Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:47 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: Library - Study Area

Grace had been concentrating on her book that she hadn’t noticed Avian watching her. It wasn’t until he spoke to her that she looked up from her book. She smiled at him and secretly didn’t mind the interruption. She knew he was a Ravenclaw by the uniform and she recalled seeing him before. That was a given considering they were in the same house. That was just what Avian was questioning about. “Yeah, you probably have seen me up there.” She answered his first question. “And no, my OWLs aren’t till next year. I’m just doing some extra readings.” She answered the second. “I’m Grace Mitchell by the way.” She introduced before asking. “So, what brings you to the library this afternoon?”

User Image

With: Avian

Wearing: Cozy Casual

OOC: ---

Lily the Rabbit

Jade Galaksylph

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:26 am
User Image

Avian Zechariah Lovette

Third YearPurebloodMusic LoverRavenclawFirst-born

Lying in my backyard, head is facing skyward
                      I'd imagine all the things that I could be
                      A pilot or a fighter, an astronaut or writer
                      Anything except just being (me)

And oh, the bells would start to ring
                      Words came to my head and I would start to sing

╔═.♬.═══════════════════════╗

"Oh good," Avian laughed in relief, when Grace confirmed that she was indeed usually that student hanging around in the common room, "Thank goodness I got that right, I would look myself as a fool if you answered otherwise" At least he did figure out that she was a Ravenclaw, someone to hang out aside from Sybil... After all, his sister Nike didn't show interest about hanging out with her elder brother, which was pretty sad for him. "Ah, so a fourth year, then," He noted as he placed down his books and sat beside her, "Well, that was nice. You seem to be quite enthusiastic about your classes," He said as he looked as his stacked books for Wizard Law, Ghosts, with a slight disdain. Yes, he like reading books, but these books weren't one of them. "Avian Lovette. Third Year," He introduced himself in a polite manner, like he usually did, "And well, it was just that I had to study these things... Hopefully this would make me survive from Ghost and Ghouls Studies."

╚═.♬.═══════════════════════╝

With the *moon as the spotlight* that shines on me
                      And the stars were the *lighters* in the air
                      And the wind screaming loud sounded just like a crowd
                      And I swore I was already there and I'd howl at the moon

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thinking : "Grace... Okay I can remember that"
With : Grace Mitchell
Attire : Uniform

murruelecreuset

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

Grace giggled at Avian’s relief. She knew the feeling. Go to say thing and be completely wrong, then you just look foolish in front of someone. Smiling she said. “Just be grateful I don’t look anything like my sister… well aside from the slight similarities.” Correcting herself at the end she couldn’t believe her and Mira looked semi alike sometimes. They had similar colored hair and the shape of their faces were pretty similar, sadly hers was perhaps more chubby. Either way they certainly looked related though Grace had to admit Mira looked more like their older sister then her.

Giving a light nod at being a fourth year, Grace noted the books he had with him. “I am, most of the time. Then again I mostly use it as something to focus on.” She admitted before he gave his name. ‘Avian Lovette… Gypsy and Echo last name is Lovette.’ She thought as she continued to listen. “My cousin took ghoul and ghost studies, I’m guessing you aren’t a fan of it.” She said leaning on the table. Looking back at the books she noticed the law book. “I see you’re taking law too. So am I.” She added with a smile. “You, liking that class any more than ghoul and ghost studies?”

User Image

OOC: Sorry for the wait.

Lily the Rabbit

Jade Galaksylph

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:35 am
User Image

Avian Zechariah Lovette

Third YearPurebloodMusic LoverRavenclawFirst-born

Lying in my backyard, head is facing skyward
                      I'd imagine all the things that I could be
                      A pilot or a fighter, an astronaut or writer
                      Anything except just being (me)

And oh, the bells would start to ring
                      Words came to my head and I would start to sing

╔═.♬.═══════════════════════╗

Grace's giggle, being quite contagious, he tried to hold back his giggle as to not look like a fool of himself. But instead, he smiled and snorted. He found it funny about how silly it must be, going to someone else and speaking up to them out of the blue. at least Grace knew how to understand unlike his sister Nike. When Grace mentioned about her sister and about how he should be grateful that she wasn't her, he couldn't help but giggle, "Oh don't worry, I think we have a fair share of sisters that were probably contradicting to mine and yours, aside from the appearance of course," He and Nike had a few similarities, except the younger sister looked alot like their father while he was just a mix of the the couple. They have the same eye-color and the hair, even though in Nike's case hers was darker than his. After all, both of their parents were brown-heads.

"Oh?" He said surprised when Grace mentioned about her cousin taking the same class as him, Ghost and Ghouls. He was surprised about how he knew that he wasn't a fan of it, since he never told anyone about it. Maybe it was the face, but then, his facial features made people turn into a different direction. "Well... yes, I mean, it wasn't me who chose to get this class so..." He spoke with a small voice, then he was slightly enlightened when she finally said that she also took Wizard Law, "Oh, Wizard Law? I mean, I don't know. I was quite neutral about it? It wasn't that I'm planning to be lawyer or anything, " He just chuckled, as if he was just denying the fact that he didn't like Wizard Law either, "I mean, the only electives that got my passion are Music and Arts, those were the elective I really loved doing so,"

╚═.♬.═══════════════════════╝

With the *moon as the spotlight* that shines on me
                      And the stars were the *lighters* in the air
                      And the wind screaming loud sounded just like a crowd
                      And I swore I was already there and I'd howl at the moon

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thinking : "Grace... Okay I can remember that"
With : Grace Mitchell
Attire : Uniform

murruelecreuset

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:46 pm

User ImageUser Image

"ACUSUGNIS!" The first year yelled as powerfully as he could muster. The sheer force of the yell knocked all the air out of Ralph's lungs and a bright light burst from the tip of his wand. For a second, Ralph was filled with relief and pride. He'd done it! The match twitched. Then nothing.

All eyes turned to the outburst occurring at the single student sitting at the table. The librarian, from somewhere within the bookshelves of the room, "shhh"'d Ralph and his antics. The Slytherin flushed, embarrassed that he had made a spectacle of himself in a public place. It was one thing to practice loudly in his room but another thing completely trying to practice in a silent space like a library. Maybe that was why Effy and Tristan hardly ever went...

Regardless, Ralph was about done with his experiment. The disappointment of failure was not a feeling that Ralph enjoyed experiencing, especially in front of so many others, and he was getting ready to give in to the feeling of defeat when someone approached his table. Looking up, Ralph immediately recognized a fellow housemate: Raymond, or Ray, as he liked to be called. His green eyes stared straight into Ralph's, and he felt his curiosity heighten; why was Ray here?

“Have you tried visualizing it?” He asked bluntly. Those emerald eyes exposed Ralph, made him feel a little uncomfortable sitting there with his pile of books and mess of a space. Ralph felt exposed. He blushed against his better judgment, tearing his eyes away from Ray and back towards the textbook.

Ralph considered him for a moment, eyes scanning the words on the pages in front of him, "V-visualizing it? Oh, hm, I guess not..." The two hadn't really spoken since the year had begun, but Ralph was hard-pressed to think of anyone in his year that he did talk to. Lately, it seemed that he was more concerned with the upper classmen than his own year.

But Ray did have a point: Ralph wasn't thinking much about the match. He was so focused on the task at hand that he had forgotten to even think about what he was doing! Man, transfiguration is difficult, Ralph realized. There was so much to keep in mind when trying to change objects that the first year's head spun with all the concepts he had to juggle: visualization, speaking clearly, cleaning your nose, pointing your wand at the thing. Maybe transfiguration wasn't going to be his calling...

Ralph wouldn't know until he tried a little harder, though.

He glanced over the book once more (acusignis, Ralph reminded himself of the incantation's pronunciation), pointed his wand down at the match, and cleared his throat ceremoniously. Before closing his eyes, Ralph glanced sideways at Ray. He, too, was in his Slytherin school robes, probably just getting out of the same class that Ralph had. Funny, Ralph thought, that he came to the same place as me.

The mental image of the match becoming a needle came to Ralph. He tried to keep it there, focused and clear, for as long as possible, behind his closed eyes. With a deep breath, he recited, "Acusignis!"

A minute passed. Without peeking, Ralph addressed Ray, "Did I do it? Did I get it?" Without waiting for a response, Ralph opened his eyes and looked down at his handiwork. The match was only half-transfigured into a shiny metal needle. The eye of the piece of metal glinted with mocking laughter at the first year. Below it, the bottom half of the match laid there lamely, simply splinter instead of a sharp needlepoint. Ralph had to fight the urge to swing his arm across the surface of the table to knock it and all his books off.

He sighed heavily, but tried to take the failure as well as he could. He was in the company of an acquaintance, after all. The dark shadow of a pout was replaced with a smirk of defeat, "Ah well. Maybe we'll learn how to do it better in Transfiguration next class. I'm still trying to learn after all, but I guess you are too..." Ralph felt himself rattling on and took a deep breath to calm himself. He held out his hand, "Ralph Hastings. I'm sure you already know that, but it's nice to officially meet you," the first year beamed amiably.

Ralph was quieter this time since he was now aware that there were a few other people in the library other than themselves and the librarian. Judging by their robes, Ralph concluded that most of the students were Ravenclaws, hard at work. Two were chatting hushed in a corner of the study area while other students were nose-deep in books. Many of them were older, most likely studying for NEWTS or OWLs, which Effy assured Ralph they were both important and difficult. If he thought the sorting hat was bad, Ralph learned that there were more things to be afraid of than being in Hufflepuff for seven years. Imagine getting a job that you despised! Effy's voice reminded him.

murruelecreuset
                                                                  Raymond Ara Yuko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

Thinking about sisters, if Grace recalled correctly Avian’s sister was a first year. Was it Nicole? Yeah that sounded about right. “She’s a first year, Slytherin right… name’s Nicole?” She asked curiously. “My sister Mira is in Slytherin as well, sixth year.” She added. Surprising, they both had Slytherin sisters and they were in Ravenclaw.

“Yeah, he graduated about four five years ago. He loved the subject.” Grace told Avian. When he mentioned he wasn’t the one who chose the class. That was the same way with her taking muggle studies only she didn’t mind the class. “I get that, I have a class my father made me take. Though I guess it was more a mutual agreement.” She said before nodding her head. “I actually took law to become a lawyer.” Grace commented with a bit of a laugh at the coincidence that he brought it up. “Though, now that I’ve taken the class I’m not overly sure.” She added before taking an interest on his next set of words.

“Music and art…? I’m more the cooking and literature art type myself.” Grace commented with a smile. “I’m guessing you play at least one instrument, right?” She asked curiously. It only made sense since he took the music elective. Then again her oldest sister took music and couldn’t really play anything. She only learned guitar from their cousin and picked up some piano skills from her husband. Though Grace wouldn’t doubt her sister’s singing skills. Both her sisters had good voices from what she could tell. Not that she heard much of Mira’s voice, what with her hiding her voice and all. Guess not everyone enjoyed the stage.

User Image

Lily the Rabbit

Jade Galaksylph

Ravenclaw!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:49 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
First Year Slytherin
Pureblood

User Image User Image
                                                  Location : Library - Study Area

He’d done it. Ray had gone over and spoken to one of his classmates. Whether it was a mistake or not he’d certainly find out. Why he cared whether his housemate could perform a simple transfiguration was beyond him. He himself didn’t have a problem with the subject but then again he was far from the best. Now it was too late to turn back and Ray had no choice but to socialize. ‘Why do I do this to myself…?’ He thought as he stared at Ralph.

Seeing Ralph blush made Ray want to shake his head. ‘Am I really that intimidating?’ He thought before hearing his housemate question his very suggestion. Luckily he caught on quick, so Ray didn’t have to go explaining it. “Yeah, it helps… somewhat…” He commented feeling a bit awkward himself considering the situation he got himself into. Usually he was calm, cool, and collected when talking to people but honestly he wasn’t the helpful sort… No, he was the type that left people to figure things out on their own. Sometimes he really did hate himself for going out of the norm.

Watching as Ralph tried the spell again, Ray looked down to see if it worked or not. When asked if the spell worked he shook his head. “Um… not exactly...” He told him as he looked at the half transfigured match. He’d admit Ralph did better than his yelling match earlier on. At what seemed to be a big letdown for his housemate, Ray pulled up a seat and joined him. “Yeah, I didn’t get it the first time either.” He informed Ralph. Whether that was an attempt to make him feel better or not, Ray didn’t know. At least he was being friendly.

“Raymond Yuko, as you probably already know most call me Ray.” He introduced shaking Ralph’s hand. “It’s nice to meet you too.” Ray added before thinking things over. ‘If Ralph is having problems with transfigurations… maybe I can get him to help me with something… Fair deal right…? Yeah that might work.’ Pulling himself out of his head Ray smiled before saying. “You know I’m not all that bad at this transformation stuff, so if you wanted some help with it I wouldn’t mind lending a hand. Who knows maybe you could even help me out.” Ray only said the last part hoping Ralph would maybe be interested in getting some help and perhaps helping him in return. He wasn’t going to just out right say, “hey could you help me with something.” Truthfully Ray had a hard time admitting he had any problems in any of his classes. Although it was still early he could regrettable tell when things wouldn’t going as planned.

Status: Curious... Maybe we can help each other out...
                                                  With: Ralph

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

Vampire Toy

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                                  Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                                  I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                                  Slytherin!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:31 pm
User Image
User Image

Sɛƈօռɖ Yɛǟʀ Gʀʏʄʄɨռɖօʀ Cɦǟsɛʀ

Gid walked into the library's study area, sitting at the table he usually shared. He hadn't a book with him, but he didn't want to read. No, he'd chosen the study area for its general quiet. He needed to do some thinking. A lot had happened over this year. A lot he didn't enjoy. Rhys had changed dramatically, and didn't dare tell Gid. But why? Everything he knew of best friends involved sharing deep, dark secrets. Unless... Maybe Rhys had never thought him a close friend. Maybe he'd been used as some sort of cruel joke. Gid curled his fingers into fists, though he didn't feel angry. Instead, he let out a sigh.

As much as he tried to remember happy, quiet Rhys, the boy was shadowed by this mean, bitter kid. He looked like Rhys, but god... he wasn't. Gid crossed his arms on the tabletop, then dropped his head upon them. He vaguely wondered why Rhys ever decided to communicate with him. A sick, disturbed voice in the blonde's head mocked him, saying it had all been out of pity alone. It made sense... kinda. Why else would they have gotten into a fight like that? It wasn't a little spat, but a fight. Gid normally didn't condone fighting, but he'd done so... with his friend. His... what were they now?

Gideon quietly wondered about all his other friends. Most were in his own house.... Maybe they only liked him because they were forced to live in close proximity? Maybe none of them liked him. Sure, it was probably just a delusion, but he wanted so badly to have everything in order. The boy tapped his fingertips against the phone in his pocket, something he'd been carrying a lot more lately. Even if he couldn't use it, he felt it was a lifeline to his parents. For now, he'd have to settle for writing, and he wouldn't even have their advice until he'd had time to mull it all over anyway. His father would have something sage and wise to say, and his mom would make him laugh... Right now, he could just use their warm embrace. He'd never really felt so alone as he did then. It didn't take long before tears were dripping onto the tabletop, Gid's eyes pressed tight as he thought about all that was going wrong.

Tʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇs ɪɴ ℓιƒє ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ cяαωℓ, Lᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢʀɪᴘ, тяιρ αη∂ ƒαℓℓ
Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀɴ ᴏɴ ɴᴏ-ᴏɴᴇ ᴇʟsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ƒιη∂ уσυяѕєℓƒ
I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛɪᴄᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ωαℓкιηg'ѕ єαѕу ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴀᴅ ɪs ғʟᴀᴛ
Tʜᴇᴍ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇᴅ ᴏʟᴇ ʜɪɪʟs'ʟʟ ɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ єνєяу тιмє
Yᴇᴀʜ, ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ Lᴏʀᴅ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴜs мσυηтαιηѕ sᴏ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ cℓιмв

{OoC: Feel free to help Gid feel better. He just needed to be emotional for a while.}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:52 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Sιηgℓє
                                                          Looking Awesome at the Library with Gid
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Concerned
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ What on Earth?! ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

thєч'rє gσnnα c l є α n u p чσur lσσks wíth αll thє l í є s ín thє в σ σ k s ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          tσ mαkє α c í t í z є n σut σf ч σ u ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вєcαusє thєч s l є є p wíth α g u n αnd kєєp αn є ч є σn чσu, s σ n ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxx
                                                          sσ thєч c α n w α t c h αll thє t h í n g s чσu dσ ❊ ❊ ❊xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJazzy had her potions textbook tucked under her arm, along with a sheet of parchment, and a quill between her teeth. This particular hour was one of her study hours, and she did try to stick to her study hours very strictly, that way she didn't have to worry about studying any of the rest of the time. If she found she actually needed to study, she might take a bit more time, but as it was, that hadn't happened yet. However, the Gryffindor was derailed from her intended course when she spotted Gid and noticed that something was definitely wrong. Wronger than it had been at the feast, even. Her eyes narrowed for a moment as she considered just who might be to blame for her friend being so upset. It wasn't a very long list, and a certain Ravenclaw prat was on the top of it. She didn't like to call Gid's friend a prat, but from what she could tell, that's what he was. Not that she'd ever say it aloud, in case someone told Gid she'd said it. She didn't need him being upset with her for it, after all. Especially not when his closest friend other than her was being enough of a prat for a whole legion of friends.

spaceShe chewed her lip, debating; what if Gid wanted to be left alone? This particular area of the library wasn't very crowded usually, and it was generally one that was mostly devoid of conversation. Maybe he was trying to avoid people right now... Except there were plenty of places he could do that where he'd be even less likely to run into anyone. Unable to simply walk away, especially when she realized he was actually crying, the brunette approached his table, set down her books, and removed the quill from between her teeth, tucking it behind her hair instead. She then walked around to him, and leaned down, wrapping her arms around him and resting her chin on top of his head. "I'm hugging you. I dunno why, but I am," she said simply. If he didn't want to talk about it, he didn't have to. If he did, she'd already told him before that he was more than welcome to come to her when he needed to vent or a shoulder to cry on. She thought it was important to know you had friends like that. But she wasn't going to push him to tell her what was wrong if he'd rather not. He already knew he could, or he should know that, so she didn't feel the need to say so. She pressed a kiss to the top of his head. squeezing tighter. Hopefully, she could at least help a little with whatever was bothering him... She had a few chocolate frogs stashed in her pockets, too. Chocolate was scientifically proven to make you feel better when you were depressed. Not like it was a magical cure (haha), but it did help. According to science. Which Jazzy took very seriously, in spite of being raised half in the magical world and relying on magic more often than not. After all, unlike magic, science actually made sense.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❊ ❊ ❊ thєч sαч thαt t є є n α g є r s scαrє thє l í v í n g s h í t σut σf mє
                                                          xxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ thєч cσuld c α r є l є s s αs lσng αs s σ m є σ n є ' l l в l є є d
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ sσ d α r k є n чσur c l σ t h є s σr stríkє α v í σ l є n t p σ s є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ mαчвє thєч'll l є α v є ч σ u α l σ n є , вut n σ t m є

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:14 am
User Image
User Image

Gid was a bit disheartened... Well... perhaps more than a bit. He felt very hurt, to the point where even his muscles ached in protest. He tried to stop crying, but his body was shaking a bit as he sobbed silently. He really didn't want to get kicked out of one of the few places he felt safest. It was weird, to him. Why would a library's study room be a safe spot? His tears pushed through again as he thought about the many hours he spent studying here with Rhys in their first year. That kid was way smart... but now he was acting like a jerk. He tried to think himself lucky to have had Rhys' nice side for at least a year.

After crying like a baby for a few minutes, he felt something warm and quite comforting press against him. Someone, Jazzy he thought, spoke quietly saying she was hugging him. He let her hug him, even feeling a kiss press against his head. His mum did that when he was crying. Did all girls do that? He carefully lifted his head, careful not to hurt her chin. He looked at her, his eyes rimmed in red and a few stray tears slipping over his cheeks. He tried to calm himself down, but it only served to bring about another wave of upset. He moved to wrap his arms around the girl, placing his head on her shoulder to cry a bit more. Jazzy had always been a good friend. He was rather stupid to think for a minute she wasn't. In fact, pretty much everyone but Rhys had proven to be a good friend to him. Maybe Jazzy would have some sage advice. "Rhys and I got in a fight. He was telling me to shoo off.... and I yelled at him for a minute about stuff... and now he won't even acknowledge I exist... I didn't mean to do that, Jazz." His voice was nothing more than a broken whisper, the sound evident that he'd been crying for several minutes.

{OoC:}
Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:41 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Sιηgℓє
                                                          Looking Awesome at the Library with Gid
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Concerned
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ What on Earth?! ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

thєч'rє gσnnα c l є α n u p чσur lσσks wíth αll thє l í є s ín thє в σ σ k s ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          tσ mαkє α c í t í z є n σut σf ч σ u ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вєcαusє thєч s l є є p wíth α g u n αnd kєєp αn є ч є σn чσu, s σ n ❊ ❊ ❊xxxxxx
                                                          sσ thєч c α n w α t c h αll thє t h í n g s чσu dσ ❊ ❊ ❊xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJazzy had to fight desperately to completely shut down the "Called it" that was her initial response when Gid said that Rhys was the cause of his current state. She was very glad that the boy couldn't see her face, because she was glaring so hard she might've set the bookshelf in front of her on fire, had that been actually possible. She ground her teeth a moment, then kissed the top of his head again, rubbing a hand across his shoulder and back. "I'm sorry, Gid," she said softly, laying her cheek down against the top of his head. Mentally, she finished the statement, 'Sorry your best friend's a total jerk,' but then felt guilty. She didn't know Rhys, she didn't know why he was being a jerk. He hadn't been one last year, when Gid had first befriended him, which meant that he probably was going through something. She could understand that easily enough. She'd been a right little snot when her parents had gotten divorced, so had her older sister. Beth... Beth had never really grown out of it, she was still kind of a snot. Except now she was at the age where it was less being a snot and more being a b***h.

spaceJazzy released her housemate, and grabbed the chair next to him, turning its back towards him and straddling it, hands crossed over the top for her to rest her chin on it. "Gid... I dunno what's going on with him, but... obviously, something bad happened, and... and he's really hurt by it. When... when my parents got divorced, I was like that for a while. I didn't want to talk to anyone, I just wanted to be left alone. I was so, so angry, and when I wasn't angry... I was sad. I was pretty little, so it was a lot of tantrums and crying... My sister was worse. She hated my dad for a while for not just giving in and making it work with our Mum. I just... was hurt." She reached a hand out to pat his upper arm, squeezing it, not feeling like she was being particularly reassuring. "I... Whatever's up with him... He'll either move past it, or he won't, that's up to him. The... the best thing you can do is let him know that... if he does, that you're still his friend. If you want to be. Which, you don't have to. You shouldn't be friends with someone who hurts you out of loyalty. If you wanna forgive him or not, that's up to you. Same with him, if he wants to forgive you for yelling, that's up to him. But... I think maybe... you should give him some space. And maybe tell someone else, a professor or something, that you're worried about him." Jazzy hated to be the one to say 'maybe make him talk to an adult', considering how much she'd hated having to see a counselor after her parents had split, but... in retrospect, she knew it'd helped. Even if she'd hated it at the time. And still kind of did. Sitting in a chair telling some strange adult about her feelings when she didn't even want to talk had been an exercise in torture... but it'd made her actually voice those feelings, which had been important. She wouldn't have ever gotten over it if she hadn't done it.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❊ ❊ ❊ thєч sαч thαt t є є n α g є r s scαrє thє l í v í n g s h í t σut σf mє
                                                          xxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ thєч cσuld c α r є l є s s αs lσng αs s σ m є σ n є ' l l в l є є d
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ sσ d α r k є n чσur c l σ t h є s σr stríkє α v í σ l є n t p σ s є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❊ ❊ ❊ mαчвє thєч'll l є α v є ч σ u α l σ n є , вut n σ t m є

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:40 pm
User Image
User Image

Gid let Jazzy coddle over him, feeling rather glad he had such a wonderfully protective friend. The girl simply said she was sorry, then pressed another kiss into his hair. The gesture served to calm him, slowing his sobs as she gently rubbed his back. She sat backwards in a chair, her eyes turned to look into his. She looked really thoughtful, if a bit blurred from tears. She said something bad had happened, and then mentioned her parents divorce. His heart sank a bit, feeling bad for her. No one deserved to go through that! She said she'd been really hurt, so Gid pushed forward to hug the girl. She needed a friend too, and darn it! He'd be that friend!

Jazzy continued, saying that Rhys would either get over whatever this was, or he'd be like this forever, depending on him. All he could do was give him space... yet try to convey that he'd be there for him. At that, Gideon hung his head in shame, tears flowing again. He'd told Rhys he didn't want to speak to him! He told him he wouldn't be there! Oh, how badly he wished he could take back his words. If ever Rhys came around... why would he want a friend that abandoned him? In his time of need, too! Gid was a terrible friend! He should've just let the boy go back to his room instead of raising a fuss. Now he'd lost a friend. Jazzy suggested telling a professor, so the blonde nodded. "Maybe Professor Harlowe? I... I don't know who Rhys' head teacher is. Ours seems really nice, though, so maybe she can figure out what to do? Or maybe... just..." He paused, looking at Jazzy with teary brown eyes. "Maybe I should just leave him be. I said stuff I didn't want to, and it was mean... and I don't think he'll ever want to talk with me..." Tears fell faster, the boy feeling more than a little guilty for hurting his friend, particularly if he was already hurting so terribly badly.

{OoC:}
Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:00 pm

User ImageUser Image

"Hey Ray," Ralph tried it out for a spin, and liked it. He liked this kid. Maybe we could be friends, down the road or something, the first year considered, thinking it would be great to have a friend his age to hang out with. Especially since they were in the same house together!

“You know I’m not all that bad at this transformation stuff, so if you wanted some help with it I wouldn’t mind lending a hand. Who knows maybe you could even help me out.” Ralph considered Ray for a moment. The boy was everything that Ralph wasn't: he had hair the color of raven feathers, and piercing green eyes. When Ralph thought of what a Slytherin should look like, Raymond definitely took the cake. The colors suited him far better than Ralph, who bounced and flounced around like a bunny in a wolf's costume.

But Ray was waiting for a proposition, and Ralph had no idea what he would be able to give in return. "Well, I guess if you ever need any of my help, just let me know. We're mates now, I reckon, being in the same house and all," Ralph figured that was good enough to become friends with someone and he nodded in comradery towards Ray, "Anyway, it's just that the transfiguration professor is hard to understand, that's all. She might as well not be teaching ((PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE JAB, WITH LOVE -VT)),"

Ralph would defend himself on this one, however. He felt that Transfiguration was his calling. Well, maybe not his "calling" -- Ralph admitted he still didn't know what he wanted to do when he was older. But he loved the way it worked and how it made sense to him. Besides, there was the mysterious allure of it all. He didn't know what he would do with such an interest in Transfiguration, but it was still too early to dismiss his curiosity for the subject.

Just further down from them, a dramatic scene began to unfold. Ralph glanced over, if only because he could feel the emotions spark up in the place, and cast his eyes away just as fast, "Ah, geez," Ralph rolled his eyes at Ray and nudged him with his elbow, "Man, if I ever get that dramatic, hex me or something," the first year laughed as he stood up abruptly, nearly knocking his chair down, "Hey! You should come sit next to me in class and at dinner tonight... well, if you want," Ralph added sheepishly.

The first year began to shovel all his materials into his bag. Papers stuck out in odd places and the books bent in ways that would make the librarian flush with anger if they saw. Ralph paid it little mind as he rattled on in a hushed, library-approved voice, "Anyway, let's get out of this dump. Leave those guys alone to deal with their problems... ah, you'll just have to come meet my cousins, they're both Slytherins like us! Tristan, he's on the Quidditch team, too. Are you the only one in your family here at Hogwarts?" Ralph asked of his new friend, genuinely interested in Ray's answer.

Books flew overhead as the two first years moved away from the scene between the Gryffindors. They flapped like birds, soaring through the air with ease. Ralph wondered who enchanted them to be that way, and how he could learn to do that with his own books? That spell would definitely come in handy, he shoved a book down further into his bag with his fist.

murruelecreuset
                                                                  Raymond Ara Yuko

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:01 pm
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fifth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅴ Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅴ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

"An bhfuil tú cinnte nach mbeidh tú d'intinn a athrú, Linny?" asked Fianna, for perhaps the third or fourth time. The young, newly-minted Gryffindor was standing by the table, while Selina was seated there, a profusion of books lay scattered about its surface before her. Selina sighed, and answered, "An t-ábhar atá dúnta, Fianna." The younger girl's shoulders slumped, and she said pleadingly, "Linny, ní féidir liom triail a bhaint as ar broomstick scoile. Beidh sé briseadh isteach splinters an toirt I iarracht chasing tar éis an Snitch." Selina shook her head in dismay, chuckled, and countered, "Tá mé mharcaíochta orthu mar Chéad Bhliain mé féin, tá mé áirithe araon agus beidh sé maireachtáil ar an taithí. Thairis sin, tá baint úsáide as broomstick mac léinn eile do tryouts mar Chéad Bhliain sárú eitic; Bheadh an dá linn a bheith i chun é dá bhfaighfí amach. Ó, ba mhiste leat cur i gcuimhne Siobhan a bheith cinnte chun fanacht sa Halla Mór i ndiaidh suipéar? Tá mé ceaptha a teagascóir di anocht."

"Aye, I will," said Fianna mournfully, realizing Selina wouldn't concede; while the eleven year old Gryffindor understood the reasoning she didn't have to like it. Selina added, offering her little cousin a slight smile of encouragement, "By the way, I didn't let Siobhan borrow it when she tried out either, she did just fine, and so will you. Now, if'n ye don' mind..." Fianna gave her cousin a look, and said, "Busy, busy, busy, always so busy. Why is the bee also so busy?," before going off.

Selina shook her head, chuckled softly, and muttered, "So maybe I can afford to come home for Christmas this year," before turning back to her work. She started again to pour over her Potions notes, and reading over an article she'd located in a periodical she thought might be something to bring up to Professor Deschering in the next Healing Arts class...

OOC: Translations from the Gaelic:

"Are you sure you won't change your mind, Linny?"
                                            "The matter's closed, Fianna"
                                            "Linny, I can't tryout on a school broomstick. It'll break into splinters the instant I try chasing after the Snitch"
                                            "I've ridden on them as a First Year myself, I'm certain both and it will survive the experience. Besides, using another student's broomstick for tryouts as a First Year is an ethics violation, and we'd both be in for it. Would you remind Siobhan to stay in the Great hall after supper? I'm supposed to tutor her tonight."

[quote-"SummerIsles"]

OOC: Sorry it took a bit to get this set up for Ceri to meet up with Selina.

════════════════════════
                                            OOC:
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιfтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

ℓєт'ѕ нι∂є συяѕєℓνєѕ fяσм єνєяуσиє
נυѕт тαкє му нαи∂ αи∂ ωє ¢αи яυи

αѕ мσмєитѕ fяєєzє ℓєт'ѕ мαкє вєℓιєνє
ωє'ℓℓ αℓωαуѕ вє fσяєνєя уσυиg

ѕσσи тнє иιgнт ωιℓℓ ¢σмє, συя ѕιℓнσυєттєѕ ιи тнє ѕєттιиg ѕυи

The thought of Antigone had been burning in Ceri's mind since the first day of school. Something she had said on their ride up had made Ceri question their entire interaction... And she needed to know more about the girl. Call it intuition, but Ceri felt a kind of connection to her. There were a few people that Ceri could talk to about her, but the best option was Selina. After all, she was Ceri's friend as well as Antigone's... Ceri had seen them talking friendly-like on many occasions. Finding the girl was a different situation. The first place to check, of course, would be the library. Since most people in their year spent a lot of time there studying, it was logical. After poking around in a few of the stacks, Ceri spotted her target. She took a few calming breaths and tried to think about the best way to brooch the subject. After all, she only told Eira about her fancy towards girls... oh, and also Anti, but that was accidental. Walking over to her friend, she dropped into the seat beside her. "Hey Selina, whatcha studying for?" That was a good way to start. Something easy for them to both talk about. Get into the heavy stuff afterwards....

ι fєєℓ тнє нєαт, тнє ѕυммєя ѕ¢єиє
ℓιкє ѕтαи∂ιиg ιи α ℓινιиg ∂яєαм
ℓιкє fℓαѕнιиg ℓιgнтѕ fяσм мσνιє ѕ¢яєєиѕ

тнιѕ fєєℓѕ ѕσ яιgнт ι ¢αи'т вєℓιєνє
ωє ѕιт ѕσ ѕтιℓℓ, ѕσ ¢ℓσѕє, ѕσ иєαя

тнєѕє нєαятѕ ωιℓℓ ωανє ѕσ ℓσυ∂ αи∂ ¢ℓєαя
ℓєт'ѕ ¢ℓσѕє συя єуєѕ αи∂ ∂ιѕαρρєαя.

{συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя: ...}

Graydon Ironshield

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games