Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:04 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson strode into the classroom, ready to teach. So far, this class had seemed uneventful, however, he had some things in mind for today's class. He wondered about the students' resonses as he wrote the topic for the day on the chalkboard.

Professor Powell
                                            The Deathly Hallows

"Today we're going to talk about the Deathly Hallows. For those from Wizarding failies, you may have heard of them before, usually as a bedtime story. However, it would do to inform your classmates of the topic, since they may not know.

"The Deathly Hallows are three highly powerful magical objects supposedly created by Death and given to each of three brothers in the Peverell family. They consisted of the Elder Wand, an immensely powerful wand that was considered undefeatable; the Resurrection Stone, a stone which could summon the spirits of the dead, and the Cloak of Invisibility, which, as its name suggests, renders the user completely invisible. According to the story, both Antioch Peverell (owner of the Wand) and Cadmus Peverell (owner of the Stone) came to bad ends. However, Ignotus Peverell's wisdom in requesting the Cloak was rewarded.

"According to legend, he who possesses these three artefacts would become the Master of Death. The story of the Deathly Hallows was originally told by Beedle the Bard and subsequently passed from family to family as a wizard fairytale. Few wizards ever realized that the Deathly Hallows were genuine items. Most people thought that there were things that Beedle had made up to entertain young wizards and witches.

"No one but Harry Potter has been known to have been in command of all three at the same time, though he was never in possession of them all at once. Albus Dumbledore had possessed all three, but not all at once, similar to Harry, but he was never the true owner of the Cloak. The Cloak was handed down to Harry Potter from his father through Albus Dumbledore, and the Stone was left to him in Dumbledore's will, hidden inside a Golden Snitch. Harry Potter gained the allegiance, but not physical possession, of the Elder Wand upon overpowering Draco Malfoy at Malfoy Manor. Although Draco had mastery of the Elder wand for a time, having gained its allegiance upon disarming Dumbledore before his death, he never knew of it. Potter never made use of more than two Hallows at once because he never had more than two at once.

"Now, here's the question for each of you. I know it's tempting for anyone, but out of the three, which one Hallow would you posess, and why?"

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: So what topics are going to be remembered from last year, hrm?
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:08 pm
User Image
                                                    And you don't seem the lying kind
                                                    A shame then I can read your mind
                                                    And all the things that I read there

User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅱ| Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ |Ⅱ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text.

Pursing her lips, Selina thought about the question carefully before offering to answer it. She needed to choose, but choose wisely. 'Remember,' she told herself, 'he's looking for a straight answer, not an entre to a class debate ending in squabbling and detentions.' She raised her hand, and waited to be called upon before speaking aloud.

"I would not take the Elder Wand, as nobody can be truly invincible, and once it became known I had it, others would come and try to claim it from me, and I would be obliged to use it. That wouldn't end well for anybody. I would give much to see my parents and baby brother again, along with many of the others in my life who've died, and for that reason I would not take the Resurrection Stone. I would be too tempted to use it, and the spirits of the dead are best left undisturbed in their slumber. The Cloak of Invisibility I would take, if for no other reason than there's times I'd just as soon not be seen by people."

════════════════════════
                                                    OOC:
                                                    User Image

Candle lit smile that we both share
                                                    and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                                    But you know that it means so much
                                                    And you don't even feel a thing

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:12 am
User Image

Addie sighed as she made her way into History class. She picked her usual spot and made sure to save seats for her friends. The brunette was about to zone out when the professor began his class teaching about the Deathly Hallows. Addie's focus was suddenly drawn to the professor. She swore she had heard the story before but she thought it was just a bedtime tale told to children. Her mind started to imagine the possibility of owning one of the hallows. Everybody knows you're supposed to answer the cloak but truth be told if Addie owned the cloak she could get away with absolute murder. Think of all the late night jaunts she could go on if she had one. She was snapped out of her thoughts as Selina answered first. "Ugh, Selina you managed to take the fun out of it. Of course, you'd want to be invisible but it should be for a better reason than that. Honestly I'd want it just to play pranks on some of the older students." She said thinking of throwing things at her sister from underneath an invisibility cloak.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Location: History II - Thursday @ 1:00pm

Grace sat in history class as they went over the deathly hollows. Honestly she wasn’t sure which she’d choose if given the choice. She didn’t think much on the elder wand though, that was for certain. Taking in everything Professor Powell had to say, Grace took detailed notes as she recalled the story.

When the question arouse about which of the three hollows they’d want the second year Ravenclaw waited for her turn to speak. “Honestly… As for me, I’m tossed between the resurrection stone or the invisibility cloak.” Grace said as if trying to figure out which one she’d go with out of the two. “As much as I’d like to meet my mum I think I’d rather have the invisibility cloak. Being invisible means you can hide from your enemies, if you have them. Plus out of all three I feel the cloak is the most useful object to have on hand.” She added calmly. That’s what she was going with, even if it didn’t make any sense to anyone else.

User Image

With: Professor Powell, Selina

Wearing: Ravenclaw Uniform

OOC: ---

Lily the Rabbit

Well you certainly know what you want.
And I won't argue with such a mind as yours.
Ravenclaw!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:04 pm
The days get shorter and the nights get cold,
I like the autumn but this place is getting old,
I pack up my belongings and head for the coast,

User Image

User Image

Second year ║ Hufflepuff ║ Pureblood

Layton walked into History of Magic and took a seat beside Selina, propping his elbow up onto the table and placing his chin on his palm. History was interesting and all, but it was kinda boring, to be honest. He'd much rather actually be doing something, rather than sitting there and just listening to a professor drone on. Oh well. He leaned back in his seat a little, listening to all of the answers and rubbing the back of his head. Out of all three, he figured there was really only one good answer, which was the Cloak. It was the only one that didn't really have any cons, so obviously the one that any logical person would take. "I agree with Selina."

OOC:

Quote:

It might not be a lot but I feel like I'm making the most,
The days get longer and the nights smell green,
I guess it's not surprising but it's spring and I should leave.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:27 pm
Open the walls, play with your dolls!
We'll be the perfect family.
When you walk away is when we really play-
And you don't hear me when I say,
"Please wake up. Please look at me."
No one ever listens, this wallpaper glistens...
Don't let them see what goes down in the kitchen.

User Image
α и т ı g ø и e
¢ α š š ı ø ρ e ı α
ł ı ł ł α и т ı и e

яανeи¢łαωše¢øиđ чeαяρυяeвłøøđše¢øиđ вøяи

Anti was generally uneasy in History of Magic, as you never knew when a 'who's side are you on' knock em down verbal brawl was about to start, generally over something she tended to be on the wrong side of the line about compared to her classmates. She knew she didn't have a reputation as a bigot, or much of anything, as she rarely spoke up and when she did chose her words and tone carefully, but the subject itself was volatile and everyone knew it. Perhaps that was why Vander enjoyed it so much. For today, however, she allowed herself to fantasize about the cloak and all the things she could do if she was even more unnoticed than she already was. At home, the uncomfortable 'you will never meet our expectations' spotlight of being the sole daughter and middle child was occasionally shined on her, and Anti had learned to shy away from any sort of light at a young age. The darkened sidelines were usually much less judgmental.

OOC:
Quote:

Places, places, get in your places!
Throw on your dress, put on your doll faces!
I see things that nobody else sees...
Please don't let them look through the curtains.
Picture, picture, smile for the picture-
Pose with your brothers, won't you be a good sister?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:51 pm
~New Year~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:53 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: So what topics are going to be remembered from last year, hrm?
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:38 pm
User Image
xSera Maybelle Averyxxxxx
xxxx<2nd Year>

Time: 2030-2031
Dressed: Slytherin Robes
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Sera was early if anything to History of Magic, which was much her personality, and expected. Besides she always enjoyed History. Though some subjects of history peaked her interest more than others. When it came to the review Sera raised her hand and said, "I hardly see how we can be precise but not too detailed, it is a bit of a contradiction, sir, but I will try to follow your request. We discussed the Chamber of Secrets which was created by Salazar Slytherin and housed a basilisk." She gave a polite smile to the professor and sat back down, smoothing her skirt as she sat down.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                                            Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:41 am
User Image
                                                  Take all of your wasted honor
                                                  Every little past frustration
                                                  Take all of your so-called problems,
                                                  Better put 'em in quotations

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

𝒮𝑒𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒹 𝒴𝑒𝒶𝓇 || ℋ𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻 || 𝐵𝑒𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

════════════════════════

Zeph really didn't like History of Magic. It involved a lot of reading and writing, which never had been his strong point to begin with. So, when he settled back in a seat and heard they were going to do a review, he groaned. At least he could remember some things, right? It couldn't be that hard. When it came to his turn, he swallowed and spoke up. "We also studied the history of the school, as well as the founders of the school and the events that occurred in the last century, I think." He then settled back and waited for someone else to answer.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Ugh, review...
                                                  OOC:
                                                  Snow

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Even if your hands are shaking
                                                  And your faith is broken
                                                  Even as the eyes are closing
                                                  Do it with a heart wide open

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:17 pm
User Image User Image
Time: 2030-2031
Dressed: Her Uniform
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Alice liked history well enough. It wasn't awful. And there were some interesting subjects. Also, though discussions were common, Alice found she was fine as long as she didn't speak up. It didn't win Ravenclaw any points but it also didn't get her into any arguments either. So when Professor Powell asked for information, instead of answering, Alice looked down at her quill and continued to copy notes from what others said.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLionel Santiago Lira
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHufflepuffxSecond Year

"There are big ships and small ships."

Lionel walked into class, not surprised to yet again see Zeph sitting in the class. The boy sure knew how to be punctual. Taking a seat in the desk behind the kid, he looked up at the professor again to see what they would be learning, but it was not really a learning day; rather, a review, which Lionel wasn't always too good at. He usually took a few days to get back in the swing of school again in terms of remembering things from last term; so when the man told them to recite something they had learned last year, nothing came to the boy's mind. So, in turn, he stayed quiet and just let the others do the talking. The others seemed to have a better grasp of everything that happened the year before anything. And as they spoke, he recalled everything, which was nice.

"But the best ship of all is frienship"

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:00 pm
User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄DONT be a - l - a - r - m - e - d!
it's not the end of the world xx it's not the end of the world xx it's not the end of the world xx it's not the end of the world
it's not the end of the world xx it's not the end of the world xx it's not the end of the world xx it's not the end of the world
IF WE'RE BREAKING THE RULES IT'S FINE::I DISREGARD THIS PROBLEM ALL THE TIME
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxRULES DON'T STOP ME!

History of Magic. To say the least, Will wasn't very fond of the class. However, as he got to class, he saw that Zeph was already there, sitting in the back. Figuring the class could be at least a little more bearable if he was near his friend, Will sat next to the Hufflepuff.

When the professor started the class, Will did his best to remember what they had learned, and some information about it. All he could remember was that they had learned about brooms, but not being one for lectures, the boy could hardly remember anything about them.

ɢʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ʏᴇᴀʀ
ooc:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:33 pm
                          User Image
                          USERNAME HERE

【 LOCATION 】 history class x 【 MOOD 】 bored x 【 COMPANY 】 second years x 【 CLOTHING 】 uniform

Sybil walked into history class less than enthusiastic. Unlike potions, Lexine hadn't gotten her hooked on history,and it was still rather dull...not saying she didn't usually catch onto it, she just didn't like the lectures...she couldn't really do anything else in the class. At least in other ones they were able to do spell work afterward... As for what they'd learned last year, Sybil wasn't completely sure, so she just kept her lips sealed and doodled on her parchment, not all too interested in actually doing much note-taking...

User Image

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:21 am
User Image _______________________________________

User Image User Image

Tristan trudged into class and collapsed on a desk in the back row, not paying his year mates any mind. He was tired, bloody awfully tired. Having spent the previous night searching for tunnels, passageways and hidden alcoves; Lore's trickle of secrets wasn't enough to sate his curiosity, especially since neither one of them led outside past the castle walls. Of all classes, Tristan had preemptively decided this would be the best one to sleep through, there wasn't much more he could learn from a discussion than he could from the textbook, so why not? He piled his belongings on his desk, propped his textbook up and balanced it on its pages until it was a tent for him to hide behind and sleep. Halfway through the lesson, his light snoring began to drift up the aisles.

[OOC: ]

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          LOCATION:: History Class】 【COMPANY:: Second years】 【ATTIRE:: house robes】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 5'1", 106lbs
                                          ∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

Quote:

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces