Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

Psychopathic Sanity

Tipsy Tycoon

6,450 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:05 am
Lily stood up from her table in the potions room and damn near ran upstairs to make it to the Defense against the Dark Arts room. She slid into her seat just as the teacher started talking.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:28 pm
Sirius was surprised by how genuinely Bellatrix hugged him and returned the hug gratefully.

"Just take care of yourself, I know you aren't going to come back and apologize to Auntie, I doubt she'd want to hear it anyway unless you came crawling back, which I wouldn't ask you to do. Even she doesn't deserve that much from you."

Before Sirius could respond, Bellatrix had already turned and started down the corridor. "Er.. Thanks, Bella!" He yelled after her, reddening at the looks this garnered from the students leaving around him.

Since their encounter had lasted less time than he thought, he decided he would hang around and wait for Remus, since he'd wanted to talk to him alone anyways. Even if they didn't get a chance to be alone for the walk to their next class, Sirius would be able to judge by Remus' demenor how he felt about him. He leant casually against the wall, waving and trying to keep a pleasant smile on his face as people walked out of the potions classroom, staring at him and whispering, no doubt, about the article.

Freak Show Excess

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:51 pm
"After you turn in your potion to me, you may leave. All of you who have already done so are excused."

Severus smiled to himself, pleased that he had finished everything early and therefore could leave early. He grabbed his pack and headed out the door, nodding to Slughorn as he left. He walked briskly down to the dungeons to drop off his potions things and to grab the things he needed for Defence Against the Dark Arts. Since he had a little free time, he found a nice, comfortable chair in the common room and settled down in it, taking out his DADA book and glancing over the first couple chapters.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:02 pm
Smirking, Remus took his flash up to Professor Slughorn, flashing him a winning smile that was so wide that it reached for his ears. As he quickly walked back and started clearing his things away, he was sad to see Sirius go. Part of him wanted to shake him. Sirius didn't seem to get that one day, things will sink in and he wouldn't even look at Bellatrix as his family. He supposed he'd just have to let Sirius figure that out on his own and stand aside as he let Bellatrix play her same old mind games with the boy who not only was his best friend, but someone who he loved.

Making sure that he had everything that belonged to him, Remus stalked out of the dungeons, surprised to see Sirius waiting for him. Maybe he had changed his mind about wanting to talk with Bellatrix, or maybe it just didn't last that long? Remus met Sirius, standing closer to him than he probably should, but he didn't care what onlookers thought. "Did you talk with Bellatrix?"

comfylove
Crew

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:23 pm
Sirius' heart leapt up into his throat as he saw Remus walking towards him. Why did it seem that now, after class had ended, he was much more nervous talking to him than he had been when he was in class? He ran his fingers through his hair and grinned, glad to see that Remus was as eager to see him as he was to see Remus.

"Did you talk with Bellatrix?"

Sirius nodded, biting his lip thoughtfully. "Yeah, I talked to her, but she didn't seem too keen on talking to me. I think I might have offended her a little; she walked away before I could finish what I had to say to her. But I think things are better between us now..." He trailed off, hoping he was right. "Anyways, we'd better get to our next class. What is it? Defense Against the Dark Arts? It's good they've scheduled such an interesting class after such a boring one, otherwise I don't think I'd make it through 'til lunch." Sirius laughed and looped his arm through Remus' and guided him down the hall, the once familiar gesture now somehow making his stomach flop excitedly.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:14 pm
Oakden Hobday sat in his office reading the overview of the day's lesson he'd penned in his ledger. He smiled to himself, pleased with what he'd assigned for them and hoping that it wasn't too taxing for the first day back. Nodding in satisfaction, he stood up from his desk, tucked his books under his arm, picked up a shrouded cage from the corner and walked to his classroom.

He checked his watch upon entering, seeing that it was about ten minutes to class time. He smiled at the students who were already in the room as he set down the cage on a large table near the centre of the front of the room. He flipped his ledger to today's lesson and turned to the board. Taking out his wand, he twirled it idly in his long, nimble fingers as he read from the book the students were to have purchased for the class: Pracitcal Defensive Magic and Its Use Against the Dark Arts. He tucked a vagrant lock of shiny, chesnut hair behind his ear as he looked up at the blackboard, smiling happily to see that words had formed themselves as he read.

Professor Hobday
Lesson One:
The Pogrebin
Classifcation and Identification of

He set the book back down on the table and straightened his closely-fitted suit, which was green velvet today, leant his lithe frame against the table, and waited for the rest of the students to trickle in.  

Freak Show Excess

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:29 pm
Severus glanced at his watch, noting that he had fifteen minutes until Defence class. He decided that it was close enough to time, so he packed all his things back into his pack and headed for the classroom.

Once he arrived, he chose to sit in the third seat back, a quite near the front of the room. He rather liked being involved in Defence class, though loathe would he be to admit it. He took out his things and waited patiently for class to begin.

A few seconds later, Professor Hobday made his way through the door. He was a slight man, young and rather attractive. Severus had, by this time, come to terms with the fact that yes, he did find his Defence teacher a bit fetching. Severus looked with curiosity at the cage Hobden had set on his desk; what could they be studying that day? He watched Hobden study his book and then, as words began to form on the blackboard behind the man, he took out parchment and quill and scribbled down what had appeared there.

Ahh, so it's pogrebins, he thought. Interesting. He had never seen a pogrebin, but he had read that they were beastly creatures. He looked up from his parchment, smirking to himself over what seemed like was bound to be a rather interesting lesson.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:01 am
Lily already had her book out, turned to the correct page. Her quill was positioned perfectly parallel to her book and parchment. Both were vertical at perfectly 90 degrees.

She pulled out her wand, just in case, and put that next to her quill, again, at a perfect vertical 90 degrees.

OCD was sometimes not fun.  

Psychopathic Sanity

Tipsy Tycoon

6,450 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:51 am
Rita had left potions as soon as Slughorn said they could so she could stalk the halls. Now was the time to feel out a second story. Hopefully something would come up and she would have it by the next month As she wondered, she slowly made her way towards the DADA classroom. Rita sighed as she entered the class, no new information to report. She took a seat toward the middle of the classroom, pulled out some parthment, and jotted down notes on what she knew about pogrebins.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:52 pm
Gideon walked into class, slightly excited despite his dismal Potions lesson.
If there was a class he loved (other then Charms, of course), it was Defence Against the Dark Arts. Not only was it a lesson great for learning exotic spells, but would be essential if he were to become an Auror.
Turning his book to the correct page, he pulled out his wand (and especially long Elder, 19 inches, with a pheonix feather core), and looked up at Hobday.  

ElDot

Mmm Bop

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:22 pm
Gilderoy smiled and nodded at everybody he passed on the way to DADA. It was nice to know all his hard work that morning had paid off. Dempsy alerted him to the close proximity of the classroom, making Gilderoy do one last hair flip before passing the threshold. He saw that the assignment for the say had already been posted by Professor Hobday. Dempsy went ahead to save the two of them seats, because he knew Gilderoy would like a moment to talk with the Professor. Smiling, Gilderoy made his way toward the Professor, noting that he was wearing green today. "Morning Professor!" he greeted enthusiastically. "I see we're going pogrebins today. I'm sure this will be an exciting lesson," he said still smiling. "And I also see you broke out the green today. Where did you find that vest?" Gilderoy never missed a chance to discover new clothing venues, expecially from Professor Hobday.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 11:54 pm
Oakden smiled upon seeing Gilderoy Lockhart, an exceptionally
well-dressed student, in his mind, walking up to him. He was used to Gilderoy visiting with him about fashion, so he was pleased to see that he was keeping up the tradition. "Why, good morning, Gilderoy! I'm happy to see you've made it to class so early, and with perfect hair!" He smirked, knowing Gilderoy's penchant to be late or absent on account of his daily toilette, something that brought him back to his days at Hogwarts. "Yes, yes, pogrebins. One of Europe's most mysterious creatures." Hearing Gilderoy's compliment, he looked down, smiling. "Why, thank you. It was specially made by the muggle tailor on my street. Dorian Woodsworth's the name. He can take any material and make you look smashing in it. Makes you spill sickles out your nose for it, too. But it's worth it, I think. Impeccable fashion is one of life's greatest pleasures, I'm sure you'd agree," he said with a wink. Patting Gilderoy on the shoulder, he continued, "but, as class is about to start, I think you'd better find your seat. You all are in for a treat!"  

Freak Show Excess

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 7:06 pm
Bellatrix went the long way through the Castle to the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, while professor Oakden was one of her favorites, she still had a lot of her mind. The way all the students stared at her as she walked past bristled the hair on the back of her neck, but she held her chin high, daining not even to look at them. With her books in her arms, she turned the hallway and entered the classroom as Gilderoy was approaching Professor Oakden. She saw that Rita Skeeter was already in her seat, Bella fumed.

She set her books down on a desk on her way to the back of the classroom where Rita was dilligently writing, probably some more crap to spread to the whole school. Managing to get up to Rita while she was occupied, Bella put her hand down right in front of Rita's quill. Her dark eyes looking down on Rita, Bella's voice was quiet and calm, "Rita, I believe we have a problem."

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:11 pm
James slung his bag over his shoulder, grimacing as an odd scent wafted up from his Potions text. In the hall, he scanned over the crowd for his friends, before slowly heading for his next class (which is...? Help!). He had time...
As soon as he reached DADA, he slumped down into his chair. Sure, this could be a more interesting subject, but it was still school. He pulled his books from his bag for the lesson.

((Soooo extremely sorry for not posting sooner! I had surgery a few weeks ago, and had a lot of school work to accomplish before the end of the year. Thus, time was pretty much nonexistant for me. Hence the very short reply. After getting back into the swing o' things, it should be longer. Not including little P.S. thingies. :'D))

Amour De Sheri

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:40 pm
Rita had just finished describing a pogrebin physical attributes when a shadow fell over her parchment. She looked up to see Bellatrix looming over her, serious expression across her face.

"Rita, I believe we have a problem."

"A problem Bellatrix?" Rita's hand moved away from the quill, but the quill never stopped moving. She looked up at Bellatrix giving her her undivided attention. "It there something you need my help with?"

RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games