Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krauser Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:00 pm
Professor Von Skrull
Ravenclaw

User Image

A loud screeching sound of a guitar rang out as Krauser entered the hall carrying a large metal box on his shoulder. As soon as he entered and he saw the others already at the table he immediately turned the music off then gave a groan. "Darn I thought I'ld be early enough to come jam and test the acoustics in here. I always wondered about it when I was younger. And you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find an enchanted boom box these days. My apologies." He went and took a vacant seat at the table and set down his muggle device sliding it under the table our of sight. Krauser's long dreadlocks just hung messily from his head and his robes where a mess as well. He looked down the table and then turned red in the face and tired to fix himself but quickly dismissed the idea. Instead he pulled candy from his pocket and began to snack idly Seemingly to not want to consume any of the food that appeared before him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:53 pm
User Image
╔══════════════════╗
Alfred Chadwick
Divinations Professor
Proud Hufflepuff
╚══════════════════╝

•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·••·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·••·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•

Alfred sat at the table in his usual seat. He glanced at the new arrival, a new professor he did not recognize. His eyebrows rose at the strange sound coming from the large box the man carried. "Please mind your manners some, as a staff member you are expected to be a good example for the students" the Divinations Professor said.

•·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·••·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·••·.·´¯`·.·• •·.·´¯`·.·•

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Lauraisawesomeobvs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:10 pm
User Image

Thoughts:I fit in this seat better last year
With:Professors and such
Pregnancy:I haven't seen my feet in months

Let this be our prayer
When we lose our way

Eleri was sat in her seat at the staff table and looked out across the Great Hall, waiting for her students to walk in the door. Though she had seen two of them nearly every day over the summer, there was one that she knew she needed to see again. The year had not ended well and she had to fix the problems that she knew she had created. She looked to her left to see if she was sitting near any of the professors she knew.

Lead us to the place,
Guide us with your grace
To a place where we'll be safe.

User ImageUser Image
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:02 pm
User Image

Kнιηα ℋαvvα ℛℯℯ∂ωøø∂

Åʀɪᴛʜᴍᴀɴᴄʏ

User Image

Khina slipped cautiously through the side doors near the dais, sure that it was unseemly for a teacher to be creeping around. She sadly had few options in that department. She was as late as she could be while remaining true to her math equations. Sighing, she scurried to the closest chair and settled herself in for her first Opening Dinner since her 7th year here at Hogwarts.

She had been working at the school last year, but her equations warned her against making an appearance. So this year, here she was bubbling with excitement and nerves. I wonder if any of those student shall be mine to teach this year...Must make up for last year. How dreadful that was, she thought as she fiddled with her napkin, Well at least this time, the equations say that everything shall be better.

User Image

Mellow Magpie

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:53 pm
User Image
User Image
A loud clacking noise could be heard as Evelyn's heels carried her through the great hall. The chiffon of the black cocktail dress she wore swayed around her thighs, and her long blue curls bounced with every step. She wore an elegant smile while surveying the sea of faces, many of them new and unrecognizable. Eve enjoyed the Sorting Ceremony more than the others, it was a symbol of a new beginning, and it pleasured her to see her past students' growth.

Professor Avery approached the staff table, greeting them with beaming blue eyes and a friendly smile. She took a seat a third of the way down, letting her freshly-manicured fingers linger on the back of her hand-crafted chair.
"Hello everyone. Welcome back." Her words were soft and rang like a melodious bell as she kindly eyed her nearby peers.. She reached for the goblet that was laid out in front of her, waiting patiently on the silk tablecloth for her to fill it with champagne. She drank in celebration, not that she needed an excuse to enjoy herself, and she leaned gracefully in her seat as Anya made the opening speech.

Her delicate hands slapped together and drew apart many times in response to each student sorted, marveling at the variety of emotions they expressed. Her eyes were drawn to the dark ceiling above, which imitated the cool, clear night outside, which was dotted artistically with an assortment of stars.

User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:52 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

The type of guy who puts on cyanide perfume

Alex walked into the Great Hall, very excited to see his friend Rian again. They had not been in any contact since the wedding in the first month of break. He was a little worried that his family had scared off the other Nurse's assistant, after all the man had left pretty quickly after the ceremony had ended. He had done his Best Man duties and then Alex was unable to find him again afterwards. "Come out, RiRi."

Then asks for kisses on the neck from every boy in the room

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Lauraisawesomeobvs

Krauser Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:25 pm
Professor Von Skrull
Ravenclaw
Muggle Music

User Image

Krauser seemed to be watching and counting silently as each student came to be sorted. As he did so he continued to eat candy out of his pocket. Finally after some time he ceased counting and peeked down the table at the other teachers, and the seemed to be staring with an odd amount of concentration.His eyes darted from witch to wizard taking in as much as he could, then he looked out at the sea of students at the tables. Krauser snapped out of his strange gaze and let out a light sigh, meanwhile replacing a handful of candy back into his pocket. He seemed much more somber now. His eyes fixated on the Ravenclaw table, at all the eager minds of his house. He turned his head to the professor who had spoken to him and gave an odd smile."I'm sorry professor... I suppose its the jitters... My first year as a professor, I'm young and quite inexperienced. I would hope one of you will help me along the way.... I would hope to be a well liked man with both the students and my colleagues.""Krauser spoke and then turned his face away before the other professor could answer and starred with a miserable look at the Ravenclaws.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:15 am
User Image

Who's making history: The other professors
The whirl wind inside me: Nervous
Inside the pages of my mind Oh I hope this year goes better.

Zander was quiet as he moved to his seat at the staff table. Things were very rough for the History of Magic professor last year. He had taken an abesence in the middle of the first semster when his father had fallen ill. Ever since then he never seemed to be able to catch up. Now here they were again at the beginning of the year. 'Now if I can just get through without any mishaps.' He thought with a sigh.

Coiling around the one armed professor's leg, Ophelius let out a soft hiss. The serpent sense his master's concern as he placed his large head on his knee. Zander smiled softly at the serpent reaching down to stroke his head. "Here's to hoping things go better this time." He said softly.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:03 pm
User Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image

When rian entered into the room he let out a sigh when he spotted Alex. He knew that that was not his name but he had grown so accustomed to saying it that he decided to keep doing so. That and his real name was very hard to pronounce with his deep Irish accent. A small frown formed on his face when he noticed Mira was not there. Over the summer the two had had limited contact with each other. Rian had been pulled away for other nursing duties and he had barely been able to writer her even a simple letter. He hoped neither were angry with him.

He smiled when he sat down next to Alex.
"Hello Alex, I am sorry for vanishing like I had.I was called away unexpectedly" he said hoping he'd accept his excuse. Which was true. He had been needed and was not able to tell him that he had to leave. Before they got into the conversation any further Rian placed his jacket over the seat next to him to reserve it for Mira.

User ImageUser Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

(( OOC: Rian has a heavy Irish accent))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:08 pm
Adelinda Oriella Ó Glein
User Image

"Si, quelque soir, d'un pleur obtenu sans effort
Tu pouvais seulement, ô reine des cruelles!
Obscurcir la splendeur de tes froides prunelles."

User Image
The new professor, Adelinda Ó Glesáin, opened the large, imposing doors of the Great Hall and walked in. The skirts of her mint-coloured Victorian style dress slowly swayed, making a soft crinkling sound as their owner's graceful saunter dragged them against the cold, stony floor. The dainty, lace, white fan was clasped loosely her slender hand, bounced against her side violently. The woman was lost in thought, so her head was bent down instead of up, and proud, like it usually would be. The red-head recalled her Grandfather's words.

"I want you to observe your cousin, sway into the family if you can."

Yes, that was Adelinda had to do. 'An impossible task indeed.' She thought bitterly, ruby lips in a thin line. With the tension between the red-head and that woman, it would hard. But, her grandfather's order was absolute. The language professor had to obey. He was a powerful man, the patriarch of a powerful family...and...she owed him. 'I don't know why he bothers...' She thought, taking a seat at the end of the staff table. The woman, grimaced inwardly at the thought. Yeah...she knew. 'Because SHE looks like Grandma, and he's been sentimental since her death.' Adelinda let out a disgusted sigh. She missed the simple days of old. Before the war made her family loose its contacts. Before they used most of their favours to escape prison bars and Dementors. When her grandfather was still in his prime...

Adelinda poured some Elderflower wine into her golden goblet, spilling it when her forest green eyes locked on a figure entering the Great Hall. 'Oh, Merlin!' She thought frowning, bothered by the woman in those ugly, violet robes and the large wine spill on her brand new dress. As Sinclair neared the staff table, the red-head shot a nasty glare at her professor's way as she peered up. 'I thought I'd get to relax a bit more before having to encounter her... Oh, well. Let the evaluation begin.'

User Image
French Language Professor
User Image

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Lauraisawesomeobvs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:15 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

The second that Alex heard the thick accent of his dear friend he could not help but grin. He had missed him something terribly over the break and could not have been happier to be able to see him again.. "It's been a few months since anyone called me Alex." He laughed slightly as he watched his friend sit down, he wondered if the man had kept busy since their last meeting. Alex knew that he certainly hadn't, and even though he had wanted to work he had been stuck at home getting use to the idea of having a wife. "At least you were able to come, it's probably for the best that you weren't there when Umma and Appa got drunk though, Hyung."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:41 pm
User Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Rian laughed,"Ah it is too bad I missed it then. You know better than me how much I love to drink Alex" he added while still laughing. His mood had improved greatly when Alex seemed to not have been angry with him. Now all that was needed was Mira's forgiveness, if she would give him any.
Since she was not there yet he tried to put on a normal expression and not show his worry but was failing miserably at it.

User ImageUser Image

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Mira Sinclair

User Image

"Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known."
User Image
Mira arranged the collar of her deep violet robes before she walked into the Great Hall. Her wand hand violently twitched before she pushed the door-handle forward, opening the massive doors. 'How odd...' She thought, observing her lightly tanned hand with a confused expression as she quickly walked up the hall's long aisle. The professor's eyes flitted upwards as she neared the Staff Table. Her eyes soften they caught sight of Rian talking to his co-worker. She had been quite busy because of her art patron, Mister O'Doherty. He had ordered thirty-three portraits, each for a member of his clan. She still wasn't done despite working all Summer.

Mira's gaze shifted a bit to the left, to another red-head. Her eyes widened in shock before they narrowed into a cold glance of amber. There she was...Adelinda, shooting a look of her own at her.

Her cousin smirked arrogantly, and then gestured for the woman to take the seat next to hers. Mira nodded, for the designated seat was the one next to her beloved's. Her steps were dilatory under her heavy thoughts.

The brunette sat down, and smoothed out her robes in stiff, contained movements. "Hello, Rian." She said with a nervous smile. Mira ignored her cousin, pointedly turning her body away from her. Adelinda sighed irritably. Her arm quickly snaked forward to grab Mira's shoulder, to hopefully gain her attention. It worked, the art professor turned around and gave her puzzled look.

"Dia duít, cousin." the red-head said, voice seeped with so much faux sweetness it sounded like poisoned frosting. She knew her cousin hated Gaelic; it always took awhile to translate it back into English. Adelinda tried to clean the small spill of Elderflower wine off her dress while Mira translated the greeting into English.

"Hello, to you too. She said brogue contained. The language professor raised a questioning eyebrow at her voice, but did not address it. "How have you been, Sinclair?" She asked, her green eyes meeting her cousin's brown ones in a netural stare. "Good..." She replied simply, catious of her words. Adelinda nodded and let her cousin be, for she had an entire year to talk to her. Entire year to bother her.

Adelinda got up and left the table. A strong stain-removing potion would be need for the wine stain and she had to fetch for herself. Mira let out a sigh of relief, and then turned to the neglected Rian. "I'm sorry I didn't write." She said, tone apologetic. Her eyes were cast down.

User Image
Art & Muggle Art Professor

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

Alex laughed at his friend's comment, he and Rian had had many fun nights which had ended with alcohol the year before. "My appa holds his liquor about as well as a twelve year old girl, Hyung. Fortunately the drinking commenced after the wedding or there would have been a bunch of photos with Appa falling over, and the rest of us would have had swollen faces." Alex sighed when he saw Mira sit down next to Rian, he knew that the woman's arrival signified the end of the attention he was going to receive for the rest of the night. Though now that he was in a real relationship he understood where his older counterpart was coming from when he stopped everything to pay attention to his girlfriend.

Lauraisawesomeobvs

MysticHoneyRose

5,075 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:07 pm
User Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Rian laughed. He really wished now that he could have stayed. Drinking parties were always great fun. In the corner of his eye he saw something purple flash by and he turned to look.

Rian smiled when he saw Mira. It had been so long since he last saw her that he had almost forgotten how lovely she was. Almost.
"Hello Mira, how wa.." he began to question her but the woman behind her stole her attention. When he heard the word cousin in the conversation his curiosity was peaked further. He let them finish before he spoke. Perhaps later he could ask her about the woman more. When she was finally finished and turned back to him he offered a soft smile.

"I should be the one apologizing Mira, I had been horribly busy and I felt bad that I did not write either
" he said with his smile still there. With her eyes cast down his smile turned sympathetic. He reached over , cupping his hand on her cheek and turned her face to his. "No need to be sad love, that is the past." he said hoping to cheer her up. "I am happy that you are not angry with me" he said smiling sheepishly.

User ImageUser Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games