Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Study Area Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:14 pm
User Image
                                            And you don't seem the lying kind
                                            A shame you seemed an honest man
                                            And all the fears you hold so dear

User Image

════════════════════════

Fifth Yᴇᴀʀ |Ⅴ Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Prefect |Ⅴ| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Selina glanced up when she heard Ceri's voice, half expecting it to still be Fianna, trying in vain to wheedle out of her the use of her broomstick. She smiled, and said, "Right now, I'm going over my Potions notes, and cross-referencing them with my Healing and Herbology notes. I'm also reading this article I found in a trade journal I thought might be interesting to bring up with Professor Deschering." Selina drew a deep breath, before adding, "My aunt has asked me to tutor one of my cousins in her Transfigurations class work, so I have that on my plate after dinner. On the plus side, it'll be helpful for me as a review of my Third Year Transfigurations lessons. How about you?"

[quote-"SummerIsles"]

════════════════════════
                                            OOC: Taken by Layton Bannister
                                            User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Will turn to whisper in your ear
                                            and you know I don't mean to hurt you
                                            But you know that it means so much
                                            And you don't even feel a thing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιfтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

ℓєт'ѕ нι∂є συяѕєℓνєѕ fяσм єνєяуσиє
נυѕт тαкє му нαи∂ αи∂ ωє ¢αи яυи

αѕ мσмєитѕ fяєєzє ℓєт'ѕ мαкє вєℓιєνє
ωє'ℓℓ αℓωαуѕ вє fσяєνєя уσυиg

ѕσσи тнє иιgнт ωιℓℓ ¢σмє, συя ѕιℓнσυєттєѕ ιи тнє ѕєттιиg ѕυи

Ceri frowned slightly, her lack of a bag or books indicative of the fact that she wasn't here to study. "Um, well, I was studying my herbology notes before I decided I needed a break." Smooth recovery Ceri, she thought to herself. Biting her lip, she glanced at what Selina was working on, trying to come up with a segway into talking about Antigone. "What's the article about?" she asked. Ceri needed to relax before she broke into the point of her conversation. Too nervous and she'd be suspicious.

ι fєєℓ тнє нєαт, тнє ѕυммєя ѕ¢єиє
ℓιкє ѕтαи∂ιиg ιи α ℓινιиg ∂яєαм
ℓιкє fℓαѕнιиg ℓιgнтѕ fяσм мσνιє ѕ¢яєєиѕ

тнιѕ fєєℓѕ ѕσ яιgнт ι ¢αи'т вєℓιєνє
ωє ѕιт ѕσ ѕтιℓℓ, ѕσ ¢ℓσѕє, ѕσ иєαя

тнєѕє нєαятѕ ωιℓℓ ωανє ѕσ ℓσυ∂ αи∂ ¢ℓєαя
ℓєт'ѕ ¢ℓσѕє συя єуєѕ αи∂ ∂ιѕαρρєαя.

{συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя: You have a - instead of a = in your quote >.>}

Graydon Ironshield

SummerIsles

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:14 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

"Oh, good. I'm planning on doing that next," said the Ravenclaw. "I'd be happy to study with you." When asked about the article, Selina smiled as she warmed to the subject, and glanced over at her friend, whom also took the same healing class as she. Pulling over the periodical in question, she started pointing out sections of text, and said, "It's an article on alternate methods of preparing certain medicinal draughts. For example, you do realize just to create an Antidote to Common Poisons requires the use of three separate cauldrons of differing metallic compositions, and a brewing time of no less than one hundred and four minutes. That's fine if you're taking Triple Potions here, but you'd best make it ahead of time if you figure on needing it at hand in practical application, or you'll likely be stuck if an emergency came up. The potioneer whom wrote this had some interesting ideas, some of which reminded me of some other things I read studying for Alchemy and I thought I'd check it out for myself, before showing it to the professor. So what do you think?"

[quote:"SummerIsles"]

════════════════════════

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

Our ƦƤMƧ are in the яє∂,
                                                        Ɗяινιηg closer to the є∂gє
                                                        "Are you ℓινιηg? Are you ∂єα∂?"
                                                        Let's ℓιgнт up the ∂αяк,
                                                        You've got the ƒυєℓ, I've got the ѕραяк.
                                                        in my уσυηg вℓσσ∂.

Micah sat quietly at the desk, writing away. She needed to figure out how in the world she was going to tell Louie about her plan She should have told him the minute she realized she actually liked him, but no she had to be a chicken s**t. The way he'd reacted to her talk about lying to her parents had terrified her even more though. If just a small lie like that made him angry... what would her plan do? It wasn't like she had lied about why though. If her parents knew anything they would disown her. If she wasn't dating a pureblood, they'd marry her off to someone who would probably not lie for her and then they'd disown her anyways. She sighed and stared at the piece of paper, quietly reading it over.

'Dear Ashley,
                                                        I don't know what to do. I still haven't told Louie about my plan. Its not like I'm really using him, but he has no idea that it didn't start out like that. How do I tell him that I first approached him just to get out of being married to some awful git and be able to keep the family fortune and name. I don't want to be disowned. He has to understand that right? What would you do? I don't want to make him hate me, or anything. I....I think I love him Ashley, but this stupid plan is going to ruin everything.... without it... and him I'd be stuck with someone awful though and they wouldn't lie for me. I'm not even sure Louie would lie for me, but he is more likely to than anyone else. Help.....
                                                        -Love Micah.'

Micah sighed. It sounded so pathetic. What was she even doing? She knew the truth was the best option in realtionships... and she didn't want to lie to him anymore... but it was hard to tell the truth when she was scared of him leaving her.

It's so єαѕу to be cуηιcαℓ.
                                                        Let's turn αяσυη∂ and start αgαιη.
                                                        Let's get συт тσηιgнт
                                                        You've got the ƒιяє, I've got the ƒιgнт
                                                        in my уσυηg вℓσσ∂.

The Beast and Harlot

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:58 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιfтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

Ceri nodded when her friend offered a study session, then started to drift off as she began explaining the article. Even though it was something she found fascinating, she couldn't focus. Something that Antigone had said was ringing in her mind and it was entirely distracting to her. And her conversation with Eira hadn't been very illuminating, even if the girl felt the same way towards other girls as she did. Her mind suddenly snapped back when she heard Selina ask what she thought. "Oh, um... interesting? Hey, listen, could I ask you a question? And promise me you won't tell anyone what I'm about to ask you." She frowned and started to chew on the inside of her cheek, looking at Selina with an intense gaze.

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:41 pm
Graydon Ironshield
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Selina glanced up at her friend, when she realized something else was going on, and the intensity of the look she was getting told her there was a degree of urgency. "Of course, Ceri, anything you like," Selina replied seriously. "I'm not exactly one to gossip to begin with, but if you need me to I'll keep quiet about whatever it is."

SummerIsles

════════════════════════

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:06 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιfтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

Ceri frowned a little and sighed, then relaxed herself a little bit. How to go about asking this? She supposed she should start from the beginning. "Well, um, starting from the beginning, I... well, I've come to find myself attracted to girls in the same way I'm attracted to guys. I spoke with Eira about it over the summer and she's dating a girl now too. That's cool and all. But then there was the ride up to the castle. I noticed someone who looked distressed and me being me, I asked her what was wrong. During our conversation, I accidentally let slip that I liked girls and it was hard to come to terms with that. Then she said something that seemed like a reciprocation... So, um... what can you tell me about Antigone?" She started to chew on her lip nervously. Of course she could trust her friend not to say anything, but that wasn't what was making her nervous. In fact, she wasn't exactly sure why she was nervous. She barely knew Antigone, but something about her seemed to resonate with Ceri and the girl had been stuck in her mind since they'd returned to school.

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:35 pm

LOUIS . MAURICIO. ADDARIO

Sixth . Year ,__ Slytherin

9" hazel,. unicorn. tail. hair,.rigid

Louie had spent the better half of the week in the Hospital Wing trying to get over another nasty cold. This winter weather would be the death of him, he was sure of it. The sixth year was bundled up tight in a long sleeve thermal and jumper, his slytherin scarf and a pair of gloves. And then he sat down in the dungeons near the entrance to the kitchen and waited... and waited... and waited... Until eventually a Hufflepuff walked by; then he pounced. They screamed. He screamed. It was a huge ordeal, but all that mattered was that Micah was not anywhere in the common room. So he had to hunt her down the old fashioned way—and by that, he had to decide between the library, the owlery, or the abandoned classroom she hides inside of to practice her dancing. After sprinting down the corridor to check the empty room, he decided it was a closer jog to the library than the owlery. (Not like he had much else to do, his few days of confinement to bed rest meant he had only homework for company. It was torture.)

He spotted her long dark hair from afar and silently moved down the aisle of books until he was right behind her. Louie bent down to plant a small kiss on her cheek, and as he did so, his right hand snatched the letter she had been writing then held it up to read. ”Writing your brother again?” He teased playfully, not really reading until he noticed his name spelled out in the very first sentence. Then he couldn't stop. ”...What?” He asked, almost desperately. ”You lied to me... from the very beginning?” He wanted to laugh when he reread that line, 'I think I love him,' because you don't lie to the people you love. How can you even call that love?! Blinking rapidly, her letter fell loose from his fingers and slid back into place on her desk.

He'd never really wanted to scream before, not like this. But they were in a library, and he was reminded of that every time he turned to face away from her. Especially when he noticed a pair girls' chatting away in the corner. Somehow, that only made him all the more angry. ”So you lied to me, you used me; are there any other secrets you're keep from me?” Louie harshly whispered, because as much as he wanted to storm out; he had to know.

Devlyn Maycry

The Beast and Harlot

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

Our ƦƤMƧ are in the яє∂,
                                                        Ɗяινιηg closer to the є∂gє
                                                        "Are you ℓινιηg? Are you ∂єα∂?"
                                                        Let's ℓιgнт up the ∂αяк,
                                                        You've got the ƒυєℓ, I've got the ѕραяк.
                                                        in my уσυηg вℓσσ∂.

Micah smiled at the gentle kiss on her cheek, but her happiness turned to ash in her mouth when he grabbed her letter. Before she could insist he give it back, he was reading it, and her entire future, her entire happiness crumpled like a house of cards in a tornado. She was pretty sure she didn't know how to breathe anymore. She didn't... she couldn't... he couldn't.... Her words were frozen in her brain, and all she could do was stare at him in abject horror as he started hissing words at her. She had never really seen him angry. She didn't want to be the reason he was....

She ran hands through her hair, dirstraught.
                                                        "I'm not using you!" She whispered quietly, turning her eyes away from him. She couldn't bare to see the anger and hurt in his eyes. She could also feel tears welling up, and she didn't want him to see her cry. "I didn't lie...." She whispered, her voice choking off as she tried to explain. "I just... I didn't know how to tell you, and then you got all weird about me mentioning my parents don't know my house. and and....." She was doing her damnedest to not start sobbing before she finished speaking. "I didn't want to lose you...." She finally muttered, staring at her feet. She sniffled quietly, willing herself to not cry until he walked away. And she knew he would walk away. Who wouldn't? She was a bloody mess, and she'd kept things from him, and she was a terrible daughter, and an awful girlfriend. If she'd proved anything in all her years, it was that she literally couldn't do a single thing right besides dancing. And what use was dancing? Nothing. It was useless... just like her.

She shook her head quietly at his last question.
                                                        "I was going to tell you... I just didn't know how...." What was the point of her attempting to stay in good faith with her parents if it meant ******** up everything important to her? Though she supposed without the plan she would never have even thought of becoming close with Louie... but said plan was also ruining the only good thing to happen to her in many many years. It was a double edged sword to say the least. It felt like the world just liked to watch her suffer. Giving her something as great as Louie... only to tear it away a few months later.....

It's so єαѕу to be cуηιcαℓ.
                                                        Let's turn αяσυη∂ and start αgαιη.
                                                        Let's get συт тσηιgнт
                                                        You've got the ƒιяє, I've got the ƒιgнт
                                                        in my уσυηg вℓσσ∂.

The Beast and Harlot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:25 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Selina smiled as she thought about Ceri was telling her; thinking about the tall and pretty Antigone and how melancholy she was at the Valentines Ball last term, it was nice to know somebody had an interest in her. Of course she would keep what was said between them confidential, just as she'd keep what Antigone told her quiet. "Well if you're asking if Anti's ...interests lay in a similar direction as your's, I'm afraid I haven't a clue. She's never made mention of it in my presence, and I must confess I'm a bit clueless about such matters."

"What I can tell you about Anti, without divulging anything important," Selina added in a quiet voice, "is that she values her privacy, and her trust is not gotten easily nor to be taken lightly, and she doesn't like being mocked, if even in jest."

SummerIsles

════════════════════════

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:09 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιfтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

While she listened to Selina, she chewed on the inside of her cheek, then she frowned slightly as the girl. "You know I'd never mock anyone, let alone someone going through an obvious crisis. I just... I don't know. I want her to talk and stuff, but I don't want her to hate me. You know, like how you and Harper made me open up. I just..." She sighed and shrugged, then leaned back in the chair, idly twirling a lock of her red hair in her finger.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:02 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

"I know you well enough to know wouldn't do that," Selina replied softly, and she smiled at the mention of Harper, whom she didn't see often enough. "It seems to me the best way to approach this would be to make a point of including her in things you're doing. Might not be a bad idea to maybe do something as a group, at least at first; give Anti a chance to feel comfortable around you. You know, we've got a Hogsmeade weekend coming up soon, maybe we could make a foursome of you and Anti, Layton and me. What do you think?"

SummerIsles

════════════════════════

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:12 pm

¢єяι ∂ανιєѕ
fιfтн уєαя нυffℓєρυff
ρяєfє¢т

The red head had been looking for an angle with which to approach Antigone and she had hoped that Selina, their common friend, would provide her with one. But what she provided was even better than that. Ceri's eyes began to twinkle at the prospect. "That's a wonderful idea! If... if you could put that together, you know, since she'd probably say no if I asked her, that would be amazing. Then we'd get a chance to talk and relax a bit. I don't really have a lot of money, but I'm sure I could scrounge together something for a trip." After all, she could tutor someone for a couple sickles or make a potion for someone or something. Ceri was a bright girl.

{συт σf ¢нαяα¢тєя: ...}

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
User Image

-YEAR // First
    -AGE // 11
    -APPAREL // TEXT
    -ITEMS // TEXT
    -COMPANY // TEXT
    -RELATIONSHIP // TEXT
    -THINKING // 'TEXT.'
    -FEELING // TEXT.
    -LOCATION // TEXT

══════════════════════════════════════════

XXXBenny entered the study area of the library laden with his books, pack and wand. He chose a seat at an empty stretch of table, hoping that he would be able to better focus on his work. The little hufflepuff spread the books on the table along with his bag, pulled out the chair and then nestled in. It wasn't the most comfortable seats he had ever sat in, but it would do for the next few hours or so.

He pulled out his transfiguration book first, and reviewed his notes. He wished he could actually practice the charm, but for now, pronunciation and form would be a good practice.

'Re-par-ee-far-je.' He practiced from memory, and in in rhythm. He flipped open his book and checked where he had book-marked the lesson. He had said it right, and with that preceded to try to scribble down the formula for transfigurations down by heart, onto a spare piece of parchment.

((OOC:_))

══════════════════════════════════════════

Quote:

User Image

Scurd_Tito

Familiar Seeker

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
      • Gaian 50
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Statustician 100
      PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:18 pm
      User Image
      Fianna Grey
      Gryffindor First Year Eleven Years OldSingle

Fianna was loaded down with her courier bag full of school books, notes and the like as she walked into the library. She tried to work in the Common Room up in the tower, but all the good spots were already taken by older students; nowhere for a lowly First Year to do her work. The library was a better alternative than the Great Hall, even if there was the chance she might come across her cousin whom seemed to live in the stacks.

As she went along, she spotted a familiar face, a fellow First Year. She was pretty sure his name was Ben, and he was a Hufflepuff. He'd already staked out a table for himself, and looked as though he might just be getting started. "Hi," she said, with a sweet smile, and added hopefully, "Would you mind having a study partner? You might be more fun to study with than my cousin."

scurd

OOC:
      Username

User Image
                      Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                      "Everything you wants a dream away
                      We are legends, every day"
                      That's what she told me

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
                      "Everything you wants a dream away
                      Under this pressure, under this weight
                      We are diamonds"

The Library

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 31 32 33 34 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff
      Gaia's Games
      Mini-Games