Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Undergoing Character Creation Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Announcement on pg. 37
  ^u^ ~<3
View Results

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:18 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
arononkorr

Alright, so let me see what I found:
- Mage Armor is being added into your AC like Liz's was. You'll have to edit it out yourself, even though it's unchecked.
- I still don't understand why the musket has 2 different Attack Bonuses.
- Did you spend your +1 to an Ability and +4 to either HP or skills? If not, then you're 2 over your skill points

BG has made a great improvement. ^u^

As for anything related to multiclassing, iLL will have to look at it.
=n=;; I have no intention of learning the rules for it.

I saw the mage armor thing. I only put it there cause it was a logical suggestion. I'll fix it in a bit.

As far as the weapon enhancements, I originally put 400 of my remaining 5957 gold into the +1 and Distance. eventually i added Bane to it after some sifting through the gear. Bane improves the base weapons bonus (+1) by 2, thus, when used against Moustorous Humanoids, it counts as a (+3) weapon. but only against them. Others creatures it still acts as a (+1) weapon

And the site said that humans got a +2 to a single stat. so I put that towards my Dexterity. I also added the 1 skill point per level for being human as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:26 pm
Human

Ability Score Racial Traits: Human characters gain a +2 racial bonus to one ability score of their choice at creation to represent their varied nature.  

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:28 pm
arononkorr

I saw the mage armor thing. I only put it there cause it was a logical suggestion. I'll fix it in a bit.

As far as the weapon enhancements, I originally put 400 of my remaining 5957 gold into the +1 and Distance. But at the time, I had also spent money on a masterwork Pistol. I decided to take that off and recoup costs, which put me a bit over 2000 gold remaining, so I added the Monstrous Humanoid Bane.

Does that bother you guys that much, I don't see why, but I'll take it off if it's that much of a problem.

And the site said that humans got a +2 to a single stat. so I put that towards my Dexterity. I also added the 1 skill point per level for being human as well.

No, no. Having mage armor there is fine. The sheet is just glitchy and is adding it to AC when it shouldn't.

The only weapons with 2 attack bonuses are usually double-ended. Forgive me for my confusion. :/

There's a +1 to any stat from leveling, as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:29 pm
Ooh. OK.

I added that as well. I can't recall which stat now though....  

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:30 pm
arononkorr

As far as the weapon enhancements, I originally put 400 of my remaining 5957 gold into the +1 and Distance. eventually i added Bane to it after some sifting through the gear. Bane improves the base weapons bonus (+1) by 2, thus, when used against Moustorous Humanoids, it counts as a (+10) weapon. but only against them. Others creatures it still acts as a (+1) weapon

Rather than putting the alternate Attack Bonus in the Total Attack Bonus spot, you might just list it with the other things in Special Properties. You know it's there, and we know it's there. But the alternate TAB is just confusing... just a thought from the peanut gallery... nothing to see here... >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:37 pm
and from what I recall, multi-classing is OK, but they have to remain within 2 or so levels of each other. Otherwise the character takes a 10% EXP penalty due to his unfocused training. that's not a problem so much for humans, as they pick one class to be their favored.

In this case, Valia's favored Class is Witch. The favored class doesn't count when determining if a character suffers an EXP penalty due to unbalanced levels..  

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:39 pm
RafeRavel
arononkorr

As far as the weapon enhancements, I originally put 400 of my remaining 5957 gold into the +1 and Distance. eventually i added Bane to it after some sifting through the gear. Bane improves the base weapons bonus (+1) by 2, thus, when used against Moustorous Humanoids, it counts as a (+10) weapon. but only against them. Others creatures it still acts as a (+1) weapon

Rather than putting the alternate Attack Bonus in the Total Attack Bonus spot, you might just list it with the other things in Special Properties. You know it's there, and we know it's there. But the alternate TAB is just confusing... just a thought from the peanut gallery... nothing to see here... >.>

kinda did that, just made a note in the TAB that it's against Monstrous humanoids. The special properties was already full, and I prefer it to be easier to read O.o  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:05 pm
arononkorr
and from what I recall, multi-classing is OK, but they have to remain within 2 or so levels of each other. Otherwise the character takes a 10% EXP penalty due to his unfocused training. that's not a problem so much for humans, as they pick one class to be their favored.

In this case, Valia's favored Class is Witch. The favored class doesn't count when determining if a character suffers an EXP penalty due to unbalanced levels..

That sounds like standard D&D rulings. Pathfinder has no such limitations, if I've been reading the book right.  

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:18 pm
RafeRavel
arononkorr

That sounds like standard D&D rulings. Pathfinder has no such limitations, if I've been reading the book right.

I've actually been rreading the site I was given on and off, cause I have a rambncious 2 year old razz

Apparently you can add +1 per level to a skill or hp for your favored class.... can someone illumine this for me?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:28 pm
arononkorr

Apparently you can add +1 per level to a skill or hp for your favored class.... can someone illumine this for me?

That's when I said +4, but I guess you'll only be getting a +1 :/
Basically, when you level up your favored class, you get an extra point to spend on either HP or skills.
^u^ But!
Pathfinder SRD
Skills: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:36 pm
xX_Terei_Xx
arononkorr

That's when I said +4, but I guess you'll only be getting a +1 :/
Basically, when you level up your favored class, you get an extra point to spend on either HP or skills.
^u^ But!
Pathfinder SRD
Skills: Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level

Or human witches can add a spell to their familiar thats lower level than the highest they can cast apparently.

And technically wouldn't she have +2 to divvy up cause she is a level 2 witch?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:40 pm
arononkorr

Or human witches can add a spell to their familiar thats lower level than the highest they can cast apparently.

And technically wouldn't she have +2 to divvy up cause she is a level 2 witch?

Right.

And no. It's only when you level your favored class.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:46 pm
so, since she has 2 levels of witch, only the second one counts?

ok, that makes sense then  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:00 pm
xX_Terei_Xx

Valia Cordellia

How does she look now?  

arononkorr

3,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:13 pm
arononkorr

How does she look now?

^u^ Like a midget.
Her sheet looks good, though.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games