Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
History of Magic II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:16 am
Stranger in the dark, the lonely night;
Heard your mother, calling:
"Where you been, Cain, where you been?
Where’s your brother?"
Abel in the dark, Abel in the night;
Heard his brother, calling:
"Watch your sin, Cain, watch your sin
Remember, I’m your brother."

User Image
ᶜ ʸ ᴿ ᵁ ˁ
ᴱ ᶻ ᴱ ᴷ ᴵ ᴱ ᴸ
ᴸ ᴵ ᴸ ᴸ ᴬ ᴺ ᵀ ᴵ ᴺ ᴱ

ˁᴸʸᵀᴴᴱᴿᴵᴺˁᴱᶜᴼᴺᴰ ʸᴱᴬᴿᴾᵁᴿᴱᴮᴸᴼᴼᴰᵀᴴᴵᴿᴰ ᴮᴼᴿᴺ

Cy didn't really care much for History of Magic, but the arguments, sorry, 'heated discussions' that sprung up in it like weeds were always interesting. He looked bemused at Hannah's rather sweet, simple answer, and looked as if he might burst into wild applause when Rhys turned on his heel and marched out. But he beamed at what Esmée had to say. "Professor, it could be a learning experience for all of us. Really give us a feel for the history," he piped up brightly from his seat beside Kai. The Chamber of Secrets? With this class? And this professor? He was beside himself at the thought.

OOC:
Quote:

The light goes down; a mark from God;
You’re shaking now, your brother’s blood...
Left alone, what have you done?
Your father’s boy, your mother’s son!
Adam in the dark, Adam in the night...
Heard a father calling, "Man and sin, Cain,
Remember, man and sin love each other."
Eve in the dark, the lonely night, only mother calling...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:06 am
I had a dream so big and loud
I jumped so high I touched the clouds
Wo-o-o-o-o-oh, wo-o-o-o-o-oh
I stretched my hands out to the sky
We danced with monsters through the night
Wo-o-o-o-o-oh, wo-o-o-o-o-oh

XXXXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image

Gryffindor First Year Halfblood Single

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

Annie came running into the classroom late as usual but thankfully it seemed she didn't miss much. Thank Merlin most professors did a stupid review lesson the first day back or she really would've been up the creek! She grinned and took the remaining seat besides her friends and listened as one girl tried to convince the professor to get them a field trip to the Chamber of Secrets causing her to give a shudder. Broom closet or not she didn't want to go someplace where a giant arse snake had been! Especially a giant arse snake which had been instructed to kill people like her! "If they actually manage to talk him into it keep me far away! I'd actually rather do an essay than go in that creepy place." she muttered rubbing her arms feeling that goosebumps had actually formed on her forearm.
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

[quote="]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Wearing
Where ~ Classroom
With ~ Class
What ~Learning?

This is gonna be the best day of my life
My li-i-i-i-i-ife
This is gonna be the best day of my life
My li-i-i-i-i-ife

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:16 am
User Image__________________________________________

User Image User Image

The shifting staircase hovered over several floors above the castle, and just down below, she spotted the familiar white hair of her once mute friend. As she peered over the edge of the banister, Savannah traced the path he was taking with her fingers until her own set of stairs had connected with the corridor that she would follow down into Professor Powell's classroom. It was moment's like these where she missed those wild dreadlocks of Mambo's; the class was bound to be insufferably boring without her—and now without Rhys too.

Her gaze flooded the room with a forget-me-not blue that could drown memories back like a shot of whiskey. No one she was overtly fond of was currently in attendance; the majority of Hufflepuff's gathered were of the “cute, fluff and frill” variety, enough to make her nose crinkle as if she stepped on dragon dung. Mordred was alright, she supposed. Though lacking any depth besides the structure of his cheekbones. And while she had never personally spoken to either blond Slytherin's here; she vowed that would change after this class. Strategically seated between Esmée and Cyrus, she was a prime candidate to speak up on their behalf. ”Imagine the possibilities, professor, wouldn't you like to see us all working together towards a common goal?” Instead of biting each others head's off, she thought coyly. And whether that goal meant exploring dungeon depths or panicking to run the other way, at least they'd mostly be working together, right?

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
LOCATION:: class 】 【COMPANY:: students' 】 【ATTIRE:: house robes, jewelry 】 【STATS:: twelve, 5'3", 101lbs
∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:04 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson walked into the classroom, eyes already taking in the room. He walked up to the chalkboard and, picking up a piece of chalk, quickly wrote something on the board.

Professor Powell
                                            Ollivander Family

Placing the chalk down, he looked over the class. "Welcome back, class. Last time, we went over what you had previously learned in class last year. Today we're going to be going over the history of the Ollivander family.

"The Ollivander family arrived in England around the time the Romans did about 382 BC, when the first Ollivander arrived. Upon seeing the quality of wands the ancient Britons used, he decided to set up shop and provide a better quality to the people here.

His descendants practiced the art of wandmaking, each successive generation building upon the knowledge of the previous. Each brought a distinctive viewpoint viewpoint to the craft, and even specialized to suit their needs, as well as the needs of the wizarding community. The last Ollivander to own the wandshop, Garrick, even went as far as to ensure that only the finest products would go into each wand, and also had a knack for remembering every wand ever sold in his shop."

He looked about the classroom. "Now, I want everyone to take out your wands and take a god long look at them. I'm sure that you all remember what your wands are made of. I want you to write a short paragraph about your wands, and why you might think it chose you."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:16 am
User Image

User ImageUser Image
                                                        Location : History - Thursday @ 1:00pm

Emma didn’t exactly like history but today’s topic was interesting. They were talking about a maker of wands. Not that she had an interest in wands but they were pretty cool to think about. As class got started the Hufflepuff went to work taking down notes on the Ollivander Family. When they were assigned to write about their own wands, Emma had to think about what her wand was. It was only a year ago… Taking her wand out, she stared at it hoping for answers. ‘Cherry Wood and… Phoenix Feather...’ She thought before writing it down on her parchment.

Now what did she know about Cherry and Phoenix Feather? Cherry wood was powerful that was well-rounded expect when it came to dark arts. Phoenix Feather cores were strong with Defense against the Dark Arts. Thinking about it Emma didn’t know why her wand picked her. Perhaps it was because she was loyal but stubborn? Could be that she was lighthearted, didn’t she hear that Cherry was a happy willing wand wood?

- - - - - -

My wand is a 13 inch Cherry Wood with Phoenix Feather Core. I don’t know much about my wand except that it doesn’t agree with the dark arts and is pretty much well rounded everywhere else with the exception of being slightly better with Defense. I heard cherry wood is a happy willing wand wood. Truthfully I can’t see why it picked me except maybe that I’m always a happy person, who’s loyal but also stubborn about my beliefs. Maybe it’s because I don’t like violence either.

- - - - - -

Status: Thinking... Not entirely sure...
                                                        With: Class...

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC: ---

Somewhere you'll fit in huh?
                                                        A loyal friend like you?
                                                        I think you'll have no trouble fitting in here!
                                                        Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:24 pm
Graydon Ironshield
User Image
Siobhan'Hannah'Grey
HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

Hannah never really thought much about wands, but thinking about it now, she realized how great a part of history wands played, and how much the Ollivander family was involved in. Afterall, the family crafted the wands used by the Dark Lord and Harry Potter himself, and the stories told how their wands were crafted using the same cores. Looking at her own wand, Hannah started to write.

'My wand is twelves inches in length, and made of Ash with a core of Unicorn hair. I know Unicorn hair makes a wand which is good at Charms, including Healing ones, while the wood is known for strength of purpose, and is the tree which connects all nine of the worlds of Norse mythology. The ash is one of the three trees important in faery lore. I don't know why the wand selected me, perhaps it believes I have some kind of inner strength I don't know about yet.'

User ImageUser Image

OOC:
Username

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:41 am
User Image
User Image

Without making a scene, Liam took a seat in the front corner of the classroom and removed his class notes and textbook from his rucksack. He was glad to hear that they would be moving on to some actual course material, but little of what they covered was new to him. Silently, he tugged a piece of loose parchment from between the pages of his notebook and followed the professor's instructions, his assignment written in a neat cursive script.

Liam Cade
My wand is just shy of fourteen and one quarter inches, and is made of snakewood and boomslang fang. The snakewood is what gives my wand its reddish-brown hue with a cheetah print-like pattern, while the boomslang is—perhaps coincidentally—a type of snake. Little seems to be known of the magical qualities produced by either of these materials, but in all honesty, I believe such expectations are trivial in the use of any wand. In my opinion, based on extensive quantitative research, a wizard can be successful with any wand regardless of its material design. While the makeup of a wand may indeed have notable impacts on the performance of a wand in any given field of magic, the skill level of the wizard himself in that area and in wand use itself has proven to play a much more integral role in the successful performance of practical magic. Because the effects of snakewood and boomslang on the performance of magic are seemingly unknown, I cannot say with any amount of certainty why this particular wand chose me. The fact that I have had widespread success in each of the classes requiring the use of magic also gives little insight as to which areas of magic may benefit from these wand materials, nor as to why this particular wand believed I could benefit from it and its materials. Perhaps this wand was meant for a wizard with widespread talent.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:11 am
~New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:12 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: So what topics are going to be remembered from last year, hrm?
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:43 pm
User Image
Z A L L I E
R O S E
D O Y L E

Hufflepuff2nd Year12 Years OldSingle

Zallie walked into the class, still deciding how she felt about it. She was glad for a new year to see how she really felt about all her classes. By now, everything wasn't so new for her so it gave her a better view of reality. After everyone had come into the classroom, the teacher began. Zallie listened intently, finally glad that some teacher understood they weren't going to remember everything they learned last semester. She actually vaguely remembered, which was rare, but it helped she'd already known a lot of it.She raised her hand and spoke when she was called on. "We talked about the founding of Hogwarts and other wizarding schools." She was pretty sure anyway.

OOC:
Username

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:15 pm
When the monsters are sleeping under your bed;
They've crawled out from under and into your head!
And outside the carcass, into your skin...
And you need someone to keep it like it's said-
Your wishes into the air.
So someone listens, someone is there,
And you won't know anything about it...
Until you have to live without it.

User Image
D I A N T H A
S I Â N
W A R L O W

ravenclaw │ second year │ halfblood

Di loved History of Magic. Unlike much of the class, she assumed, she did remember quite a bit from the previous year, but she didn't mind doing review, even if she eager to get into the new material. She raised her hand. "We learned about the Statute of Secrecy, which is what keeps the magical and muggle worlds separate and muggles unaware of magic." Di supposed the Statute was necessary, at least for now. One day the two worlds had to be able to integrate, right? There had to be a way to combine magic and muggle technology; it just hadn't been discovered yet.

OOC:
Username

Chasing the fire for you, light in the nightmare-
Watching from high above you...
If you can make it, then the sun will rise!
It doesn't matter if you closed your eyes!
Before you wake up, I'll keep you safe tonight.
'Cause I am a warrior and I'll fight, I'll fight;
The wheels are moving behind your face.
Your arms are directing the time and the place.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:22 pm
Raymond Ara Yuko
Second Year Slytherin
Pureblood Parselmouth
Reserve Chaser

User Image User Image
                                                  Location : History - Thursday @ 1:00pm

Raymond couldn't stress just how much he hated history class. Taking a seat at the back of the classroom, he didn't want to be there on a Thursday afternoon. Then again he didn't want to be there at all. Leaning against his arm, Raymond dreaded the class more this year then he did the last. This class especially because it was reviewing past material. Tapping his fingers on the desk, he couldn't wait to be released from class. Unlike his some of his classmates he remained silent not bothering to participate in the review.

With: Class...

Wearing: Slytherin Uniform

OOC: ---

Hrm, rather intelligent, I see...
                                                  Not to mention you seem to have a tendency to think of yourself first...
                                                  I do believe this house is the perfect fit for you...
                                                  Slytherin!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:15 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson walked into the classroom, eyes already taking in the room. He walked up to the chalkboard and, picking up a piece of chalk, quickly wrote something on the board.

Professor Powell
                                            Ollivander Family

Placing the chalk down, he looked over the class. "Welcome back, class. Last time, we went over what you had previously learned in class last year. Today we're going to be going over the history of the Ollivander family.

"The Ollivander family arrived in England around the time the Romans did about 382 BC, when the first Ollivander arrived. Upon seeing the quality of wands the ancient Britons used, he decided to set up shop and provide a better quality to the people here.

His descendants practiced the art of wandmaking, each successive generation building upon the knowledge of the previous. Each brought a distinctive viewpoint viewpoint to the craft, and even specialized to suit their needs, as well as the needs of the wizarding community. The last Ollivander to own the wandshop, Garrick, even went as far as to ensure that only the finest products would go into each wand, and also had a knack for remembering every wand ever sold in his shop."

He looked about the classroom. "Now, I want everyone to take out your wands and take a god long look at them. I'm sure that you all remember what your wands are made of. I want you to write a short paragraph about your wands, and why you might think it chose you."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic Classroom
                                            Thinking: ...
                                            OOC:

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:18 pm
~New Year~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:21 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Grayson stopped reading his book as more and more of the students for the class walked in. He looked over each of them, wondering not for the first time if any of them would be interested in what he'd teach. He remembered Binns and the way he put most students to sleep, and decided that he would at least try to not put any of the students to sleep. He took his feet off the desk and stood, hoping that by doing so, he would at least give off a presence instead of looking bored.

"Hello class, and welcome back to History of Magic. I know that perhaps most of you don't remember much from the last year, so I figured that for this first class, we would review what you learned last year, just to brush up before we jump headlong into this year's curriculum." He looked about, making sure that everyone was paying attention, before continuing. "Can anyone here tell me precisely what you have learned last year? You don't have to give me the full information, as I would prefer to see if everyone payed attention in class. One subject per student, if you would."

════════════════════════
                                            Location: History of Magic classroom
                                            Thinking: So what topics are going to be remembered from last year, hrm?
                                            Taken by: Amata Harlowe
                                            OOC:

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out