Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
:.: Abigail's Nine :.: {Accepting/Open} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:11 pm
(Sorry! I'll be on much more regularly this week, I had the week off last week AND got sick >.> which is usually how it happens now that I think about it, but to make up for it! A super long post! sweatdrop ).

_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
Elodie looked up and skimmed her hands on the front of her overalls to get rid of anymore scraps of sawdust or the plain old gray kind.

"Oh the cartons?" She said not really asking, but stating it as if clarifying the question . She tilted her head over to see under her hat a little more clearly.

The boy who'd approached her looked a bit young, but also a bit gangly in the way that indicated a growth spurt, or a general lack of healthy regular meals. But his face was nice and he showed potential, if only with the obvious facts that he was polite and appeared kind.

"They're mostly just some small rough frames made from scrap wood, a couple roughly carved pieces with some doodles. That sort of thing." Eoldie shrugged a single shoulder in the 'have at it' way of someone who had dismissed the contents of the carton for herself but knew that one girl's junk was anothers....farmer's market find.

But her curiosity got the best of her. "Why? What are you looking for?" she asked tilting her head the other way letting the sun cut diagonally across her face with the hat shadowing the rest.

Elodie was not above making friends anywhere. Blatant friendliness was almost a part of her job description. Plus who didn't like a good treasure hunt? As her frame idea wasn't exactly panning out, maybe she could salvage her day by helping someone else.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:24 pm
User Image

Once upon a time there was a girl
You really wouldn't call her typical
Had her own definition of cool
She lived in her own world

Miranda moved closer to the girl who was talking with Mark. "We're looking for something along the lines of a crystal sheet." She smiled slightly. "I know, it's odd. But it's for a project of mine." She held her hand out to the girl, sure that she was important somehow. "I'm Miranda by the way."

User Image

She had her own style, her own rules
She played along like it was usual
Nobody really even knew her name
To her life was one big game

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:33 pm
((OOC: ...D8...))

Cybil kept her distance for now - it was weird enough having the other two jump on the girl. She knew that she was important, knew it, but she didn't want to freak her out either.

Mark looked at Miranda, a little confused by this sudden show of group friendliness. But he managed a weak smile and nodded. "What she said," he said, sticking his hands into his pockets.

His attention drifted across the tables, and he focused in on a nearly empty table. "I'll go take a look over there," he offered.

He strode away, positive he'd spotted a glimpse of something shiny.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:11 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
A wide grin broke out over Elodie's face as the boy took the shy way out and sidled over to another table. Her personal belief system basically accepted all shy people as adorable and definitely good. Partly because she liked to think of herself as shy, and partly because her personal life experience made her prefer shy and polite to rude and loud.

Sticking out an acceptably clean hand she shook with Miranda.
Hi, I'm Elodie." She let go of the girls hand and took a look around the market as if re-orienting herself. How to proceed....
"Crystal sheet hm? Admittedly not something I would have ever guessed, but" she shrugged again and looked to Marc "I think your friend may be on to something over there." She started her own sidling, not turning her back on Miranda but heading over to peruse with Marc as well.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:48 pm
"I know, it's an odd thing to look for. That's why I cam here. They usually have all sorts of things." Miranda said with a chuckle. She followed Mark and Elodie. "Do you come here often?" She asked, trying to be friendly to the girl. "I know I try to come here every now and then. There's always so many different things. It's never the same twice."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:04 pm
User Image
Elodie looked around at the table, turning over a tye dye glass bulb thing that seemed to have no obvious purpose.

"I come every so often, if I know what I want isn't tucked in some aisle in a wal-mart, I usually try here before the last ditch effort online." Elodie put the glass ball down and turned a glass ash tray in the shape of a manta ray towards her.

"My aunt comes here too, for the veggies. She has carrot phases." Elodie flicked her hair away from her shoulder and went around the corner of the table to the other side.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:06 pm
Mark was exploring the table with his hands rather than his eyes, his fingers running over all the different pieces for sale. He knew he would feel it when he touched the right piece - even if it wasn't for him, he thought he would know.

He was half-listening to what the other two were talking about, wondering where Cybil was, and the rest of him was focused on the table looking for just the right...

Ah.

Carefully, so as not to disturb any of the other pieces, he withdrew an object shaped somewhat like a hand mirror. Shaped like one, but it wasn't. It was just a glowing sheet of some clear substance, polished smooth as glass and cool to the touch.

He offered it to Miranda.

"Is this what you're looking for?"

Cybil meandered her way over to them. With a quick, casually friendly nod towards Elodie, she glanced back to Mark and Miranda. Something was on its way. Something she didn't like.

But how did she tell them that with the other girl right there?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:53 pm
User Image
"Oh! Is that ever neat." Elodie said, breaking into a bit of an accent with her odd sounding phrase. Though she quickly reverted back to a more normal speech pattern and didn't seem to notice the lapse.

"You've got a good eye." she added. Glancing at Cybil briefly then looking between Miranda and the boy to make sure they all knew each other. The piece of -whatever it was- had no obvious purpose but was much better than the bauble from before.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:10 pm
Mark smiled, absurdly pleased with the praise. It had been a long time since anyone who wasn't Cybil had had anything good to say about the - now former - drug addict and runaway.

He hesitated, though, when he looked over at the blonde and saw her edgy expression. There was something going on, and whatever it was wasn't very good.

No way to tell what, but if he got some distance from the others - more specifically from the new girl - he'd be able to ask her.

As he began to step away, Cybil shook her head briefly. Though he frowned, he nodded and remained with Miranda and Elodie as Cybil slipped away into the crowd again.

Whatever she was planning to do, she'd better not hurt herself doing it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:30 pm
Miranda looked at the piece Mark offered her and a smile lit her face. She took it gently, running her hands across it and exploring, but she could already see it would work. "Thank you mark! It's perfect!"

Paying for it, she turned around to show Cybil only to catch a glimpse as the girl disappeared into the crowd. Frowning slightly, she cast a questioning glance at Mark. Why had Cybil gone off like that?

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:41 pm
The boy smiled at her, but there was still a worried line between his brows as he glanced back in the direction Cybil had gone. When he looked back and caught Miranda's questioning glance, he shrugged.

No idea.

But he wanted to know. He wanted to follow her and ask what was going on - but he couldn't. Cybil had made it very clear that she wanted him to stay with Elodie and Miranda.

What she thought he could do or would need to do, he didn't have any clue.

But when a girl who can see the future tells you to stay put, you stay put.

At least, that was what he was telling himself.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:49 pm
Miranda frowned slightly at Mark's shrug. Hopefully Cybil knew what she was doing. She was tempted to go after the other girl, but Mark wasn't , which made her suspect that he'd been told to stay. Well that, and she didn't want to lose track of Elodie. She was important, Miranda was sure.

With a tiny sigh, she turned back to Elodie, tucking the crystal mirror into her backpack for safe keeping. "What were you looking for here? Maybe we can help?" She offered, as a way to keep busy and keep close.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:52 pm
User Image
"Oh, uhm, a frame." Elodie said, coming out of browsing mode, having still been looking at the table goods.
"But I was hoping for a segmented one, I have a letter I'd like to display in it, kind of, and if I could show the envelope too it would be cool. Because it's really old!" Elodie added at the end, thinking that might explain why a letter would be good enough to go on display.

She had her eyebrows raised in her effort to communicate, but as it just wasn't panning out she flipped out a hand in a random gesture.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:16 pm
Mark lifted a brow, confused. "A letter...? Is it from your family or something?" He could understand showcasing family heirlooms. But if it was just an old letter, then that made no sense to him.

He didn't have as much as he would have liked.

Cybil had kept going, away from the other three. Her sense of something off, wrong, had been getting stronger, and she knew that it was coming her way.

She wanted to keep it away from the new girl, and from Miranda, and hell, from Mark - he'd taken it before, but she didn't want to have to put him through it again.

Not when he was already being put through hell by his own body. It seemed to have slacked off a bit now, but she wasn't going to let it hurt him. Not now.

She kept walking until she was just on the edges of the fairgrounds.

Try and hurt them now, she thought. You can't, can you? You don't know where they are. You don't know.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:40 pm
"Can you read the letter?" Miranda asked curiously. She began searching through the table, looking for a frame. "I know a lot of old letters are written in such fancy lettering or even other languages. So hard to read. How old do you think it is, anyways?" She was easily fascinated by new (or rather, old) things.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games