?'
ஒ ஒ ஒ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceGypsy bit back a frown; the fourth year did somewhat dislike that Shayna was offering to help Eli out, since clearly she was helping him, but Shayna was a prefect, it was sort of her job, so she let it slide. But, when the older girl told her she had nothing to worry about, she blinked. She'd looked worried? She hadn't thought she did... of course, usually it was pretty easy to tell if she was, because her hair tended to turn bright orange, so maybe she just assumed that if she didn't look like a carrot, people couldn't tell. Of course, not many people had figured her mood-ring out just yet. She was pretty sure that, as well as she understood Jer's accent, he understood her color changes, which was to say that they both were on the same page roughly eighty percent of the time. But, most people didn't have such an obvious tell when their mood shifted (and she was working on it so that she didn't, either), so she supposed it was normal for someone to actually watch her facial expressions or whatever.

spaceWhen the brunette asked her if she'd like to be VC, though, her eyes went wide, a teal streak appearing in her hair. Wait, seriously? "Why me? Not that I don't want to, but seriously..." Even as she spoke, though, she realized that Shayna didn't really have a lot of options; most of the team had been new last year. The only other player on the team with more than one year of experience was Verily... and she was a seventh year, meaning she'd graduate before Shayna. Sort of made choosing a VC a moot point if you picked one older than you, she guessed. And, she and Xavier were the only fourth years, everyone else was younger. Although, she did wonder why Shayna had chosen her instead of Xavier... unless she'd asked him first and he'd said no. Gypsy didn't really like being second pick, but then, Xavier did seem like the obvious choice, aside from the fact that he apparently hated Quidditch. She shook off the question and smiled. "But, yeah, I'll totally be vice captain!" She gave the older girl an odd sort of salute, eyes sparkling ever so slightly. Vice Captain... that meant that when Shayna graduated, she'd be Captain! That was so. Cool! Suddenly, she was really glad she'd gathered up enough house pride to tryout last year. It'd been a total fluke, but whatever; this was gonna be awesome.

spaceThe fourth year smiled widely as they were joined by Asterisk, offering a small wave. The twins arrived just behind her, and of course Jess was immediately all over Eli asking questions. Gypsy bit back the urge to snort in amusement, her nose crinkling as she listened to the Hufflepuff rapid fire on the kid, not sure whether to laugh or try to save him from her hyperactive personality. But, before she could say anything, Eli was on it, and this time, she couldn't fight the urge to burst out laughing. Oooh, the kid was snarky! She liked that; it showed promise. She did wonder, though, who on Earth had ever asked him if he was somehow demonic or something. She'd have to beat them up... or have Toby do it, she thought. The Gryffindor did look a bit like he'd been working out. Probably Quidditch muscles, she thought. Hard to tell under the clothes, but it was there. Of course, she'd probably noticed because she couldn't help but notice... he was a boy, after all. Just because she had her eyes on Daniel didn't mean that she didn't glance away from time to time. When she stopped laughing, she tossed an arm around Eli's shoulders. "Pretty sure that if it were possible to burst into flames upon entering a church, I'd be the first one to go; my grandparents make me go at least once a month when I'm home... we have a contract," she said, rolling her eyes in annoyance. Then, after a beat, her expression grew thoughtful. "Actually," she said, a finger tapping her chin, "I'm pretty sure they would be. Since they're the devil and all." Boy, wasn't that the truth. She hated them. Really, really hated them. She couldn't decide which action would please her more, to bring home a guy like Daniel and shove it in their faces that he'd liked her as she was, or bring home a guy more like... well, Jer, really, and watch them faint. Or die. They'd probably die. Actually, maybe that wasn't such a bad idea... she wondered if the Slytherin would mind pretending they were dating. Not now, obviously. But, she didn't honestly think she'd be with Daniel forever... she was only fourteen, after all.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one
                                                          But girls, they want to have fun. Oh, girls just want to have fun!
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

The Forgotten Weasley

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

shabatha

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:41 pm
User Image
User Image

When Rome's in ruins, we are the lions.
Free of the coliseums.
In poison places, we are anti-venom.
We're the beginning of the end.

ℭompany: Gyp, Jess, Toby, a firstie.
ℑhoughts: Welp.
ℱeeling: Bad at making jokes.
ℒocation: Hogsmeade Station.

Darren stepped off the train, running fingers through his hair. It was good to be back, although it was a little weird without Cait. He stood on his toes, looking for something that would stand out to him, particularly, the vibrant colors his friend's hair normally was. Or maybe a girl in Hufflepuff basically bouncing up and down with her brother standing next to her. He did eventually spot them, but they were accompanied by an older girl and a younger boy with snow white hair. Darren walked toward his friends, listening to their conversation. He smirked as the boy -- Elijah or Eli -- answered Jess' questions. "I feel like going to church with you guys could possibly end up like the Salem Witch Trials."

Tonight the foxes hunt the hounds.
It's all over now. Before it has begun.
We've already won.

Quote:
[quote="Cara MiaKitty"][/quote="The Forgotten Weasley"]
Diamond Wales
Quote:
[quote="Cara MiaKitty"][/quote="The Forgotten Weasley"][quote="Diamond Wales"][/quote][quote][/quote]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:59 pm
It's been a long time since I came around
Been a long time but I'm back in town
This time I'm not leaving without you

XXXXXXXXXXUser ImageXXXXXXXXXX
Somethin', somethin' about this place
Somethin', 'bout lonely nights and my lipstick on your face
Somethin', somethin' about my cool Nebraska guy
Yeah something about, baby, you and I

Ⓜⓤⓖⓖⓛⓔ-ⓑ ⓞⓡⓝxxxⓈⓘⓝⓖⓛⓔ

╔══════════════╗
Alex was a little embarrassed, he had never heard of magic before a few weeks ago, slytherin? he had no idea what anyone was talking about. the simple thought of waving a piece of wood around still made him giggle a little bit, but he also saw the wonders that magic could bring, which made him that much more determined to learn all he could. "No i mean, before a few weeks ago, magic was just a fairy tail to me, my parents were muggles. at least as far as i know, i don't really remember them that well, i lived in the orphanage for most of my life.....that i can remember anyhow, so all of this is new to me." he responded.
╚══════════════╝

✰Wearing [whatever I'm wearing] ✰With [whoever i'm with] ✰Why [why am i here/doing what] ✰Thoughts [my happy place]

[quote="Yukina101]
[quote="Shabatha]
[quote="Arkendrai]
[quote="Saint BonBon]
[quote="mc2]

sand123e

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:51 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image
                                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                                    Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ |❶| Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ |❶| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ
                                                                    ════════════════════════

A wet scratchy tongue was the first thing Dani became aware of as she woke up. She was stretched out on one of the bench seats in a compartment of the antique steam train, ear buds still in place, while the I-Pod in her pocket was playing an old classic by Lifehouse. Listening to her music, along with the gentle rocking motion of the train and the rhythmic clackety-clack of the iron wheels rolling along the track lulled her to sleep. Now she was greeted with a close-up view of Sassafras, her newly acquired friend.

The orange-haired Persian had a squashed-looking nose and face, giving her the appearance of the feline version of a pug. It was her odd appearance which drew Dani’s attention to her in the shop in Diagon Alley; she wasn’t as sleek or elegant-seeming as the other cats whom stretched and preened in front of her, but when she came over, rubbed her hand and offered a loud throaty purr she knew she’d found her match.

The shopkeeper promised her all the cats in her shop were certified as being Half-Neasle, while her aunt made positive comments on the subject, Dani found she hadn’t a clue as to what they were referring to. ‘Neasle’ wasn’t a breed with which she was familiar with. What she knew was the little creature in her arms was the friendliest cat she’d ever met.

It was her Aunt Bella she owed for even being in this place. Getting her letter from Hogwarts confirmed a great many things in the minds of her parents; not the least being she didn’t belong in their house any more. Dani tried very hard not to think about what happened that night, when her magic unleashed itself on her younger brother, but the image of him being tossed into a wall would come unbidden to her in her dreams.

Had her parents not made reference to her aunt and her odd nature, Dani would never have had the reason to seek her out after being disowned and evicted from her home. Despite the hazard she posed, Aunt Bella took her into her home, and showed her she wasn’t the only one whom was … different from the majority of people.

As summer wound down, and the day of her departure for school grew close, she and Aunt Bella took the long drive down from her little town near the Cambrian Mountains to London. In all her life, she’d never been to London, and so it was something of a shock to see how immense the city was, and how Wizarding folk had a city of their own within the city.

Highlight of the trip had to be the shopping expedition in Diagon Alley, a place which looked like a set from ‘Oliver Twist’, where she saw other people like her aunt and she. It was here she got fitted for her school uniform, which looked nothing like the ones she was accustomed to, and got her textbooks for class. She also got her wand here.

Dani was certain the elderly wandmaker was taking his life into his hands when he offered for her to ‘give it a wave’. Her first attempt punched a hole in the wall, her second set the dust in the air on fire, and several wands disintegrated in her grasp before she found one Mr. Ollivander seemed satisfied wouldn’t catch fire or be reduced to kindling in her care.

While Aunt Bella gifted her with Sassafras as a late birthday gift, what Dani had her eye on was the Nimbus 2010 in the window of the broom shop. Ringing endorsements by several professional Quidditch clubs ensured every kid wanted one of their own, and she wasn’t the only one gawking at the racing broom. After learning to fly on her aunt’s practically antique Cleansweep, Dani knew she had to have one of her own; especially when she found out the school had teams of its own whom competed.

Aunt Bella balked at the thought of purchasing an expensive racing broom for a very inexperienced pilot. While Dani wasn’t happy she wouldn’t leave London with a broom of her own, her aunt promised to see what could be done to get her something, but only if she made one of the teams, which she explained wasn’t likely as First Years never got picked, and they weren’t generally allowed to have one at school anyway.

Dani was nervous as she got ready for the train ride to school. Aunt Bella insisted she have a hearty breakfast as lunch wasn’t served on the train, and dinner would be quite late. When they set out to meet the train, she was surprised when their destination, instead of the great railway terminus of Victoria Station, was the smaller, though no less ancient, station at King’s Crossing.

One thing puzzled her though was the notation on her ticket, stating she meet the Hogwarts Express at Platform Nine & Three-Quarters. So far as she could tell there was no such place in the station, and she told her aunt as much. Aunt Bella merely smiled, and when they arrived at a point between Platforms Nine and Ten, she was unceremoniously shoved through the wall.

What greeted her on the other side was the antique red steam engine and cars of the Hogwarts Express. Aunt Bella gave her a big hug, extorted a promise from her to write back to her, and then promised to here to collect her when she returned for the Christmas holiday.

‘Write?’ thought a puzzled Dani. ‘Who the heck writes these days? I’ll e-mail her when I get there.’

Dani found there were a lot of kids on the train, the majority of whom were meeting up with friends, none of whom she’d ever seen before. She finally settled on an empty compartment near the back of the train, and figured she’d have time to polish off a few chapters of George RR Martin’s newest installment of ‘Song of Fire and Ice’ before arriving at the school. It was while the train worked its way through the countryside in the Midlands she dozed off.

As she looked around, she found it was completely dark outside now, and her reflection clearly visible in the window. She almost didn’t recognize herself, wearing the school’s gray pleated skirt and white dress shirt, and she added a plain black school tie to her ensemble. The Express was pulling into Hogsmeade Station as she finished with getting ready, and loading her novel into the shoulder bag she had.

Before long, she was disembarking from the train, with Sassafras in her arms, and looking around the station, along with the other students. As she stepped away from the train, Dani was thinking, ‘What have I gotten myself into?’

════════════════════════
                                                                    OOC:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:55 pm
User Image

████████████████ █████ I PIROUETTE in the DARK
                                          I S-E-E the ★stars★ T-H-R-O-U-G-H me
                                          Tired mechanical heartxxxxxxxxxxTired mechanical heart
                                          Tired mechanical heart
                                          xxxxxxxxxxTired mechanical heart
                                          Tired mechanical heart
                                          xxxxxxxxxxTired mechanical heart
                                          Beats til the ♫song♪ DISAPPEARS

xxxxxThere was a time that James thought this day would never come. Everyone who knew the girl's story would think that time would have been from the time that she and her sister had been kidnapped until they were rescued, but little did they know it lasted so much longer. Being held back a year wasn't an easy thing to handle, especially when the student in question was a Ravenclaw prefect. Grades were important, they mattered. During her second attempt at her fifth year, James felt miserable. She knew that her retention was through no fault of her own, well, perhaps besides being a bit curious, but it still felt like a failure. The girl felt alone. The Chimeras, the group of people that were always supposed to be there for her, failed. Honestly, she hadn't heard much from them at all lately.

xxxxxEventually, James did come to term with being held back. She thought of it as a blessing in disguise. She had another year to study for her O.W.L.s, she had more time to figure out what she wanted to do with her life, she also had more time to spend getting the Dragon on its feet. Last year had been a good year for the newspaper, but James wanted to make sure they would be well-staffed, even after she left. 'I'm gonna hafta find a new head editor,' the girl realized as she thought about it. Both she and Akira would be leaving Hogwarts this year. But who to pick? James knew that would be a hard choice.

xxxxxHowever, that choice would have to wait. James had more pressing matters to attend to, for example, getting to school. She was eighteen. If the events of her first attempt at her fifth year hadn't occurred, she'd be a graduate right now. She knew how to apparate, and she was allowed to use magic outside of school. Why leave Iverness early to take the train when she could just pop over to Hogsmeade when the train was due to arrive? She gathered her belongings and made sure Rose was secure in her cage. The squirrel hated being in the cage, but James didn't trust having her out as she was apparating. The last thing she needed was to be some kind of squirrel hybrid creature.

xxxxxOnce everything was set, the young woman closed her eyes. When she opened them again, she was standing on the train platform in Hogsmeade. The train had beaten her there, but James didn't mind. If the prefect had wanted to be there to welcome everyone, she would have left her home much earlier in the day and spent the afternoon relaxing in the village. She was just glad that when she appeared at the station that she didn't end up on top of someone. That could have definitely been interesting, especially seeing as there seemed to be quite a few new students on the platform. She was quite certain that there were at least a couple muggleborns among them who had never seen someone apparate. Seeing the first year muggleborns was something that James was going to miss. They were like children seeing the world for the first time. In a way, that's exactly what they were.

xxxxxJames looked around the station, trying to spot anyone that she knew. So far, nobody. That would be more than okay with James, except that her sister was nowhere to be found. She had taken the train from London to Hogsmeade. She debated going on the train to look for the girl. Akira was known to fall asleep in the weirdest places. It was a result of the nightmares that she had since being kidnapped. They weren't as often now, but the younger Machlachlan still found herself exhausted most of the time. James swore that someday, she would find a way to help her, but for now, they needed to finish school.

xxxxxGlancing at the train, the Ravenclaw decided to not board it in an attempt to find her sister. If she was sleeping on the train, someone would find her and wake her. Besides, going against the flow of students seemed like a terrible idea. And so, James just stood where she apparated, keeping an eye out for anything that might need her attention.

So C✁U✁T me from theL✁I✁N✁E
Dizzy, spinning endlesslyxxxxxDizzy, spinning endlessly
Dizzy, spinning endlessly
xxxxxDizzy, spinning endlessly
Dizzy, spinning endlessly
xxxxxDizzy, spinning endlessly

Somebody make me feel alive
& SHATTER ME!

Location: Iverness to Hogsmeade Status: Just apparated With: The Entire Student Body Thoughts: About time!
OOC: James doesn't bite, and I don't typically have anyone for her to roleplay with, so if you wanna freak over her apparation, go ahead.
QUOTES GO HERE

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:19 pm
User Image

ʻHer bone structure screamsʼ

ʻTouch her! Touch her!ʼ

ʻAnd she's got the curse of curvesʼ

She waited for the students to get off the train, once they started poring into the station she called out to the first years,"First years come with me! First years over here!" Kat check to make sure all the new students in plain black robes gathered about. She loved to see their faces when they arrived for the first time ever. Hogwarts is an amazing place and as she recalled you never forger your first train ride over, putting on your robes for the first time and meeting other young witches and wizards, some for the first time ever."Second years get a move on! First years follow me!" She yelled and turned and headed towards the lake. A short path took them to the lakeside.

ʻI want someone provocative and talkativeʼ

ʻBut it's so hard when you're shallow as a showerʼ

ʻAnd from what I've heard with skin you'll winʼ

User Image

((O.O.C.~ please post moving here)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:01 pm
User Image
                                                    I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
                                                    I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands
                                                    I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
                                                    I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-Bᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Eli grinned a bit, a bit glad that someone caught the line of thought he had. That didn't happen very often back at his old school. Then again, his old school wouldn't have had all of the different people doing magic, either. "Could be worse, right? I mean, no one's throwing anything at me yet." Just then, he heard a blonde woman start calling for first years to follow her, and his eyes lit up as he realized he was going to the boats now. "Oh, cool, they're calling first years. I guess that means I have to go now. Nice to meet all of you!" Giving a brief wave, he shot toward the direction the lady was directing people to. He wondered if this meant he would finally meet some of his fellow classmates. So far, everyone had avoided him, and he wasn't sure if he liked that feeling or not. Though, at least they weren't jeering at him or shoving him around. That was at least a bonus.

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Wow, that girl talks a lot!
                                                    OOC: Sorry, first years going to boats, so having Eli leave now!

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality
                                                    I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
                                                    I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul
                                                    I believe that family is worth more than money or gold

Cara MiaKitty

shabatha

The Forgotten Weasley

500 Days of Summer

Graydon Ironshield
                                                    Quoting you so that you know where to go :3

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:18 am
User Image
єugene єridanos ωindsor

House: ??? First Year Half-Blood Mood: Fascinated With: Attire: [x]

xxxxxxxx I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
------------------------------------------------- 'Cause I'm still trying to figure it out
xxxxxxxx Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking
------------------------------------------- Trying to see through the rain coming down

-------- ✎ Even though I'm not the only one who feels the way I do... ✦ --------

Jean stepped off the train and looked around. He may have no idea what this place is but it's warm and breezy, just like his home when playing around vacant yards with some of his neighboring pals. He can't help but look around the some buildings as he stood on a station. He wanted to talk to anyone, maybe someone his age, but he couldn't find one with this crowd. So he just walked slowly, eavesdropping at some groups and another without him noticing.

"First years come with me! First years over here!" He heard a woman calling out to follow her. 'She must be either a staff member or a teacher', he guessed. He watched as some students his age gathering around and began following her, he guessed he should do the same. Jean had a some hopes that he would at least have a good conversation with a freshman, at least not to screw up.

[Exit to : The Lake]

-------- I'll be strong, I'll be wrong but life goes on. --------

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 333 334 335 336 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games