Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Antechamber/Great Hall Entrance Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Writerly Ink

Generous Bookworm

11,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:48 am
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

C O R I N N A
R E N E E
W I L L I A M S

UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years Old

Corinna stepped into a fairly large room with vaulted ceilings behind Deputy Headmistress Thorne, who kept glancing back as if to make sure all the first years were still there. Tiki stuck close by, for which Cori was grateful. She heard her friend answer her query. "Sorted? Into what? How do they do it?" Corinna wondered, finally letting her curiosity get the best of her as she spewed forth the first questions that popped into her mind. All the while, she gazed about the room, at the students behind her, the details of the architecture, and the general magnificence of the place. This castle had seen many, many years, more than Corinna could conceive of, and even more students, professors, and other beings.Still, the sheer history of the place was impressed upon Corinna as she stood there in Hogwarts Castle, waiting for what would happen next.

OOC: Open for interaction, though I won't be on for long, then I'll be traveling until tonight. I will get on tonight, though.
TheRealKiru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:11 am
User Image

× × ×

This is the book

I never read
                                                          × ×

×xxxxxxxxx
                                                          xxxxxxxx× × ×

These are the words

I never said

× ×
                                                          × × × This is the

path I'll never tread

× × ×

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

♥ ♡ ♥ These

are the dreams I'll

dream instead
                                                          ♥ ♡ ♥

xxx

I am...

In the Great Hall

xxx

Feeling...

Excited

xxx

With...

The rest of the first years

Tiberia looked all around her, soaking up the fantastic sight of the Great Hall. It was magnificent, magical, and her new home. A feeling of giddiness welled up inside her and she couldn't stop the smile from etching across her face. The train ride and sailing across the Black Lake was nothing in comparison to standing inside Hogwarts itself. Her eyes shifted from the architecture of the hall to the mass of students surrounding her. Some looked as excited and curious as her, others looked nervous or indifferent. She had heard stories from her parents about their days roaming these halls, feasting on pasties and the trouble they seemed to find themselves in on a weekly basis. Tiberia had known what to expect but being here herself was different. 'I wonder what house I'll be sorted into.' She figured she'd have a decent chance at any, but figured it would either be Ravenclaw, her mother's house, or Slytherin which was her father's. 'I can't wait to start classes! Transfiguration is going to be the best ever! I wonder who my professor will be? Oh, and Potions too! I wonder what they'll have us make first? Obviously something basic, I mean, we are first years after all.' Her thoughts were interrupted as her stomach made an announcement. The excitement was too much for her to eat on the train, so she hadn't had anything all day except for half of a biscuit with clotted cream and jam and a handful of berries. Tib was really looking forward to her first meal as a Hogwarts student, so much so that she could almost taste the roasted chicken and pumpkin juice she swore she smelled.

'Please let the sorting begin soon! I'm not sure I can be still much longer.' She shifted her weight from one foot to the other and fidgeting with her wand through her robe sleeve, almost impatiently. If it didn't begin soon, she'd either wither from starvation, explode from anticipation or wet herself from excitement.

× × ×

Out Of Character

× ×

Wheeee, first post!

Quote:

Vicious Vices

Anxious Giver

9,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:07 am
User Image
User Image

The excitement that inflated Liam's lungs as he pressed into the antechamber that led to the Great Hall was even more exhilarating than the goosebumps that had danced on his forearms while climbing the front steps, or even the nearly suffocating flood of reality that struck as he passed the threshold into the entrance hall. He had officially transitioned from the Is this really happening to the I can't wait stage, which was accompanied by a light dusting of relief and a nearly lethal dose of eagerness.

His hands stuffed deep in his pockets to stop them from shaking, the boy distracted himself by forcing a large percentage of his attention on the various paintings that riddled the surrounding walls. Liam's remaining focus continued to pick up bits and pieces of a number of different conversations being carried out by his fellow first years, but like a fly tenaciously trying to escape through a closed window, the nagging impatience associated with their upcoming sorting couldn't be completely ignored.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:44 am
User Image

TαmαkixCunninghαm

Unsorted || First Year || Pureblood

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━↘↘

As Tamiki and Corinna stepped through into the castle, the architecture seemed both ancient and still somewhat modern to a point. There was the occasional crack, but the entire castle looked to be in well good standing. Now stepping foot into the halls of where the great wizards and witches had started their journeys at, Tiki hid her excitement to prevent herself from straying from the group to go and look at everything in the castle. Cori asked a few questions about sorting and how it worked, but she could only respond with a shrug. "I don't know. I've only heard about it. When my father went here, he said they had a hat tell you which house you would end up in. If we get separated into different houses, we can still talk and all that." Tiki replied, reassuring the orange haired girl about what could happen if they really did get separate houses. But she wondered if that was why they were in this room to begin with. "Hogwarts is so beautiful, though. It's enormous. Bigger than what I thought it was going to be like."

Actions: Talking w/ Cori
Thoughts: Is it almost time?
OOC: Mkay! Hope you have fun!

Writerly Ink

TheRealKiru

Shy Capitalist

5,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:40 pm
User Image __________________________________________

User Image User Image

Shadows danced across the high arched walls of the antechamber as sconces lit the room; a shroud of black robes flocked just outside the entrance to the great hall, all unsorted first years ready to begin their journey. Around her, she could feel the whisper of excitement and hear the quiver of anticipation, it jolted like static across her skin all at once. Savannah's own breath was caught in her throat, nervous fingers grazed the small, square card case in her pockets but resisted the urge to slip the deck free and shuffle the numbers until only it's sound was spinning her mind round the carousel. Hopeful eyes flickered to the students around her as they shuffled closer, and closer, filling the room around her; it was suffocating. One boy had his hands shoved in his pockets, one girl was fidgeting, shuffling her weight between each foot, another pair were 'oohing' and 'aweing' at the magnificence of the castle. Savannah was growing anxious, ready to charge into the great hall and plop that bloody hat on her own damn head if she's forced to wait any longer.

[OOC: ]

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
LOCATION:: Antechamber 】 【COMPANY:: First Years 】 【ATTIRE:: plain robes and jewelry 】 【STATS:: Eleven, 4'8", 94lbs
∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:29 am

C O R I N N A
R E N E E
W I L L I A M S

Corinna heard the shuffle of feet about her as the students settled into the room where they waited. An air of anxiousness filled the air, whether from excitement or nervousness Corinna could not guess – probably a bit of both. Tamaki, standing next to her, looked ready to bolt in all directions, she was so thrilled. Corinna smiled, feeling very much the same. She was itching to see more of this wonderful place. Tiki described what her father had told her about sorting, including something about a magic hat! What in the world could a talking hat be good for? Cori’s eyebrows drew together in worry when Tiki said they might be sorted into different houses, and was partially comforted by her statement, but began worrying nonetheless. If they were in different houses, how often would they be able to see each other? Would they get to talk very much at all? 'Quit fretting,' Corinna berated herself, and tried to squash the fear down. She hoped they’d get going with this sorting thing soon. Tiki was right though; the castle was enormous, and very beautiful. Corinna couldn’t wait to call it home.

OOC: My posts will be spotty the next couple days, as my wifi access is limited to whether or not I can pop by a coffee shop for a bit. I’m in Moab, Utah, USA, visiting my grandmother. It’s quite the fun place!
TheRealKiru

Writerly Ink

Generous Bookworm

11,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200

TheRealKiru

Shy Capitalist

5,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:55 pm
User Image

TαmαkixCunninghαm

Unsorted || First Year || Pureblood

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━↘↘

Tamaki managed to snap out of her daydreaming to realize that students were beginning to be called up to the front to be sorted into their respective houses. Smiling to herself, she was pleased to see that her father was indeed correct about a hat telling people on where they would want to go. "See up there? Near the front of the hall?" She said, pointing to the student with an aging, woolen hat on that seemed most anxious, possibly more than Tiki. "That's what he was talking about. You go up and it tells you, I think." She said before taking Cori's hand and hurrying up towards the line t try on the hat. "I'll go up first. I hope we get in a house together."

[ EXIT -> Sorting Hat ]

Actions: Talking w/ Cori
Thoughts: Here we go!
OOC: I've been there a few times when out on vacation. It's a pretty nice place to be!

Writerly Ink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:36 pm
Rosælle Cameron

First Year │ Unsorted

Rose entered the antechamber and noticed that all the other students were lining up to try on the Sorting Hat. Her smile growing wider in anticipatio, she decided that she would see what house she was in first, before trying to make friends, since she didn't want someone to get a liking to her, then decide not to be friends because of what House Rose was in. It might sound crazy to someone other than herself, but to Rose, it made sense, since she knew that some people liked to discriminate against each of the Houses in some way for some ridiculous reason.

Walking towards the line, excited to see where the Sorting Hat would put her.

[[exit Rose to Sorting Hat]]  

LoricWarrior

Agile Shapeshifter

13,940 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

Writerly Ink

Generous Bookworm

11,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:49 pm

C O R I N N A
R E N E E
W I L L I A M S

Finally, they entered the Great Hall! It was wonderful, so much more than anything Corinna could have ever dreamed. Four long tables and their respective benches, laden with students, ran the length of the hall, at the end of which was another large table, set perpendicular to the others, where older witches and wizards sat – the professors and other staff. Candles floated overhead, and the ceiling seemed to disappear, the starry night outside taking its place. Torches lined the hall, and tall leaden windows lined every wall. Corinna looked ahead to where Tamaki had pointed out an old, ratty hat sitting on a stool, as if on a pedestal before the staff and students. Tiki, a whole new person in her excitement, grabbed Cori’s hand and pulled her along as they and the other students made their way to the front of the hall where the hat awaited them. Tiki, true to her statement, stepped up to the hat ahead of Corinna. With a deep breath to steady her nerves, Cori prepared to step up to the hat herself and be sorted.

OOC: Exit to the Sorting Hat
TheRealKiru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:45 pm
├─▇▇▇═───────────────────────────═▇▇▇─┤
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
FӨЦЯƬΉ YΣΛЯ GЯYFFIПDӨЯ

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

Addison had been so busy lately with studying and homework, that with a Hogsmeade weekend coming up, he wanted to get out. He considered what he could do and, of course, he wanted to bring his girlfriend. But he also wanted to see his friends... the best way to do that was a double date! After all, he always saw Rider and Lyall together and figured that they must be dating. He looked at Pru the same way that Rider looked at Lyall. So he put two and two together... He was looking for either one of them, hoping to talk them into having a double this coming weekend. Searching for either friend, he spotted the blonde hair of the male and smirked, trotting off towards him. "Lyall! Hey Lyall! Wait up!" He maneuvered his way through the crowd of students, heading after his friend.

And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are

Miss GryffindorK

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:05 am
User Image
*´¯`*.¸¸.*´¯`* Ƒσυятн Ƴєαя HυffƖєρυff *´¯`*.¸¸.*´¯`*
User Image

Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ sᴛᴜᴄᴋ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
I'ʟʟ sᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ʟᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ
I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ
Wᴇ ғɪɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴏғ
Wʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴏᴜʀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ɪɴ ɴᴇᴇᴅ

Lyall was headed into the Great Hall, as it was nearing lunchtime. He wasn't particularly hungry, but he figured he'd go and sit anyway. It was nicer than being alone in the dormitory, anyhow. As he was strolling along, he heard his name being called. The blonde whirled, blinking as he looked for the caller. As soon as he noticed Addy, he waved cheerfully. "Hello, Addison! Did you need me? I thought I heard my name." He smiled, calmly adjusting his glasses, as he did about eight thousand times a day.

Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ 1, 2, 3
I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
Aɴᴅ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɪᴛ
I ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ 4, 3, 2
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ, ᴏʜ ʏᴇᴀʜ

{OoC:}
SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:00 pm
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
FӨЦЯƬΉ YΣΛЯ GЯYFFIПDӨЯ

When I see your face
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

Addison caught up to Lyall once he stopped, then lightly clapped his friend on the shoulder. "Yeah, I called you. So, we've got the Hogsmeade weekend coming up soon and I was thinking that we could use a little outing. Maybe go to like, the Broomstick for a meal or something. You know, get out on the town. I could bring my girlfriend, you could bring Rider. It'd be fun to get out, you know?" He smirked and shrugged. It wounded like a good idea to him and he hoped Lyall agreed.

And when you smile
Just the way you are

Miss GryffindorK

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:34 pm
User Image
User Image

Lyall blinked at Addy, then smiled. His shoulder was clapped, making the blonde look at his arm in confusion. His attention was returned to his friend when he mentioned the upcoming Hogsmeade trip. Addy asked if Lyall wanted to attend an outing, to which the shorter boy nod happily. He then continued to say it would just be the two, Prudence, and Rider. That really confused Lyall. "What about Tori Rae? And Feather! Kota too..." He tilted his head a bit, not currently grasping the thought that it would be a double date. Lyall wasn't even dating!

I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:54 pm
ΛDDIƧӨП ᄃӨᄂᄂIПƧ
FӨЦЯƬΉ YΣΛЯ GЯYFFIПDӨЯ

When I see your face
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

Addy shrugged when Lyall asked about the rest of their friends. He'd considered something big with them but this idea of his... well it would only really work as a double date. "I just though that the four of us would go down. You know, get some bonding time and whatnot. I was planning something bigger with the whole gang." He thought that was the best response he could come up with without lying. After all, lying was wrong and dishonorable.

And when you smile
Just the way you are

Miss GryffindorK

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:11 pm
User Image
User Image

Lyall blinked at Addy, wondering about the troupe. Maybe he wanted it to be secret? But that was a bit mean. Besides, he wasn't much to brag about. Why would Addy want him in on a secret? The brunette mentioned the four going for a bit of bonding time, and that... sorta made sense. Oh! He was planning something big! Was that the secret? "Oh! Alright. I will take the rest our to Hogsmeade next time! That'll be nice!" He beamed, quite proud of his plan. Surely they wouldn't be upset! Maybe they could have a nice get-together too! Oooh! Such fun!

I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ

SummerIsles

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff