Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
:.: Abigail's Nine :.: {Accepting/Open} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:33 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
"It may be from my family actually!" Elodie smiled over at Mark. "My aunts checking it out, because she's slightly into the whole genealogy thing. We did have a branch of the family with the same name though so it's entirely possible." Elodie tilted her head and gazed off into the distance.
"As for how old it is, I'd guess at least 50 years, so it's not that hard to read. But I don't normally have trouble with writing anyway, I'm a nurse so I have to translate chicken scratch into actual English all the time."

Elodie switched tables and flipped through scrap booking materials, she might find a nice border decoration for around the paper.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:00 pm
"From your family? That's so cool!" Miranda said with a smile. She chuckled at Elodie's profession. "Well, better you than me, I'm sorry to say. I have trouble reading my own writing sometimes, never mind doctor's writing. Every time I look at their stuff, I wonder how any one can read it." She chuckled quietly.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:20 pm
Mark smiled uncomfortably, still not sure of himself. "That's pretty neat," he agreed shyly. "What's it about? The letter, I mean?"

His mind kept tracking back to where are you Cybil, but he was holding his own.

And she'd trusted him to stay with the other two. He'd do what she'd asked.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:54 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
"Actually it's pretty neat, it's everyday stuff, but as it was written during the war it gets pretty interesting. Apparently Sophia, the lady who it was sent to - and my possible relative, had emmigrated from Europe to over here, and just had a baby. It was her friend,...Ah h.. Ab...i-gail that was writing. " Elodie tilted her head as she thought of the name, it had been slow in coming.

She went back to sorting through the scrap book sheets and held up a pastel type of azure. "Sophia had made her the babies' godmother and named her daughter Abigail too, so the original Abigail was writing to say thanks, and ask how things were going. Though you can tell things must have been pretty bleak, she was pretty down, talking about how she couldn't see having kids of her own. Made me wonder if the food shortage was so bad or if stress had gotten to her. Or if guys were just that scarce in general during that time." Elodie tucked the sheet into the crook of her elbow as she started looking at smaller card sheets with designs of pop up clouds, parasols, or cradles. Though she didn't think she wanted a full sheet of any of it, she started inspecting an ivory white for beneath the pastel.

"Seemed like a hard life, the poor lady. It's too bad she couldn't of moved too." she added, then paid for her sheets.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:23 pm
I wanna be the very best
To catch them is my real test

Like no one ever was
To train them is my cause

Miranda's eyes widened. No way. There was no way that was just a coincidence. She glanced at Mark, a smile curving her lips. She knew it. She'd known Elodie was special. Here was her proof. The girl was quite likely one of Abigail's nine. "That sounds fascinating." She said, turning her attention back to Elodie. "Old family things seem to have the most interesting stories. Even better than books sometimes." She said with a laugh.

Clickies please? You know you want to click the adorable pokemon on my farm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:45 pm
(I tried Absol, but apparently s/he/? was busy.)

User Image
Elodie looked over at Miranda and smiled. "Yeah," she agreed. "I just wish there was a bit more to it." She shrugged and resettled her hat on her head.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:53 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

((Yeah, I set her on a scour mission. >.< I've updated who can be clicked now.))

"You know, your story made me thing of an old journal I found in my attack." Miranda said thoughtfully, watching Elodie for how she wold react. "It was written by one of my however-many-times-great-grandmother. She mentioned an Abigail too." She toyed with a piece of colored paper on the table. "I wonder what the chances of them being the same Abigail are? I don't think it was a very common name at the time."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:02 pm
((OOC: Buckle up, kiddies - in the next post or two a storm's coming! >3))

Mark looked back at Miranda, but there was no real smile in return. So this was one of them? How did they bring it up? How did they prove it? His hands were shoved in his pockets, and he looked even more awkward than before.

His eyes widened and shifted to Miranda again when she spoke. "You mean in your attic?" he asked, trying for teasing. Freudian slip, there. "I guess it wasn't real common then."

Where the bloody hell was Cybil?  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:16 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

((*puts on seat-belt*))

Miranda blinked at Mark, confused for a second. Then she blushed and laughed. "Yeah. Attic. I have no idea why I said attack." She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. 'Whoopsie. Gotta keep a closer watch on my tongue.' She thought to herself

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:59 pm
(Umbrella time??)
User Image
Elodie looked up in surprise, "Another Abigail hunh? Even if they're not the same that's a pretty funky coincidence." She rearranged her bag straps and looked over at Mark.

He looked perplexed but still interested.

"My Abigail was into botany or Sophia was and she was just a really good friend. She gave Sophia a book about it anyway.

Her ponytail flicked in the sunshine, a coppery spear gilding the curled edges as the sun hid behind a cloud.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:55 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

((Oh sure. Make the sun go away why don't you. XP ))

"Botany? Interesting." Miranda mused on that. "I couldn't really say which one it was that liked it." She shrugged lightly, smiling. "The journal I found didn't say much. I got the impression it was a really dark time though. A lot of her thoughts seemed so dreary. And she was always writing about how Abigail seemed so stressed." She made a mental note to check out her journal, see if Sophia was, just out of curiosity.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:28 pm
((OOC: Exactly. >3))

Mark began to say something, but was interrupted by a scream from the other side of the farmer's market.

People were beginning to move away - to run away, actually - from a man on the far side with a strange, fixed smile that showed no actual humour.

There was another man on the ground behind him, sitting there looking dazed and confused. Blood ran down his face from where what appeared to be a table knife was stuck in his cheek.

And there was Cybil all of a sudden, moving to get between the man and the three of them. She was obviously talking, her quick hand motions and agitated expression enough to tell Mark something seriously bad was going on.

"Miranda--" he began, and then the man grabbed what looked like a barbeque fork off another table and advanced on the blonde.

"s**t!" And Mark took off, heading in her direction.

((OOC: Pausing here to allow you ladies to react.))  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:01 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

((*opens umbrella* I'm singing in the rain! Just, singing in the rain!))

Miranda's head jerked up at the sound of a scream. She quickly spotted the commotion and somehow wasn't surprised to find Cybil in the middle of it. She frowned, wondering what exactly was happening. The way the blonde was moving, she seemed agitated.

She stopped thinking though when the man grabbed the barbeque fork. All that mattered now was helping Cybil. The girl may have been prickly at times, but Miranda couldn't just stand by and watch her get hurt. She raced after Mark, just a few steps behind him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:41 pm
((OOC: Just waiting to give Zetao some time to respond.))  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:58 pm
(Sorry! I'm on hospital orientation- long days, and hey, who wants the sun to shine ALL the time? Earth needs rain don'cha know ^.^ )

User Image
Elodie looked up at the scream, then turned to look at the crowd spawning towards her and her new table friends. She saw Mark appear in front of her when only a moment ago he'd been across the table at her side. He was quickly followed by Miranda.

She looked ahead of them to the source of the commotion, saw the blonde girl striding toward a guy who was clearly under the control of a psychotic episode.
But it was the poor man slumped stunned on the ground that made Elodie run.
She dropped her bag and grabbed a towel on the run. She was fast and managed to catch up and surpass even Mark though they weren't exactly running to the same place. She crashed to her knees in front of the injured man. As the knife was still in his cheek, Elodie figured he could walk, and getting away from Tableware Tom was probably the best course of action.

"Don't try to talk" she told the man grabbing under his elbow and around his waist. She didn't know if the knife had any pressure on his tongue but she sure didn't want him to cause any more damage.
"I'm a nurse, I'm going to help you- but we need to move. Can you do that? I'll help - come on, on 3, one, two -" Hefting on three and using the worst body mechanics of her life, Elodie shifted the man upwards and onto his feet, turning her back on crazy Tom and hoping against heck the fork prongs weren't too long.

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff