Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:35 am
Your eyes are wide shut but you know...
Buried alive by the lies in your soul...
Your stride is a blind man's stroll;
Well, for whom does the next bell toll?
So if you want to push, I'm gonna shove.
If you want to spar, we can do it without gloves.
If you're gonna run at me, you'd better do it hard;
I fear no fall, no brawl, no scars.

User Image
A S T E R I A
C E C I L Y
F R E Y

second yeargryffindormuggleborn

History of Magic bored Aster out of her mind, after she realized all the shocking similarities between it and muggle history classes. Once in a blue moon they'd actually be covering something she found interesting and her attention would be riveted, but otherwise... She continued etching jagged spikes like mountain peaks in the corner of her parchment.

OOC:
Username

I'm one shade short of alarm;
I'm so far past wrath that I'm calm.
Now you see, a wise man learns from your mistakes,
And lets the blunders of his fellows serve to fill his plate.
So you'd best be on your way before the tidal wave breaks;
You don't want to come to meet the reaper that awaits.
You don't want to say any more than a mime; you can't afford-
And you don't want to let this turn into lines of mine and yours.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:14 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson strode into the classroom, ready to teach. So far, this class had seemed uneventful, however, he had some things in mind for today's class. He wondered about the students' resonses as he wrote the topic for the day on the chalkboard.

Professor Powell
                                            The Deathly Hallows

"Today we're going to talk about the Deathly Hallows. For those from Wizarding failies, you may have heard of them before, usually as a bedtime story. However, it would do to inform your classmates of the topic, since they may not know.

"The Deathly Hallows are three highly powerful magical objects supposedly created by Death and given to each of three brothers in the Peverell family. They consisted of the Elder Wand, an immensely powerful wand that was considered undefeatable; the Resurrection Stone, a stone which could summon the spirits of the dead, and the Cloak of Invisibility, which, as its name suggests, renders the user completely invisible. According to the story, both Antioch Peverell (owner of the Wand) and Cadmus Peverell (owner of the Stone) came to bad ends. However, Ignotus Peverell's wisdom in requesting the Cloak was rewarded.

"According to legend, he who possesses these three artefacts would become the Master of Death. The story of the Deathly Hallows was originally told by Beedle the Bard and subsequently passed from family to family as a wizard fairytale. Few wizards ever realized that the Deathly Hallows were genuine items. Most people thought that there were things that Beedle had made up to entertain young wizards and witches.

"No one but Harry Potter has been known to have been in command of all three at the same time, though he was never in possession of them all at once. Albus Dumbledore had possessed all three, but not all at once, similar to Harry, but he was never the true owner of the Cloak. The Cloak was handed down to Harry Potter from his father through Albus Dumbledore, and the Stone was left to him in Dumbledore's will, hidden inside a Golden Snitch. Harry Potter gained the allegiance, but not physical possession, of the Elder Wand upon overpowering Draco Malfoy at Malfoy Manor. Although Draco had mastery of the Elder wand for a time, having gained its allegiance upon disarming Dumbledore before his death, he never knew of it. Potter never made use of more than two Hallows at once because he never had more than two at once.

"Now, here's the question for each of you. I know it's tempting for anyone, but out of the three, which one Hallow would you posess, and why?"

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: This should be an interesting lesson...
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:29 pm
User Image

User Image

Gryffindor │ Second Year │ Muggleborn

Levi walked into History of Magic, excited as always. He always found history in the muggle world to be bloody boring, but he enjoyed History of Magic. It was like a long series of fantasy novels, except all of it was true. Sitting down near the back, Levi got his materials out and started to take notes as Professor Powell started speaking. The subject matter at hand was definitely something he hadn't heard before, but apparently there were some students who had. He guessed he had his blood status to thank for that. Deciding to leave the open-ended question for others to answer, the Gryffindor just leaned back in his chair a bit.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLionel Santiago Lira
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHufflepuffxSecond Year

"There are big ships and small ships."

Lionel walked into class and took a seat. He waited for the professor to start and when he did, the boy listened intently, wondering what it was they would be learning that day. As the professor went on about the Hallows, Lionel actually stayed very attentive. The subject itself interested him greatly and the expression on his face just about told anyone that. At the end, the professor gave them a question to answer...to which Lionel raised his hand first. "If I had to choose one of them, it would definitely be the Elder Wand because the idea of having a undefeatable wand must instill a lot of confidence in its bearer. Plus, it would come in handy in all situations that you face virtually, where the other two seem like they would only be used in select situations," he said, shrugging his shoulders and silencing himself. He hadn't heard of any of that stuff before, but despite this, he found it pretty easy to decide between the three. Not many people would pass up on an all-powerful wand after all...so he probably was just going with the crowd on that one.

"But the best ship of all is friendship"

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:05 am
                          User Image
                          USERNAME HERE

【 LOCATION 】 history class x 【 MOOD 】 thoughtful x 【 COMPANY 】 second years x 【 CLOTHING 】 uniform

Sybil trudged into History of Magic, not really wanting to be there... Of course, when did she? She certainly wasn't a history-nut like her sister. She may have acquired the girl's knack for most subjects, but certainly not this one... She sat quiet near the back of the room, paying only a bit of attention towards the lesson. Every wizarding child, at least, knew about the Deathly Hallows, what kid hadn't been read 'The Tales of Beetle the Bard', or even read it themselves, when they were younger. Then again, Muggleborns probably didn't... As for what Hallow she'd value...Sybil thought about it. She didn't feel like sharing, really, sliding down slightly in her chair, leaning back a bit, staring at her feet. However, if Sybil was really going to take one...well, if she were required to possess one, the obvious answer would be the Invisibility Cloak... She thought carefully about what exactly she'd do if she ever possessed the Cloak herself, getting lost in thought.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:59 pm
├─═▇═───═─┤ ஐ├───═▇═─┤
๓คtเl๔ค ς๏llเภร
ђยŦŦlєקยŦŦ Ŧเгรt אєคг

├─═▇═───═─┤ ஐ ├───═▇═─┤

I had a dream so big and loud
I jumped so high I touched the clouds

I stretched my hands out to the sky
We danced with monsters through the night

Matilda didn't exactly like History of Magic, but she didn't exactly hate it either. After all, it was the history of her people and she'd grown up mostly in the magical world. Her brother was half and half and her sister almost entirely muggle. So it wasn't as interesting for her. But the teacher was passionate and that definitely helped. She spotted Levi as she entered the room and skipped over to him. Smiling, she sat beside him and said, "Hey Levi! Excited for the new year?" She beamed at him, then turned when the Professor started to talk. When he asked which Hallow they'd prefer and why, Mattie considered her answer for a moment. Then she spoke up. "I'd probably prefer the Cloak. That way I could sneak snacks and stuff." She giggled and blushed a little. The little blond sure did like snacks.

I'm never gonna look back
Whoa, I'm never gonna give it up
No, please don't wake me now

This is gonna be the best day of my life

๏ยt ๏Ŧ ςђคгคςtєг
{...}

Deviled-Dregs

SummerIsles

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:55 pm
~New Year~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:57 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: So what topics are going to be remembered from last year, hrm?
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:44 pm
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

Hannah was happy when she arrived for her History of Magic class. She'd thought the whole thing was a neat story, almost as cool as some of the family stories Mother Grey would tell her. She also thought her cousin's assessment of her professor was a bit harsh, even if Linny preferred him as her Ancient Runes teacher, than as her History teacher. Hannah didn't know what to make of that, but then Linny did have the habit of thinking in circles.

Hannah smiled when she raised her hand, and said sweetly, "Um, you told us the story of how the Founders came here and started the school, Professor."

User ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:56 am
User Image
Clementine Fenwick
Minnie
<2nd Year>

Minnie enjoyed history. She always found the professor seemed kind and the information was generally interesting. She took a seat near the front and when it came to participation Minnie raised her hand and said brightly, "We discussed the statute of secrecy last year and its importance."

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time: 2031-2032
Dressed: Hufflepuff Uniform
------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:16 pm
User Image
xxxxxMordred Taylor Seftonxxxxx
2nd Year Ravenclaw

----------------------------------------------------------------------

History was never Mordred's favorite subject but he found it easy enough to keep up with. There were worse subjects like herbology, though he half suspected the professor had a big influence on why he disliked the class so much. Taking a seat not far from a red headed Hufflepuff he listened as Professor Powell welcomed them to the start of the year and asked for volunteers to offer what they learned the year before. Mordred raised his hand and offered, "We discussed how Salazar Slytherin made the Chamber of Secrets to be opened at a later date." Mordred thought in addition, the creepy b*****d. He felt that any mention of the late founder should have that addition considering all that the man represented and did. Besides even though Slytherins weren't all bad and many quite cool like Gia, they were cool because they would have been the very type of people ol' Salazar wouldn't want in his house. There were still plenty of Slytherins that were awful people, like his father and pretty much the man's whole family by the sounds of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking: Witty

{OoC: }
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:58 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image Location : History - Thursday @ 1:00pm

History was not Emma’s forte in fact she sucked at remembering any of it. Well maybe not all history, most of it however didn’t come to mind right away. Sadly she had to try in the class even if she couldn’t recall everything. Then again she was still learning, before she was seven she didn’t even know magic existed. Not to mention, she never started learning fully about it until just the previous year. Waking into class she found a seat next to Hannah before class got started.

Taking out her things Emma was relieved they were only doing review. Although she really couldn’t remember a whole lot about last year’s history class. Maybe someone would say something that would trigger her memory. Sure enough as she listened to Hannah, Minnie, and Mordred she actually came up with something. “Salazar believed only pure blooded wizards should be accepted to Hogwarts, unlike the other founders.” She added. “That’s why he made the Chamber of Secrets.” Emma didn’t need to be remained about what hidden inside of the chamber but she figured someone else could mention that.

With: Class... Hannah

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
A loyal friend like you?
I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:23 am
User Image
                                                  I'm no hero, you remember how I was, you know
                                                  All I ever did was worry, feeling out of control
                                                  To the point where everything was going end over end
                                                  I'm spinning around in circles again

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Rᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇ Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rhys stepped into the classroom, already looking to find a seat. It didn't look like Savannah or Gid were there, and the white-haired boy was loathe to sit alone. Normally, he would have sucked it up and sat by himself somewhere in the back, but Rhys then took a good moment to realize what they were going to be discussing. They were doing review work. An eyebrow twitched, and Rhys gnashed his teeth together before he simply turned on his heel and walked out. He didn't need review work, and certainly didn't need to study any of it. He already knew it!

════════════════════════

Thinking: Are we... We're doing review work. Why did I even come into class today?
                                                  OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

This is where you come in
                                                  All of this to explain to you why
                                                  I had to separate myself away from yesterday's life
                                                  Please remember this isn't how I hoped it would be
                                                  But I had to protect you from me

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:29 pm
User Image

User Image

Second Year │ Hufflepuff │ Pureblood

Kai walked into History of Magic, an eyebrow raised as he noticed the white-haired boy walking out of the class almost as soon as he walked in. He took a seat next to Emma and Hannah, listening as they went over topics from last year.

Name Here

OOC:

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

ᴛᴛɪʀᴇ ﹕﹕ [x]
ᴀᴍs ﹕﹕ [x]
ᴏᴏᴅ ﹕﹕ Bored
ᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ﹕﹕ HoM Class
ᴏᴍᴘᴀɴɪᴏɴs ﹕﹕ Students, Professor
ʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ﹕﹕ '..............'

Of course Esmée would end up arriving to a class that would be focused on review. At least Professor Hill had the sense that if people didn’t get what was being taught the first time around, it would be pointless for them to linger on the topic and never move forward with new lessons. ’Oh god…’ Before she could progress any further with that train of thought, Esmée put a stop to it at once. ’… am I actually complimenting that man?’ She almost gagged at the thought. Okay, maybe Herbology wasn’t so bad after all. She would’ve much rather been mutilating trees than listening to the other kids drone on about things of the past. ”Perhaps, Professor Powell,” Esmée began, raising her hand only after she had spoken. Looking from side to side at the rest of the class, Esmée continued to speak. ”You could lead us on a field trip to this Chamber some day? Seems the class is fairly fixated on the thing anyways.” With her lips curling into a little mischievous smile and her eyebrow rising into a perfect arch, the young Slytherin turned to face the Professor. ”I’m sure by now the room is nothing more than a glorified broom closet for our caretaker, is it not?”

Esᴍᴇ́ᴇ Cᴏʀᴀʟɪɴᴀ Bɪᴀɴᴄʜɪ / / Pᴜʀᴇ Bʟᴏᴏᴅ / / Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ / / . . . / / Eʟᴇᴠᴇɴ / / Hᴇᴍʟᴏᴄᴋ Wᴏᴏᴅ / / Pʜᴏᴇɴɪx Fᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Cᴏʀᴇ

{ OOC ;; ... }

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces