Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 2: The Ashen Mountains Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:46 pm
The man was still standing, but he was far to weakened to be worth any of Gerash's stronger magic, so he fell back to his favored strategy: stand there and let whirling shards of force do the difficult work for you. As he summoned his magic stabbing implements they immediately surged toward the chinks in Basch's nigh impenetrable armor. Ah, the benefits of having weapons that can get places your limbs can't. As the captain spat what would hopefully be his last words, the necromancer smiled, "Maybe, but we'll take you first."

((23 vs ref, 8 force damage on a hit. 3 more damage when he starts his turn. welcome to the meat grinder, Basch.))  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:53 pm
Grashuk growled from behind his shield. "You're defense is admirable, human, but you are still little more than a canned meal."

Lowering his defenses, the bugbear lashed out with his b*****d sword, aiming to decapitate the captain once and for all. However, at the last second, Basch ducked. The blade whistled harmlessly over his head, and the momentum forced Grashuk to turn his back on the enemy!

Quote:
Standard Action: Viper's Strike on CB. 12 vs. AC; Grashuk grants CA to Basch until the start of his next turn.

iDragow

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:54 am
Cain didn't know what was going on. He liked to fight people on their own, he couldn't deal with all these people ganging up on the enemy. There were too many weapons flying around. Cain didn't have the patience for this. After a few feeble attempts to get past the Captain's defences, he dodged away behind Hars, hoping to get into a better position next turn.

Quote:
Standard:
Bong of Pursuit vs CB
+9 [4wis, 2lvl, 2prof, 1enh]vsAC= 11/10
1d10+6= # damage and if he moves I follow.

Move:
Shift SW

Vorastrix rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:15 pm
Cursebite: +8  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Vorastrix rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 5 Total: 13 (2-16)

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:16 pm
Damage: +4  
Vorastrix rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:16 pm
curse damage  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:21 pm
((g'blah, rolled in the wrong thread...oh wells, won't happen again))

Pelloth s determined to hit this time, so his strike is channeled through the curse surrounding the captain. The darkness coalesces in to slashing claws, gouging into the man.

Quote:
Standard: Cursebite: 26 v. Fort; for 24 damage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:13 am
Hars doggedly keeps trying to stab this b*****d
((Melee basic @22, sneak attack expended, 15 damage))  

Arc Vembris
Crew

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:07 am
--99--0--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--
A-W---W--W--A--L--L--------W--A--L--L---W---A---A
B-A---A--A------------------------------W---A---B
C-L---L--L------------------------------W---A---C
D-L---L--L-----------------------Ge-----W---A---D
E--------------------------------Gr-------------E
F-----------------------C--H-----D----------KM--F
G-W---W--W------------------------------W---A---G
H-A---A--A-----------------------P------W---A---H
I-L---L--L------------------------------W---A---I
J-L---L--L------------------------------W---A---J
K-L---L--L------------------------------W---A---K
L-L---L--L------------------------------W---A---L
--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--13--14-

Initiative Order
1. Pelloth: 44/44hp,
2. Captain Basch: 143 damage, marked by Hars, cursed, oath'ed, if he shifts Hars gets an OA, bloodied
3. Guardsman 1: 45 damage, Oath'ed, Total Defense +2 to all defenses bloodied
4. Guardsman 2: 45 damage, bloodied
5. Hars: 12/50hp, bloodied Initiative
6. Gerash: 37/39hp,
7. Cain: 38/50hp,
8. Daelos 34 damage, marked by Basch
9. Grashuk: 10/45hp, granting CA to Basch until the start of his next turn, bloodied

Dodge, swipie, sidestep, thrust! No matter what she does, Hars just can't penetrate the damn plate armour...

Gerash summons up his patented Cloud o' Daggers which get to places that Hars' sword can't. Basch grunts in pain as three dig into his armours' weak spots, and threaten to do so again.

Unleashing his Bong Bond of Pursuit, Cain is so furious that only the focus of his Oath keeps him from doing something really stupid. Cursing everything, (except Tharizdun) Cain sidesteps to a better position, out of range of Basch's swinging flail.

Daelos? Miss....next... (No joke, last four turns for Daelos, rolled a 1, 1, 3, ******** dice roller...)

Sonuvabitch! In his fury Grashuk goes all for power, but when Basch nimbly dodges the attack, the Bugbear swings round and leaves himself exposed to the human Captain.

As dark slashing claws coalesce around Basch, he looks worried, and for a good reason. They slash, gouge and tear at his face, drawing gouts of blood and ripping flesh which falls to the ground. Basch is almost in tears such is the pain from the warlocks attack. ((Minionfied! Good ol' Gerashs' Cloud o' Daggers nicks the kill again! ^^))

Sweating, bleeding...dying, Basch has all but given up. But he prepares himself for one last swing; heaving his weapon to his side, he shouts, "Curse you....curse you all, I'm Captain Basch Fon Ronsenberg of Dalmas....Valleta! And I condemn you to....!" He is cut off as a lone floating dagger of force neatly embeds itself in his throat. His mouth hangs open for a few seconds before he coughs up a huge amount of blood, which splatters Hars' feet as Basch falls to his knees. Hars sees him attempt to say his last words, but the dagger of force won't let him. His eyes go distant and he collapses to the ground.

Combat Over!

((Short rest it to the max, spend surges and tell me how many you have left please. Every also gains 1 Action Point! Also if you want to search the room feel free, to the south is the soldiers makeshift 'camp' site))  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:28 am
As the captain let's out his final breath, Grashuk closed his eyes. Mentally, he was forcing the exhaustion and pain from his body so that he could push further into the catacombs

When he had centered himself, he began searching the captain's body for anything of value. With that finished, he would ransack the camp for the same reason.

Quote:
Short Rest: Spend 3 surges, bringing me up to 43 HP; Should have 5 surges left.

iDragow

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:19 am
As the Captain goes down, Cain throws his broadsword against the wall in frustration. This had not been a good fight. Taking a second to himself, he went over to his sword and placed it back in his scabbard before heading over to a dark corner. Crouching down, he spent the remainder of the rest sat in darkness speaking hurriedly into his symbol.

[[1 surge taking me up to full.]]  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:28 am
Gerash smirks as he directs the final dagger into the captain's throat, he wasn't in the mood for final speeches. As the others do what they can to recover from their fight he steps up to the captain's body and looks down on him, "I told you," he says smugly. Then he snaps his fingers and waves the kobold over. Letting Grashuk ransack everything around them, he addressed the others, "As I mentioned, Pelloth and I found a guide. The kobolds seem to know something about the tome we came for, and this one's willing to show us to it. Whenever you're done recovering from the ordeal of being without us we can be off."

((0 surges spent leaving me at whatever I had before.))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:18 am
((3 surges spent, 1 surge remaining, Hars is nearly done for the day))

Hars sits down heavily and hairs her head between her knees, her elven hair shifting its style and color unsteadily.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:33 am
Grashuk, you find nothing of magical value on the Captains' body, although under his gaunlet on his right hand, you find that he does wear a particularly fine gold ring. Pocketing it, you smile, that will fetch a bit of coin. The camp yields nothing except a few bedrolls and blankets, waterskins, almost empty packs of dried fruit and meat, and some crummy weaponry. You do notice though, that the weapons seem to have been dissolved by some form of acid.

Cain takes comfort in his Gods...words...? As he sits quietly in the corner. Next fight he was sure that he could better.

As Gerash calls over the kobold, he hops to the wizards side aprhensively. When he realises he isn't going to be killed by the new people, he says, "My Namez Skerrik, pleezed to szerve." He bows awkwardly, although his servitude seems genuine. He then turns to Gerash, "I muszt say though Maszter, my old Maszter will not let you have the....tome without a fight."

As one of you goes to reply, you hear a yapping noise down the northern corridor. It grows louder until it appears that there are many creatures making the noise. "My brethren come..." As the five of you look to the northern corridor, a large group of kobolds appear, weapons in hand, crazed look in their eyes. And then one of the lead ones shouts in Draconic, "ATTTAAAACK!"

Roll Initiative!

I understand that you had a bit of warning, so you can position yourselves where you like. Don't forget, the map extends a bit further south, although a lot of it is difficult terrain you could stand at the back if you like.  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:18 am
[[My awesome streak is continuing with a massive 8 init. I think Ganusk stole all my luck for April! sweatdrop Cain's still moping in the corner, B2+prone.]]  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff