Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Third Floor Corridor Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:13 pm
User Image
It may sound absurd but don't be naïve
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed but won’t you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me

User Image

Jacob walked into the corridor, his posture mostly a slouch. This was the first time he'd heard anything of a meeting, and briefly he wondered if his own meeting had gotten their attention. Which slightly irritated him. He'd been waiting for a while for something, anything, and it wasn't like he didn't talk to a main member of the Chimera on a regular basis. He crossed his arms and leaned against a wall, just waiting. Whatever was going to happen, he wanted to at least hear what was going on. He watched the older ones carefully, nodding to each of them. "Hey, I got a note. You guys wanted to meet or something?"

----------------------------------
State: Waiting
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me

Socks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:32 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Chimerasspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Curiousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Maybe they'll fill in the blanks...' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Who shot that arrow in your throat?
ஒ ஒ ஒ Who missed the crimson apple? ஒ ஒ ஒ
It hung heavy on the tree above your head ஒ ஒ ஒ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Gypsy wandered down the Third Floor Corridor, curious. A meeting had been called, not some impromptu thing like the one with Jacob and Toby, but an actual meeting? Color her shocked. After all, Jacob'd wanted them, the younger recruits, to meet up then because they'd heard nothing since the Summer. But, she was hopeful that this meeting out paint a clearer picture of what this group was supposed to be about. They'd been given next to nothing before, and it made it a little weird. But there should be answers today, which was good, because that's what she wanted. She would, of course, be reporting everything back to Jer... provided he didn't show up himself. She wouldn't put it past the blonde... but for once, she wasn't up for his antics. After all, she wanted answers, and she probably wouldn't be getting any if she pissed the older Chimera's off. So she made a note to be on her best behavior... for once.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ This chaos, this calamity, this garden once was perfect
                                                          Give your immortality to me; I'll set you up against the stars
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:07 pm
User ImageUser Image
              xxxxxShortly after James arrived, a cloaked figured arrived. It was likely another Chimera. After all, Heather did nothing about it. Eventually, the figure revealed herself to be the Gryffindor girl. It was a bit odd that the two were only a year apart and yet they hardly knew each other. That was the way things were. It was difficult to get to know people when they were not in the same classes or the same house. "Alrecht," James replied. At the moment, that was the truth. She was feeling fine. That was not to say what might happen later would leave her feeling otherwise.

xxxxxShortly after, Marina showed up. They were supposed to be in the same year, but because James had missed the O.W.L.S, the Slytherin was now ahead of her. Being a Slytherin, James did not expect her to feel anything toward what had happened to herself and her sister. Slytherins were not exactly known for being caring and considerate, and so it came as a bit of a surprise when Marina offered an apology for not doing anything about what happened last year. "Ainae much 'at can be dain abit it noo," she replied in her thick Scottish accent. "It's in th' pest. There's nae much we can dae but learn frae it.

xxxxxA short time later, two of the new members appeared in the hallway. She only knew the one because she had chosen her. Gypsy. She was one of the more restless Ravenclaws, something that James thought would be a good idea to have in the group. There were Ravenclaws who sat around and thought about great ideas, and then there were Ravenclaws who actually put those ideas to the test. And that was the sort of Ravenclaw that was needed for the Chimeras. That much James knew. The young woman smiled in acknowledgement of the two newcomers.

heather030595

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:07 pm
User Image

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιяѕт уєαя нυffℓєρυff

ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє
ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє

ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє fяσм уσυя ℓιєѕ
уσυ'яє ѕσ ѕєℓf ѕαтιѕfιє∂ ι ∂σи'т иєє∂ уσυ

ι'νє gσт тσ вяєαк fяєє
gσ∂ киσωѕ, gσ∂ киσωѕ ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє

The common room was never quiet enough to read in, at least... Hufflepuff's wasn't. Ceri had been reading in the library, but her bum had gone numb and it was time to get up and move around. But her book was too enticing to simply put down. The girl was nose deep in her book as she walked, not really walking anywhere in particular. She glanced up from her book, Wuthering Heights, then back down, content that there was no one in her path. She rounded a corner without looking up, convincing that the path was clear.

{συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя: ...}

Yukina101

SummerIsles

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:33 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Wearing ✧Where am I~Third Floor Corridor ✧What am I doing~ Reading ✧Who am I with~Me Myself and I ✧Why~Because it's better than the alternative

Eira for once found herself in a situation she hadn't believed she could ever land in once she got Hogwarts: she was bored. She had completed all her homework assignments, read the textbooks preface to index, and even her fall back of hanging with her (friends? friendly acquaintances?) was canceled due to them having a house meeting. Which was odd considering Ravenclaw didn't have one and from the sights and sounds around her neither Hufflepuff nor Slytherin was either. So it must just be for the house of red and gold. She wondered what could have happened that the whole house had to be reprimanded. So she dug into her trunk for her lazy reading and pulled out a book she hadn't read in a while. She would have stayed in the girls dormitory but someone had spilled (or was just a lush) their perfume bottle and stunk up the whole dorm with flowers and candy and it itched her nose and the back of her throat. Then she had tried the common room but hadn't been able to get a decent sitting spot due to all the fifth and seventh years studying for their exams. Not that she could blame them, if she were in their situations she would be doing the same. So here she was intent on finding a quiet space while being so nose deep in The Great Expectations that she stopped noticing her surroundings and merely focused on the ground beneath her shoes, the cold draft of the hallways, and the occasional eye lift from the pages to ensure she didn't run into anyone. Well she apparently did so a second too late since she managed to run into someone anyway causing them both to loose their balance and their books. The Ravenclaw landed on the cold hard ground with a soft "oomph!" and rubbed her lower back from the slight pain while also looking for her book before she realized that the person she ran into was still there. Well then. "S-sorry about t-that. I wasn't l-looking where I w-was going." Eira stuttered softly as she grabbed the first book her fingers grazed and glanced at the cover raising her eyebrows at the title. Wuthering Heights was a book she had read at the bequest of her mother since they had both been going through a classical phase at the time but she hadn't loved it like the older woman had. If she were perfectly honest she rather despised the book and all the characters within it, but that didn't stop her from being marginally surprised that someone else around her age had even heard of it let alone was taking the time to read it. "T-this is yours I p-presume?" she asked handing the red haired girl back her book.

SummerIsles

I, I'll get by
I, I'll survive
When the world's crashing down
When I fall and hit the ground
I will turn myself around
Don't you try to stop me
I, I won't cry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:58 pm
User Image

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιяѕт уєαя нυffℓєρυff

ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє
ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє

ι'νє gσт тσ вяєαк fяєє

Ceri was face deep in her book, thinking the way ahead of her was clear when the girl bumped into her. The Hufflepuff girl fell to her butt as well, landing on her bum hard. "Ow. Sorry," she said, looking up at the girl. It was one of the girls from her class... Eira, she thought her name was. She picked up her book, only it wasn't. So she had been reading and walking too. The Great Expectations, not a bad selection. Eira was offering her her book back. "Um, yeah. It's a book you'd think an eleven year old would read, but my stepmother forced it on me. And I kinda like it, I guess. I like your book too. Here," she held out the girl's book with one hand and took her book back with the other. "So, uh... you like reading too?" Duh, of course she did. No one else would be reading that book at that age if they didn't. Stupid question, Ceri...

Yukina101

SummerIsles

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:32 pm

Wearing ✧Where am I~Third Floor Corridor ✧What am I doing~ Reading ✧Who am I with~Me Myself and I ✧Why~Because it's better than the alternative

Eira blinked not exactly knowing how else to respond as the girl in front of her spoke of being forced into reading that trash much like she had been. What was with mothers forcing their daughters to read such drivel. It was obvious the older generation saw it as romance but she didn't see the appeal. In both that book and in actual romance. When the girl asked if she liked to read she tilted her head slightly to the side wondering if it was one of those jokes people told to lighten the mood but she wasn't quite sure. Her friends were slowly trying to "lighten her up" but she still tripped up here and there around their odd euphemisms and vernacular. Maybe she should ask Ivy. She seemed to know humor, she's even made the pale girl smile once or twice. "Yes I do. I don't really like 'Wuthering Heights' or really anything by Emily Bronte. And your age has nothing to do with your preference of books only your mental capacity of understanding which I suspect is rather decent with how far you are in your book." the Ravenclaw stated plainly and in her usualy quiet tone of voice. She didn't say it to be mean or rude and honestly didn't think she was, just factual.

SummerIsles

I, I'll get by
I, I'll survive
Don't you try to stop me
I, I won't cry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:39 pm
User Image

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιяѕт уєαя нυffℓєρυff

ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє
ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє

ι'νє gσт тσ вяєαк fяєє

Ceri blinked and nodded along with her. "This is actually the third time I've read this. I was checking in the library to see if they had anything else to read." She shrugged and frowned, then started to chew on her lower lip a little. "My real preference is like... Shakespeare or Jane Austen. My stepmother wants me to start reading Chaucer soon. She thinks it'll expand my mind. Bleh. Let me read what I want Belinda. Gosh. Oh jeez, am I rambling?" Her cheeks flushed and resumed chewing on her lip. This girl probably thought she was crazy by this point.

Yukina101

SummerIsles

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:38 pm

Eira couldn't comprehend someone wanting to read that book for enjoyment for a first time let alone two others. But she didn't voice that opinion out loud afraid she had been rude enough by scantily insulting her book before. When the other girl then started to speak about how she much prefers Shakespeare or Jane Austin a random fact popped into her head and out of her mouth before she could think to stop it. "There's been speculation that Shakespeare was a wizard and not actually a muggle like most believe. Personally I think he's a squib or maybe even a muggleborn since his works were obviously poised towards muggle but had magical connotations. But that's just a thought." The girl then realized she was still on the floor and frowned at her frame of absence before pulling herself off the floor and brushing any dirt off her shirt and skirt. She didn't realize that the girl had kept talking about her mother, Chaucer, and some person named Belinda. Who was Belinda? Was that her name? Or was that a friend of hers? It definitely wasn't someone in that god awful book. At her question of whether or not she was rambling Eira merely blinked and gave a hint of a shrug. "It wouldn't matter if you were, but to answer your question no you were not." she told the red haired girl.

SummerIsles

I, I'll get by
I, I'll survive
Don't you try to stop me
I, I won't cry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:41 pm
User Image

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιяѕт уєαя нυffℓєρυff

ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє
ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє

ι'νє gσт тσ вяєαк fяєє

Ceri blinked when the girl stood up and got up herself, brushing off the seat of her skirt. "That's an interesting theory. I suppose it makes sense, when you consider some of his writings." She nodded, mulling over Eira's theory. It was nice being able to talk to someone like a normal human. Ceri was pretty sure she'd only blushed like twice when she was talking. Of course, they were only really talking about books and despite Eira's instance that she wasn't rambling, Ceri was convinced that she was. And now I'm mentally rambling, she thought to herself. Scratching the back of her head, Ceri said, "I think this is the most I've talked since I got here. Is that weird?"

Yukina101

SummerIsles

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:02 pm

Eira looked the redhead over as she contemplated her words about Shakespeare while she tried to think of normal interaction methods. It was easier when she was with her usual group since out of all the Gryffindors there was almost never a quiet moment where her speaking was necessary. In fact nine times out of ten when they were all together (mainly her trying to get them to do their homework) she never actually spoke unless she had to. Or when they were being too loud. Which was all the time, even in the library! When she asked if it was weird that their conversation was the longest she had talked in the months being at school, the Ravenclaw just shrugged honestly not sure. What might constitute as weird to her might not be weird to the other girl or vice versa. It was why conversing was such a hard thing for her to do half the time. "I personally don't see a problem with it, but then I wouldn't know what you could count as 'weird'. I think not doing homework the same day it's assigned is weird while others think I'm weird for thinking that. There's really no telling or a right answer I'm afraid." Eira said with another shrug not sure if this constituted as weird.

SummerIsles

I, I'll get by
I, I'll survive
Don't you try to stop me
I, I won't cry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:37 pm
User Image

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιяѕт уєαя нυffℓєρυff

ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє
ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє

ι'νє gσт тσ вяєαк fяєє

Ceri struggled and then failed to suppress a giggle when the girl mention that she found it weird that people didn't do homework on the day it was assigned. Ceri had found a kindred spirit. "I know what you mean. The other kids look at me funny when I get back to the common room and start working on my homework. They talk about me. They think I can't hear them, but I can. It's whatever, you know? I'll have good grades and stuff. That's what I want." She shrugged. She did want friends, but she didn't know how to go about getting those. Good grades... that was something she could get.

Yukina101

SummerIsles

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:49 pm

Eira was a little perturbed by at the girl's giggles not sure if she was laughing at her for actually doing her homework or for laughing at her annoyance. If it was the first she wouldn't be too upset since she was rather used to it; the children at her primary before she was taken out would laugh at her for the smallest of things first and foremost her unusual hair color. Honestly laughter was sometimes the nicest thing that they did. The straw that broke the camel's back, in her father's words, was when she came home with torn and bedraggled clothes from being pushed and shoved on her way home. Despite her assurances that she was finally (mentally) and that her superficial wounds would heal, her parents hadn't taken it kindly and finally withdrew her and allowed her to be home schooled by tutors. Thankfully it seemed that she had been laughing because she agreed which made her secretly relieved. She really didn't want a repeat of her early school years. As she talked, Eira could understand her ire at having classmates and social peers talking behind your back just because of something you do or you are. "I completely agree. Children can be tryingly cruel during these years, especially in confined spaces such as these. It's why I'm glad I never was one." the light hair girl said with a small hint of a smile. She was sure that counted as a joke, she had even smiled and everything!

SummerIsles

I, I'll get by
I, I'll survive
Don't you try to stop me
I, I won't cry

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:57 pm
User Image

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιяѕт уєαя нυffℓєρυff

ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє
ι ωαит тσ вяєαк fяєє

ι'νє gσт тσ вяєαк fяєє

The red head shrugged and sighed. She'd never had classmates before, so she wasn't sure if that was how other children always acted around each other. "I guess I just have to get used to it. My step mother taught me in my home. She said as a pure blood, it was too demeaning to go to Muggle school. And my father didn't send me to Charms school, so, she taught me." Ceri frowned slightly, realizing that much of what her stepmother taught her had proven to be false. That woman was a cruel witch. Flashing a small smile back at Eira, she said, "At least, I made a friend who doesn't think I'm weird for being a good student." At least... Ceri hoped Eira was her friend...

Yukina101

SummerIsles

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:57 pm
About time for anyone telling you off for all your deeds
No sign the roaring thunder stopped in cold to read
No time
Get mine and make no excuses waste of precious breath
No time
The sun shines on everyone, everyone love yourself to death

User ImageXXXXXXUser Image

мυɢɢℓєвσяиє sιиɢℓє υиcσиғιиє∂

Gia was walking along the hallways, with her tools this time, to do some more thorough investigation of the enchanted paintings and suits of armor. It helped that the school actually had a friggen armory at their disposal. Jesus Christ, just how old was this place? Did Jesus himself ever walk these halls? She scoffed at her own thought in amusement; she had read Hogwarts, A History of course, she knew roughly how old the school was. Still, the walking of Jesus question was still rather valid. The castle might've been built on this land but He might've walked on it at some point. Meh, now she was digging into philosophy when what she really wanted to do was much more destructive. She paused in front of a painting of a couple swinging, another Victorian piece from the large and heavy looking clothing although it looked a hell of a lot better than the get up those prisses at the tea party had. Just as she was about to question them the woman being pushed on the painting yet out a scream alerting the man who stopped and screamed as well causing her to roll her eyes at their dramatics. It would seem she had garnered a reputation among the Hogwarts paintings, causing her to be undesirable number one. Well if they just answered her questions instead of being retarded she wouldn't have to try and chip their paint. "Oh don't flatter yourselves, I'm pretty sure if you did have a secret entrance it wouldn't be to anything of interest anyway." Gia told them drolly before continuing on. She walked another few feet before she finally stopped in front of the painting she had been told about by Lori; it was of the three musketeers, or people that resembled them at least, so she should at the very least get a decent conversation out of them. "Good evening gentlemen, I have a couple of questions for you." she started off before rattling out a few questions about their origins, what they remembered, and most importantly, if they observed anything odd about their portrait or the paintings around them. There were two that seemed rather put off by her but thankfully the one that didn't was rather eager to talk to anyone that wasn't just those around him. Apparently he had never really gotten the hang of walking painting to painting. The best part was he primarily spoke Italian, so when she replied in kind the other two started in with interest. Mainly about their lives and their feats of heroics and maybe one or two sentences about the annoying hag that keeps letting a draft in. Wait, what?!

mc2

Quote:

Wearing △Where ~Third Floor Corridor △With ~No one △What ~Lurking △OOC ~
So you gotta fire up, you gotta let go
You'll never be loved till you've made your own
You gotta face up, you gotta get yours
You never know the top till you get too low

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff