Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Movies TV Shows Books Comics
Dr. Who - a show for the truly decrepit Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Dr. Who?
I don't like anybody.
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Didn't he have something to do with pledge drives?
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
I don't watch medical shows.
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
I heard he went crazy and lived in Obi-Wan's attic.
10%
 10%  [ 31 ]
Sure. Lots. Now gimme my poll gold.
24%
 24%  [ 74 ]
Exterminate! Exterminate!
56%
 56%  [ 168 ]
Total Votes : 300

Rhiannon2006

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:56 pm
Having seen most of the "Torchwood" eps, I'd be very surprised if Sci-Fi (or any non-pay cable channel) would air them "as is." There is a good bit of language and sexual situations that would have to be edited first. Even at that, "Torchwood" is NOT for the kiddies (not for whole family) as "Doctor Who" is. I have greatly enjoyed the gritty, sometimes black storylines of "Torchwood."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:23 am
To tell you the truth, after hearing the complaints about the Gena Davis, Madame President show I'm surprised they aired the new Dr. Who show at all.

Several episodes seemed to hint at dark forces within the government doing bad things. The paranoid administration that we have (that complained about V for Vendetta) couldn't have missed the implications there.  

Chief Chaos

Rizzo-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:16 am
I grew up on doctor who and I really enjoy the new ones. Can't wait for the next season.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:29 pm
Is nobody commenting on the newest season of Doctor Who? The one that is on in Brittan right now?  

Velouria Dragoon

Harbone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:06 pm
Beats me. My parents VCR broke so I didn't get to see most of the last Season of David tennant. I DID see the Torchwood pilot with the Daleks vs. the Cybermen, though. My Dad and I loved that. Even my mom, who dislikes Dr. Who as a "monster show" enjoyed the Daleks trash talking the Cybermen.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:49 am
Yeah, the daleks trashing the cybermen was very funny. xd I liked that too. Some of the most intense Dr. Who I have ever seen was in that season closer. 3nodding

The new season is progressing nicely. I'm not a good one to really tear apart a show and critique the nitty gritty of it all, but I am liking it. The episode with the cars on the motorway was my favorite so far.  

Velouria Dragoon

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:09 am
sweatdrop I feel so left out... I have never seen Dr. Who, never even heard of it before this thread... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:05 pm
It's okay, Jo! Not many folks in the US are acquainted with Doctor Who. Many, many years ago, some PBS stations showed some of the classic series. I saw a few of them back in the early 1980s but the PBS station here had very inconsistent scheduling.

The Sci-Fi Channel has been showing the new series which started in 2005 in the UK, although it is one season behind the UK/BBC airings. The Season 3 episodes are more than halfway finished airing in the UK. Sci-Fi will start showing Season 3 here starting in July.

I've been getting the episodes through ... ninja ... other means. I've really enjoyed this 3rd season! xd  

Rhiannon2006

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:44 pm
Yes, who wants to wait for the sci fi chanel to get them? Plus, I'm too american (and too OLD lol ) to think anything but "tv should be free"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:16 pm
Yeah, I kinda liked it when commercials were enough to pay for the TV. But, I guess that makes watching Dr. Who more authentic because Our British Cousins have that television license they have to pay for if they want to watch... well, anything worth watching, anyway. It's kinda like the English have always had to deal with cable. They get both the fees and the damn commercials.

GRRRRR! That makes me LESS willing to put up with US Commercials, now that I think about it.

I'm havin' me a genu-ine dalek "vision impaired, cannot see!" hissy fit right now.  

Harbone
Crew

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:05 pm
wow, glad to see I could work ya up. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:05 pm
biggrin I'm getting pirate DVDs! I've seen part of episode 1 & have 2,3,4,5,6,7 & 8 so far. Didn't really care for 4,5 or 6 much at all. Gridlock was absolutely awesome! heart A beautifully-done Christian allegory! Best thing since Empty Child/Doctor Dances! It oughta win a Hugo too! 3nodding

The new series is now available to PBS! Series 1 is now showing in NC on Saturday nights, UNCUT, and with the cut-down version of the Doctor Who Confidentials to fill out the hour! That means any other PBS station could get it too!

Eirwyn

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:43 pm
Yes, Gridlock! My hubby would kill me for forgetting the name of an episode... lol That is my favorite episode so far.

The one that aired last week was pretty good too, but since it was a part two and can't really stand alone, it doesn't get my vote as number one. Still I did shed a tear or two for the Doctor during that episode. He can have every amazing life except the most amazing... Hard not to cry for that. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:48 pm
That's the one that was based on the Virgin New Adventures novel Human Nature, right?  

Eirwyn

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:03 am
Unfortunately I haven't read that novel, so I can't answer your question. sad

I suppose I could if I googled it, but I'm just not in the mood... xd  
Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games