Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 2, 9, 8, 4 Total: 27 (5-50)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:11 pm
Neither Scorpion seemed to have a forthcoming answer. The previous town hadn't known about this, obviously. And now the Mantis was confused.

Quietly, Denbe pointed to the banner.

"There's a Scorpion mon on the banner; that shouldn't be there unless we're outside a Scorpion town, and we're deep in the middle of Crab land.

"Either the Scorpion have taken it, or someone with enough force to keep the people living here from removing it have decided they want the Crab and Scorpion at war."

Personally, Denbe felt more inclined to believe the first story. As far fetched as an invasion so far from their own lands without the adjacent Crab settlements finding out seemed, it was a lot less pieces to figure out than the other. And not he, nor any other Hare, had reason to trust the Scorpion not to do such a thing.

"Either way, something is wrong here. We're on Warden business, not Crab, or Scorpion," perhaps a bit bitterly admitting that they might need to attempt to be a neutral party, "But if someone has occupied this town, we can'e be certain they'll take kindly to our arrival. Or allow us to leave."

The Hare kept his eyes carefully on the Scorpions during this. He very much doubted they knew about this... but one preferred to be suspicious than betrayed.

[2 raises to try and tell if Kojiro or Miyako are hiding any knowledge without directly interrogating them.]
[5k3 Awareness/Investigate: 21]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:22 pm
@ Overdue Drinking Like A Crab Conclusion:

Kagae seemed a bit skittish about the idea, but ended up obliging Miyako with her (and I suppose his mother's) scheme.

He definitely did not look like he would be able to hold his liquor, due to his frailer build, compared to most crab.

Whether or not this was true, however, Miyako would not be able to stay conscious enough for long enough to figure out; her inexperience drank her under the table, and she promptly passed out before the bottle was even half empty.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:26 pm
@ Hare Suspicions:

Kojiro, Miyako! Denbe is looking at you kinda funny!

Kojiro and Miyako, in truth, know nothing about this, at all. If they want to keep their ignorance on this matter a secret from Denbe, they must resist with Willpower/Deceit (Lying). Ties mean you should roll a single d10 (which explodes as normal) against one another, higher roll wins.  
Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 9, 1, 8 Total: 28 (4-40)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:51 pm
@ Outside the Scorpion's Nest

"They are here because of their duty. What that is, I cannot say...although I am flattered you think I would know. For all we know, a daimyo has exchanged favors at court for Scorpions to aid in hunting down brigands." Kojiro would shrug. "Besides, someone may explain this to us, shortly.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Tei Kae rolled 10 10-sided dice: 1, 3, 5, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 10 Total: 28 (10-100)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:59 pm
Miyako looked at Denbe, one eyebrow arched. "Denbe-san, I am probably the most suspicious of the two scorpions in the party as I was not previously with you at the tournament." she paused, letting him reflect on how Kojiro was far away from here and with him when this had likely happened since no one seemed to know about it.

"But whatever our clan has done, this is not the business at hand that concerns us, so either speak directly of what you think or take those ears of yours and do something useful with them since you seem to find something suspicious no matter what we say." She was hot, tired, and had dealt with blinding pain all day thanks to the sun and her hangover. She was not going to deal with a jumpy Hare giving her weird looks.

"Have I ever done anything to make you doubt my---" Her eyes rolled slightly back into her head, and she wobbled just slightly, leaning into Kojiro so he could easily catch her, but not so obviously as to be a set up. "---ohh" She had been the laggard on the trip all day, and had joined them a little too bright eyed this morning.

[9k4= Deceit /Awareness. Raise for sympathy. +1 for acting school + 2 die for Dangerous Beauty....13]  
Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 9, 4, 10, 5, 10, 3, 3, 1 Total: 45 (8-80)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:15 pm
@Outside the Scorpion's Nest

The bushi would move swiftly to collect the little courtier before she hit the ground. "Come now! We are all samurai of the Empire! We should end this bickering and comport ourselves as such. We have our duty, let us see to it!"

OOC:

Awareness/Courtier (manipulation) (5k3+3 dice for explosions) to let this matter drop.
1 Raise to sound doubly reasonable
Results: 35  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Psychofish rolled 4 10-sided dice: 8, 7, 3, 7 Total: 25 (4-40)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:26 pm
[4k2 Perception/Investigation(Interrogation): 15]  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:27 pm
@ Miyako's feeling faint!

If anyone wishes to contest her acting deceit roll, it is done by Perception/Investigation (Interrogation).  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:57 pm
Denbe... blinked, confused, at Miyako's mimed fainting. But despite the strange antics, he felt a bit guilty at her words, and Kojiro only drilled matters home. Frowning, the Hare shook his head.

"No, no, you're both right. I apologize for any offense, Miyako-san."

He'd give her a minute to pull herself together before saying such though, just in case she was partly incapacitated, much as he could tell she hadn't actually right out fainted. Or so she could stop miming by the time he said it and let them both look less foolish for it.

Regardless of it all, the town was still a potential danger, and a great unknown quantity.

"Either way, we need to rest for the night. We can just avoid it and make camp, we can scout it out, or simply march in and hope we provoke no hostilities." He had a feeling if it came to that, they would be relying quite heavily on their two Scorpions. "Regardless, I suggest we keep our guard up for the time being."

The question was what the rest of them made of the situation.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:09 pm
@"Oh! Hi guys what's going on he-":

Kagae would seem unnaturally unperturbed at the banner bearing the scorpion mon. He would approach it calmly, draw his katana and chop it in half letting it drop to the ground unceremoniously. Turning to the rest of the party making sure to stare directly at the scorpions with an unnerving gaze he said,

"Let us go make our presence known. It is rude not to."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Plainsfox rolled 4 10-sided dice: 2, 10, 2, 5 Total: 19 (4-40)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:04 pm
@Outside the Town

If Miyako was still in his arms, he would set her down. Kojiro would then draw to his full height and try to look as imposing as he could. "Pick that up, Kaiu. You will be mending that tonight, or there will be a duel. Thank your mother's hospitality that we are not dueling as we speak!"

The Scorpion bushi's hand traced along the hilt of his katana. He knew that the Crab was gruff and blunt, but to act so cavalierly! And to the mon of Kojiro's clan!

OOC:
Willpower/Deceit (Intimidation) 4k2, no explosions
Results: 12 (Forgot about the -1k0 component of weariness)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:12 pm
@ The Honor of the Scorpion Clan:

Kagae, if you wish to resist Kojiro's insistance, it is done by Willpower/Deceit (Intimidation) to counter-intimidate, or Perception/Investigation (Interrogation) if you do not believe his threats!

Failure, or declining to roll, means you should probably pick it up.

Bayushi Kojiro, that threat gives you 1 point of honor loss. If Kagae declines to roll, or fails to beat your roll, OR if you end up dueling him over this and winning, you then gain 4 points of honor for protecting your clan's interest despite great personal risk.

Shosuro Miyako, you lose 1 point of honor if you do endure this insult to your clan.

Kaiu Kagae, if you beat Kojiro's intimidation roll, OR if you end up dueling him over this and winning, you then gain 3 points of honor. If you decline to roll, or fail to beat the roll, you lose 1 point of honor for enduring an insult to your clan.

-----------------------

@Before I forget:

Anyone who brought a gift to Kaiu Hana receives 1 glory point. For characters like Zanzen who went out of their way to prepare a gift and it didn't get any screen time, it still happened - just off-screen. You get the glory point as well.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 1, 6, 8, 10, 1 Total: 26 (5-50)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:32 am
The Crab was pissed- understandably. This town should have belonged to his clan, but now apparently... Denbe winced at the cut banner. At first because it would not go unnoticed by those inside, even as the Crab moved to (it seemed) storm the town, by force if necessary. And secondly because he realized they had Scorpion with them about the same time Kojiro did.

The Hare threw his hands up in frustration.

"Settle this- quietly-" he shot at the two, or three, or however many, and started to storm away himself.

"I'm going to scout it out. I'll return soon."

The Hare looked for some shadows to slip into, looking for any cover he could on his way toward the town, trying to get as close to the gates/walls/outskirts as he could without revealing himself, and moving partway around the town. Looking for anything out of the usual- especially any signs that the town had be militarily conquered, or posted guards (and what mon they might be wearing).

[5k4 Agility/Stealth(Sneaking): 30]

((Do I automatically roll perception with this, or do I get a listing of anything obvious to sight before I try and discern more details/harder to see things?))  
Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-20)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:33 am
[Exploding- Very Quietly: 15]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Mongooseh rolled 11 10-sided dice: 4, 3, 9, 1, 10, 2, 9, 2, 9, 8, 5 Total: 62 (11-110)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:05 pm
@ The Honor(?) of the Scorpion Clan:

"I will not be mending anything Kojiro. If you wish to duel then do so I will not fight back over a piece of silk and wood. I will however try my best to avoid your strikes..."

Kagae would step back a little bet readying himself to be swung at if kojiro seeked to redeem his clan's honor.

(3k3 investigation/perception. Result: 16
6k4 agility/defense +1k1 voidpoint +2 dice for splosions Result: 39 )

(Tntbh: 49)  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games