Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:40 pm
@ The Scorpion Tent

"Tea?" Kojiro took a drink of his. "You know that life is rarely fair, especially for us Scorpions, Maru. I wonder what we can do to even the situation. It looks like Naizen was correct in his assumption that none of us won today.

Kojiro gestured to the tea cup. Naizen is attending business at the moment. We can either drink tea and wait for him, or we can discuss what we need to do to advance ourselves and our clan."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:49 pm
@ Crane Tent

He'd keep an eye on the courtier since he walked in, but keep to himself. Most of the time, his mind was focused on the Matsu, a rare male one to boot. That man had overcome the craft that Zanzen worked hard on, seemingly with ease. What sort of hellish training did he endure?  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:43 pm
@Post-Go Competition
"You did much better than me. Even with your warning, I did terribly..." Kyumi let out a slightly disappointed sigh before changing over to the topic of Asahina Kenichi.

"Think about him? Don't mind if I do!" Kyumi let out a giggle and blushed a little herself. "Think there's any chance that he'd have a twin brother?" Kyumi joked.

As she talked with Toyoko, her attendant approached her mistress from behind. Omi made her presence known with a light tug on Kyumi's sleeve.

"Kyumi-sama, it is late. Perhaps it would be best if we left soon?" She spoke with her voice lowered, but somewhat urgent sounding. While nothing was actually amiss, Omi always got a little worried when she left her mistress to her own devices. The attendant was intent on getting Kyumi back to her clan's tent quickly, before anything else that might be too much was said.

For a short moment, there was a short and silent exchange of looks between the two. The Lioness looked at her attendant, almost like a child might look to her mother and beg to allowed to stay up. Her look was answered with a somewhat stern look that told Kyumi that Omi did not approve. Kyumi let out a sigh.

"It looks like it's time for me to go. Let's see about having some tea together later!" Kyumi grinned as she and Omi bowed to Toyoko before leaving.

From there, the two went almost straight to the Lion Clan tent. Once there, Omi would set about whatever work still remained to be taken care of.

Providing no one talks or interrupts her, Kyumi takes out her journal, some charcoal, and serving of the sweet that's in her bags. She writes for a hour or so while snacking.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:02 pm
@ Scorpion Tent:

"Hmph. Did he, now?" Maru would respond to Kojiro's revelation. "I was a shugenja in a battle of keen words with a bunch of courtiers. You're a bushi, as is Naizen. What's your excuses?" she would sneer. She would wait a moment, before grabbing one of her bags, standing and hurling it across the room at Naizen's empty cot, clothes and garments flying every which way. "COME OUT OF HIDING, YOU DAMNED COWARD!" she would yell.

Breathing hard, she would sit back down, balling her hands several times in succession. "Sorry. I'm just... dissatisfied with how my competition turned out. I shouldn't be taking it out on you." Sighing, she would lean forward(!), resting her elbows on her knees, her chin in her hands. "Doji Kita conveniently failed to inform me about the details of tomorrow's competitions, so I fail to see what we can plan for." Tilting her head upward slightly, she would look(?) at Kojiro before adding, "Have you heard otherwise?"

--------------------

@ Crane Tent:

Indeed, eventually - that is, much later than when Maru showed up, and probably more than halfway done the Go competition - Doji Koan would finally show up at the Crane tent, looking rather pleased with himself. He would pause before looking upon Zanzen, and the bandages that he now donned. "You at least made runner-up, I hope. I won the Courtier Debate with flying colors, and I'd rather not have to carry our entire Clan by myself."

--------------------

@ Post-Go Competition:

"Very well, then. I'll see what I can dig up about any possibility of brothers, and report back to you tomorrow!" Toyoko would respond with a wink.

Other than that, pending Seichiro intervention, no one stops Kyumi from her intended plans.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:42 pm
@ The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro opened his mouth several times, but decided it was best to wait out Maru's rage. Hopefully the Shugenja did not have the fire that Koyuki did regarding such matters.

When Maru finally calmed down and addressed the Bushi in a calmer tone, Kojiro finally spoke. "I had brought the matter up with Naizen. Neither of us were informed of further events after the Martial Tournament. Naizen may be working to eliminate such a gap in our knowledge."

Kojiro took a deep drink from his cup. "This is but the first day of the contest. We have other prizes to make up for our lack of successes in the games today. For example, I believe I've seen most of the competitors in action in the martial competition today.

Kojiro set down his cup as he mentally recounted the fights that he had observed. "The Mirumoto was rather quick to swear to avenge his Kitsuki clanmate's fall. Horiuchi Sayako can be goaded into a ravening beast under the right conditions. The Isawa may lack the necessary resolve. He seemed to fear the Horiuchi who was to be his next round's competitor.

The Bushi took another quick drink as he sorted through his thoughts about the other fighters. "The Kakita showed his eye and it was discolored. He may be under some curse. His fighting style didn't show it though. Of the Crabs, the one I fought was a one handed Hida that lusted for grand battle and tried to goad it from me. I obliged and he fell defeated. The other was a Kaiu smith who was well versed in armor construction as well as a blade. Naizen lost to him. There was also a Kuni shugenja. From the conversation she had with the Kaiu, she was more bushi than shugenja."

Finally, Kojiro thought back to his last match and took a deep breath."The Matsu is a male by the way, and I lost to him. He must have been trained in the Akodo school. Too much patience and too little fire to be Matsu trained. What did you learn, Lady Maru?"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:54 pm
Seichiro heard the footsteps of people approaching the tent. From what he gathered, it was probably Kyumi and the monk heading back from their respective tournaments, but it was Kyumi and her servant, no monk. He would slowly open his eyes, then stretched his body.

"Welcome back. How was your competition?" He simply asked.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:01 am
@ Crane Tent

"Semi Finals. It was to a Matsu, a male at that. One eyed and a great defense with twin blades." He grunted. "I did give him a nice slice. I also don't think he'll be as good at the Iaijutsu duels."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:12 am
@ Lion Clan Tent

Keith Valken Lionheart
Seichiro heard the footsteps of people approaching the tent. From what he gathered, it was probably Kyumi and the monk heading back from their respective tournaments, but it was Kyumi and her servant, no monk. He would slowly open his eyes, then stretched his body.

"Hello, Matsu-san." Kyumi answered as her attendant bowed to Seichiro before leaving the tent once more. "I had fun, but... I didn't do very well as far the competition was concerned. Not that it was much of a surprise- some of my opponents took the game very seriously."

She walked over to Seichiro and sat nearby. "How about you?"  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:54 am
Agent Sinistra
@ Lion Clan Tent

Keith Valken Lionheart

"Hello, Matsu-san." Kyumi answered as her attendant bowed to Seichiro before leaving the tent once more. "I had fun, but... I didn't do very well as far the competition was concerned. Not that it was much of a surprise- some of my opponents took the game very seriously."

She walked over to Seichiro and sat nearby. "How about you?"
"I won the tournament today," he said, with a smile, "but if what I heard was true, and there IS an Iaijutsu tournament to be held soon, I do not think I will win that one. Not very good at the art of drawing and striking as one fluid move..." He sighed, and shrugged. "Well, there's always next time, right?"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:11 am
@ Lion Clan Tent

Keith Valken Lionheart
"I won the tournament today," he said, with a smile, "but if what I heard was true, and there IS an Iaijutsu tournament to be held soon, I do not think I will win that one. Not very good at the art of drawing and striking as one fluid move..." He sighed, and shrugged. "Well, there's always next time, right?"

"Congratulations then." Kyumi grinned. "I hope I'll do better tomorrow..."

She paused momentarily before wondering aloud, "I wonder how Kan-san did. Has he been back to the tent yet?"  

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:02 am
Agent Sinistra
@ Lion Clan Tent

Keith Valken Lionheart

"Congratulations then." Kyumi grinned. "I hope I'll do better tomorrow..."

She paused momentarily before wondering aloud, "I wonder how Kan-san did. Has he been back to the tent yet?"
"No, I don't think so. I haven't been here for long, but he hasn't been back since he left."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:31 am
@ Lion Tent:

Indeed, Kan has not returned yet. As will be evident soon.

--------------------

@ Scorpion Tent:

Suddenly, almost like magic, Maru's mood went from sour to pleased. A smile crept upon her lips as Kojiro fed her the secrets he had learned.

"That is useful. Delightful, even. I did learn some useful things about my opponents as well. I suspect I know who won the debate. I think we all knew who would win. There was this Crane named Koan. He was... he was too sure, too good. He was definitely trained for such a competition, and probably the best courtier out of all of us. Maybe even the Magistrates," she would pause, letting the emphasis sink in. "But his resolve is weaker than he lets on. He was easily swayed by me. My feminine charms, if you will." she would grin broadly, as she would stretch her arms behind her, her chest pushing against her barely concealing kimono even more than usual.

Returning to her regular sitting position, she would continue. "As such a powerful courtier, we might be able to use him for our advantages. We merely must figure out in which way to use him. I believe that would be Naizen's job."

She would pause, and continue with the rest. "There was another man, Ide Jiro, who seemed taken by me. But... not like Koan was. Not in a pig-headed way. He seemed to be aware of more than he let on. He is by no means a bad man, but I... well, I don't trust him. I'm not sure why yet." She bit her lip as she reflected upon Jiro, but soon let it go.

"There was a second Unicorn there. By the look of things, she was a shugenja, like me. She carried herself well, even if she seemed rather spiteful against our Clan. A very noble spirit, but she was the first one out, so I didn't get much out of her. She's quiet and perhaps non aggressive. I haven't met any Shinjo before, but from my understanding, it's a unique trait."

Her face soured a bit. "There was a Mantis courtier there. Yoritomo Hisashi, I believe. He didn't seem swayed by me at all, which is... troublesome. Koan pulled his strings better than I. He's very opinionated though, so he might not be all that strong-willed."

"And there was one more, a monk, named Kan..." she would start.

"Yes?"

Maru's brow would rise in surprise as she suddenly froze up, her arms reflexively crossing her chest. The monk from the Debate, Kan, would clear his throat before sticking his head through the flaps of the tent.

"I... I hope I'm not interrupting anything. I just walked up and heard my name. I thought you heard me coming... but I might be mistaken?"

Awkward.

--------------------

@ Crane Tent:

Koan would nod as Zanzen explained the outcome of the match. "Hmmm... I think that might be acceptable, if the Matsu won the whole dueling competition. Please tell me you at least lost to the champion." Koan muttered, his face wavering between sour and pleased like before.

After Zanzen's explanation, Koan would sit upon a mat that was set up, and begin taking out the necessary tools and ingredients for tea. "How did the traitor Kenichi do? He wasn't at the debate, so I assume he was pressured into fighting with the other bushi. I might be swayed to consider forgiving him if he at least defeated one opponent." He would gesture to the mat opposite of him as he prepared for a Tea Ceremony.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:38 am
@The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro cursed inwardly as he remembered the old adages about stating someone's name. He also mentally thanked the fortunes that Maru had not rewarded him as she had for his other observations. Not yet at least. Outwardly, Kojiro stood and bowed politely. "So, you must be Kan! Maru was just describing to me the wonderful people she met in the courtier's debate and your name had just come up. I believe she saved the best for last."

Kojiro straightened and swept his arm across the inside of the Scorpion tent. "Would that we had anything to offer you, Lord Kan. What can we do for you? You seem like you have a purpose in visiting us. Perhaps you could enlighten us and then tell us a little about yourself? I wonder that if, since Lady Maru has met you before, she would be kind enough to get more tea for us while we talked? Or are you only here for a short visit, Lord Kan?"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:49 am
@ Scorpion Tent:

The monk would shake his head, holding up a flat palm to dissuade Kojiro. "Please, I am but a simple monk. No formalities such as 'lord' are needed. You risk much holding me in a higher regard than my station," he would casually explain.

He would then continue after a moment. "I am here on the matter of the Debate. Doji Kita was interested in seeing all the former speakers there, wanting to speak to each in private. I have sent Yoritomo Hisashi and Shinjo Gemmei on their way. I cannot seem to find Jiro-san, however. If you decide to take her up on her offer and you see him, could you deliver the message on my behalf?"

After appropriate responses, he would bow through the curtain. "I am sorry, but I will decline the tea for now. I must be on my way. I apologize profusely for interrupting during Scorpion affairs. By your leaves." He awaits a proper dismissal before leaving, however.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:01 am
@The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro nodded to the monk. "Of course, Kan. I would not want to keep you from your duty. Thank you for informing us of Lady Kita's wishes." Kojiro would politely dismiss the monk.

Kojiro would wait until Kan left before speaking further. "You should go, Maru. By the time you get back, Naizen will most likely be back and then we can plan in earnest."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games