Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark
Arc 3 - Glimmers in the Dark (Main Roleplay) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:37 pm
Quote:
"I could rightly ask who the hell you are and what makes you think you are qualified to meddle in these affairs."

"I am a paladin of Sehanine, and if you think I will yield when you make light of a situation where a person's soul is being jeopardized, you grossly misunderstand what it means to be a paladin. It merely proves your unworthiness to partake in this endeavor," Revenge would say.

He would turn his attention to Ruin and Kuori. "Ruin, it was a concession, but now I think the gesture was lost on these folk, so feel free to disregard. Prepare the ritual, Kuori. If they try to stop you, then I will stop them. I'll make amends afterwards, even if it's while removed from this location."  
SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:15 pm
"That would make a lot more sense... And explain why my patron never filled me in on devils. My master on the other hand was just an a*****e." Ruin would add jokingly. "Though, it doesn't answer how she could be a host and no one know about it for a week. I mean, I understand other things are important, but she had a blade that wouldn't budge. Surely, There had to be red flags all day long. And when it was known of you of another one of these devilblades, you let me go as if it was an every Tuesday event. Only now you are raising a consern for her, after I asked what are we risking our lives for. Admittedly, death was brought up. As a hope the then believed possessive spirit would just up and leave. With the enity gone a raise dead ritual could be cast to bring the girl back. As far as I know, there was no mention of any kind of payment...' Ruin would let out a sign
"Let me rephase, We came back here so we could get a spirit guide for the Underdark. Something happened and Revenge was made aware of Faeleen's condition. Faeleen is a nobody to me. But, Revenge wants to save her, and if he wants it I will support him free of charge. He asked me to find alternatives to death and invasion of her mind. In the end I asked the lady for other rituals that would help Faeleen's chances and wanted to know if we were was doing it for free or if I could get drunk afterwards, before heading into the blasted Underdark!"

"Introductions." With his other hand behind his back, Ruin raised a skyward palm, as he motioned to Revenge. "Revenge, Paladin of Sehanine, and all around nice guy. Known for great feats like; leaving the outhouse door open, facing down an army to protect a bug...," he was probably going to be yelled at by the sisters for that one, "... Having a nice singing voice, but refuses to sing. Saving a young noble from the maw of four deaths. And currently the most confusing person I know."

Then doing the same towards the mage. "Guy I just meet, student of the arcane arts. And wielder of an advanced form of Mage Hand. Known for construction via heavy stones, and facing a seven nation army."

Turning his attention fully to the mage, he would lower his voice to a whisper. "And I have to ask, Do you ever use your Mage Hand spell for netherland pleasure?"

(Religion; Monster Knowledge Devilblades 9
Killing time with dialogue  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:32 am
((Kuori would know that though she is currently in possession of the ritual, she lacks the ritual components to actually cast it. It also involves the participants to to enter a meditative trance to participate so they cant be engages in any other activity. It is also a bit cramped in the crowded healing ward to cat the ritual here.))  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:21 am
Rain Yupa
"- you think I will yield when you make light of a situation where a person's soul is being jeopardized, you grossly misunderstand what it means to be a paladin. It merely proves your unworthiness to partake in this endeavor,"

Those weren't the sort of words one hoped to hear at a time like this. Illikan lengthened his strides, but made sure not to rush, looking as calm and casual as he could as he strode into the chamber and let his stroll end directly between Revenge and the mage speaking for the assembled soldiers. Shield was on- but he made no motions to reach for his hammer.

Tempers and voices seemed raised- though he wasn't exactly sure of the details of the issue here.

"Gentlemen," he said nonchalantly with a nod to each party, and a separate one for Ruin who seemed to be trying to mediate- though his usual tone was perhaps a little unfortunate in that regard. "I'd remind you we are in the middle of a medical ward."

A nod for the healers and patients who were likely none at all put to ease by the sharp tones and air of violence growing.

"I heard Faeleen was in peril. I heard she acquitted herself valorously at the invasion, and I'd be honored to join her in this battle- even if the terrain might not be to our best liking."  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:06 pm
Arriving at the healing ward Valac threw the doors dramatically, wearing a dumb grin on his face as he sarcastically proclaimed to the room, "What makes you lot think you can summon me like some sort of cur..."

Then Valac realised the tension in the air and weird stand off the party was having with some other party and Valac begun slowly instinctively reaching for a weapon but asked Revenge, "You alright?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:05 pm
Revenge would adjust his grip on his blade a bit upon Ilikan's and Valac's entrance. He would then sheath his weapon. "I'm fine, but there's someone who's not. I intend to help her and save her soul, but I've found myself in a compromised position. They opt instead to send in some soldiers that, while I'm sure can handle themselves in a physical battlefield, I find lacking the necessary talents to handle a battle on a spiritual one."

A slight smirk. "Oh, that's why I sent for you. It's a demon - or possibly devil - who's a** needs kicking. I'm sure they won't hesitate to deny you that glory." Back to a frown. "Ilikan, you have an air of virtue about you, and you seem to care about doing the right thing, so that's why I wanted you in on this. I sincerely believe your heart would be stronger than any shield or sword in a battle of the metaphysical."

Frowning intensifies. "They asked for our aid, then withdrew the request. Unfortunately, I cannot yield in this matter. You may need to fight against me, Ilikan, since I am adamant about doing this. You've earned the right to know that."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:53 pm
((When Illikan walks into the room he recognizes the mage. His name is Alabaster and he is one of the wizards that was loaned from Aria to combat the Underdark invasion. Though you did not fight alongside him personally you did hear tales of his heroic efforts during the battle that finally drove the invading army back. Illikan also does not personally know the other five soldiers with him but he does recognize them as some of the top fighters in the fort.))

To Ruin, the mage would respond. "Trust me, when I'm talking about these devil-soul infused weapons, it is something quite different than what you posses, Hexblade. As for how this was missed, I don't have a good answer. It's just a sliver of the weapon after all and these weapons, for the most part, don't look that different from any other magically enchanted weapon unless you know what to look for." As for the rest of Ruin's more silly comment the mage would ignore him. ((Ruin's knowledge check doesn't reveal anything.))

Once Illikan makes his entrance, the mage would comment. "Ah, Illikan, its good you're here; we could always use another hand. Why this paladin wishes to initiate violence in our hospital is lost on me as well."

After Revenge speaks again, the mage would put his hand to his forehead and sigh. "Apparently you missed the entirety of what I just said a moment ago. The only thing we are denying is for you to try and do this all by yourself. I already said you are more than welcome to partake in the ritual and help us defeat whatever is harming Faeleen. I don't have time to explain the intricacies of the ritual but physical combat is a big part of it. I've have already performed with these men exorcising several of these devil-infused weapons so stop thinking that we don't know what we are doing."

The mage would speak the to healers attending Faeleen. "Move the patient to the fort's church. That is the bast place to perform this operation." The mage would then tell one of the soldiers, "Get the ritual supplies needed from Maggie." He would then finally address Kuori. "Please return the ritual to the clerk. I already know how to cast it so we won't be needing it. As I've already stated you are all welcome to help us defeat this devil but please don't hinder us from helping Faeleen anymore."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:28 pm
Illikan stood his ground, nodding slightly as Revenge spoke. "Maybe. Maybe," his only interruption in response to the concern or praise. He didn't take the warning for any provocation, but stood his ground with another nod. When Alabaster took his turn, he turned his head that direction. He let him get through the offer for Revenge to join them yet, and the explanation of their experience in these rituals before saying anything more.

"There you have it. Sounds like miscommunication to me. Alabaster, my friend here is genuine in his concern. He's also one of the best I've seen for holding a van, and his blessings may be of particular use here. We'd be a fool not to have him along. Revenge," he says, turning back to the tiefling. He didn't have much charm to his tone or any flash, but he hoped the virtues of the men would speak for themselves given an in-between to cut the friction. "Does this satisfy you? If it's a concern for their safety, these men are soldier's choosing risk to aid a comrade. It's not our place to make that choice for them. If either of you still insist on settling the matter with steel, I find it foolish, but I'll be happy to stand aside and go in with whomever is still ready when you're done- as long as you take it outside. I'm sure the boys wouldn't complain of the entertainment."  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:52 pm
Revenge's jaw would drop.

"You've done this before?!"

His fists would clench and he would shake angrily, his tail swatting a nearby bedpost. "Don't have time... think I'm not..."

Teeth would grind together.

"THEN WHY" he would start to raise his voice, before remembering where he was. He would loosen up slightly.

"If you've done this exact process before, then why not state that from the very start instead of wasting time passing yourselves off as a simple-minded heartless imbecile with no grasp of the gravity of what is at stake?? If you had, then maybe you would have had time to explain the 'intricacies' and not wasted everyone's time here." He hissed. "And why get us involved when we are on a mission of importance of our own, when you have people who are practiced at this very task??"

Revenge would let out a very forced groan. "I will still assist if desired because it is the right thing to do; but I know rituals take some preparation time, and half the people in this room have sought to spike my blood pressure, so I need some air. Come get me if you have need of me."

Revenge would then exit the building.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:19 am
Ruin would let out a sigh of equal parts relieved and vexed, at the outcome of the whole afair. "When everything is ready and if Revenge is still going along with the plan. Please, send up a heavy thing into the air... I have a young woman to find, before she gets into trouble." He would state before leaving to find the woman Revenge sent to find him.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PupSage rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:18 pm
Kuori nods, "Sure, sure, just uh, one thing." She pats the mage on the shoulder, slipping her hand behind his head and slamming her helmed head into his face, "Learn how to cast the manners and common decency rituals next time a*****e." She looks to the others, pulling her hand away from the mage and placing it on her weapon. "They say that they've got it handled, however impolite they may have put it. So lets finish what we were doing and head out before I have to call for a formal duel with the mannerless mage."

[21 to hit]  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:26 pm
Kuori knocks the mage the ground where he clutches his bleeding face, the five heavily armed soldiers with him draw their weapons. The healers look on in disbelief before some of them start trying to clear the injured patients out of the room.

((Everyone Roll Initiative, keep in mind there has not been an extended rest yet so the daily powers you expended earlier are still gone.))  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 3 Total: 8 (2-40)

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:46 pm
Kuori holds up her hands and says, "Its not like every single one of you hasn't wanted to hit him before. With an attitude like his I venture that your job is the only thing keeping you from doing it. I would like to remind you though, that given all the time this fine specimen of inflated ego has wasted already that you likely cannot afford any further delays before enacting the ritual."

Init: 9
Diplomacy: 13  
SCN_ Grey_fox rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:38 pm
(Ignore if you need to be trained to use Aid Another}

"She has a point. You came here to save a life. Kuori can cast that spell just the same as your mage." Ruin would say in his ally's defense. "So, lets save a life. And if you still want to seek retaliation afterwards, we will dance to your hearts delite."

Diplomacy; 23 It was just a headbutt! There is a soldier who is in need of aid!
Init= 10  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 3:54 pm
Hospitality Revoked
User Image
The yellow lines are doors. The beds are difficult terrain to walk over. The chairs outside are difficult terrain and the tables outside take a 5 athletics check to climb on top of. H's are healers, IS's are injured soldiers, F is Faeleen.C is the ritual clerk. S's are reglualer soldiers working outside. I is Irene. Map info to be updated as needed.

Initiative Order
Alabaster:
Ilikan HP:60/75,
Elite Soldiers:
Revenge HP:64/65,
Ruin HP: 50/59,
Valac: HP: 69/69,
Kuori HP: 39/54, prone
Irene:
Everyone else:

The Mage, still clutching his face, waves one of his hands and Kuori is sent flying across the room . The ritual book flies from her hands and goliath lands back to the ground with a bone crunching thud (10 damage, Prone). The ritual clerk sees this from her office and jumps in surprise. she stammers out. "T-thats the one that threaten to take the patent's life if I didn't give her the ritual she wanted!"

The mage then stands up and says an order to his soldiers. "Take her to the brig. If she resists, convince her of the error of her ways. Two of the heavily armored soldiers slide next to Kouri. They are wield large mauls and look quite ready to carry out their superiors orders.

Outside Revenge's breath of fresh air is cut short by a loud crash from within the healing ward building. Irene, who is sitting at one of the tables, looks up at him and asks. "What was that?"

((Ilikan up!))  
[D&D 4e] Glimmers in the Dark

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games