Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:34 pm
@ Lion Tent:

Rain Yupa
Kan would bow gratefully at Kyumi's kind words. "I would not worry. From my understanding, then, this puts the Lion in a three-way tie with the Crane and Phoenix. Nothing to scoff at. And the week is still young. I'm sure you will have ample opportunity to prove yourself, young Kyumi-san. Call it... a strong hunch."

"Then I will hope that your hunch is right. For now... I think I should head to bed. Good night to both of you. " With that said, Kyumi waited a short moment to answer them if either had anymore to say to her. Otherwise, she would head to her part of the tent and settle down for the night.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:37 pm
DAY 2

Dawn would come, and many sore bushi would rise to begin the day over the next few hours. Several would leave their tents eager to practice their kata, while others prayed for Lord Sun to have a snooze timer.

In the Crab tent, Kagae would awake to find that Hogai had already dressed and left. Kaori was, like the day before, passed out amidst her studies once more. She still clutched her finger of jade tightly.

In the Scorpion tent, Naizen would be gone before anyone else would wake up. Maru would most definitely rise before Kojiro would, and would already be decent upon his awakening.

In the Lion tent, there would be no sign of Kan at all. His bed even looks undisturbed...

In the Mantis tent, a grouchy Susumu would tell Hisashi to piss off if he bugged him, and roll over to sleep for a bit longer.

In the Crane tent, no third competitor showed up to claim the third cot, leaving Zanzen and Koan alone. Without his own injuries, Koan would probably be awake and beginning the arduous task that all Crane courtiers endure: getting ready in the morning. Servants were waiting on him, making him look as good as possible.

In the Minor Clan tent, a certain Hare would be all by himself. Sucks to be a Minor Clan bushi! Sucker!

Over the course of the next few hours, more and more samurai would be prepared, and milling about waiting for good word from the Magistrates. Soon, Doji Kita would once more show up, with Seppun Benjiro and Kuni Raicho watching from the sidelines.

"Good morning, everyone! I hope you are all well-rested and ready for today's events! You will find it to be much different than the events that were held yesterday. Here is what we have planned, starting at noon."

Gesturing toward herself, she would start. "First up is the Archery competition. Bows will not be provided, but arrows will be. All those who are interested in participating in this physical competition, come see me, as I am the most skilled archer of the three of us."

Next, she would gesture toward her companion, Benjiro. "The social competition will be overseen by Seppun Benjiro. This one will be a storytelling competition. Tell of tales of great legends in history! The deeds of your ancestors! Or even, your own deeds! Whomever weaves the best story takes the prize."

Smiling, she would then turn to the rather unsmiling Kuni Magistrate. "The day's events will end with a shugenja duel, using elemental avatars of the kami. Even nonaggressive shugenja can compete here, so please don't hesitate! For you Water Shugenja, please withhold any healing spells for injured companions from yesterday's Martial Duel until afterward."

Clapping her hands together, she would bow. "I look forward to seeing all of you in action today, as I am sure my fellow Magistrates are. We will begin in one hour!"

--------------------

Please sign up with whichever event you like, and give me a Raw Void Roll, everyone!

GM Note: XP Expenditures are closed as of this post!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 6, 3, 7 Total: 26 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:41 pm
@The Scorpion Tent

"Haha! Archery! Something that I might excel in. So...what happened in the meeting with Doji Kita, Maru?"

OOC: Void roll. First two are roll. 2nd two are in case of splodey. Void Result: 19  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:52 pm
"Stories... I'm not good at that. Guess I'll be shooting a bow, though it's not my forte." The crane sighed then wandered off to sign up for the archery competition.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Agent Sinistra rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 9, 10, 7 Total: 34 (4-40)

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:13 pm
@Lion Clan Tent

Kyumi had not been too bothered by Kan's disappearance and undisturbed bed. She imagined that the man had spent the night meditating or had business to care for later that night and had slept elsewhere.

"A shugenja duel?" Kyumi mused to herself with a grin. "It looks like Kan-san's hunch was correct." With that, she ran off, with Omi trailing behind her, to sign up with the Kuni Magistrate.

((Rolling Raw Void; Void Points = 2; Looks like I've got 17.))  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:22 pm
Seichiro went to sleep early, though he kept his katana in his hand during his sleep. That unfortunate event some time ago made him be more alert. Either way, he woke up early the next day, and he took some time to tidy himself, stretch his limbs and perform his kata.

It was some time later that they announced the next competitions. Archery. It HAD to be Archery. It's not that he wasn't good with it, but missing one eye severly hindered his performance, much more than melee combat. He walked towards Doji Kita, and sighed. "Kita-sama, is the archery competition similar to yesterday's combat competition? Will we shoot at targets or other contestants? I'm afraid my eye will severly hinder my archery skills, and I might cause an accident..."

[Void roll]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:24 pm
@ Scorpion Tent:

"Oh, just some stuff about the future of Rokugan. Some Magistrate nonsense. I figured she was just going to scold me on my..." she would pause, biting her lip. "Tactics, but it wasn't the case."

She would grin at Kojiro's sudden enthusiasm. "Sounds like we're both going to be competing at something we're good at. I'm not sure how well Naizen will fare, however. Do you even know where he's run off to this time?"

--------------------

@ Crab Tent:

Kagae, roll me two Perception/Investigation (Notice) checks; the first vs TN 20, the second against TN 26!

--------------------

@ Lion Tent:

When Kyumi had gone to sleep, Kan had gone to that bed. Sometime after she fell asleep he must have left it, because it seemed nearly completely undisturbed. Of course, he could just be very picky and finicky about how he makes his bedding, too...

--------------------

@ Training Grounds:

The lovely Doji Kita would smile reassuringly at Seichiro's concern. "You're the one who won the Martial Duels yesterday, are you not? You needn't worry, though. They are against targets; stationary, harmless, and not full of blood." She would smile innocently upon answering the question, despite the... macabre undertones.  
Plainsfox rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:40 pm
@ The Scorpion Tent

Kojiro checked his bow carefully, partly to hide the relief on his face from the fact that his night terrors did not force him to scream out during his sleep.

"I wouldn't know where Naizen would be. For all I know, the Kuni magistrate came and took him to further rebuke him for his failure last night. She was less than pleased. I'm surprised you didn't hear it.

The Bayushi stretched as he stood up. "Hopefully he's more careful this time. The magistrate threatened to break my legs as well, if he gets caught again."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:10 pm
He nodded when she asked whether he was the one who won, and sigh when she said they'd be shooting at stationary targets. "That's a relief. Thank you, Kita-sama. I believe I will be joining the Archery competition then, and hope I don't make a fool of myself."  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 10, 6, 7 Total: 31 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:35 pm
((helps if I remember my roll))

(first two are kept, 2nd are incase of splode.

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mongooseh rolled 6 10-sided dice: 1, 1, 4, 3, 5, 1 Total: 15 (6-60)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:25 am
Kagae woke and listened to the announcements he decided despite everything he would be participating in the story telling event. He groaned at the thought of people staring at him and paying attention to him in such a way. The other choices were just un doable for him to participate in, Archery? Never learnt it unless it was a ballista then he'd be doing fine. Shugenja duel? Not a shugenja so he must take part in the storytelling. He placed his hand over his face and groaned some more in reluctance to do so.
He then finally decided to get changed into his kimono and started to gather everything but his weapon and armour for it will not be needed today.

(Don't know the rolls needed so i'll assume untrained its just my perception 3k3? first 3 are for the first and etc. Kagae is not to perceptive in the morning.)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:30 pm
@ Crab Tent:

Kagae, with reluctance, is attempting to decide how he should spend his day. But soon, he hears something approaching the tent. Something large... something loud...

"No, no, it's fine! Really!" Hogai would say as he stepped through the tent, a young dragon woman - younger than Kagae and Kaori, definitely - would follow shortly behind. She was still walking with a bit of an awkward gait, due to the injuries she sustained yesterday, as evident by the bandages that still marked her frame.

"Well, if you say so. I really appreciate this, Hogai-san." she would say. She would pause and lock eyes with Kagae for an awkward moment.

"Hmm?" Hogai would observe the pause, looking at the girl, then at his fellow Crab. "Oh! Wazuka, this is Kaiu Kagae, runner up of the Duel yesterday. Kagae, this is Kitsuki Wazuka. I promised to let her borrow some of my gear for today, since I can't really use it. You know how it goes." He would wave his left stump at Kagae and laugh heartily.

"Kagae." Wazuka would bow slightly when being introduced to the Crab, but she remained with her eyes locked on him, almost as if in resentment. Hogai went to search through his belongings, continuing to ramble on, not realizing she was not paying attention. What finally GOT her attention was something he said in confusion.

"Huh. It's not here..." he pondered aloud, stroking his beard.

Turning her head immediately to him, she would ask pointedly, "What do you mean, it's not here? You said you had one."

Hogai's searching became a bit more hurried, as he began to throw his own stuff around. "I'm... sorry, lass. It WAS here, I could have sworn it! I distinctly remember bringing it. I don't know what could have possibly happened to it!" He would turn from his crouched position, shrugging at the girl.

Balling her firsts, she would redden slightly and grit her teeth. ".... ooooOOOOH!" she growled, before turning and storming out of the Crab tent in a huff.

Hogai would scratch his mussed hair and look over to Kagae. "Have you seen my bow?"

--------------------

@ Scorpion Tent:

"I found a bow." Naizen would say, re-entering the Scorpion tent, holding a standard Yumi bow in one hand.

Raising an eyebrow, Maru would turn to him and cross her arms over his chest. "What's this about you getting caught by a Magistrate?"

Naizen would stop in his tracks, looking at Kojiro, then back at Maru, then back at Kojiro... and he would scowl. "It was a simple misunderstanding. I bumped into that Kuni woman while she was in a pissy mood, and she took it out on me. A victim of bad circumstance, nothing more," he assured Maru, while continuing to glare at Kojiro.

--------------------

@ Daidoji Training Grounds:

"Archery it is, then! You shouldn't sound so concerned though, noble Matsu. No one man nor woman can be expected to master every aspect of a samurai's skills to complete their duty. It is through our weaknesses that we work to overcome them, and better ourselves in the process." She would smile encouragingly to the bushi, hoping to have installed some form of greater confidence in him.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:55 pm
Hisashi smiled happily at the sound of the archery event, for the courtier had practically been wearing his bow ever since he left his home for the event (not counting breaks for sleep, of course.) He would calmly walk up to Doji Kita for the second day in a row, and bow upon approach.

"Good Morning, Kita-sama. I would like to request entry into the archery tournament. I have provided my own bow," he would say, removing it from its resting place and presenting it to the magistrate "I pray that you find it acceptable for the event."

He realized that he must be coming off as something of a kiss-up to Kita at this point, though this was not his intention. While he had confidence around his peers and in the midst of what he did best (archery and debate) he would occasionally find himself polite to a fault around people of authority - perceived or otherwise.  
Sutiiven rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-20)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:00 pm
Raw Void Roll  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:04 pm
@ The Scorpion Tent

"Her ill mood almost ended both of us right there!" Kojiro shook his head "You'd think having a Yasuki mother would've given me warning. "

The Scorpion Bushi yawned. "I take it you mentioned details amongst yourselves about the Crane courtier before I woke up? Never mind. I don't think I should know. Come, Naizen. We should register for the Archery contest."  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games