Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Antechamber/Great Hall Entrance Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxx______________________________________

xxxxxxxxxxx Observer || Muggleborn || Single
                                                      xxxxxxx______________________________________

This day seemed surreal. Chocolate creatures that moved and owls that hooted constantly, walking through walls and oddly dressed people. Boats that moved on their own. Strange. Unnatural. Illogical. Fascinating. As someone who always wanted to know how things worked, and possible uses. "Magic." he said softly, curiously. But what makes it work? How does magic get passed on. As they boarded the train Cath watched every detail of the new world they were entering. He looked over his scrawled notes on his wand, on the robes, on everything. He still clung to his notebook, jotting down details. However in the crowds he could not see much.

As the boats moved - with nothing propelling it, he stared and touched the waves, he reached down below the black water. Nothing held them together but they moved perfectly with the others. Now they walked into a large castle and were walking the halls. The whole thing was intriguing, and the blond could not wait to learn more.

anbu_ninja_penguin
Quote:
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:13 am
LOCATION » Hogwarts Boathouse.
COMPANY » Pamela Gautreaux, Cathoir Killough and other first years.
WEARING » Normal outfit.
OOC »
Cara MiaKitty
Sir Spazalots

User Image

User Image

After tripping and using her face to balance herself getting out of the boat, Sophie was relieved to see that it appeared no one noticed her mishap. Didn't need to be known as the school klutz before she even stepped foot in.

Glancing around at all the other students socializing, the brunette girl sort of felt left out. Were they all talking about magic stuff? It was hard to tell with everyone chattering at once. Did everyone here have at least one magical parent? The teacher that came and explained things to her and her parents said that there were lots of other 'muggle-born' witches and wizards, but she wondered how much of a minority they really were in Hogwarts. Staring at a few of the other students, she wished that there was a visual way to tell them apart.

Just as she was about to summon the courage to strike up a conversation with another brunette girl with rather large soulful eyes, another adult woman came into the boathouse and greeted them, introducing herself as Pandora Thorne, the Deputy Headmistress. The name and title sounded familiar and Sophie recognized it as being on the letter she had received. She was followed the rest of the herd of first years into the castle where the Antechamber to the Great Hall was. Looking all around her, it certainly felt like a castle.

Honestly, it hardly felt real. She wouldn't be too surprised if this was just a very long and elaborately detailed dream. Or maybe she was in a coma. That would mean the dream would last longer surely? She heard a blonde girl next to her exclaim excitedly, "Guys, pinch me! This is too awesome to be real!" Smirking in amusement and at the fact that she could relate, Sophie obliged, and gave the girl's upper arm a hopefully not painful pinch.

Then she noticed another blonde, this one a boy say softly in amazement as he observed his surroundings, "Magic." This instantly peaked her interest. That made it seem that he wasn't used to magic. Could he be a muggle-born as well? She spoke up to him hesitantly. "It all just seems too surreal and fantastical, doesn't it? Um, I'm Sophie. Muggle-born, if that wasn't stupidly obvious. Are you? Uh-, not stupidly obvious, I mean are you muggle-born too? If that isn't too um, invasive or...whatever...sorry..." By the time she finally shut up, she was ready to go back outside and throw herself into the lake at the mercy of whatever the tentacles belonged to. Could she be any more socially awkward?

⊰━━━━━━ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ✖ ✕ ━━━━━━━⊱

Sophia Lin Knols

Distinct Browser

1,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:34 am
User Image
HUFFLEPUFF HEAD OF HOUSE || DEPUTY HEADMISTRESS || HERBOLOGY PROFESSOR

Once the doors opened, Pandora led the students into the Antechamber to the Great Hall. There was one more door, behind which sat the older students and staff. Soon, the first years would be joining them. As soon as the professor was certain that she had everyone, she started to speak again. "Welcome to Hogwarts. I'm so glad that all of you are here. Here is where you will be completing your studies for the next seven years. There are four houses within Hogwarts. You will be sorted into one momentarily. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Slytherin, and Ravenclaw. You will live in the house you are sorted into. Your housemates will be like your family. Remember that your behavior here reflects upon your house. Good behavior earns your house points, and bad behavior deducts points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points wins the House Cup which is a high honor. Now please bear with me while I see if they are ready yet," she explained before disappearing behind the second set of doors.

OOC: Please wait here until Pandora announces the Sorting to be open.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:44 am
User Image

Pureblood ☆ Reed wand with Sphinx Hair Core ☆ Dressed for Hogwarts

In the boat ride over when Aster had declared that Gryffindor was the 'bad a** house', Alice couldn't help but gasp slightly her eyes widening in horror at the casual dropping of profanity. It... It just wasn't proper! However, she recovered, as Aster continued on in obviously a good mood and once they arrived (indeed unscathed) at the Boathouse, Alice was about to answer Izzy, she honestly was, but the Deputy Headmaster came and led them to the castle. Alice stayed silent letting others 'ooh and ahh' as they were immersed into their magical world, and even she, despite having grown up in the magical world-and staying in it as much as possible- couldn't help but look around the antechamber with a sense of awe. Her thoughts interrupted as Pam, bounced around them demanded to be pinched.

"I... I don't think it would be very good to pinch you," Alice said to Pam quietly, "It'll probably just hurt..." She looked to Izzy and added, "Hogwarts: A History really should be on the mandatory reading list... but I suppose it isn't. But, I know the library has several copies so you can borrow that once the school starts so you can read it for free. As for houses there are..." She paused as Pandora spoke and then added quietly in addition to what the Deputy Headmistress said, "You are sorted by the Sorting Hat into one of the four based on what qualities you embody or value most and how it aligns to the ideals of the founders of each house."

"Gryffindor is actually about bravery and boldness and courage. Slytherin is more about being clever and ambitious. Ravenclaw is about intelligence and creativity. And, Hufflepuff, well they are good finders, but they also are hardworking and loyal. Well, Slytherins are known to be really loyal too, just in a different way," Alice added with a shrug. "One house isn't really better than any of the others, just different. Just like people are different." She gave the three girls a small smile, realizing she sounded a bit like Eira when Eira started explaining something, but that was a good thing. Then, Alice blushed realizing how much she had rambled on and said, "Um... well, despite where we all are sorted we'll at least have all our classes together this year."

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆
{OoC}

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

Lady Leannansidhe

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Golden Anbu

Friendly Detective

15,975 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 6:22 pm
User Image
This was it, the moment that everyone they had made the e trip from station ot her with was talking about. The sorting, it just sounded astounding. A hat that told you where you belonged in the school. It seemed like a very unique Idea, definitely not on that he had ever read before. It also saved a lot of time from trying to find where you belong. Dermot was more eager the more he heard the professor’s explaining of sorting and each of his year mate’s comments. Everything here was just Astounding and amazing he couldn’t wait to see what it all held.

To his right he heard his brother mumble the word “Magic” and without a doubt the blond knew what was going through Cathnoir’s head. He was probably trying to figure out How the painting were moving, how the chocolate frogs from the train had moved on their own. But Derry was content in just believing it had no explaination and that one wasn’t needed. After all it was called magic for a reason. Now he was stuck waiting for the Professor to come back to get them and lead them up to the front of the dinning hall.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:26 am
User Image
❤ Cathaline Acacia League ❤ a.k.a. Cathyxxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>
Time: First week of the 2029-2030 School Year
Looking: Like the Adorable Badger I am

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Cathy realized early on that she was going to be in trouble when it came to her practicals for some of her OWLs. She could barely transfigure anything. She froze up in healing and especially in Defense Against the Dark Arts. The whole thing was made all the more worse was that her brother was some genius at like everything. She loved that about him, don't get her wrong. She was really proud of David and found it really amazing how smart and clever he was, but it made her lack of talent all the more embarrassing. She was fluent in four-almost five languages-and could read books in Runes about as easily as she could in English-but she couldn't even do a proper Flipendo half the time. Charms came to her easy enough, but anything else... well beyond say potions (but that was like cooking and easy for her), it just didn't click with her. Cathy knew she could ask her brother, and she had before with help, he would help, he loved to help, but she felt bad about asking him. He was busy with his NEWTs (even though she was pretty sure he already had them studied for pretty much), and then there was that whole planning a wedding thing to Leo... he still would have made time for her, but it was Cathy's pride that stopped her. She didn't want her brilliant big brother to know just exactly how not brilliant she could be. It was embarrassing.

So, she came up with a plan that would hopefully at least keep her from failing all her exams and keep her brother from finding out how much of a failure of a witch she was. And if Wendy found out... ugh... she'd never live it down. There were classmates David had that were smart too. She couldn't go to Leo obviously because Leo would be a traitor and tell David on her right away. And Cathy suspected her friends talked to her brother too... or he forced things out of him. No, she needed to go to someone her brother would rather eat slugs than have to deal with. And that brought her to Theo Gibbs. He wasn't dumb by any means. David said himself the guy was a moron only because he didn't take full advantage of his natural talent. So the guy was naturally smart. And he was a guy. A shallow guy, Cathy could bet. Shallow guys liked helping out pretty girls. Besides she was one of Sophie's best friends so that could potentially win him points with Sophie if he was still interested in that. And why would he say no to helping out an adorable 'damsel in distress' such as herself? No real gentleman who had the ability to help a girl like her would, after all. And, Cathy realized from her first meeting with Theo, he liked to play the White Knight and gentleman. She liked that in a guy. It worked well for someone who deserved to be praised and good attention like herself, since she was the benevolent goddess type.

So, she waited outside of the Great Hall, early one morning, leaning against the wall beside one of the suits of armor, flipping through one of the new books she was sent by her old nanny sent that she had always enjoyed: 小时代2.0虚铜时代 (or Tiny Times 2.0). It was a good way to keep up with her Chinese by reading those books after all. However, while she read, she kept looking up waiting for the distinctive face of Theo and when she spotted him coming out of the Great Hall she shut her book, and pounced, grabbing his arm and said looking up to him, "Theo! So good to see you! I was waiting for you..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:34 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Seventh Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo had awoken from his sleep around an hour before that moment; so fortunately, he was able to go get breakfast with the rest of the students, something that sometimes he just wasn't able to make it to...due to his waking up late and whatnot. He had eaten very well too...well enough to make him think he would be getting up for the rest of the days after. Pancakes...pancakes...and more pancakes was what he ate. He loved the fluffy food and just couldn't get enough of it.

Finally finishing eating his food, he decided it was time to leave because he had to do some things before his day started. Walking out of the Great Hall, he wasn't expecting what had been waiting for him. Someone had grabbed his arm from nowhere, which would have led Theo to lash out a bit, but as soon as he turned to look at the source of the grab, his frustration at it evaporated. It was Cathy of all people, much to Theo's surprise. She told him she had been waiting for him...but for what? He had no idea why she would be looking for him of all people. He was very nice to her the last time they've met so maybe he made some sort of impression on her. He had no idea.

Smiling down at the Hufflepuff, he answered almost instantly. "You've been waiting for me?" he said curiously, still trying to figure out why exactly the girl had been waiting for him. "So...to what do I owe the pleasure of you waiting for me then?" He smiled down at her and gave a chuckle. "Because I'm sure you weren't waiting just to be in my company." He laughed again, for he said this rather jokingly, but part of him believed that he was being a little serious too. Not many people fought just to be in his company...and of all people, he least expected Cathy to do it, mainly because he was sure David tried to talk her out of saying a word to him.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

mc2

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:10 am
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

"Shì" Cathy answered in Chinese simply with a shrug to Theo's surprise, before pulling him back to her spot by the suit of armor she had been waiting at. "And, of course it is an honor and pleasure to have me, of all people waiting for you... I mean look at me," She said, waving a hand to indicate herself as she let go of Theo. She sighed, though and she made a small frown looking away, tucking the book she had been reading to her chest and then taking a moment to peer out from behind the suit of armor before looking back to Theo. And she muttered something under her breath in a mix of French and Latin that sounded like her expressing relief before she turned her full attention back to Theo.

"So..." Cathy said, a large smile grew on her face as she tucked her book behind her back, and she looked up to him, "I actually have a favor that I think you'd be perfect to help me with." She tilted her head and bat her eyes innocently before continuing, "I mean I could ask David to help me. And he would. He's one of the best brothers a girl could ask for and he's brilliant, but I don't really want to ask him about this, because..."

She paused and glanced away blushing and muttering, "Zài yīgè gāngà lǐ..." and then she looked back at him and said quickly in English, "It is sort of embarrassing, okay. So don't laugh at me, alright? I swear if you do I'll make the rest of your year a living Hell," She added her brown eyes narrowed and her adamant on the last part, before she fell silent for a moment.

"I..." She started and turning red before she began sort of rambling before she came to the end of her statement, "It's OWLs this year... and most of my classes I'm fine in. I mean I'm one of the best in Ancient Runes, and History is easy, and Potions and Cooking with Magic isn't hard, and even Charms is alright... I'm good with memorizing stuff and things but... I'm really, really worried about some of my other classes. Things like transfiguration and defense against the dark arts and healing... it's horrid! There are first years better than me I bet. I... I mean my entire family didn't even know I was a witch till I got my Hogwarts letter, they all thought I was a squib like Dad, so even as a kid I didn't do any obvious magic really. And David is some genius who is good at like everything and even if he'd be cool with helping me and happy to do so... I mean he's busy with everything else, his NEWTs, and dealing with our grandparents and their arguments with Dad since Mum died, and then David has his wedding... but most of all I don't really want to let my brother know how horrid I am."

She ducked her head and bit her lip clenching the book in her hand tighter before glancing back up and said quietly, "I thought if I went to someone my brother hates and probably hates my brother too, David wouldn't find out and maybe I could at least pass all my OWLs if I was helped enough. David says you are a moron, but he says you are a moron because you rely mostly on natural talent and are lazy. But that's basically saying you aren't really stupid. And to tell the truth, compared to my brother, pretty much everyone is lazy. But..." She took a step closer to Theo and looking up to him and said, "I... I was hoping you could help tutor me in the things I'm having trouble with and not tell David. I mean I have my pride and I really don't want to disappoint my brother, but it's kind of hard sometimes to live in his shadow when it comes to classes. Like in Healing... I'm dreadful at it, but David is some bloody prodigy or something."

"Please, Theo, please say you'll help me out and not say anything at all to my brother," She added, before tucking a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear and adding with a confident smile, "I'm sure I can make it worth your time if you say yes."

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:36 am

Theo listened to the girl respond in what seemed like a different language...one in which he didn't know, but from the sound of it, it sounded as if she was just saying 'yes'. He didn't have a clue however...for this was only what he thought she was saying. Then he got to watch as the girl displayed a lot of confidence in her own looks...to which forced Theo to chuckle a bit. "Spoken like a true League," he said jokingly. It seemed the family...well, the two kids in which he knew from the family were very confident in themselves, not that it was a bad thing because Theo himself was extremely confident in his ability and it showed. Everything the kid did, he did it rather flamboyantly, not because he cared about what the other kids thought; rather, he wanted to show the other kids just how good he was. After a few moments, Cathy had started speaking under her breath words in which he couldn't hear. A smile grew on his face as she did it, just because it was rather funny to watch her do it.

As the conversation progressed, he watched as a large smile grew on Cathy's face...stating that she had a favor to ask of him. What confused him was that he said that she would ask her brother to do it, but it was a bit embarrassing to her as a person. She also told him not to laugh, which he wasn't going to promise; so he stayed rather silent; that is, until he heard the proposal. Noticing the faint red hue she had on her face, he listened to her intently, trying not to laugh about it. It was amusing however when he had heard what she was saying. But then again, it probably was because Theo himself did not have a brother or sister that was a super genius. Theo didn't even have a brother or sister in general. But, he did sympathize with her because the girl had probably felt like she was in the shadows of some great wizard...and a great wizard David was. Theo definitely knew and the feeling was probably mutual in that respect. Both of them had this sort of rivalry going on. It almost seemed like an argument between a street wizard vs. a scholar wizard. The two's natural talents were very much the same, but one knew the theory around it better.

He had learned quite a bit as the conversation got more serious. Apparently, their mom died...David was having a wedding with whom he could only assume it was to Leo. 'Married at seventeen. Yeah, terrible idea,' he thought to himself. Theo didn't even know if he would get married in his twenties...let alone...teenage years. But it wasn't his room to judge that, because all he really was listening to was what Cathy was saying. It seemed the girl was very nervous and was looking for a way to learn without he brother knowing that she was having troubles. Quite frankly, Theo was the best option for her and Theo knew that. In his mind, there wasn't a wizard in that school that had more natural talent than him, the only person rivaling and equaling being the brother of the girl he was talking to.

Looking at her for a few seconds after she had said please and her last words, he thought it through. He thought about if there would be a better option, the only other person being Leo. He knew Leo would instantly tell David. They were apparently getting married after all. After mulling it over for a few seconds, looking off in the distance so that he wasn't pulled in by the girl's pretty chocolate brown eyes, he looked back at her. "Alright...I'll do it. You seem to need help in what I would call my areas of expertise. If you had any better options, I would probably point you to them, but the only viable options are closer to David," he said to her. He paused for a second and then started. "I'm doing this for you. Not anyone else. I want you to know that. I can sympathize with not feeling good enough at something. Plus, I personally rather you not be in the shadows of your older brother, because you are one h*** of a better person; that's for sure, and deserve to be judged as your own person with your own achievements." He said this seriously, meaning every word of it. The girl needed help and he would provide it. She wanted to be good at spell work...and she was going to be.

"When and where? Your decision. I could careless, but I'm sure you'd rather it be secluded so no one saw us practicing," he said, wondering what place she had in mind. Theo knew quite a few places in which they could go, but they were places in which he'd rather not divulge the locations of to a prefect. Like say...an underground tunnel. Fortunately, that place would be a little small and make it harder; so he knew that wasn't the best.

mc2

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 5:29 am
User Image
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

Cathy raised a brow when he said she had spoken like a true League and said, "What's that supposed to mean? I'm only stating the obvious. And mind you, I'm considered the one with the good looks out of my brother and me... well our little sister Leah is a cutie too but..." She waved a hand, "Sorry not that point." She shook her head and crossing her arms, tapped her fingers on her arm as she waited for Theo to digest her request. It was obvious he was taking the bait and comprehending the problem she had. Good.

When he said that he would help, she grinned, though she didn't exactly believe if it was exactly in his area of expertise. Well, he called it what he would call his area expertise-wandwork-so that meant he judged it to be. You couldn't really argue with his opinion on a matter. Cathy only hoped that he was as good as he thought he was and was a good teacher. And, he wouldn't laugh at her when he realized exactly how bad she was at most wandwork. Oh, she'd turn his life into a living Hell if he dared mock her for her weaknesses! It wasn't like she wanted to advertise she was bad at something. But better only one person realize how bad she was, then to get failing grades on her OWLs, right?

She tilted her head a look of slight confusion came on her face when he said that he was doing it for her and not anyone else. Why did he feel like he needed to specify that? I mean obviously people were more inclined to do favors for her than many, but it still sounded like more special treatment than she would have thought. What did he fancy her or something? No... she doubted that would be the case, she was gorgeous and smart and cute, but she was pretty sure Theo wasn't the type of guy who could overlook the fact she was related to her brother. Besides, she liked David, regardless of his faults-such as his inability to really communicate with people well and the fact Cathy was sure he had been spending all of her years at Hogwarts making sure she had no chance to ever date. Hell, David had poor Jean terrified of him!

However, Cathy couldn't help but stick up for her brother when Theo spoke poorly of him and how she was a better person than him, "That's not true. David is actually really great. Honestly he's the most selfless person I know. Even more so than me. Sure he's a bit prickly but he's actually really, really kind. I don't think he's a better person than me, sure, but I'm no better than him, either. We're just different, that's all. As for achievements... well being good at magic is more impressive with most of our family than what I'm good at." She shrugged, "I mean David is monolingual so I have that over him, but being fluent in four languages, almost five, is hardly going to do me much good on my OWLs, now is it?"

She cocked her head to the side and smiled and then as the conversation went to where to meet she jumped up once and said, "So you'll help me? Really? Merci! Thank-you!" She paused and said, "Well, we could always meet down in the dungeons, though we'd sort of risk being found by my cousin Wendy possibly... and there is this painting down there that hates anyone but pureblood Slytherins... I always change my robes when I am down there so I don't think she's caught on that I'm a Puff so..." She paused, "Well, there's always the room of requirement... that would probably be best. As long as no one else is using it that is." She looked at Theo and said, "Got any preferences?"

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:27 pm

Theo shook his head and chuckled as she asked 'what it was supposed to mean.' He figured he would explain to her just what it meant; so she truly understood that he wasn't exactly insulting her by any means. "I'm talking about the confidence each of you have in what you do know and have. David is confident in his intelligence, you are confident in your looks and other places as well. It isn't a necessarily a bad thing Cathy," he spoke up, chuckling and then letting the rest of the conversation progress.

She seemed to take some delight to the fact that he said he would help, but had gotten a bit of a confused look when he explained why he was doing it. He didn't know why. He just wanted to make sure she knew why he was doing what he was doing. Usually the question came up why at some point; so he wanted to knock out the answer just like that. Maybe she wouldn't have asked that question, but he did it just in case. He figured he might as well.

Theo chuckled as she started to defend her brother, knowing that she wouldn't be swayed on that because it was her brother. "Trust me, I know enough about him from our class together. I got the pleasure of watching him doing homework with you during that class actually," he said, shaking his head and chuckling. "I'm sure he is a great person, but to some others, particularly me, we would never know it. Only reason I have anything bad to say is because of since day one he insulted me. But that is not a conversation I should be speaking. And for speaking it, I do apologize." He knew he shouldn't be speaking like that about him to his sister of all people. But then again, David talk s*** about him to his sister; so really...no, he just shouldn't do it, nor would he ever talk about David to her again. As long as they didn't get on the subject that is. "Wait...you're fluent in five languages...that's impressive. Which ones?" He asked this curiously, truly wondering what languages the girl knew. He would love to hear her speak them. He did know she spoke french though, because the girl said 'Merci' soon after and he did hear a brief instance of her muttering it earlier, but nothing other than french.

Theo watched with amusement as the girl had jumped up. And when she asked if he really would help her, he just nodded his head, a smile on his face. As the girl started saying random places, the dungeon came up...and then the Room of Requirement. When she asked if he had any preferences, he just shrugged his shoulders. "Room of Requirement would be best. Never been in there, but what I've heard, it isn't used that often. Perfect if you don't want to be seen."

mc2

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:54 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

Cathy narrowed her eyes at Theo for a moment as he explained himself and she crossed her arms and raised a brow and said with a small smile, "Oh? Are you saying I'm not pretty enough to be confident in my looks?" She shook her head uncrossing her arms some and held her book in front of her and listened as he went on to explain about her brother, a small crease forming between her brows as she digested it.

"That's kind of weird you... ugh... so you saw me learning my multiplication tables or whatever? It's like you are one of my brother's childhood friends now," Cathy said shaking her head. "Well, if David actually bothered to make friends at Wetherby and when he was younger. He was more preoccupied reading Dad's medical books from his office and such, but still... Anyways, it's okay for mentioning it. I mean I know my brother isn't the most likable for a lot of people. He's bad at showing his good side to most people. I'd be a pretty crappy sister if I didn't know that about him, right?" She added with a small smile at Theo, before beginning to twirl a strand of hair on her finger and chuckling as he asked about her language fluency.

"I said I'm only fluent in four. I don't consider myself fluent unless I can pass as a native if someone only heard me speak. My German isn't there yet. Though... I guess it is hard to say that about my second language I'm fluent in Latin, but still," She said with a shrug. "English, obviously I'm fluent in, but there is Latin, French, and Mandarin too." She held up the book she was reading which was a fiction novel that was in Chinese. "It's really not a big deal. I mean, part of it is I'm fortunate enough to live in a family rich enough that Dad could afford to indulge my hobbies. He'd just hire nannies that could also tutor me in languages since I had the interest. It doesn't exactly help me in my classes here though..." She added with a small frown as she looked up at Theo.

The conversation of course turned to the more practical side, which is why she had dragged him into the conversation they were having now. His helping her with being better at the classes she struggled with. Or the part she struggled with. It wasn't like she couldn't learn the book work or theory-though she had her doubts about astronomy and transfiguration: math and science was not her academic strengths at Queens either. "Actually the Room of Requirement is used more often than you would think. We can thank Harry Potter and the Second Wizarding War for publicizing that one, I'm pretty sure. But if someone is already in there unless you are thinking of the same use for the room or whatever, it isn't going to let you in. So it is secure enough. For us and others... that way we won't walk in on something awkward that we might down in the dungeons. Trust me it happens. Though I think broom closets are popular too..." She rolled her eyes and then blushed at the topic she had diverged to and then quickly said, "Anyways, so the Room of Requirement. I'm pretty busy with being Vice Captain of the Quidditch Team and Prefect Duties, but I could squeeze something in during my lunch hour probably best. And since I know how to get into the kitchens and that is right across from my common room I could bring you a sandwich or something from the elves so you aren't skipping a meal for me... I mean if that works for you of course. I mean I'd make something, myself, but you sort of have to fight with the elves almost to have them let you make any food down there. Too bad, I'm a great cook unlike my brother." She shrugged innocently. "So, tomorrow, lunch time? I meet you up on the seventh floor? What do you want me to bring for your lunch?" It was obvious, she already had the whole thing mapped out in her head, and was confident that Theo would go along with it regardless of the fact she had asked his opinion just a moment earlier on it. Smiling she waited for his confirmation of her plans, though.

RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:41 pm

As the girl spoke, all it did was force him to put his hand to his forehead and shake his head. Cathy was reading way too far into it, but then again, that was just like what most girls seemed to do. "No...Cathy. You are very pretty, but you are confident in it unlike a lot of people: okay?" he admitted to her, still shaking his head. "That's all I was saying."

He listened to her speak about her brother and how weird it was for Theo to have seen the girl learning her multiplication tables. He chuckled, looking off into the distance. Looking back at her, he started to speak again. "Yes. Actually I think that was exactly it. It was brief. The magic we were practicing had us do it; so neither of us had the choice to do it or not. Plus, we were the only two in the class; so I mean, we didn't get to pick partners or anything," he said to her, chuckling as he said it. He didn't know if he should tell her what it was that they were learning. He didn't know if she pieced together that he was talking about Mind Magic or not. He figured he'd keep that point away from her for the time being.

Theo looked down at her, meeting her smile with one of his own. As she spoke about her ability in language. He actually was quite intrigued by the fact that she could speak many languages. It was impressive to say the least. It probably opened up a lot of career opportunities for her. "Well...they might not help...'here', but it could help you get a job in international relations for sure. And also, this world needs translators: right?" he asked her, hoping that she did see the bright side in her learning so many languages. Theo also learned that apparently her family was rich...something that no, he didn't personally care about, but it was cool. His Muggle family was well-off for the most part. They weren't quite upper classed, but they were upper middle class.

Laughing at the girl's broom closet joke, he shook his head. "I could only imagine, as a prefect, what you might find in a broom closet," he joked, laughing a bit more. "Well...brooms, but you definitely could walk in on something pretty bad." When the girl suggested lunch time, at first, Theo was a little hesitant, but as soon as the girl said that she could get a hold on some food, he agreed to it. "Is David that bad of a cook? And here I thought we didn't have anything in common." He shook his head as he said it, realizing that he just compared himself to David of all people. "Lunch time is great. And I guess I will just have a grilled cheese or something...I don't know...surprise me. I'm generally not picky with my food."

mc2

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:29 am
User Image
xxxxxxxxx <5th Year>

When Theo answered her question about her being pretty or not she burst out laughing, chuckling and shaking her head before finally taking a breath and saying with a Cheshire Cat Grin, "You're adorable: You don't understand girls very well do you, Theo? Or at least you definitely aren't smooth with them..." She chuckled again shaking her head still amused by his reaction to her question. Did he think she was serious? Her father made a living by disecting people's looks: she knew what was considered attractive or not by the most fashionable Londoners-and probably a few other cultures too because she read and paid attention to people-she knew she was more attractive than most using those standards. It was funny that Theo actually thought she was serious. A girl wouldn't ask if she was pretty or not by a guy with a smile if they actually were concerned about the answer.

As the conversation went on Cathy crossed her arms again listening and raised a brow as he tried to be purposely vague about the class. Did he realize how obvious he was? Or he was really obvious to someone who could read people well. "Legilimency and Occlumency? Mind Magic? Seriously, I do talk to my brother you know. And I do know his class schedule: it would be weird if I didn't." She rolled her eyes waving and hand, apparently not that concerned about it one way or another.

She raised a brow though when he said the world always needed translators: she had a feeling he was brushing off her linguistic talents much as her grandparents did as a 'cute hobby' and figured she'd go to the Euro-Glyph School of Extraordinary Languages that was in London for a few years and probably do history translations or something as a hobby and never do much more than that. Honestly, she wanted something a bit more flashy than that: she learned languages because she liked to talk and learn more about others, but she had more interesting talents she felt. Like her quidditch skills-after all, she was an impressively good chaser, even David had admitted that before.

However, the conversation turned lighter-more or less, beyond the mention of David's lack of cooking skills which she usually would joke he got from their Mum, but it seemed sort of disrespectful now... she wasn't nearly as bad as David was anyways. When he said that lunch time sounded good and he wasn't picky she smiled and said, "That's good, but it'll probably be more of the elves surprising you than me. Like I said, they tend to feel insulted if you cook instead of letting them cook for you."

She smiled and bobbed her head slightly as she did the slightest curtsy and then throwing up a peace sign she said, "Thanks, Theo! You're darling! Don't be late Xiānbèi!"

{Translation: (1)"senpai"}
{OoC: Next post the Room of Requirement?}
RedEagleEye007

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:00 am

"I'd be lying if I said I do. But then again, not many men do," he said, not responding to her suggestion that he wasn't smooth. He hadn't a clue if the girl was serious about the whole thing, but he was starting to think she wasn't. "Sorry...I know a few muggles that would say that exact sort of thing, but be very serious about it." Looking at her for a few seconds to see if she had anything else to say about it, he then looked off to a nearby clock, making sure that he wasn't going to be late to class.

Theo had been too blatant with his words and the girl knew exactly the class that he was talking about. It was unfortunate that she figured it out because he didn't know if she would feel threatened by him for it. Nor did he want her suspect that he was 'reading' her. That was the last thing he wanted her to think, mainly because he never really did use the power unless he had to. All Theo did was nod his head to her question. The girl didn't seem to taken back by it however and they just seemed to resume their conversation unimpeded.

The girl didn't have much to say about his career suggestions and nor did he after that. They just moved to lunch ideas really, to which he calmly listened to her. "That's fine. I pretty much like all of their cooking...so I mean, anything is fine." He let the subject go as he said it and it seemed that Cathy did too. Theo had to get to class and apparently so did she. Then, with a particularly unusual way to say goodbye, she took her leave. Theo waved to her and said 'You're welcome.'

mc2

(OOC: Yeah. Do you want me to post first?)  
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff