Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
General "Art Update" Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boxers or briefs?
  Boxerbriefs
  Get off my lawn!! *shakes cane*
  None of your damn business.
  Bikinis
  I like toast.
  What does this have to do with art?
  Boxers
  Boyshorts
  Briefs
  *throws rocks at ThisEmptySoul*
View Results

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:38 pm
Didn't agree with you how? emotion_eyebrow  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:42 pm
i went to post it with the regular its ok filter ... and it was all like mature content error fix filter whee  

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:44 pm
it didnt do that with the kit girl... and she had less clothes on ...... stare ...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 pm
Well, last I knew, dA didn't have an automatic "detect if mature" system in place, so it could have just been a general error or you might have actually forgotten to click on a filter, since it won't let you submit it without checking one of the three options.

When things are submitted without a mature filter that should have one, then someone has to report it and dA staff will take it down, leaving the artist to resubmit it with the correct filter or keep it off the site altogether.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:50 pm
hmm... i was pretty sure it was clicked .. ill make sure to double check next time ... but i spent way to much time trying to crop and fool with it to bother with it now... i only wanted to practice hands anyway ..... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:29 pm
1st attempt at drawin a guy sweatdrop

User Image

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Stranger_Lady_Endare

Loved Shapeshifter

7,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:31 pm
Happy holidays xd

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:28 am
FYI: Adobe is offering free downloads of CS2 for Mac & PC. I'd grab it before they come back to their senses.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html  

bandaidd
Crew

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 am
Thanks for the link. I'll have to play around and feng shui the settings to my liking in CS2 later when I start up a new piece. I've always wanted to test out the program since what I use is basically a photoshop lite. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:28 am
I've been thinking of going on their subscription service and just paying $20 a month for CS6. Granted, I used CS2 for years and it's more than sufficient for what I do, but CS5 added a feature where you can rotate the image easily just for the purpose of working on it that way {it doesn't change the actual image orientation}, which does come in handy at times when having trouble drawing a curve just right.

Although... since that download has the creative suite, it may give me a chance to play with illustrator... *ponders*

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:30 pm
Miro joined the "let's all get tablets" club mrgreen Her first piece was just an avatar for another message board she goes to and it somehow took a really long time and was a lot harder than it seems like it should have been gonk Her first two attempts at it she deleted because of how horrible looking they were crying

She likeses how this one came out, though 3nodding

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:03 pm
Decided to experiment with a new coloring method while I wait to get my monitor back... namely coloring over the sketch rather than lining it and then coloring under that. Haven't really gotten that far into it yet, but I thought the image at this stage looked a bit interesting.  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:38 pm
That is interesting. cat_3nodding It's kind of strange not seeing the rest of his face.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:33 pm
So far, I'm finding this coloring method highly annoying as I'm having to make two layers for everything that would normally just take one stressed

Progress on just trying to get down flat colors has been slower than it would be if I had lines as a result stare  

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:28 pm
Wasn't sure where to put this, so I'll just put it here. I was in the process of writing something and when I went to save it, the title of this file {thinking of your soul} caught my eye and I decided to give it a read. I remember it being an assignment for my poetry class in high school. These lines were written up on the board, "I was thinking of your soul", "the child spins in circles", "You were the one who took risks", and "all I love tonight will be lost tomorrow" , and it was up to us to figure out how to put them together in a poem. I wrote it about my brother and his shitty relationship at the time, but reading it now.... I don't even have words for it really...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was thinking of your soul, my brother
The shell of the man you used to be
Though your spirit is unbroken
It has been locked deep inside
She did this to you

She's cautious; always knowing where you are
Calling evry hour when you're away
Always asking questions, following you
Occupying your time, controlling your mind
You've become her child

The child spins in circles, distorting life
Anything for a quick buzz
A brief escape from reality
Not by your will but for hers
As if she's your boss

You were the one who took risks; dared to dream
Dared to pursue those dreams and share your dreams
Dared to be independent, creative
Dared to be artistic, Sapere aude
You dared to be wise

It saddens me that all I love tonight
Your unbridled opinions and speech,
Your devotion to the family,
All that you are when she's away
Will be lost tomorrow

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... yeah, I'm going to go bang my head against a wall now.  
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff