Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Unity
L5R - Unity - Chapter 1 - Winter Solstice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Paidi tou Selini rolled 6 10-sided dice: 5, 10, 2, 6, 10, 9 Total: 42 (6-60)

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:52 am
The Kraken princess blinked in surprise as her path was barred and the Spider gave his heroic speech. She crossed her arms and kept herself tense, ready to flick her hand the rest of the now very short distance down and draw on a moment's notice if the man got any ideas, but wasn't too worried about it considering they were still in public.

"I never said I trusted her." she corrected. "She very well could be a member of their little vindictive group, in which case her secrecy and subtlety are truly things to fear, but... unless they made hasty last-minute plans it isn't likely she's involved, since our pairings were random. Though that in itself doesn't mean she'd help Naohiko in a fight. But yes, whether the peasants know that or not is a different matter..."

To his bold declaration she gave a slightly condescending smile, "I carry a katana for a reason, Shoichi-san. I am no meek courtier. I fight my own duels. My family has defeated her's for two generations. If she provokes me it will be me alone who carries that tradition into the third generation." Though she does pause to consider a final comment on the matter before they moved on. "Though if it comes to that I would greatly appreciate help against her allies. A duel is one thing, but only a fool enters open conflict alone."

[Void/Investigation (Search) to stumble upon Something Worth Dueling Over while they chat.
Roll: 4k3 +2 vs. TN 30
5, 10 + 10 + 9, 2, 6 = 42]  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:56 am
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 3 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -2 zeni
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 4 items collected, 3 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 1 items collected, 3 Banked Raises
--------------------
(+2)Tamori Aritomo & Ikoma Tadao - 5 items collected
(+2)Kakita Otsu & Isawa Marihito - 5 items collected
(+2)Kitsuki Senzo & Mirumoto Otsu - 5 items collected
(+2)Utaku Bayarma & Shinjo Hideki - 4 items collected
(+0)Ide Urako & Mirumoto Katsunan - 4 items collected
(+1)Kaiu Taniko & Hiruma Shigemasa - 3 items collected
(+0)Ide Seibei & Kuni Sanjiro - 3 items collected
(+1)Daigotsu Josuke & Daigotsu Arisa - 3 items collected
(+2)Yoritomo Kiyonobu & Daidoji Takahashi - 3 items collected
(+0)Kakita Mitsuko & Shiba Noburo - 2 items collected
(+0)Suzume Kayoko & Agasha Mai - 2 items collected
(+1)Yoritomo Mamoru & Yoritomo Katsue - 2 items collected
(+0)Bayushi Kojiro & Bayushi Masuyo - 1 items collected
(-1)Akodo Masaru & Daigotsu Danjuro - 0 items collected
(+2)Matsu Koji & Akodo Tamafune - 0 items collected
(+1)Toku Seiichi & Ide Chieko - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Hyobe & Shoruso Kazu - 0 items collected
(+2)Shosuro Nene & Shosuro Tamiyo - 0 items collected

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Search and search as you will, you and Kiyo seem to have no luck on finding a suitable piece of history. The place she thinks she's leading you to, ends up being an abandoned empty warehouse, and she can't seem to figure out if she was mistaken or is just lost.

But you do find a free raise, pinned to the door of the building!

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

You wait outside, little to occupy you besides your snack and the passing of peasants, walking this way and that along this street, which seems surprisingly busy.

As you finish the dango stick, a young woman approaches you, maybe only a year or two younger than you. She isn't warmly dressed, and as such, you can tell she's somewhat emaciated. Despite how cold or hungry she might be though, she seems to do a respectable job hiding it in front of you as she nears.

"Excuse me, samurai-sama," she would say, her voice low as she bows deeply. "A thousand apologies for approaching you like this, it shames me. But, my sisters and I have so little and no work. Would you be able to spare some zeni so that we may get some food?"

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

As you stand and talk to Shoichi, you happen to look over his shoulder and see an interesting sight.

There is a puppet show going on across the street. As you watch, it seems to be a show for some gathered children, who watched as assorted puppets, representing the original kami themselves, were re-enacting the Tournament of the Kami upon Seppun hill. The children would cheer at each victory, as the purple Shinjo puppet would best the dark blue Hida puppet in a duel, though she would then lose to the red Bayushi puppet... if she would continue to watch, they would re-enact the entire tournament, until the emerald Hantei puppet would be ultimately victorious.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:56 pm
The bushi used his left hand to fish around in his obi to see what spare change he had. Naohiko would then pull out three zeni and hand it to the girl. "So, tell me. What do you and your sisters do?"  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 2, 7, 8, 8, 4 Total: 29 (5-50)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:19 pm
Tapping his chin, he'd just shrug to Kiyo then turn and continue the search!

Void/Investigation - 3k2 - 15
Calling all 3 raises for lower TN.
Target: Piece of Crane History  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:05 pm
The little princess perked up as she noticed the show. "Hold that thought, I think I've found something."

She made her way to the show and sat down among the kids to watch, laughing and cheering right along with them. She waited for the show to end and the "actors" to get a little break, and when it looked like they had a moment free she finally approached with a friendly smile and arms out wide disarmingly. "Greetings, fellow history enthusiasts! Might I take a moment of your time? I have a request that may seem a bit odd."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:22 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 4 items collected, 3 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 1 items collected, 0 Banked Raises
--------------------

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

The young woman would kind of go wide-eyed as Naohiko simply fished out some coin, her hands shaking as the money was placed in them. "You... you..."

Her eyes would begin to tear up, a few drops flowing down her thin cheeks. "You... aren't... supposed to be kind... you're supposed to be mean so I don't feel bad about having to trick you..." she says, lowering her voice. Now she herself starts to shake as the coins threaten to spill from her hands, the seams apparently coming undone already - even though you've only just met.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

As you turn from the warehouse, something catches your eye on the ground in an empty lot across the street. The snow had melted somewhat, and a glint shone. At first, you thought it was ice, but a compulsion to investigate would overtake you.

When you approach the source of the shine, you find a coin - a simple ichibukin coin, minted by the Crane - you weren't sure the age, but it was certainly worn, more worn than any coin you've seen before.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

Shoichi would kind of stay back (Like, really far back. Weird.), and you would have no trouble getting in on the show. You could probably even muscle your way in to a front row seat if you wanted.

When the puppet play ends, Kaichiyo would approach one of the actors as he or she was backing up out of the makeshift stage. When the person turns, she would see an old man, clearly a Crane by his attire. He definitely had the frail old grandpa look down as he had a long thing fu manchu mustache and equally impressive wispy beard, both as thin as he. He squints up at Kaichiyo, and laughs, his smile genuinely happy though mostly toothless.

"Hello there, young missy!" he would greet her. "If you're here to ask for an encore, I'm about to go on a lunch break. If my back's not acting up by the time I get back, then I'll be able to oblige you!" He chuckles a raspy old man chuckle and begins to turn to walk away.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:11 pm
Kaichiyo gave a cheerful smile to the jovial old man and shook her head even as he turned his back. "Actually I was wondering if I could borrow your Hantei puppet for a little bit. We are participating in Lady Kioko's scavenger hunt event for this Winter Court, and I thought a symbol of the Tournament of the Kami would be a great representation of something worth dueling for. It will be returned when the event has ended today, I have been assured. I may even return it myself for an opportunity to take tea and talk with one so knowledgeable as yourself."

She concluded with a little bow. Whether he was below her station or not, it was still proper to show respect to the elderly. Plus a bit of flattery to sweeten the deal. Honest flattery, of course. Her moral code would allow no other, and she truly did wish to see if this wizened man had anything he could teach her.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 10-sided dice: 6, 5, 5, 4, 7 Total: 27 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:06 am
He looked the coin over carefully before showing it to Kiyo as he started walking again. "Seems old enough to qualify to me, what do you think?"

Letting fate guide for a bit.
Void/Investigation - 3k2 - 11
Something the Emperor would like.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox rolled 8 10-sided dice: 8, 10, 7, 3, 4, 10, 7, 5 Total: 54 (8-80)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:34 am
"Kindness and compassion are keystones on the path of bushido!" Naohiko chirped brightly. More seriously, the Kraken questioned the girl. "Why would I need to be tricked? What all is going on here?"

OOC:
Awareness/Investigation 5k3 w/ 3 dice to handle explosions
Dice rolled: 8, 27, 7, 3, 4,
Results:42  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:30 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 2 items collected, 1 Banked Raises
--------------------

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

The old man would pause and listen. "Oh, that silly thing's today? I hadn't realized. I'd be more than happy to help you out, missy." He would keep on turning until facing his proxy stage and fish out the puppet, a marionette. Up close, it looked fairly worn and used, the colors faded.

"Truth is, I have a newer one I can simply start using in its place, if you want to keep it. I was simply waiting until the strings broke or something. Consider it a gift, for visiting our lovely city," he would say, smiling politely.

--------------------

@ Gendo:

Kiyo would look over your shoulder as you picked up the coin. "What's that you have there?" she would ask, curious.

When seeing you accept it as a historical item, she seemed kind of put-off by it - while you may speculate on the reason why, an awareness/investigation roll will give you a definite answer, if you so care.

After that, you begin your quest for your third item! You search for a while, and it occurs to you. You know what the emperor would like? A free raise!

Item get!

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

You sense that she's actually doing this against her will, as if someone forced her to approach you.

"I... my sisters and I have so little, and no work... we're so hungry, samurai-sama..." she starts repeating.

You think you see her glance past you, towards an alley across the street.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 10-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:57 pm
This was probably a bad idea....but Naohiko decided to investigate the alleyway! The first thing he'd do was, in a pleasant and bright tone, tell the waif "There's a woman in the store behind us with the mon of a Mantis. Tell her where I went, if you'd be so kind." Naohiko walked casually to the alleyway and carefully dropped one of the blue/white dango skewers at the entrance.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:57 pm
She took the marionette with another polite bow, before tilting her head curiously, smile fading. "Does that mean you do not wish to chat?"  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Raganui Minamoto rolled 6 10-sided dice: 9, 3, 2, 5, 10, 9 Total: 38 (6-60)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:12 pm
He stopped and handed the coin to Kiyo. "This looks mighty old, you know." Deciding to wait for her to look over the coin, he gave it and her a considering look.

Awareness/Investigation - 4k3 - 17  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:45 pm
The Scavenger Hunt

The Teams
Himura Naohiko & Moshi Ruri - 3 items collected, 0 Banked Raises, -5 zeni
Himura Kaichiyo & Daigotsu Shoichi - 5 items collected, 3 Banked Raises, -2 bu 8 zeni
Himura Gendo & Suzume Kiyo - 2 items collected, 1 Banked Raises
--------------------

--------------------

@ Naohiko:

You'd walk towards the alleyway, at first seeing nobody there. You would drop the dango stick, but at this moment, you appear to be standing before an empty alley and nothing else.

--------------------

@ Kaichiyo:

The old man would not mirror the frown, and wave dismissively with one hand. "I'm afraid not! There are times where one should seek the wisdom of an elder, but this is a winter court, a place of the young, the up-and-comers. This is your time to shine, not mine. You should be focusing your attentions on people like that jealous-looking fellow over there," he would explain, nodding in the direction where you last saw Shoichi standing. "Or maybe not," he would add lowly, half-covering his mouth with one cupped hand, and giving you a wink.

Then he would turn, arms folded behind his back, and simply proceed to walk away without a goodbye.

Item get!

--------------------

@ Gendo:

You reflect on her ambition to actually do something to help you out, and she seems put off that you still managed to find the thing she was seeking (kind of) without her help at all.

"Yeah, I... suppose it does. It's a good find," she would say without much enthusiasm. "So, you said something the Emperor would like? What do you have in mind?" she would ask suddenly before you pressed her any further.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox rolled 6 10-sided dice: 8, 3, 10, 4, 10, 9 Total: 44 (6-60)

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:28 pm
Naohiko grumbled as he examined the alley and was kicking himself mentally. The Himura gave the alleyway a quick once over and tried to be as thorough as he could. His time was limited. If he found nothing of value, he would return to the tea shop and check in on Ruri, risking her wrath to see what progress she had made.

OOC:
Perception/ Investigation 4k2 w/ 2 dice to handle explosions
Raises called: 1 made for speed
Dice: 8,3,29,4
Results: 37-5  
[L5R 4e] Unity

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games