Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Divine Morning: The Tarot Clutch Hatching is Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:12 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"Really?" Amila giggled at last, a rare sound. "But true! I'm looking forward to a new hallmate. We can do stuff. I could teach you animal care if you like!" Amila crooned excitedly.

More hatchlings leaving to theirs -- and Amila stretched, sighing softly, watching.

"I wonder if things will be okay for the new babies?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:19 pm
H'sad

The blonde was watching the Hatching, though his thoughts were far. He was trying not to be upset, but it was hard not to be disappointed. Dristan was a busy man, and he had hoped that maybe, just maybe, they would have had one day together. One day when Dristan didn't have to worry about healing or stitching or lecturing; one day when H'sad didn't have to fly Sweeps or practice Drills. Today was going to be a great day....

But even now, the Weyr called upon Dristan, like he was some sort of convenient tool. Weren't there other healers down there?

So caught up in his thoughts, he hardly paid attention to Uridith moving the baby green. He was off in a daydream, and while he had watched the gold make her move (strange as it was) he didn't put the connection together. This clutch had already had it all -- dragons mauling Candidates, Candidates doing stupid things, dragons running all over the place. Why should a gold moving a green be anything to worry about? Probably trying to get to some kid in the back..

Ah, but then -- very suddenly -- it wasn't just some kid.

Very suddenly, he knew because Cinonth knew and Dristan's fire-lizard knew. The flit gave a screech of delight and disappeared -- likely to find his beloved Dristan -- and he heard Cinonth's bugle from the ledges, and...

What? Dristan had finally Impressed!?!

Her name is Cynosuth! She is so precious, so perfect! Our Dristan Impressed! The waves of delight and joy washed over H'sad, and he had to sit on his hands. He wanted to get up and run down and kiss him and meet his newest dragon and yet...

Wait a minute. Dristan impressed.

Dristan impressed!!

This meant his weyrmate would now be moving into the Barracks. This meant they no longer would get to kiss, and touch, and... This meant his weyr would be partially empty. He'd be going to bed alone. Dristan would be on a different schedule, and had curfew, and...

Oh Faranth, he wasn't ready for this. As joyous as he wanted to be (and he was joyous, of course he was) a small part of him was stunned. Shocked. And maybe, just maybe, a little dismayed. Not because he didn't want Dristan -- Dr'stan? D'stan? D'tan?-- to find a dragon. But because now...

Now everything changed. Tears stung his eyes, and they were bittersweet. He hated himself for feeling so selfish, but... Now there were even more risks. Not every weyrling graduated training. Dristan could be lost between, or hit by thread, or... Oh Faranth, help his lover live.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:23 pm
NovaCracker

Faren gave the girl a grin. "I might could teach you a thing or two about it." She hummed. "I was in training to raise firelizards, before I was searched up." She chuckled softly. Faren gave less of a stretch, feeling her shoulder twinge with the motion and crumpling her good arm under the feeling, but otherwise trying to hide it. She wasn't leaving the sands unless she was out cold and being carried again, not until everything was said and done.

Admittedly, it did bother her that she couldn't feel much of anything past the shoulder itself. She tried to shift her fingers, and though she felt the twinge in her shoulder, she didn't feel it where it mattered, and she wondered if she'd get functionality back.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:26 pm
V'tre

Vitre and Thanoth together were finally about across to the alcove. The boy himself was still very much in a daze, his hand on the green's arched neck more or less the only thing leading him along in a straight line. He was settling into a sort of quiet numbness, not because of the pain of leaving his family behind (it had yet to hit him that he hadn't even been able to say goodbye to his father or foster brother) but because there was just so much going on, and the man who'd grabbed him (someone in charge? he had no idea!) had scolded him. He was alone except for Thanoth and already felt in trouble...

The green darting the same way as him startled him out of his blank state, and he jumped slightly as Lemath careened by. This must be the right place then. With Thanoth pressed flush to his side he dared to peek around into the little room full of tables and buckets of meat and baby dragons. Thanoth of course let out a happy sound at the sight of Elzebuth but still clung to her boy. She was hungry, and needed him, and he needed her too. I think we should do like them. Get a bucket...I"ll have that one, yes?

Vitre could only nod dumbly and grab the bucket in question, pulling it to one of the benches with a knife. Part of him wanted to curl up as small as possible, afraid he'd be judged for 'stealing' one of the real candidates' dragons, but his curious, nosy nature soon had roused. Thanoth was feeling better with food in her already, and it crossed the gap to him. Before he realized he was doing it, he'd done what he could to catch the eye of R'am, who'd scooped up the green he'd seen running by. "What's her name...?"

Thanoth of course knew, but was just happy that hers was feeling better, and didn't interrupt him to fill him in. We must go see Elzebuth next! He was so funny before, but I want to be sure he's still himself after all that fuss with silly old Aresoth.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:27 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"Oh!" Amila lit up, beaming. "I've considered raising firelizards. I was used to runner beasts, but Fire lizards seem so sweet!" And so gentle! Those didn't get dangerous upon hatching, did they? Oh, to mother a flit...!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:27 pm
ShinosBee

Nebbi swallowed the lump in her throat and nodded quickly. "That's great Vitre-" she said, though her voice caught a little. But everything was obviously not great, and both rider and dragon now were clearly upset. Oh. Oh no. What should she do? Should she leave? Would that make things worse? Vitre was shaking and suddenly nothing and no one else in the cavern, or even the world for that matter, not angry uncles or wrathful golds, mattered to her right now but him. She took a step forward, no longer caring about the rules and ready to run onto the sands and hug him.. if an arm around her elbow didn't stop her.

A moment later, a man had come onto the sands to help him, and it seemed like things had calmed down. She relaxed a little, and the hand loosened around her arm. The cycle of panic had been broken. He would be fine.

With an almost telepathy-like understanding of her friend, Nebbi lurched towards him at the time. Pulling her elbow out of her uncle's grasp, she ran forward and wrapped her arms around his neck, squeezing tightly. "You're fine. You're going to do great. I'll write to you all the time. Now, go on!" she said, and nodded, and forced a smile.

It was only after he'd left that she turned around and wrapped her arms around her uncle's waist, burying her head in his chest. "He's leaving." she quietly croaked into his shirt. "He's leaving. What if.. What if something happens to him? He's going to be there all alone."

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:33 pm
NovaCracker

She chuckled softly. "Firelizards are actually very similar to the Dragonets. They're ravenous on birth and if you don't move fast enough, they'll between with hunger. Dragons have a wider temperance window." She chuckled softly. "They can be just as violent, if you don't have enough on hand, too. They'll end each other for a meal in the wild."

"I've never raised runner-beasts... i think my parents had one when I was little, but... I didn't live there long, after they... y'know... between'd." She didn't mean literal betweening, of course, but the topic was a sore one, either way.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:33 pm

Dear little sister. The golden dragonet nuzzled the Moon, cuddling her under her own wing. There. Now you can Impress to your bonded, and no one will be able to interrupt, she crooned, pressing her nose against her sister's. It was not yet time for her to join the ranks of the Impressed, but she knew where she needed to go, once her little Green sister had found her way home. All but this one had Impressed, and she waited patiently for the Moon to make up her mind.

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:36 pm
Once it seemed that Lenix had cheered up some, Karone slapped his back for good measure before turning his attention back to the dragons. His eyes followed the Magician blue as it moved away, playfully helping one of its green sisters to hatch, and finally continuing on to Impress.

He suddenly thought of the Empress, and looked around for her. The last he’d seen her, she had been unearthing a hidden black egg, one he didn’t recall seeing at the touching. He didn’t spot the gold hatchling right away, but did catch sight of the brown dragonet who’d come from that egg.

As did so many others, it came right up to him, but unlike the others, it stopped – really stopped – and looked at him. Karone felt a thrill of elation rise from the pit of his stomach...

...And then the dragonet looked at Lenix.

--------

Len watched the brown walk straight up to his friend, his breath catching with suspense. This was the moment! Karone would have his dragon, and would soon be on his way to fight the enemy he hated so much. But would Lenix be part of that future? What if he didn’t find his own match, and was left behind...?

As if in a dream, he saw the hatchling’s yellowish eyes move to focus on his own, the anxious hues instantly surging into rainbows.

Lenix, your Kratoth has found you at long last! But why are you so sad? Surely you have been waiting for me, too!

He stared for several long moments, unable to believe what was happening. He felt Karone’s hand on his shoulder, gently pressing down. Lenix sunk to his knees, still looking into the little brown’s faceted eyes. He took Kratoth’s face in his hands, holding it aloft as if it were a delicate treasure to be revered.

“I was waiting,” he croaked. “I just didn’t know who I was waiting for.”

Then wait no more, Kratoth said. I hunger. Let us go and join the others.

“Yes, Kratoth. Let’s go!”

The boy led the way to the place where the other weyrling pairs were feeding, his hand never once leaving the damp hide of his dragon’s head.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:38 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

"A friend of mine's family owned many. But I worked for others. My family... I.." Amila thought. If Faren trusted her to know her parents were... Not present..

"My parents really just figured I was good for raising prestige as a 'proper girl' and didn't want me. I'm never going back, Impress or not."

And unless her friend needed her there, she planned to MEAN it! Her eyes turned to the green and gold,

"Two left..."  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:48 pm
So many things seemed to have happened since the moment she stepped foot onto the Sands. That little bit of courage she'd been clinging too had mostly evaporated and Avalinia had managed to find a nice - hopefully safe - spot towards the back of other candidates. She'd seen a couple others maneuver back that way as well, so she'd followed suit. From there, she'd silently witnessed all the glory (and terror) that came from dragonets hatching. They seemed so rowdy. And yet... she also got the distinct feeling most of them didn't realize their strength. Maybe, if she hadn't been one of the ones actually on the Sands, it would have been faintly amusing.

But no, she just grasped at whatever strands of determination to not cower during a hatching she had remaining.

Besides, the hatchlings themselves were so stunning! And there was a strange sense of awe for fellow candidates that Impressed. It was very heart warming to see the little ones find their special halves. It was so unlike anything she had witnessed as a drudge, it took her breath away!

Glancing about once again, she realized there were only a few hatchlings left to Impress. She couldn't help but take in a deep breath and let it out slowly. Seemed that the Sands had calmed some. No more fights at any rate. And hopefully no more injuries to be gained.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:51 pm
The Moon gave one last cuddle to her golden sister, her nerves finally settled. She stood beside the gold, looking out over the sea of shattered egg shells and sand, at all the reamining Candidates looking at them.

No, they would soon only look at her.

The green walked gracefully through the crowd, taking her time. She sniffed at some here, growled at others there, and generally made sure that all their eyes were on her. Just for a few moments, at any rate.
There were girls, there were boys, there were so many to choose from!

Oh, which one? Would that one be her rider?

Maybe that one could be her pet!

Or maybe that one would one day impress a bronze? And that other one a blue? Ah, the Moon, much cheered by her sisters tenderness and care, and happy to be in the limelight, found herself enjoying the moment. No one could spoil things now.

Finally, the green stopped at one of the girls. She looked up at the Candidate and knew, without a doubt, that this one would forever be hers. My Demanthra! Do not worry about not Impressing, because here I am. You waited all this time because you needed me! Tell me I'm perfect, and please, write a song for me? Don't you think your Monath is the perfect muse?

She sent waves of love and affection and joy at her most beloved Demantha. Yes, this is who she had wanted, this is who she needed, forever and for always.

User Image

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:58 pm
NovaCracker

Farensil resteadied her grip on her friends' palm, if it still hung between them. She tried to bite back the growing sting in the back of her mind. She'd felt it before, two years of it. Still, even so, she hoped to see Rennati or Amila pair up, more than the others, but them too. There just weren't enough eggs for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:59 pm
He sighed a little as Lemath continued to squirm and fight his hold despite wanting to be so close to hers. She finally gave up and rested her body against his stomach and chest while gazing out at everyone at the tables, making little bugles of joy and elation.

"Ah!" R'am turned to look at the boy who'd spoken to him and he gave a little grin. "Lemath. Little fool here. She's.." He sighed and pushed his head to her neck, patting between her wings carefully. "Apparently a squirmy sort!" Even as R'am spoke his leg was hit with her tail in a less than gentle way. He hissed out at that and she turned to look at him, a bit of yellow seeping into her eyes.

Did I hurt you? I'm sorry! She was still learning how to handle humans, how to be gentle around them.

You're fine, precious. Just.. be careful with your tail, yeah? It's very strong. "Sorry about that," he said. "Ah... I'm R'am... What about you two?"

ShinosBee

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Getting gracefully to her feet, the Empress at last felt free to make her move. She had waited, ever patient, for each and every one of her brothers and sisters to Impress. Some among them had had quite a bit of trouble, hadn't they? But it had all worked out in the end. She hummed, giving her wings a good stretch, and made her way carefully across the Sands, a hint of exhaustion slowing her movements slightly.

The drama of the Touching was long since over, and at long, long last Elzebuth had his, and was no longer taking others away from her dear siblings. He had known precisely what he'd been up to, yet in truth she wondered if perhaps he had feared that he was unworthy of love. But he was, as were each of her beautiful clutchsibs.

As was she. Why are you so sad, my dearest Alumet? Have I taken so long that you have lost faith in me? I have never strayed, my dearest heart. For, while there had been friends and allies among the Candidates, there had never been anyone but Alumet whom she would call her own. She came to a halt before her chosen rider, eyes whirling a lovely rainbow hue.

I'm finished now. I'm sorry, they needed me to stay. Please say you don't mind... the little Gold said, reaching out to brush her muzzle against Alumet's face. She gave a trill that was full of regret, aware that she had hurt hers. And she had not meant to. It was only that Monath had been so upset!

User Image

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces