Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
The Pokemon Center(OOC Chat Thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 270 271 272 273 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:15 pm
AND NOW

Another COMPLETE DISPLAY of my TOTAL NOOBISM!

...what the hell IS League of Legends anyway? I've seen a lot of it but never played it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:41 pm
hey... are there any Wild Pokemon Hunts that take place in Unova? (perhaps near the desert?) I can't find any that take place in unova... anyone wanna make one? :3  

DignityPower

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:55 pm
Or you could just throw Veronica into the desert with the express purpose of catching something, like some of us do.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:57 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
Or you could just throw Veronica into the desert with the express purpose of catching something, like some of us do.

hmm... Otay heart o:  

DignityPower

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:09 pm
DignityPower
hey... are there any Wild Pokemon Hunts that take place in Unova? (perhaps near the desert?) I can't find any that take place in unova... anyone wanna make one? :3

I'll make one.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:17 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
AND NOW

...what the hell IS League of Legends anyway? I've seen a lot of it but never played it.

Very popular MOBA game, inspired by the DotA mod from Warcraft.

It's pretty massive in the eSports scene right now as well.  

The Azure Maestro

Dapper Lunatic

DignityPower

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:05 pm
SubonicXP
DignityPower

I'll make one.

That's great to hear too x3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:09 pm
The Azure Maestro
TerashiLeonGoken
AND NOW

Implying I know what any of those even mean. xd

TOTAL NOOBISM! YOU WERE WARNED! biggrin  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:51 pm
Popping in from my phone to announce that it might be as late as -next - Monday before I get internet back. Idiot at DirecTV didn't place the order for our internet service when I ordered it so I spent 3 hours on the phone yesterday raising mortal hell at them to fix their ******** before they lost a customer two days after signing them on.

Anyhoo, the order was placed today with a "first availability" timestamp on the appointment but AT&T said that would be Monday when I talked to them directly.

Off topic here, but could I get someone to grade my Water MM while I'm internetless?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:41 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
The Azure Maestro
TerashiLeonGoken
AND NOW

Okay uh...

MOBA: Massively Online Battle Arena. It's a weird cross between Strategy and Action, mostly leaning towards the former. The basic premise of any MOBA game is: There are two teams pitted against each other, typically with 5 players each. Each player controls a "champion" or "hero" or whatever the specific MOBA decides to call them. This unit is essentially an MMO character: They level up and gain gold over the course of the game, and they gain stats as they do so. As they level they can unlock and improve their skills, usually most MOBAs use a pool of three skills, an "ultimate" skill, and a passive.

Gold is typically acquired from getting kills and assists on enemy players, or by "farming". Farming is handled somewhat differently depending on the game, but it usually involves fighting and killing enemy minions.

But wait, what're minions?
Minions are computer-controlled...well, minions. They spawn in waves and march mindlessly to their dooms. If a player is around when they die, he/she gets exp, and if he/she killed the minion, he/she gets gold as well. They are quite weak compared to the players' Champions, though their damage can add up quickly when in groups. They grow stronger over the course of the game, but usually much slower than players do, and thus they grow increasingly irrelevant as the game passes. (They're still the foremost source of gold, though.)

But where do these minions come from?
They spawn from a central building in most cases. In League, it's called the nexus.

Okay, that's cool. What's the point of the game?
Here is the main map in LoL. It's a link because the picture is huge.

Think of it as two-way tower defense. There are three clearly defined lanes, as you can see. They are separated from each other by the neutral Jungle, where non-aligned mobs spawn and can be killed for money, exp, and passive buffs. More on that later.

One wave of minions spawns after every predetermined set of time for each lane. They'll march until they reach a hostile, at which point they attack them mindlessly.

See those weird pig/knight looking structures? Those are the turrets.

Turrets
They are the main point of the game. You must destroy the enemy turrets.
Turrets hit very hard and are quite durable. However, they will always target minions first (unless you engage with one of their champions while within turret range). Therefore, you usually need to work together with your AI-controlled minions to take one down. As you take down each set of turrets, the inner turrets lose their invincibility. As you go deeper into enemy territory, the turrets become stronger.

That little crystal thing at the end of each lane is an Inhibitor. If destroyed, it will respawn after a duration. However, while it is respawning, your nexus will spawn extra-powerful minions for that lane.

The big crystal at the middle of each team's base is the nexus.

Nexus
The nexus is the ultimate goal of the game. If your nexus's health drops to 0, game over, you lose. It spawns minions for your lanes. It has a fairly sizable health pool, but will still fall quickly when undefended.

It is invincible unless its nexus turrets are down, those are invincible unless an inhibitor is down, inhibitors are invincible unless the innermost lane turrets are down, those are invincible unless the middle ones are down, etc.

TL;DR
It's two-way tower defense meets Team Fortress 2 meets Starcraft or Command and Conquer or Warcraft. Whichever you're more familiar with.

"Wait, what? This all sounds very strategic, why are you mentioning a shooter?"
Well, it may be a strategy game at heart, but the gameplay is fast, furious, and skill-oriented (I will admit the early phases of a match can be pretty boring), and teamwork is an absolute must.

It's a lot of fun, if you want to try it out let me know so I can shoot you a friend request.

and a referral link. -shiftyglance-

I do warn you that the learning curve is pretty steep and the community has a large concentration of assholes, but overall it's a very fun game.

Oh right, eSports.

eSports is short for electronic sports.
Basically the competitive scene for LoL and Starcraft and Quake etc. etc.
Pro gaming is just as legitimate a career as say, major league baseball nowadays.

...Does that explain it somewhat?  

The Azure Maestro

Dapper Lunatic

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:46 pm
Morde es #1

huehuehuehuehue  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:16 pm
The Azure Maestro
TerashiLeonGoken
The Azure Maestro
TerashiLeonGoken
AND NOW

Okay uh...

MOBA: Massively Online Battle Arena. It's a weird cross between Strategy and Action, mostly leaning towards the former. The basic premise of any MOBA game is: There are two teams pitted against each other, typically with 5 players each. Each player controls a "champion" or "hero" or whatever the specific MOBA decides to call them. This unit is essentially an MMO character: They level up and gain gold over the course of the game, and they gain stats as they do so. As they level they can unlock and improve their skills, usually most MOBAs use a pool of three skills, an "ultimate" skill, and a passive.

Gold is typically acquired from getting kills and assists on enemy players, or by "farming". Farming is handled somewhat differently depending on the game, but it usually involves fighting and killing enemy minions.

But wait, what're minions?
Minions are computer-controlled...well, minions. They spawn in waves and march mindlessly to their dooms. If a player is around when they die, he/she gets exp, and if he/she killed the minion, he/she gets gold as well. They are quite weak compared to the players' Champions, though their damage can add up quickly when in groups. They grow stronger over the course of the game, but usually much slower than players do, and thus they grow increasingly irrelevant as the game passes. (They're still the foremost source of gold, though.)

But where do these minions come from?
They spawn from a central building in most cases. In League, it's called the nexus.

Okay, that's cool. What's the point of the game?
Here is the main map in LoL. It's a link because the picture is huge.

Think of it as two-way tower defense. There are three clearly defined lanes, as you can see. They are separated from each other by the neutral Jungle, where non-aligned mobs spawn and can be killed for money, exp, and passive buffs. More on that later.

One wave of minions spawns after every predetermined set of time for each lane. They'll march until they reach a hostile, at which point they attack them mindlessly.

See those weird pig/knight looking structures? Those are the turrets.

Turrets
They are the main point of the game. You must destroy the enemy turrets.
Turrets hit very hard and are quite durable. However, they will always target minions first (unless you engage with one of their champions while within turret range). Therefore, you usually need to work together with your AI-controlled minions to take one down. As you take down each set of turrets, the inner turrets lose their invincibility. As you go deeper into enemy territory, the turrets become stronger.

That little crystal thing at the end of each lane is an Inhibitor. If destroyed, it will respawn after a duration. However, while it is respawning, your nexus will spawn extra-powerful minions for that lane.

The big crystal at the middle of each team's base is the nexus.

Nexus
The nexus is the ultimate goal of the game. If your nexus's health drops to 0, game over, you lose. It spawns minions for your lanes. It has a fairly sizable health pool, but will still fall quickly when undefended.

It is invincible unless its nexus turrets are down, those are invincible unless an inhibitor is down, inhibitors are invincible unless the innermost lane turrets are down, those are invincible unless the middle ones are down, etc.

TL;DR
It's two-way tower defense meets Team Fortress 2 meets Starcraft or Command and Conquer or Warcraft. Whichever you're more familiar with.

"Wait, what? This all sounds very strategic, why are you mentioning a shooter?"
Well, it may be a strategy game at heart, but the gameplay is fast, furious, and skill-oriented (I will admit the early phases of a match can be pretty boring), and teamwork is an absolute must.

It's a lot of fun, if you want to try it out let me know so I can shoot you a friend request.

and a referral link. -shiftyglance-

I do warn you that the learning curve is pretty steep and the community has a large concentration of assholes, but overall it's a very fun game.

Oh right, eSports.

eSports is short for electronic sports.
Basically the competitive scene for LoL and Starcraft and Quake etc. etc.
Pro gaming is just as legitimate a career as say, major league baseball nowadays.

...Does that explain it somewhat?
Wow. Perhaps TOTAL NOOBISM was too strong a word. The only symbols I didn't understand are MOBA and DotA. xd

Thank you for explaining, though! biggrin  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

The Azure Maestro

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:43 pm
TerashiLeonGoken

ಠ_ಠ

mfw I write out a giant explanation.

Okay, MOBA I explained.

DotA was the very first MOBA game: it stands for Defense of the Ancients. It was a mod for Warcraft III.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:48 pm
The Azure Maestro
TerashiLeonGoken

ಠ_ಠ

Okay, MOBA I explained.

DotA was the very first MOBA game: it stands for Defense of the Ancients. It was a mod for Warcraft III.
Sorry about that. sweatdrop And thank you.

By the way, my internet is absolute ~/~, so don't look forward to me joining anytime soon. sweatdrop  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

The Azure Maestro

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:52 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
The Azure Maestro
TerashiLeonGoken

ಠ_ಠ

Okay, MOBA I explained.

Sorry about that. sweatdrop And thank you.

By the way, my internet is absolute ~/~, so don't look forward to me joining anytime soon. sweatdrop

No problem.

Now, question for everyone: Does anyone play Pokemon Showdown? Or do competitive battling in general?  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... 270 271 272 273 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games