Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:54 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 3 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 4 items collected, 2 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 1 items collected, 3 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 5 items collected
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 5 items collected
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 4 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 4 items collected
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 3 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 3 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 3 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 2 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 2 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 1 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 1 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 1 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 0 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 0 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

--------------------

@ Gendo:

The marketplace shouldn't be too difficult to find, you're pretty sure you noticed it on your way to the castle yesterday!

However, you actually have no idea where you currently are, so you mostly end up wandering a bit, not sure if you're getting closer, farther, or going in circles.

But you get a Free Raise!

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

"Ah, okay. I wanted to make sure I'd have enough for your purp-

"Wait just a minute," Ruri would interrupt. "So what you're saying is, that you're just saying such things because it's me?" Her hands would be on her hips, and she would be giving you admonished look.

"Aauuuuhhhhhhh..." the young man would pause in the process of getting you your sample.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Right, right," Shoichi would say, standing corrected. "My apologies, Himura Kaichiyo-san, my writer was up far past his bedtime a moment ago memory was a bit foggy in that regard."

Kaichiyo, give me a roll to seek out some sort of art. This isn't a 'search the city' roll so other teams won't advance nor can you use/accumulate free raises. Just a single roll, please. TN 20 to find 'inexpensive art' for sale.  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 4 10-sided dice: 2, 5, 2, 4 Total: 13 (4-40)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:33 am
[Lore: Ripoff Artists to identify a piece of art among the stalls that could be purchased cheaply on account of being a replica
Void Spent for +1k1
Roll 4k4 untrained vs. TN20
2, 5, 2, 4 = 13 crying ]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:55 pm
"You keep getting us our tea. We'll be gone soon enough." Naohiko directed the shopkeeper. "You're saying it's a bad thing, to make sure one's requests and statements are as clear as possible."  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 1, 1, 8, 6, 1 Total: 17 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:03 pm
"... I think we might be a tad lost... let's head to the docks, then towards the castle and we should get to the marketplace."

Perception/Investigation: 3k2 - Raise Called to reduce TN - 9
Target: Marketplace

... The Fortune of Luck decides to keep Gendo and Kiyo lost.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:19 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 4 items collected, 2 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni
--------------------
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 5 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 2 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 2 items collected

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

It appears that any art vendors are either currently closed, or outside your price range. Looking around the market, you note that it's not as busy as you might expect; the winter has kept many customers and merchants alike at home, so your options are more limited than they normally would be.

"Soooo..." Shoichi would say idly as you searched without result. "Do you think Naohiko-san realized that he's being followed?" This was asked casually, apparently as Shoichi tried to make conversation.

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

"R-right," the shopkeeper would say, though he keeps looking over his shoulder as he was still gathering some things.

Ruri would pout for a moment, slightly put off. "I can't mess with you if you don't act defensive, Naohiko-san." She would cross her arms over her chest. "And here I was confident I could keep it going for at least a full minute."

The young man would then approach the two of you after it seemed to be over, and presented his options. "I have a couple different teas I can offer you for your needs. Chamomile tea is commonly taken before slumber, and we have plenty of that in. It is the most widely known for its properties, without a doubt. But I also have a green tea blend of ginseng and lemongrass which is best drank in the morning, but it keeps one relaxed and healthy so sleep comes easier, later in the day. I'm not sure if you would be more interested in repute or effectiveness, samurai-sama."

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Well, you can find the ocean easily enough but no docks are in sight from where you are. You find yourself near a roped-off shallow cliff face that overlooks a beach with some rocks that look like they would give a great view of the city if you stood upon them, especially during sunset. Near the rocks are some religious-looking signs and minor structures, but you are too far away to glean meaning from them.

But as I said: No docks in sight.

You gain a free raise while spending a free raise.  
Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 2, 6, 4, 9, 2, 8 Total: 31 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:44 pm
The Kraken bushi deliberated his options first before responding to Ruri. "Four servings of each would cost how much? There's no reason not to go with both options if possible, is there?" After the merchant responded to him, Naohiko would address the priestess. "I"m sure that if you've decided I entertain you, Ruri-san, I'll provided many instances to bring you joy and pleasure over the course of this court."

OOC:
Awareness/Temptation 4k3 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
1 raise called to not be too obvious about it.
Dice: 9, 6, 4, 2
Results: 19-5=14  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:51 pm
"I'm not above admitting that I am completely lost. Any ideas?"  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 5 10-sided dice: 7, 9, 5, 6, 4 Total: 31 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:08 am
"Oh I'm sure it's just-" she began, but stopped in her tracks when she actually processed what she'd just heard. "I didn't realize he was being followed. Did you get a good look at the stalker?! I hope he does, but I'd still like to warn him..."

Of course, there was then the matter of actually finding him again when she hadn't the slightest idea of where he'd gone. "We should at least try to track him down. There's nothing left for us here anyway. Not that we can afford."

And with that she was off in the last direction she saw her clansmate heading.

[Perception/Investigation (Search) to find Naohiko or clues to where he'd gone
Roll: 3k2 vs. TN??
7, 9, 5 = 16 (+2 if Shoichi helps?)]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:48 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
--------------------

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

"F-four? Not six? I can try to find something else that I currently have right now that is less than six servings if you wish, great samurai." The young man would pause. "But eight servings total would run you three zeni, sir."

Ruri would shake her head when Naohiko addressed her. "... don't. Just... just no. Don't do that." She verbalized it in such a way as encouragement to detain, rather than flat-out shutting him down, for what it's worth.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

"Well..." Kiyo would say, pausing for a moment to place an index finger to her chin thoughtfully. "We could look for something else, and hope we come across the marketplace later? I think stubbornness won't get us very far at all if we're lost."

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

"Stalkers," Shoichi would correct. "A couple peasants followed him here, stopped a ways back when he was with us, then when he left with that Moshi woman they followed him out of my sight."

Shoichi would kind of shrug indifferently. "Unless he has a lot more coin on him than most samurai and he was flashing it around, it's probably nothing to worry about. He seems like a nice enough guy. I doubt he's said or done anything to upset them. Don't you think?"

Yes, his bonus can aid you (but not the free raises). No, you can't seem to follow his path; though it's not busy like the rest of the year, there are enough people here to have your vision deceive you time and again. And the few people you ask are unable to help you. The TN to track down a single person in the whole city is kind of high, especially since he's likely indoors around the time you may even be close to his area.

Naohiko has thoroughly given you the slip.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 7, 9, 7, 5, 4 Total: 32 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:25 pm
"History then." He nods, turning and walking away from the sea.

Void/Investigation - 3k2 - 16
Target: Piece of Crane History  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:31 pm
The Kraken bushi sighed as he apparently was letting a misunderstanding fester anyways. "Merchant-san, we do not need to sample your wares. I've decided to defer to your judgement. What I really wish for is enough of both types of tea leaves for four servings. If you've already steeped tea on my behalf, I will pay for that as well. Please repeat what you think I've said to you."

As far as Ruri, Naohiko gave a curt nod and busied himself in making sure his instructions were correct.  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 6 10-sided dice: 5, 9, 6, 2, 5, 4 Total: 31 (6-60)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:25 pm
"Them specifically? I do doubt it. What worries me is the possibility that they were hired by Miss Yoritomo Satoko, and since she really doesn't need more fuel against us, their intent could only be dishonorable and, kami forbid, deadly." she responded as she desperately tried to find her clansmate... and failed. She made a little whimper of distress, but with not even the slightest clue where to begin, had no choice but to trust in Naohiko's skills.

With a look of worry clearly plastered on her face, she simply wandered, lost in more ways than one.

[Void/Perception to stumble upon Something Worth Dueling Over.
Roll: 4k3+2 vs. TN 30
5, 9, 6, 2 = 22]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:30 am
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 4 items collected, 3 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 1 items collected, 4 Banked Raises
--------------------

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Kiyo smiles slightly. "That's a good idea. I feel like I can better contribute with that topic. I think I saw something we should look into that way, that we passed earlier," she would say, indicating back the way you came.

You do not find anything historical yet as you two walk away from the historical site, but you do find a free raise!

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Shoichi would frown with concern, at one point stepped in front of Kaichiyo to bar her path. "Kaichiyo-san, my love, think it through. Whomever they are, they obviously are avoiding facing a group. He's still with another samurai. If they really are Mantis assassins as you claim, do you think they'd risk a confrontation with one of their own? Unless you think Moshi Ruri is actually in on it? You seemed to trust her and what she had to say," he would remind her.

"If this Satoko woman is such a thorn in your side, and something does happen to Naohiko, I can personally deal with her for you, Kaichiyo-san." Though he would not be smiling, he would look Kaichiyo right in the eyes as he said this.

After that, the two of you would begin walking again and continue on your way. While you would not stumble across something worth dueling over, you would stumble across a free raise!

"But for now, I'm going to go with my gut instinct. As long as Naohiko and Ruri remain together, nothing will happen to him."

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

Ruri would suddenly interject, moving in front of Naohiko and glaring up at him. "Merchant, wait. Himura-san, what's gotten into you? Ever since that little chat with the Spider, you haven't been acting yourself. Unless this is the real you after all? There's no need to bully this man, he's just trying to do his job and sell you tea, you are the one who keeps changing your mind. Don't take it out on him."

She would point behind Naohiko with one hand. "Wait outside, I'll resolve matters in here. This isn't up for negotiation. Especially after you told him I wouldn't get to sample anything."

Naohiko, if you wish to oppose her, you'll have to roll versus her intimidate.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 8, 2, 8, 9 Total: 30 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:00 pm
He turns and nods. "Well then, let's see if we can't find it again." And sets off.

Perception/Investigation - 3k2 - 11
2 Free Raises spent to lower TN
Target: Piece of Crane History  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:06 pm
Naohiko bit back any response he was likely to issue and did as he was bidden. Once outside the store, Naohiko would lean on one of the store's walls and eat the second dango stick, leaving one remaining.  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games