Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply The ART Dept
Portraits of a drunken, cross-dressing elf (art thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:42 am
I just downloaded Sai and I'm going to play around on it for a while and see what I can do from my laptop.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:20 pm
It seems to work for speed painting at least.

User Image  

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:20 pm
Very nice. emotion_dowant

I've seen some people do some pretty amazing things on Sai, but the program set up is a lot different from photoshop, so it seems like it would take some getting used to.

But it's a hell of a lot cheaper than photoshop if one were to need a legit copy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:35 pm
It takes a little bit of effort to get the feng shui I like on the settings and figure out how sensitive they are. It's an overall pretty good basic program that's easy to use once you get going.

The couple things it lacks from the photoshop that I had before are the variety or brushes and there aren't any premade patterns. You'd have to do any patterning from scratch which would be a nightmare, if not impossible, if I had to make lolita style clothing. gonk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:42 pm
I think you can download brushes for Sai... so you just need to search the interwebs for the kind you need.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:50 pm
But that would take seconds of my life that I could have used for procrastinating and I would never get them back. gonk

*searches* ninja  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kaori Silnaak

Fashionable Explorer

6,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:36 am
After I clear up the commissions I have going now I'm going to start training to draw males. I've been limiting myself as an artist for to long. It's time I try and progress some more.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:33 pm
Awesome emotion_awesome It's definitely more fun to draw girls because they're curvy, but being able to draw both genders makes you feel more accomplished as an artist.

A lot of artists around Gaia can get away with the "I only draw girls" rule because the majority of Gaia's population is female, but that doesn't really help one grow and learn if that's what they wish to accomplish in the long run.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:23 pm
And it looks like I'll have to pick it up pretty quickly. Picked up a commission a little while ago and I threw out what I thought was a ridiculous gold amount to try and troll them thinking they were never going to take it... and they accepted it. emotion_facepalm

In other news. I just had my first web cam session as part of a guild event. Some people found out I was a guy and others found out how quickly it took for me to take off my shirt. Some guy said I should be naked like him and I said fine... only he wasn't caming.
>>;  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:42 pm
Don't show the goods for free! Make them work for it!

... unless you happen to like being naked emotion_awesome

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:47 am
cat_rofl

Not that I like it, I just don't mind it. I got over being self conscious over showing a little skin a long time ago. cat_mrgreen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:28 pm
My current wip.User Image  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:11 pm
Got bored and started working on coloring some older stuff.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:40 pm
Kairanha
eek I didn't think you were gonna go for fullbody! emotion_jawdrop *happy dance* xd That's the best interpretation of that hat yet. emotion_drool *very excited about the next stage*

I. Want. Those. EYES! scream Damn Jabberwoki and it's skyrocketing price! crying She so pretty! emotion_kirakira  

Icy Reign

Unsealed Exhibitionist

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:00 pm
Icy Reign
Kairanha
eek I didn't think you were gonna go for fullbody! emotion_jawdrop *happy dance* xd That's the best interpretation of that hat yet. emotion_drool *very excited about the next stage*

I. Want. Those. EYES! scream Damn Jabberwoki and it's skyrocketing price! crying She so pretty! emotion_kirakira

I wasn't originally planning on doing a full body, but once I got going and saw the waist up I kinda wanted to see the rest of it. Sexy bludgeoning pose lulz cat_xd And I figure since most people will request full bodies I might as well practice my anatomy. I designed the hat that wat because I wanted the dramatic shadow over the eyes as you get ready to drop the hammer. cat_mrgreen  
The ART Dept

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 60 61 62 63 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games