Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
т α ι v α s : O P E N ( still accepting a few spots) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:24 pm
Black and pink, Jake would have to remember that. Though, he wasn't sure to get black boots with pink highlights, or pink boots with black highlights. He would probably go with the former just because he thought it would probably go better with more outfits.

Jake shook his head as Amorette went off at him about his apology. "Helpless, huh? I highly doubt that. It seems like it would be kind of stupid to leave two giftless princesses with no way of self-defence." He said as he took off to follow her and make sure she didn't get lost. "As for what you said about me and my fellow crewmates, it sounds an aweful lot like what people in power do. Go and mess with peoples lives, whether or not they like it. The only difference is we don't try to hide it. Personally, I hate kidnappings. It's dirty work and causes nothing but trouble. The only way I can follow orders like that is to pretend the people we take are nothing but boxes of goodies. So, yeah. I was still in that mindset when I was yelling at the captain. My apology is sincere. Whether or not you accept it is up to you." He said, a bit more calmly than he expected.

((Editted. Sorry, clicked submit before I was done))

Okami Ameras

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:28 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon

User ImageUser Image

My parents never encouraged us to learn self defense. She said. Which was true, she knew as she thought back; her parents wanted the girls to learn the art of ruling the country, though she never put much attention to that. Rachana was far better suited for that task, and Amoretta knew it. After all... what is a gift-less person to do against someone with the ability to manipulate fire? To summon storms, or the ability to manipulate lightning? To see intensely great distances, or super strength? Without a gift, you'd have to be... She trailed off, not sure how to continue that thought without completely giving herself away.

... Corrupt people who toy with people's lives are everywhere. I know the Royal family works to purge their government system of them at least annually. But everyone wants to toy with our lives, my life and my sisters... and we do not appreciate it.

As for your apology... I will wait to have to see if you are sincere. I hate being looked at like an object. An object to be used at someone's whim. And my sister too. My sister... She faded off into thought again, making that quiet thinking face that proceeded chaos.

LOCATION : The Galatea xxx COMPANY : Jake xxx HEALTH : 90%xxx OOC :

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:21 pm
So her parents didn't want her to know how to defend herself? Seemed kind of stupid to Jake, especially seeing how many people wanted her and her sister. But, it wasn't his job to decide how the children should be raised. And did she really not know how to fight people with powers, or was she just pretending? It was too soon to tell.

Jake let a small laugh escape his lips at Amoretta's mentioning of the corrupt officials. "You think I'm talking about the corrupt officials?! Please. They're just the most obvious about it. I'm talking about all of them. They talk about peace and helping the people, yet you see them ignore and exploit the poor. You see them send others into war because another country asked for a little bit more money, or because they decided they didn't have enough land. Whenever they feel like they don't have enough money in their pockets, they raise taxes on the hardworking people of the land which causes people some people to no longer be able to afford food and either die, beg, or go to jail. Tell me, how is any of that fair or just?" He asked, not bothering to hide his feelings about governments in general.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:57 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon

User ImageUser Image

Her eyebrows furrowed on his words about the government. Did he realize who he was talking too? The future leader of one such said government, and hopefully the military if she had her way. And her sister... her sister would be the kindest, most awesome benevolent queen ever. Hell, she already thought of Rachana as a Queen.

Have you ever worked in the government? She snapped. Have you ever truly talked and worked with the people there? If you haven't then don't generalize like that.

She was fuming now. She had caused enough trouble for her family and the government to see it's true face-- both the good and the bad.

There are the corrupt, but there are the people who really try to help others. And if you can't see those who are genuinely good, then that's your loss. Don't tell me about the people I grew up with, a*****e. She spat.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Okami Ameras

"You can't tell me that there's a single false word in my previous statement. If there is, i'd like for you to point it out and explain why it's wrong. And no, I've never worked for the government. But I did live in one of the poorer regions of Adella. Not once has anyone from government shown sympothy towards them. They didn't ever bother to stop by and see what their citizens thought about what was happening. The town and it's people were ignored. I still remember when taxes went up ten years ago. Poor Mr. Loveland couldn't afford to pay. He explained that most of his money went towards food, rent, and medical bills. He offered to pay what he could, but they didn't listen. He was promptly arrested. I tried writing a letter to our dear King and Quees, but nothing ever came of it. So, while I can't judge their individual character, I can judge how they view the lower classes. And I'm sure there's some really good people in government, just not enough to make a difference for those less well off financially." Jake said. He knew she would still see this as a direct assault to her family. But it wasn't, it was just Jake's view on the government as a whole. He knew that there were people out there that truly did mean well, but that usually isn't the case.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:01 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon

User ImageUser Image

You are wrong for stating that everyone is like that. She said, narrowing her eyes. It doesn't matter what the government does as a whole, it doesn't represent the individuals, good or bad, that make it up.

She turned and walked away, once again trying to find her way up deck.

My parents never got a letter from you. But my sister... my sister will change that. When this fiasco is over, and we're home again, my sister will be the best queen this land has ever seen. She will make Adalla a wonderful place to live and be in. I have utmost faith in her. She said. And she stopped and looked back at Jake, eyes narrowed in anger. And I will be her general. I will be the enforcer that keeps my lands and my people safe. Safe from people like Eureka, Marcus, and you.

She then turned around and continued on. She grit her teeth in anger, but she did her best to keep a lid on it. She had too, if she wanted to keep up her masquerade of being harmless.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:16 pm
Jake couldn't help but smile a bit at Amoretta's words. She sure had an optomistic view of the government. Who knows, maybe she's right. Maybe the government really is as great as she says it is, or maybe she's just biased because her parents are in charge. Maybe Jake's just biased because of his experiences. Maybe he'll never really know.

He decided maybe it was time to stop following her for now. She seemed rather upset at him and didn't want to cause an insident. Besides, another crew mate could take over making sure she doesn't cause too much trouble, and he could always pick the conversation up later. But first... "The people who make up government are the one's that make the decisions princess! Don't make the mistake of considering government to be a different being with it's own thoughts and feelings!" He said as she took off. He always felt he needed to have the last word. He leaned against a wall as he tried to decide what to do next. There was sure to be something that needed doing before all else.

Okami Ameras

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:20 pm
"Of course you can't" Joe said not turning his eyes to her as they walked. Instead he fished another cigarette from his pocket and lit it as they moved about to the main part of the deck. "Know though" Joe said as he exhaled lightly a plume of smoke making it's way from his mouth. "Should your cargo make any attempts to harm the ship-" he started as a thud behind them stopped Joe mid sentence.

"Sorry to interrupt the two of ya." A voice came from behind as the man who had landed stood up slowly giving a quick salute. "But I haven't seen the cargo for awhile now and ya told me to report should that happen" Evan said looking to Joe. He had been sitting in the sails and masts of the ship keeping watch on Amoretta since he had been dismissed earlier and was keeping a running time tag on since she had disappeared off the deck. That was not his place and if he was to follower her there it would be far to evident he figured of his actions.

"Good good, go back to your post" Joe said dismissing Evan who gave a nod and rushed off. "Probably planning something" he muttered from the info he had been given. "Wasn't Jake and Marcus with her only earlier" he muttered to himself in though wondering what the girl could be doing. "Your cargo is unchecked" Joe said looking to Eureka with a small raise of his eyebrow.  

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:19 am
User Image
╔═ Eureka smiled at Evan, nodding when he left. She looked to Joseph. "Looks like that is my time to go," she noted and strutted off, her coat flapping against the chilly wind of the mountains behind her. They were closing in on her cave soon. They'd pick up some of her savings there before heading out. She would have to check on her other half the treasure now though, and pocketed her hands as she searched for Amoretta. Upon finding the red head in a heated discussion with her mechanic, Eureka decided to stay back.

She had only caught the last of Amoretta's words before popping in, waving her hand to Jake and coming up behind Amoretta. "Who knew you to be so heated about this, mi Amor," she said, a play on words on her name. She rubbed her neck and looked to Jake before back at the princess. "I don't mind you speaking your mind. Actually, I'm glad you're doing it. I was starting to think your innocent personality was starting to get old," she admitted. She crossed her arms. "But do you think your father would honestly let you and your sister take on the throne? Being without ability? Even if you do inherit the throne, the other officials would force you and your sister to be little puppets." She wiggled her fingers like she was playing with some invisible marionettes. "I don't know everything you told Jakey here, but the most freedom you will ever have will be on this ship. Besides, it isn't all that bad." She opened her arms to the sky. "We're floating in the sky, for witch's sake! How can it get better than this?!" She twirled around and looked around her ship with pride. "I mean, besides the few scoundrels here," she said in a little louder voice but obviously in a more mirth tone, "us pirates aren't so bad. Don't generalize like that and imply things about the people I grew up with." She had used Amoretta's words against her, and she hoped this didn't make Amoretta explode. Or maybe it would. Either or, Eureka thought it might do it some good.

Eureka looked to Jake. "Prepare the engines, I'll take care of my Amor here. We need to anchor for a bit to get to the cave." ═╝

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:18 am
User ImageUser Image

Amoretta stayed quiet as she was approached by Eureka. Ah, this b***h again. She thought quietly as Eureka spoke. Apparently she had heard at least the tail end of Amoretta's conversation with Jake.

Upon Eureka's words about her and her sister becoming puppets, she closed her eyes.

She was standing in the Palace's courtyard. There was Rachana standing across from her-- no one else to bear witness to what was about to happen. In Amoretta's hand was a tall halberd, a polearm. It was one of the many weapons that she had trained with over the years.

Rachana was unarmed. She stood there, and smiled. With a gesture she beckoned Amoretta on.

Amoretta leapt, quick as a flash as the brought the halberd down upon Rachana's head. Her sister sidestepped, before grabbing the halberd with one hand and slamming amoretta hard with a punch with the other. Amoretta's grip was torn from the weapon as she was sent flying into a wall. Amoretta hit the wall so hard, she smashed through it and ay there in a pile of rubble.

I don't think... Amoretta started. That us being ability less will be a problem.

Amoretta got up, scrambling out of the rubble. She looked about, looking for her sister when a red flash appeared next to her. She turned her head and saw Rachana there, the tip of the polearm stuck deep into the dirt of the sparring ground as she swung around the weapon like a dancer's pole.

And even if I become a puppet...

Amoretta barely got a block up in time. The kick that her sister landed was enough to shatter a normal fighter's arm, or leave a dent in their ribs; and even with Amoretta's conditioning it was enough to jar her.

... My sister will never be one...

Amoretta lashed out and grabbed Rachana's ankle, pulling her sister from her dance with the polearm.

Not bad sissy, for never using a halberd before! Amoretta shouted as she brought Rachana up by her ankle and went to slam her down face-first into the dirt. Rachana lifted her arms and hit the ground on them, hitting the ground in a roll. Amoreta didn't let go, and was dragged down with her sister.

Thanks! Rachana returned, before flipping upward and body slamming Amoretta into the ground with enough force to flip herself upright. She lifted up her leg and brought it down, stopping not even a millimeter from Amoretta's throat.

... of that I have no doubt.

I win. Said Rachana, before stepping off Amoretta and offering a hand. Amoretta took it, and she was pulled to her feet.

That was all Amoretta said to Eureka, before walking away from her across the deck. She lifted her nose to the the air and feigned ignoring the captain and her obvious attempt to rile her. Even if Amoretta couldn't escape. Even if Amoretta remained trapped here, with these pirates, she knew her sister would find a way. A way to re-unite them. A way to get them home. Or, knowing Rachana-- a way to send them both on a whirlwind adventure of a lifetime.

LOCATION : The Galatea xxx COMPANY : Eureka xxx HEALTH : 90%xxx OOC :

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Greedy Fat Cat

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:50 am
User Image
╔═ Eureka made a soft click of her tongue, tapping her arm as she leaned on one leg as she watched Amoretta walk off. She let her, if only to let Amoretta have the final word on the matter. Her brow rose before Eureka sighed.

That girl…and her sister…Did they truly believe that they would be able to rule a nation by themselves? That government officials would just let them do as they pleased? The real reason they were alive today were because they were ability-less and no one knew what to do with them. Once they claimed that throne, it probably would take no time at all for other government officials to realize that it didn't matter if they were ability-less or not and probably get rid of them. Even if the two could physically defend themselves, they would be tired out and broken in no time mentally and emotionally. She had hoped that Amoretta's time here on her ship would be enjoyable and a learning experience. Not something she would come to hate.
The part that really burned Eureka was the fact that she hated pirates so much. That she could tell. Eureka couldn't lie. She was a dirty, lying, greedy pirate herself. But everyone had their vices. Everyone, no matter who they were.

But she couldn't blame Amoretta. Who would believe the woman that kidnapped her and her sister, and then manage to lose one of them? Eureka could say she probably got the more problematic of the two and wondered how the other twin would've reacted to this whole situation.
Eureka had already promised herself to steal back the other twin. She had even promised Amoretta to reunite them. And then maybe, perhaps, she could teach these two a little something about life. She wouldn't have to lie to her crew about the reason why she stole the twins in the first place either. She scratched her head, humming something as she walked away from the scene as well. She didn't want to stay in a bitter mood, since she woke up more on the chipper side this fine morning, and moved to the helm of the ship, waiting for Jake to prepare the engines. She could see her cave within view, and grinned at the sight of it.═╝

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:11 am
Wire_Colossus

Greedy Fat Cat

I wandered.

I lost track of Tondra, Viktor, and Veasna in the crowed-- the museum was quite popular it seemed. I wonder what that meant for the people around me.

Most of the objects varied in size, shape, and use it seemed. Though they all seemed tob e made of that same dark steel grey metal. Looked like gunmetal, I thought from my studies. Occasionally, one would light up if I got too close. I would quickly back away and head away from it. Last thing I needed was to attract attention.

Eventually I reached a very large mass of the dark metal, shaped in a perfect round ball. I looked down at the plaque to read what it said; there was no ropes around it.

Beep.

I glanced back up.

Beep.

Infront of me formed a small panel, made of light from the large mass of metal to look like crystal. On it was a... language? The symbols were unfamiliar.

I timidly reached out to touch it. The panal glimmered, flashed and flickered.

I reached out beyond the panel, a look of awe on my face. I touched the surface of the great orb with a gloved hand, hoping to get a feel for the metal.

Suddenly, I felt like my hand was caught in the metal! It sucked me in, and everything went black.

~~~

Tondra looked about. Where had Rachana gotten too? Didn't she know it was best to stay with the group? For such an intellege--

The woman thought was interrupted when she heard a yelp of surprise from a familiar voice, a quiet sound filled the hall. It sounded like a high pitched whine, but didn't sound very organic.

There was a murmur from the people around Tondra as a good number of the displays started rattling around in their cases. She stood on her tip-toes to get a good look at what was going on, and she saw the giant black orb. It had gotten bigger then she had last seen it, and glowing lines had lit up across it's surface...

The question is... where was Rachana?

~~~

I was alone in the dark. I was surrounded by heavy blackness, save for the area before my eyes. I was dimly aware that I was upside down, my kimono and clothes caught mid swish. Images, words, were flashing infront of my eyes. I shouldn't be able to breathe right now, yet my chest gently rose and fell, and I found myself being unnaturally calm.

I closed my eyes as the information flashing before my eyes wormed it's way into my mind. I fell asleep, and dreamed of the Ancients.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:49 pm
Jake looked up in mild interest as Eureka revealed herself. How long had she been standing there, he wondered. Did she hear the whole thing, or just bits and pieces? It was hard to tell, but she definitely caught the last little bit of the...discussion.

Jake nodded and started his way to the engine room as he was given the order to ready the engines. He knew what Eureka meant by the cave. It was where she had most of her treasures stored away at. Was she just going to grab enoug for when they dock in a city? Or was she planning to do something else? Thinking about that started to hurt his brain. He just pushed the thoughts aside as he entered the engine room.

Once in the engine room, he started to make some minor adjustments. He had to make sure that the ship would safely stay where they were at, while making sure it doesn't just...float away. He had to ensure of a couple failsafes as well, should something go wrong. Usually everything works according to plan. But it never really hurt to take the precautions anyways.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:05 pm
User ImageUser Image

Amoretta wandered over to the side, and stepped up to the railing. She hunched over, looking out over the mountain vista as the ship came to a halt-- apparently to collect some treasure from some cave.

Who did these people think she was? They were making more assumptions about her life. She HATED that. They acted like she should be grateful to them for kidnapping her and her sister. They acted like she was ignorant of the government that her family lead. Ignorant of the corrupt officials that may or may not eventually make their move against the twins after Rachana would take the throne.

They were ignorant of the fact that people already had tried. And they died for their efforts.

She spat over the side of the ship. Assholes, all of them.

She thought of Rachana, then. What was her sister up to, right now? She remembered reading the dossier on Tondra and the Erberus.

She was sitting in the library, long after night fell. It was dark, lit only by a group of candles on the stone table where Amoretta sat. Amoretta was reading some notes on an coming captain of the Marus military-- one Hector Thunderbird. Amoretta wondered if she'd ever get to meet the man.

There was footsteps, and she looked up. There was Rachana, a file under her arm and candle in hand. She smiled at her sister, and Amoretta returned it, patting the place infront of her.

What's up?

Rachana dropped two files onto the table. Both files bore intricate woodcuts of a ship each-- one the black Erberus, and the other, the Galatea. Both files were very thick.

I thought you'd like to know-- these two ships have been seen in the area lately.

Amoretta smiled. You wanna talk pirates? She asked.

Yes. Rachana said, sitting down opposite from her.

First we have the Galatea, which holds the notorious pirate Eureka Fortuna, bearer of the Blue Flame. She said, sliding the file over to her. Amoretta closed the file on Hector and put it aside. Infamouse crew members are Marcus Peter Williamson, wielder of the Wind Blades and notorious serial killer, and Joesph Dewitt, Scope eye. Both former Military members.

Amoretta nodded, and stared reading over the file carefully.

The second, The Erberus; A black ship carrying the Mage Pirate Tondra Maeve Vyne, gifted with the ability to wield lightning; Other notable pirates includes Storm elemental Viktor Edward Evans and Mallik Torn Pages, Manipulator of Water.

For the rest of the night, the two discussed the ships. Of how Eureka started out with a life of crime; of Rachana's suspicion that Tondra had been framed for fraud. They talked about their different styles of raids, the types of people on the ships, everything.

Amoretta smiled at the view before her as she remembered that memory of that night. It had happened not too long before Eureka had kidnapped them both. Knowing Rachana, she would motivate Tondra to be more cooperative if she offered an official investigation into the incident concerning her brothers. She wondered if Rachana was First Mate yet.

LOCATION : The Galatea xxx COMPANY : Nobody xxx HEALTH : 90%xxx OOC :

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Shiningdragon21

Omnipresent Mystic

15,190 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:34 pm
The difference between the good guys and the bad guys

"What goes thru that mind of your princess" Joe asked as the sound of his boots tapping across the deck behind Amoretta. A steam of smoke slowly trailing out of his mouth as he took up a space a few feet away from her. "Escape, sabatoge, murder? What ever you can to remove yourself from this ship and reunite yourself with both your sister and your country I would imagine plagues your thoughts as you move across the ship and interact with the crewmen." Pulling a drag from the cigarette from his mouth Joe looked at the girl.

Out of all the crew on the ship he had been the only one so far as not to bother talking to the girl aside from the small exchange they had made when she had first arrived. He cared little for the girl, this much was easy to tell. Unlike Jake tho, Joe saw the girl neither as cargo, person, nor anything more then another organism brought upon the ship by the captain that served no purpose in his eyes.

"Escape currently would be ill advised" he said less seemingly pointed towards her and more towards anyone in the area that could hear him. "It would be interesting to see tho" he chuckled a bit as his eye finally was shifted to look at the girl. "Think tho before you act is all I will caution. A single wrong step may be all it takes for disaster." Reaching his hand up Joe pulled the cigarette from his mouth for a moment as he exhaled a thick plum of smoke from his nose.
Is whether they use a human shield or make themselves one.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff