Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Movies TV Shows Books Comics
Dr. Who - a show for the truly decrepit Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Dr. Who?
I don't like anybody.
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
Didn't he have something to do with pledge drives?
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
I don't watch medical shows.
2%
 2%  [ 7 ]
I heard he went crazy and lived in Obi-Wan's attic.
10%
 10%  [ 31 ]
Sure. Lots. Now gimme my poll gold.
24%
 24%  [ 74 ]
Exterminate! Exterminate!
56%
 56%  [ 168 ]
Total Votes : 300

Eirwyn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:08 pm
That was a book where the 7th Doctor hid from some aliens by making himself Human & living on Earth with no true memory of himself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:53 pm
no no, the episode called Gridlock aired well before the one based on that book. Gridlock was a single episode, the other was a two parter. It was pretty awesome too, though. biggrin  

Velouria Dragoon

Eirwyn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:34 pm
I thought we were talking about the recent episodes. I know the ones based on the book were episodes 8 & 9.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:21 pm
Actually Gridlock was episode 3 and I really liked that one. Still episodes 8 and 9 were great episodes too. I shed a tear for the Doctor in episode 9. He can have every great and awesome life imaginable except the best one... cry
The novel that those were based on... You say it was written for the 7th doctor. Did they have to change it alot to fit this incarnation of the Doctor or his companion? I haven't really read any of the novels.

Captain Jack is going to be in Doctor Who again... That will be an interesting episode for sure. Can't wait for that one. I am one of the few people I know who watches Torchwood, though. (well watched anyhow lol. It's between seasons right now)  

Velouria Dragoon

Catira Norr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:01 pm
Ah, I actually caught up with Torchwood while I was in the UK last month. Hope it comes to the US, I thought it was quite addictive - although, as a mother, Jack Harkness has a lot to do to get back into my good books after the episode with the fairies evil  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:43 pm
Yes, as a mother I thought that episode with the fairies had a rather disturbing ending. 3nodding

I am in the US, and we just download it from the torrents. I have the feeling that Torchwood will never really come to the US the way Doctor Who eventually does.  

Velouria Dragoon

Eirwyn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:37 pm
I thought Rhiannon had said something about Torchwood on SciFi, but I don't know for sure. I know she said series 3 is coming up soon on SciFi.

It's been AGES since I read that book. I'm afraid I couldn't say much about it. I remember someone over at the DWG saying DT seemed more 7-ish in that story, though.
Still haven't received episode 9. gonk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:49 am
You guys can get all the episodes from the torrents. It is what we have done. Who wants to wait? xd  

Velouria Dragoon

Eirwyn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:48 pm
Yeah, but I have a slow dial-up connection. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:54 pm
ah, well slow dial up connection is understandble then. You're doing alot of waiting either way... Back when we had dialup, I thought why switch... Believe me it is more than worth the $ and I would never go back. But you gotta do what's best for you I suppose.  

Velouria Dragoon

Eirwyn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:57 pm
Yeah, especially since I'm unemployed now... & I get Juno Web for $4.95 a month. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:54 am
*huggles* well its good to see you're around then. 3nodding xd  

Velouria Dragoon

Eirwyn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:43 pm
smile I'm really lucky to have friends in the UK making DVD recordings of the episodes & Confidentials for me. :WHEE:  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:18 am
Wow, now that is awesome. xd 3nodding  

Velouria Dragoon

Velouria Dragoon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:25 am
OMG... the most recent episode of Doctor Who... (I think it was 11?) yeah, don't wanna hand out spoilers but OMG! lol  
Movies TV Shows Books Comics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games