Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
:.: Abigail's Nine :.: {Accepting/Open} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:18 pm
Cybil's brows lifted. "Does it? I thought the farmer's market was more food and stuff. But I guess we can try it, and if all else fails, we can hit up the thrift store after that. There's usually a ton of cheap reflective junk, and maybe you'll find something there."

She got to her feet and stretched, then tossed her coat over one arm. "Kay. Let's go - I should still have my junkheap in the parking lot unless someone's broken into it and stolen the battery again."

Mark glanced at her. "Again?"

"Yeah. Not so much wanting to talk about it. It was about a year ago." Cybil walked to the door and glanced over her shoulder at them. "Come on. Off to Ye Elderly Blue Chariote, after I check to see if I fed it its weekly tithe of entirely too much gas."

She headed out the door, leaving a very confused group in her wake.

Mark looked at Miranda and said in a slightly bewildered voice, "I didn't even know she'd had that car for a year."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:36 pm
User Image

Once upon a time there was a girl
You really wouldn't call her typical
Had her own definition of cool
She lived in her own world

"Farmer's market does have food and stuff, but it also has a bunch of neat things that you can't find anywhere else." Miranda said with a shrug. Hearing Cybil's babbling though, she looked just as confused as Mark sounded.

Finally, she just shook her head and shrugged. "Hey, if it gets us where we're going, I'm not going to question it." She grabbed her backpack which had her wallet, and followed Cybil out the door, trying to to become anymore confused.

User Image

She had her own style, her own rules
She played along like it was usual
Nobody really even knew her name
To her life was one big game

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:47 pm
Mark reluctantly followed her out the door, pausing only to fiddle with the doorknob until he was sure it had locked.

They found Cybil checking under the hood of an ancient blue car, for which 'junkheap' might have actually been a kind description. She was fiddling with the engine, and her hands were already covered in black stuff.

"Come on, you were working last week...!" she was muttering at it while they approached.

Mark looked at it skeptically. "Does that thing actually run under its own power?"

"Sometimes. When it feels like it. Occasionally. Damn it!" Cybil snapped, kicking the tire as she slammed the hood down - and just then, the engine roared into life.

"Ah. There we go. Hop in, it shouldn't die now that it's started," she said, climbing behind the wheel.

Still eyeing it, Mark gestured to Miranda. "Ladies first."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:52 pm
User Image

Miranda arched an eyebrow at the car. She'd seen better vehicles at junkyards. Hearing Mark's words, she scoffed. "You just want me to test if it's safe before you get in." She said teasingly. Gingerly, afraid the car was going to break in to pieces or something, Miranda climbed into the back seat. "Are you absolutely sure this thing can even go anywhere?" She asked skeptically.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:28 pm
"Well, that is a handy side benefit," Mark said cheerfully, following Miranda, but choosing to climb into the front seat beside Cybil - and dodging a good-natured whack for his words. "Ow! Well, it's true!"

Cybil sighed. "Insults. I get nothing but insults." With a creaking, clanking growl, the car dragged itself out of the parking spot and began to lurch towards the road. "It can go just fine. It just makes some noise."

'Some' noise was the equivalent of calling a tornado a 'nice breeze'.

Mark, wincing through the whole cacophony of squeals and bangs and shrieks, glanced back at Miranda. "Man, I'm not even worried about the apocalypse anymore. If we can survive Cyb's junkheap, we can survive anything."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:53 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
Elodie walked by a small stand that fairly burst with it's offering of berries and melon, offered in individual serving cups. She paused and thought of her empty stomach, there really was nothing quite like a berry breakfast.

She stopped and got a mix of blackberries and blueberries. Popping them one at a time into her mouth in her usual slow eating manner. She looked around at the stalls and spied one that seemed to have a lot of wooden materials. Maybe a frame could have been spawned in the small forgotten forest? She stepped under the awning and let her eyes adjust to the shade.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:17 pm
User Image

Miranda twisted her hands together. She wanted to hold onto the door but she was afraid it would break off. "Gods above. And here I thought those creatures were scary! I take that back. Can I get out of this thing and go face them instead?"

She breathed a sigh of relief when the farmer's market came into sight. She was out of the vehicle almost before Cybil had finished parking. "I am tempted to walk home....." She muttered to herself.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:29 pm
Cybil scowled. "There's absolutely nothing wrong with the old thing," she defended her old pile of garbage. "It's a little noisy, but you get used to it, and it runs okay." Aside from the dinky taillight, and the spongy brakes, and the accelerator that took a full minute to respond to her pressure, and the bumper that was falling off and tended to scrape the asphalt, and the stuttery engine and the overheating radiator and...Well, it ran, and that was something! Besides, it wasn't like she could afford any better, not on the little money she was making.

"It wasn't that bad," she muttered, coming up to walk with Miranda as she swung back her blonde hair. "And it's way too far to walk back anyway."

Mark's lips twitched slightly, but he came up on Cybil's other side and didn't say anything. The Junker was better than any mode of transportation he owned, and that meant that he had no room to complain.

He glanced at Miranda. "So what exactly do you look for in your shiny things?"  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:03 pm
User Image

"I know, I really shouldn't be complaining. Thank you for getting us here Cybil." Miranda said in apology.

She began looking around, wandering up the aisle. "Something flat is best. And very very smooth. Polished, but not really reflective. Crystal is about the best material I've found. A dark or smokey crystal, not transparent." She described it, watching the wares for anything like that. She let her mind drift as she walked, thinking about what she needed.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:20 pm
Mark picked up a napkin from one of the booths and absentmindedly picked up a pen from another. With a few quick scribbles, he'd captured the basic idea of what she was talking about. "Nothing else important? Not the shape, nothing like that? Does it matter if it has a frame?"

He was babbling somewhat, but it didn't matter. As long as they all got the basic idea of what she was looking for, they would be fine.

Cybil looked distant and dreamy, her eyes quiet. She hadn't responded to Miranda's apology with a snarky comment, or actually at all - which was odd for her.

"Something's here," she said softly. "Do you feel it?"

Mark turned to blink at her. "Huh?"

"There's something here." Cybil glanced at Miranda. "Can you tell?"  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:01 pm
User Image

Miranda shook her head. "My crystal sheet didn't have a frame. Flat works best, but other than that, shape doesn't matter. I prefer oval but that's simply because it sits better in my hands. About this is the ideal size, but I can work with whatever." She held up her hands, showing about dinner plate size.

Hearing Cybil, she paused, her head tilting to the side. "No....But then again, my abilities lie in sight, not feeling." She shook her head. "I'm extremely limited at times. But if you say there's something here, then there probably is." She thought for a moment. "Can you pick out the direction? We should probably check it out."

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:33 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
Picking through a milk carton of scrappy looking frames, Elodie discarded them one by one, as being to small or simply too poorly crafted. She didn't mind that the wood wasn't treated, but a bit of quality would have been nice. It wouldn't have mattered if she were hanging kids art or a cheap print cut from a magazine, but she felt the letter deserved more respect. Especially if she really had been related to the Sophia Keys who it had been written to.

It really was too bad she didn't have the time or inclination to do a family history, but then again, that's what zealous aunts were for.

Smiling Elodie stood up from her crouched position and dusted her hands as her lower legs came back to life. Time to try the next table.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:16 pm
"But it doesn't really matter," replied Mark dryly as he moved over towards a table full of junk. "Or anything." It was hard to tell if he was teasing, but he probably was, judging from Cybil's suppressed grin.

Cybil seemed to have drawn back, looking at Miranda quickly. "I don't have feeling-related abilities either," she pointed out. "Except in the middle of a vision. So this is something else." She sighed. "Or maybe I'm just nuts. That works too."

Mark, sorting through the stuff on the table, noticed a girl at the table next to him standing up and dusting off her hands. Giving up on the things at his table, he made his way over to the one she was standing at and gave her a quick, engaging grin. "Hi. What's in these, do you know?" he asked, nodding at the milk cartons of stuff on the table.

If someone else had gone through it, then he wouldn't have to.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:06 pm
User Image

Miranda blushed at Mark's teasing. At least, she hoped it was just teasing. "I'm not very picky, alright? So long as it works, it works. Doesn't really matter." She said in her defense, rubbing her arm.

She sighed and looked around the place, then back to Cybil. "I don't know. But judging from everything that's happened, I'm gonna lean towards 'something important' and not just 'nuts'. So if we can get a lock on it, that would be good." She wandered a step off from Cybil, to look at another table of junk.

Idly, she picked up a mirror, tilting it this way and that as she examined it. She didn't like mirrors, but in a pinch they would work. She caught sight of Mark and another girl in the mirror. As she tilted it, Mark's image vanished to be replaced by other tables and such. The girl though.....Her image stayed. Miranda frowned, staring at the mirror. She made her mind relax, focusing on the image. Her eyes went hazy as she stared at the mirror blankly, seeing what only she could see. The background disappeared, leaving just the girl. Then slowly, one by one, Mark, Cybil, and even herself appeared with the girl, standing strong together. The image quickly faded and she set the mirror down, looking to Mark and the girl again. Looking thoughtful, she headed towards them.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:43 pm
((OOC: ...Kinda stuck waiting on Zetao with Mark, so...
*generalized post indicating that Mark is still friendly and waiting on Elodie's response*))

Cybil shut her eyes for a few minutes, feeling a little dizzy - the way she did when a vision was on its way.

But nothing came. She stood still and waited for a little longer, and there was nothing. Frowning, she turned back towards the other two, and headed in Miranda's direction.

"Finding any--" she began, and then took a closer look. Miranda had the same look she got when she was seeing something besides what was in front of her. So she went quiet and waited, and once Miranda 'woke up' again, she wordlessly followed her to where Mark was talking to the girl.

Whatever was going on, she felt she should be there.  
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games