Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Uva-Naranja Academy [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 9:14 pm
Both E and B got excited over the idea of Tristen participating in the tournament. They too were going to so it would be fun to see if one of them got paired up with their new friend as well. Before the twins could carry on with much else the teacher, Mr. Salvatore, would walk in, a Raichu walking in behind him. "Bonjour and guten morgen class! I am senhor Salvatore! ...as most of you know!" The teacher laughed, speaking worlds in words of four different languages.

The bell would ring and all the students would get in their seats and Mr. Salvatore would prepare himself for starting class officially. Once everything was settled the teacher would fix his eyes on Tristen and smile. "As some of you may know by now we have a new student at our school! A senor Tristen! Please stand up!" He said, gesturing at Tristen. "Now, monsieur Tristen, where are you from? What region? What city? Tell us something about your local culture, your language, maybe some Pokemon unique to your homeland! I hear you come far from Paldea!" The teacher asked of Tristen, appearing excited to learn about where he is from. The class was now all staring at Tristen, including E and B.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 8:20 am
While the twins were pretty excited, Tristen couldn’t say as such. While he didn’t mind Pokémon battles, provided at this point that they weren’t the difference between life and death, a mission accomplishment or failure, or anything extremely high stakes, he wasn’t putting any emphasis on it either. Sure he might train and raise a Pokémon, because he enjoyed the time with his Pokémon, especially how they pulled him out of many a scrape, fact of the matter was that he wanted a break. It was why he wanted to focus on the general education than anything else. Then again, he figured he probably shouldn’t be all that surprised. This academy does seem to favor various Pokémon related activities as it does just anything else. It was perhaps why it was so prestigious in Paldea. Perhaps, the world over if the Indigo alliance had any manner of relations with Paldea as they seemed to do. Still though, it bothered him how he got outright cornered in such a situation and he had no idea as to why.

The bell would ring out in the halls and Mr. Salvatore would finally make his way into the class room and Tristen would sit up to attention, his papers and pen ready to take on whatever notes that he felt was going to need to be taken for this class. When Salvatore’s attention turned towards Tristen, then subsequently brought everyone else’s attention towards him. It was time to introduce himself once again to a bunch of strangers. He stood up, listening to the whole list of questions to what he started to realize were guidelines more than actual expected answers the more he ended up introducing himself to these classes. That said, he had to delve into that Jhoto trivia once again that hopefully he wouldn’t really get called out on.

“Um, hi. So, I am from the Jhoto Region. Mahogany Town. While its not one of the smallest towns in the region, it’s still kind of down there. That said, that isn’t to suggest that the town isn’t all that important. For one, it’s a major stopping point for those taking part in the Pokémon League in Jhoto, since it holds the Mahogany Town gym, an ice type gym. The culture in the region as a whole is one that…perhaps entrenches itself in its history and traditions more than anything. You have major landmarks that has been up for centuries, which comes off as a little bit of a testament to everyone taking care of what they have in the region and not be reckless when going forward in the advancements of civilization. Understand the past to better the future. To this day, while there are major cities and port towns like Goldenrod City or Olivine City, which is about as close as you can get to say Mezagoza and Porto Marinada for example, there are the smaller areas that makes the entire region function as a whole. Azelea Town, for example is known as a major charcoal producer for the region. Or, perhaps for the Pokémon trainers, while you could just simply buy all the Pokeballs from your standard kind to Ultra Balls all you want from a Pokémon mart, there is a major family in Azalea that actually produces more customized Pokeballs that I don’t think are all that common the further away from Jhoto you get…like…” Tristen would just remember something, quickly digging into his pack and pulled out a couple of Pokeballs. One ball, blue and red, primarily with three thin yellow lines up in the front, then a dark grey Pokeball with dark blue spots. “…the Lure Ball and Heavy Ball, Pokeballs specially made by means of using the fruit from Apricorn trees. Um…what else…well, that I know of, there isn’t admittedly a whole lot of unique Pokémon compared to anywhere else. Jhoto shares a lot with its next-door neighbor, the Kanto region, so we share a lot of the Pokémon species with them like Pidgeys and Rattatas. I did find out yesterday that this region’s Wooper are Poison types while ours in Jhoto are Water types so I guess there a few differences here and there between Jhoto and here in Paldea. I don’t have a Wooper though from home; I never caught one so I don’t have one to show you all. Sorry.”

Tristen quickly tried to go through his whole backlog of trivia, and as far as what he could think of, it was the cliff notes version of the cliff notes for the Jhoto region. To talk about Jhoto as a whole, let alone Mahogany town, he’d effectively be reciting everything almost verbatim from what he was told about the region by his adoptive parents, or the random factoid from Snagem as a whole. “I…don’t know what else to say…” he said with a slight laugh, trying to keep some manner of levity in the room, hoping that it might suffice for the sake of the class.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 12:14 pm
Mr. Salvatore would listen to Tristen with great intent, the students a little more diverse in their attention as some paid close and others decided the floor was much more interesting than Tristen. E and B however were unusual in that they actually sat and listened to what Tristen, their new best friend, had to say rather than vibrate in their desks and examine every nook and cranny in the room with their eyes.

"Obrigado, mister Tristen! You are a very well spoken man. I once visited the Johto region myself, though I did explore too far outside of Goldenrod City, I must admit. Only went as far as the National Park. A very hermoso place!" The teacher responded to Tristen, giving him a little clap, some of the students following his example and clapping for Tristen. The twins, of course, took it too far as they stood up in their desks and clapped loudly for Tristen, Mr. Salvatore was quick to ask them to settle down, of which they did.

"Now then, for today's lesson we will be discussing-" Before the instructor could say more the door to his room opened up and in came a familiar face to Tristen, the other canine hybrid in his life; Matteo. "Signore Matteo...so nice of you to join us." Mr. Salvatore said, his voice dripping with displeasure as he folded his arms and stared at the young hybrid as he sulked into the classroom. Matteo would walk over to the only empty desk, the one directly behind Tristen. E and B would attempt to say something to him as he walked by but all it took was a loud 'clearing of the throat' from Mr. Salvatore to tell them it was not a good idea. Matteo would give Tristen a glare before sitting down.

"Now, as I was saying before we were rudely interrupted..." He said, beginning his lesson again. For the next fifteen minutes Mr. Salvatore would begin to discuss Pokemon-Human communication, how it takes on various forms from verbal to bodily to even the spiritual. There was even a mention of how hybrids have an easier time communicating with Pokemon, particularly Pokemon of their own type. While Salvatore was talking Tristen could feel a pair of eyes fixed on him from behind, Matteo's. Did he do something wrong already between earlier this morning and now?  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 2:22 pm
Tristen wouldn’t really expect the applause to come about; though he was relieved that at the very least that it was enough to satisfy Mr. Salvatore. As he went to put the Lure and Heavy balls back up in his pack and went to go sit down back in his seat, he looked up, seeing Matteo come in, not expecting him to actually be here. Tristen would manage to sit down finally just before Matteo found his way down the desk aisle and sit down himself. The glare didn’t escape Tristen’s notice…a scowl that made Matteo look worse than when he first met him yesterday. Was it because of the rumor? More than likely, Tristen figured. Tristen at this point was a bit resigned that he would have to put everything on the proverbial table if Matteo pressed him. Hopefully out of the classroom…

Tristen would start trying to pay attention to Mr. Salvatore, and much to Tristen’s astonishment, when Tristen thought Language class, he was figuring things like learning sentence structure and so on, remembering a couple of the third-hand textbooks that she picked up along the way for him. Instead, it was actual language. Foreign Languages and the barriers that come with them, and so on. Perhaps he could end up learning things like the Paldean tongue as long as he was here. He would start taking the various notes to Mr. Salvatore’s lesson, noting how Pokémon and people tend to talk to each other. But as he went along, he didn’t look back but he could practically feel it. Matteo still was glaring at him. Tristen had the feeling he had to brace himself soon…this rumor stuff was getting well out of hand.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 3:23 pm
Another forty-five minutes would go by with Mr. Salvatore turning the lesson to focus on the example of Paldean-Kalosian communication, an example of cross communication they all were familiar with, the hurdles of the different languages and culture. Eventually he'd pass out the homework for the day which gave examples of how a Paldean and a Kalosian that only spoke their native language might have trouble communicating with each other and it was the student's job to detail ways they might fix the communication problem without learning the other language. Pretty basic stuff that Tristen no doubt would have no problem completing.

In time the bell would ring signaling the end of class. "Merci beaucoup for your wonderful manners today class! Be sure to get the work done before we meet again and tschuss until next time!" He said, dismissing the class. It was time for the best time of day for any student; lunch time!

As Tristen exited the room E and B would run past him, Mr. Salvatore yelling at them in vain to slow down. As the twins passed Tristen they'd shout to him in unison. "See you at lunch Big T!" They shouted, giggling after as they ran off. Matteo would follow up from behind, lightly shoulder checking Tristen as he walked passed him and headed towards the cafeteria. If it wasn't clear before he was displeased with Tristen it was now.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 4:42 pm
As the class continued to roll on by, Tristen was ever judicious in his note taking. Though a lot of Mr. Salvatore’s lecture probably didn’t warrant it, Tristen, not really knowing better, went on ahead anyways, just to make sure. Tristen, trying to ignore the nagging feeling of having eyes bore into the back of his head by Matteo, was at the same time trying to be for the most part enthralled with the languages between those of other regions, and incidentally enough those of the Paldean and Kalosian native sorts. Tristen started to realize something rather off, however, that as he went on, going about the regions being with Snagem, everyone spoke all the same thing…sure they had their one-off weird dialect quirks, but nothing actually egregious. For instance, he fit in, relatively speaking, just fine coming here to Paldea because he was able to speak just as well. He wondered if he was lucky in that he hadn’t found some weird speaking person that he was unable to communicate with or that it wasn’t really that much of an issue nowadays. He didn’t know. He had to figure it out all the same this evening, thanks to Mr. Salvatore assigning homework to the class. Explain how to fix the communication problem without having to learn the other language. That…probably wouldn’t be too hard, Tristen thought. He’ll figure that out later this evening.

With the bell ringing, Tristen would gather his things and start his way out of the class. As soon as he did, he heard Mr. Salvatore yell out towards B and E to which Tristen was quickly to weave out of the way of the twins. It got a confused look, but kind of a slight chuckle out of Tristen at the same time. ‘Big T?’ Those two were endearing, if nothing else. Before Tristen managed to step forward once more, he gets slightly shoulder checked by Matteo, without even so much as a passing glance to Tristen as if to dare him to do something about it. Something had to have happened over the hour before Mr. Salvatore’s class. Tristen had the feeling that things weren’t going to go so great at lunch as it generally did yesterday.

Tristen would finally move forward, trying to find his way to the cafeteria once more.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 4:50 pm
Like yesterday Tristen would arrive in the bustling cafeteria, the place packed with students and faculty alike, all trying to get a bite to eat. The line for the food was fairly long and not intolerable but Tristen would be able to slip in just fine, taking his place behind a human student, another one coming up from behind him.

The line would slowly move as students ahead of him took their time to get their sandwiches, the lunch lady couple and their Pokemon doing their best to move them along but it was one of those days. As the students stood there in line the one in front of Tristen kept looking over his shoulder, at first it seemed like just a random glance to see what was behind him, the second time as if something caught his eyes, and the third was definitely pointed at Tristen as his gaze lingered on him for a bit.

A minute would pass before the kid turned his head a forth time and waited a second or two before speaking again. "You're the new kid, right? From Johto?" He asked. "I'm Florian." He said, extending his hand to shake.  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 5:13 pm
Tristen would wade his way through the sea of students, finally making it back to the cafeteria once more. As he made his way in and got in line, Tristen already figured as to what to get, anything that wasn’t the Five-Alarm. Good as it was, he wasn’t up for an outrageous burn for two days in a row. It was high time to try something else. He had to look at the menu again just to see what was there again as a refresher. As he waited, however, he tried to take a look out towards the cafeteria tables, trying to see where B and E were, and perhaps Matteo for that matter. Though Tristen was a little reluctant, admittedly. With that rumor floating about the school now, it was probably going to be quite problematic in getting Matteo off his case. Though what if Fela shows up and starts talking about Dragonite? What was he even going to say to Matteo? How would he even explain it to Matteo? Could he get away from still telling him about Snagem? Or would he figure that out? What about Nemona? Was she in here? Was she going to challenge him to a Pokémon battle out of the blue? Tristen couldn’t figure out what to do at this point; this rumor was derailing everything he was trying to do. He wanted to know most of all just who started it? Was it a Snagem? Was it someone else? And why? He only just got here, after all.

Tristen was for the most part distracted with how was he supposed to do things until he perked up when he realized someone was talking to him. He wasn’t paying too much attention originally to the one behind him, being deep in thought as he was. Only paying enough attention in front of him to keep the line moving. “That’s right. I’m Tristen. Hi, how’s it going?” Tristen said in response to Florian, shaking his hand when it was offered.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:06 pm
"It's going fine, I just thought it might be polite to introduce myself to the new student everyone has been talking about. The new hybrid at school." Florian said with a smile, noticing the line moved as they were talking and quickly closed the gap between himself and the person in front of him. "I'm kind of new myself, this is my first year at the academy and in Paldea all together, my mother and I having moved here about three months ago. Everyone here is really nice but I know what it's like to be new so..." He chuckled nervously, trying to find the words to finish what he wanted to say but couldn't.

"I think we had art class together!" He blurted out, finding something else to say. "You paired up with Penny, right? She's nice. Kind of reserved though..." Florian continued. "I heard you met Nemona though! Good luck with her." He chuckled.  
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 6:18 pm
"Art class? Yea, I did pair up with Penny. Everyone else was getting paired up faster than I had an opportunity to even start asking around, but I'm glad I actually got paired up with her. She is actually nice...though you're right, she's a bit reserved, but that's alright. I don't mind it really." Tristen said. The fact that he didn't mind it probably spoke volumes in how much he really valued trying to make new friends at this point. "I don't know what Nemona's deal though...or...really anyone's, honestly. I just got here and someone is spreading rumors about me. I don't even know what to do at this point. Its got Nemona all riled up, that's for sure." As he spoke, he kept careful mind trying to make sure the line didn't gap up, keeping it moving as everyone else in front moved.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:04 pm
"Nemona just really...really...likes to battle. Let's just say while she might be a Champion rank trainer but most people don't want to battle her anymore and not because she is so strong that she always wins but because she has a tendency to pester people into a battle. I like her though." Florian answered, stepping up again as the line kept moving. "But yeah, I've heard rumors about you, rumors seem to spread like wild fire at this school I'm noticing. Though I guess nothing like it has been for you, this is only your second day, right? Have any idea who might be spreading the rumors?" He asked.

As they stood in line a certain red furred hybrid exited the line after getting his food and passed by Tristen, giving him the stink eye as he walked to his table where E and B were waiting.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:17 pm
“Ch-champion!?” Tristen spoke up, surprised at the revelation. Nemona was a high ranking trainer at this academy? And these rumors got her spurred to get a battle…or several with him. Tristen sighed, rubbing his eyes in a fit of frustration. He had no idea who he honestly was dealing with earlier today. With a sigh, Tristen would then speak up to answer Florian’s question. “No idea, and I’m thinking its…” Tristen took notice to Matteo leaving the line and giving a glare that is doing nothing more than just irritating Tristen all the more. “…going too far. People are getting the wrong idea about me because of it. I don’t even know who could have started these rumors but it seems like its not going to stop any time soon.” Tristen at this point until he knew more was going to try to keep on the confused new kid stance for the time being, he figured. At the very least until he knew what started this whole debacle. “Rather I want to or not, I’m probably going to have to talk to Matteo and find out who told him. Then again, even if I find out who started all these rumors, what am I supposed to do? It isn’t like I can stop anyone from saying stuff, can I? I guess at the very least I can try to get Matteo to stop looking at me as if I did something wrong.”  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 5:37 pm
"You didn't know? Heh, that's kind of funny..." Florian commented, the food counter quickly approaching as the line was moving more and more. Florian would also notice Matteo's glare and confused he turned back to Tristen, however decided he wouldn't pry too much on that as the boy seemed to have enough problems. "Yeah, I don't know Matteo very well but he always seems...off. A lot of mood swings for some reason. I don't think he likes me anyways so..." He shrugged.

The boys would soon enough find themselves before Mrs. Picante, Florian quickly getting his sandwich, a simple peanut butter and jelly, and moving on. He'd inform Tristen before he shuffled off that he was going to eat outside and that it was nice meeting him.

With Florian taken care of Mrs. Picante would greet Tristen. "There is my new favorite lad! What can I get you today? How are you? How has class been? Tell Mrs. Picante everything!" She beamed happily.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 5:58 pm
With a wave goodbye to Florian, he looked over towards Ms. Picante.“Honestly? A little rough Ms. Picante. Someone has been spreading rumors around and its giving people the wrong idea. Two days in and apparently, I’m being talked about more than just being a Manetric hybrid. Its giving people the wrong idea.” He said to Ms. Picante. “That Nemona girl is already really anxious to battle me and…it looks like Matteo is mad at me when he was just fine this morning before classes started.” Tristen said, the look on his face seeming like he was in a little need of guidance. “I wish I knew what I did to get these rumors started, if anything. Anways…can I try your…” Tristen looked up towards the menu once more to get a refresher on the sandwiches that could be made then looked back towards Ms. Picante. “Can I give your Ultra Variety sandwich a try?” he then asked the lunch lady.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2024 5:57 pm
"Ah yes, little miss Nemona, she can be a handful." Ms. Picante laughed as she reached for and began to slice in half a loaf of bread, cocking her eyebrow as she heard the name of a certain Growlithe hybrid. "Well chico, I told you young Matteo could be troublesome...the boy seems to have some emotional problems and my experience tells me it starts at home. Just look at for yourself, young Tristen, you're too kind of a child to get dragged down. As for the rumors, I wouldn't worry about it, children talk, particularly in this school. It just means your interesting!" She laughed, then proceeded to put together the Ultra Variety sandwich he asked for.

Once she was done she'd wrap up the sandwich, set it on a tray, and slide it over to Tristen, pointing out the chips ahead like yesterday. "Now you keep your chin up, mi amor, don't let anyone get you down. Have a good rest of the day." She said with a smile.

As Tristen left the line he'd immediately spot E, B, Fela, and Matteo sitting at the same table with Nemona and Penny sitting at another. Which would he pick?  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff