Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:31 am
Gendo blinked then looked back out the door. "I didn't pay attention. Let's make a note of it when we leave. As for the event, while I wish no disservice to our gracious hosts, their hunt was a bit heavy handed towards their own advantage, or towards those that had a great deal of knowledge of them." He nodded to himself lightly as he spoke.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:24 pm
The Kraken entered the store and looked around cautiously. "Ah...hello. I'm in need of a particular type of tea. Can someone help me?"  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:08 am
Well, she supposed she should have known she had this coming. No easy choices for the poor. "Ahmm... hm. What do you think, Daigotsu-san?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:27 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 3 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 3 items collected, 2 Banked Raises, -8 zeni
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 1 items collected, 2 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 5 items collected
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 4 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 4 items collected
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 4 items collected
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 3 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 3 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 2 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 2 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 1 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 1 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 1 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 1 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 0 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 0 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Kiyo tilted her head slightly. "There were very few Crane in this game; the impression I got, was that they've never been to Kyuden Doji before. Though I can't argue against the knowledge part. I know you just got here, but you'll find that things are often weighed in favor of the Great Clan samurai during court." She would do a little open-handed gesture, and add, "As it should be, most would argue."

Two samurai enter around that point; two men, from the Scorpion Clan. One has a mask that outlines the edges of his face, the other with a black, transparent cloth covering his eyes. The latter would spot you and Kiyo, and they would whisper amongst themselves for a few seconds. Then, they go take a table a little ways away from you.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

The young man running the small shop, which was more the size of your room at the castle, would give you a look of momentary disbelief, before responding. "Uh, yes, samurai-san. Probably, that is. I mean, I don't really know. It's not jade petal tea, is it? If so, then no, that's been impossible to find since before I was born."

He seems overly wary of you, or at least, since you said the words 'a particular type of tea'.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Shoichi would seem taken aback for a moment when his opinion was asked, then gave the three options one more study.

"I think the first, if you want to keep it. It doesn't get very..." he would gesture to the snow-covered roofs and mostly-cleared streets. "That, in the Colonies, right? So it might be out of place for any sort of official use, but might make for a good momento." He would shrug, then add plainly, as if to ruin the moment, "There are other shops, Himura-san."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:09 pm
"...No. Just...no." The Kraken let out a sigh. "What I'm actually looking for is a tea that would be used to encourage a pleasant night's sleep. One that would be used to reduce stress. Do you know any teas like that?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:01 pm
"That's a fair point. It would make a fun memento of this fascinating weather." she responded, pondering and completely ignoring his last off-handed remark. She wasn't interesting in explaining her reasoning to him again. Instead, she simply talked aloud for both to hear. "But I worry that it won't be accepted on account of not being strictly Crane colors."

After a few more moments of pondering she held her hand out and patted her fist down against it as if she were choosing Rock in a game of janken. "But what we Kraken value far more as a memento is a good story! Mister Merchant~ Of the two that fit the colors we need, which has the better story?"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:16 pm
Gendo merely shrugged and enjoyed his tea and the karinto idly, ignoring the Scorpions. After the pot was finished, he'd then address Kiyo. "Nice and warmed up?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:42 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 3 items collected, 2 Banked Raises, -8 zeni
--------------------

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

"Ah! My apologies then! I usually get two or three people a year with that question. I was surprised that it... well, nevermind that. I'm deeply sorry, samurai-sama," he would say, quickly embarrassed, bowing deeply.

After that was done, he would scratch the side of his head. "Erm... well, a lot of it can depend on... well, nevermind that. Hold that thought."

He would step to one side, crouching down and checking one drawer after another until he pulled open the third. "How much did you want, sir?" he would ask, looking over his shoulder at you.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Ohhh... hm," the merchant would say, stroking his mustache. "Well... this one," he would start to explain, gesturing towards the second one, "definitely has more of a history, albeit an uneventful one. It was passed down through an uncertain but undoubtedly plentiful number of generations of Crane masters, though when the Ivory Kingdoms were being explored, the head of a prominent House and his son left to make their fortune exploring the wilderness out there, but perished. He had several daughters who all married into other families, and it was sold as an heirloom before the house was completely disbanded."

He would then gesture towards the third. "This set is relatively new; a Yasuki patron had commissioned a local samurai artisan to make it for him, though the exact specifications of the deal are not known to me. Despite the odd requirements, the artisan did complete it, but the deal fell through. The Yasuki and the Doji fell out of favor with one another over details which are again unknown to me - though it was rumored to have been over a woman - and it came down to a duel that was supposed to be to first blood; however, they were both slain in a karmic strike. It came into my possession when a regular of mine brought it in to trade for a different set; apparently, neither Crane nor Crab want the thrice-damned set and I've had Jigoku of a time finding it a home."

--------------------

@ Gendo:

The Scorpion seem content to pay you equal mind.

"Uh... well, let me finish my tea first; otherwise, I am." Kiyo would try to hasten how quickly she was drinking her own cup, dancing on a dangerous line of burning her mouth in her haste.

If you are ready to leave, the cost of the tea plus snack would be 2 zeni.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:44 am
"Fascinating~ two tales of tragic loss. An ode to ambition and a sonnet of love blossomed with crimson karma. Hmm... but I rather like the sound of the second. Three souls locked so fiercely in passion that duty is forgotten and even the Kami decree neither's love was more pure than the other. I'll take it! It shall find a good home in the halls of stirring bardic drama." she finally declared, making a mental note to write the story down later...with some embellishments, of course. She would pay the man, collect his proof of purchase, and wait for him to pack up the set for careful transport by her side.

"I would hold that as something worth dueling over..." she commented idly to Shoichi while she waited. "But I guess a woman was the cause of the duel, not the tea set. Any idea what we should look for next?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:42 am
"Could a small measure of it be steeped so that my companion and I could examine the aroma and taste? My intentions have been misconstrued all day and I would like to know before hand if this tea does anything I ask via say......relaxing one's bowels or the like. Please forgive me if I'm blunt."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:38 am
"Take your time." He just smiles and waits. Once finished, he stands and leaves the two copper coins. "So, what's next? Any item you want to look for particularly, or perhaps a place?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:50 am
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 4 items collected, 2 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni
--------------------

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

You fork over the dough, and the merchant prepares the Yasuki set for transport!

Item get!

Shoichi would think for a moment, before turning to thinking aloud. "A piece of history, Crane colors, something blessed, something touched." He would look around, before continuing. "Something involving Benten should be easy to find here, as well as the art and goodwill tokens. Any of those would probably be easiest."

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

The merchant would blanch somewhat when asked. "I, uh... that... that really... I don't... we just, sell tea, um, sir," the young man would respond awkwardly, a bit flustered at what you just said.

Ruri would cough once awkwardly into her fist from behind you. "Is that how you Kraken speak when in the presence of a lady, Naohiko-san? Or is it just that such beverages commonplace where you hail from?"

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Kiyo would finish her tea, still rushing slightly but not as much as before. "Well... we still have most of the list open to us. Anything will do. I'm really not the best person to consult on these things," she would confess as soon as you two made it outside. She would make sure to get the name of the establishment on the way out so she could return here later.

Kiyo is true to her word, as her instincts for this sort of thing has been way off, represented by her +0 to your rolls, Gendo. She's more of a follower than a leader, so she seems content on following your lead.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 9, 1, 5, 9, 5 Total: 29 (5-50)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:08 pm
Looking about, he'd nod then start walking. "Let's see if we can find a market then, pick up a piece of artwork."

Perception/Investigation: 3k2 - 14
Target: Marketplace  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 2, 1, 7, 3, 5, 7, 10, 3 Total: 38 (8-80)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:01 pm
Naohiko would sigh and try to resist the urge to slam his hand into his face. "Forgive me. Today has been such a day that nothing can be taken for granted, it seems. I'm sorry for my behavior and I assure you it is not how we in the Kraken clan act normally." The frazzled bushi would straighten up. "I believe that six servings will be enough."

OOC:
Awareness/Etiquette roll 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Results: 15  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:24 pm
"Well, we have a token from Benten. I would have gotten something blessed while we were at the temple too, but everyone was gone. I suppose we can go looking for art since we're in the market, but... our funds have grown quite low. Hopefully we can find something acceptable for a few zeni..." she mused. Well, with nothing for it, she went out to wander the vendors in search of cost-effective art.  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games