Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply ☼ [ Hidden Sand Village } Sunagakure
╥ Training Grounds & Sibylline Dojo Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azeiel The Risen

Feline Pumpkin

5,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:29 pm
User Image
Kein Uchiha
Oinin ۞ Demon Of The North ۞ Kumogakure ۞ Three Tomoe Sharingan
Ryo:0000 両 ۞ AC:15900

Kein smiled and said," Not bad its the same back home. I wonder who would come out on top our gennin or your gennin. " The idea perplexed him. It was interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:37 am
User ImageUser Image

◆◈◆◈◆"My sands will be your end"◆◈◆◈◆

San ran his right hand through his spikey hair several times, a gesture people who new him would recognize as his thinking gesture. It was a tough question. Usually, Sans first answer and always answer would be Suna. But this group...this group so far was relitively new and had literally JUST graduated from the academy. It would be incorrect and wrong for him to say that right now they had a absolute chance of victory.

"Well we build them tough her in Suna. Training under the sun all day, the heat, survival stuff. Their everyday life could seem unforgivable to some people from other villages. But thats just a lifestyle i guess. If you are any indicator about Kumos military might and upbrining of gennin, then it would be one interesting battle to watch....."

The Satetsu maintained his attention on Kein, but allowed it to slightly wonder to the gennin he had been playing with earlier. Him standing up for people was rare, so hopefully it would drive the kid to train faster and accomplish much...

◆◈◆◈◆"Never doubt yourself"◆◈◆◈◆

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

Desin Slight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:57 am
]User Image
Shiki Narumi

| 250 : Ryo | 300 : AC | 175 : Chakra |
| Genjutsu | Fuuinjutsu | Sazanami | Sobagai Daba Sentou |

"If you wish too know about how tough our genin are, look no further Uchiha-san." Shiki said calmly, his eyes staring intently at the black-haired cloud shinobi before him, sizing him up. He had an aura about him, that screamed DANGER! yet Shiki wasn't afraid. He was confident of his own abilities and of his fellow genin.

"I may still have much to learn, Uchiha-san, but I guarantee you that I'm able to handle myself just fine. Though please don't kill me in the process of testing that, unless you plan to give me the most delicious ramen ever!~"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:21 pm
It had been a while since Bast had trained here, but it also didn't seem like the general openness of the domed training ground had changed at all. The fresh surge of Genin was interesting, though. It seemed like the newer Shinobi were having fun doing whatever they thought would prove them to be the most "correct" in the long run.

The woman quickly turned her eyes away from the children as she approached the Kumo-nin, San, and a mystery Genin. She waved at the lot of them to announce her arrival, and stopped next to San.

"Your tools have been cleaned and sterilized, Oinin-kun," she stated, holding out the bag of tools that the Kumo-nin had given her earlier. A white cloak and change of clothes hung from her arm, with a second set over her shoulder. "The clothes have been prepared as well, for both you and your companion. I trust that you have been treated well at the hands of our youth."

She jabbed a thumb toward San at the last statement, and then toward Shiki.

"At the very least, I hope that this has been more of a cultural exchange than a military discussion," she half-joked.

Ergo War
Vice Captain

Enduring Guildsman

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:46 pm
User ImageUser Image

San had to smile. The open bluntness of Bast sensei always made San laugh. She would know in her heart that San would never openly discuss military strength. If anything, the mentioning of it was to see if he could draw the Uchiha to state something. Being a proud and powerful clan, maybe the boosting of that ego,. as well as the village involved could make the tounge a little slippery. It woud never be what he said...but what he didnt say.

"Of course Bast sensei. He does have an interesting culture. However we more spoke of ethics and philosophy then anything else....."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:42 pm
User Image
Kein Uchiha
Oinin ۞ Demon Of The North ۞ Kumogakure ۞ Three Tomoe Sharingan
Ryo:0000 両 ۞ AC:15900

Kein smiled as the gennin spoke up. He chuckled and said," Just you offering for a fight with a strange shinobi is a testament to your courage and ability." He turned to the woman from before still smiling and said," Again your hospitality honors your village, I shall endeavor to do the same should the event present itself, Thank you." He took the tools and placed them into his backpack as well as the cloths she had gotten him which he laid over his arm.

Azeiel The Risen

Feline Pumpkin

5,425 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cat Fancier 100

Ergo War
Vice Captain

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:29 pm
"Ah! Well, then carry on!" Bast exclaimed at San, whacking him on the back. She responded to Kein after he had taken the clothes and tools that she had brought for him, addressing him slightly more formally than San. "Ah, thank you! Feel free to stop by for a visit whenever you feel the need for a vacation. I'm afraid I must abscond now; the Genin haven't actually been doing anything useful in the missions department yet, so I have to pick up the slack. Such is life."

The woman feigned a sigh, as if she were not getting paid to do every single one of the missions, and then strolled away. She grabbed a handful of notices from the D-Ranked missions board on her way out, and began leafing through them to decide what she would do first.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

San had to reply with a cocky grin and a restatement of an earlier saying...which he entirely ment and would hold true until the day he died. His attention would shift to Bast sensei a little as he spoke this, to pick up on any tells or nuances she might give off, alluding him to he thoughts and feelings on the possible subject matter and her intrest with his conversation with the Uchiha.

"Like i said earlier....we build them tough in Suna. We may be neutral....but we must be strong to protect ourselves from those...not neutral. And i will take you up on that hospitality offer....as well as the gennin challenge. I have a few little ones in mind that i will take to your village sometime to pit against your own...in a non lethal and totally consequence free battle. Gives our nations something to talk about, gives me time to travel and see the outside world, gives you the oppertunity to pay back the hospitality, and get to see you "strength and power" go to work. So we all win...."

San had a feeling the Uchiha would know he was throwing small pits and jabs. It was nothing ment to harm, but he was on his home turf and....he felt rather fun. Little battle of words and emotions were all a part of tactics and battle as much as jutsu was. It was possible to learn more about a village, military strength, discipline, as well as personal strength from how someone responded to words then any espionage in the world. The best part here was....he was ding nothing criminal or undercover. It was all in the path of personal interest....

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

Desin Slight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:32 pm
User Image
Shiki Narumi

| Genjutsu | Utsuro Fuuin | Sazanami | Shunkan no Hagane |
((Reductions : Dojo and Automaton, made smaller to not page-stretch))
To start with his training in Taijutsu, Shiki took out a scroll for the style he wished to learn, Sazanami. He read the techniques and descriptions aloud, so his wooden trainer, Mokujin, would be able to understand and help Shiki learn these techniques much faster.

The first technique, a basic stance used in the style to gain extra stability. Shiki assumed the basic stance easily, and moved on to the next technique.
[Footing One Learned]

The next and last technique of Stage one Sazanami, Parry. It was a simple parry, deflecting and changing the course of an attack enough for it to miss and allow for a counterattack. Nothing much else to the technique, Shiki assumed the basic Sazanami stance as he waited for his dummy to try and strike him, then he would be able to practice parrying with ease.
[Parry learned]

After getting the hang of the style's basic stance and parry, he moved on to the second stage. The first technique was a new stance, mainly used for training, Horse Stance. In this stance, one's feet are placed a shoulder's width apart, with knees bent low enough that they could be sitting on a bench. After seeing Mokujin assume the stance with no difficulty whatsoever Shiki followed, and in minutes he was able to take the stance at will. Shiki then went off to rest for a bit, feeling a bit tired from his previous training with his weapons. He would then return to learn
the next technique.
[Footing Two : Horse Stance Learned]

After taking a quick break and a bowl of ramen, Shiki returned to practice and learn more of the Sazanami Style's techniques. Now at the second stage's second and final technique, Bell Ring. It was a skill that required excellent finesse, one would be able to ring a bell with one solid strike and yet keep the shell still. There was luckily a large bell nearby used for performing this exact technique, possibly placed there to help genin learn this style much faster.

First allowing Mokujin to perform it a few dozen times on the bell, there to be able to know how much power and speed he would have to strike with.
After seeing the technique done quite excellently by his wooden trainer, he walked up to the bell as well. Shiki's first try resulted in a near perfect performance of said technique, the bell only moving a few inches. It was to be expected of one such as him, who had been trained from a young age in physical combat. Though another reason was that the technique was ridiculously easy, most other genin could have done it as good as him, if not better.
[Bell Ring Learned]

Shiki went through the stages of Sazanami fairly fast, probably due to both previous stages having only two techniques each that we're quite simple. He was sure that now, the following stages and techniques would prove to be a much bigger challenge to master, and that there would be a large variety of them to learn. Starting out from the very first technique listed on the scroll, which was Sweeping Strike, Shiki read the technique to Mokujin so that he could better understand the technique, and teach him the proper way of performing it. 1/4

From the explanation of the technique, it was quite simple. One would step in to an enemy attack, redirect it with their forward hand or weapon. Then after said attack is deflected, one would thrust their palm into the opponent's exposed jaw causing disorientation and dizziness. 2/4

After a few rounds of tiring training to master this technique, Shiki was able to now perform it with ease. He deflected Mokujin's strong punch in the nick of time, then, without wasting the opening he made, striked the Mokujin's wooden chin with all the force he could muster in his palm. Mokujin then backpedaled and signaled to Shiki to try again. 3/4

Finshing his training of Sweeping Strike in no time, Shiki then returned to the scroll. He would read the next technique of Stage three Sazanami. Half-Step. It was a rather simple technique that seemed easy to perform.
[Sweeping Strike Learned]

Continuing from what he was reading earlier, the explanation behind the technique Half-Step. One would make a very short step in one direction, used to dodge incoming blows and to set up a counterattack. Though it lacked range, it was more then enough to avoid most attacks when done right. 1/4

To start, Shiki asked Mokujin to start attacking him with basic punches and kicks. It was a simple enough technique, that it could be learned so easily. As Mokujin's fist came closer to Shiki's face, he made a short step to the side, dodging the blow. 2/4

As soon as Shiki performed the side-step, Mokujin then went for a side kick to Shiki's right. Shiki evaded this with another short backward step, barely escaping Mokujin's attack. Shiki smiled as he evaded the onslaught of blows, he was learning this technique fast. 3/4

A few hours later, and Shiki had now mastered the Half-step. Now he could manage to avoid most blows perfectly. The only problem was that he didn't have the amazing senses to use this to avoid every attack coming his way, and attacks from multiple angles could easily mess him up. This was a problem he would attend to later, for now he would
return home to rest.
[Half-Step Learned]

Back from his rest at home, Shiki now felt all fired up to continue his training. He took out the scroll for Sazanami again and read the description for the next technique. It appeared rather simple as Mokujin had performed it. 1/4

The technique, Spin-Step, utilized fluid spinning footwork add power to Sazanami's offensive attacks. It wasn't necessarily fast though, and required some setup prior to performing it. Shiki stood up and tried to copy Mokujin's fancy footwork with his own, slowly getting the hang of it. 2/4

Now skilled enough to utilize the footwork as soon as his initial setup was finished. Shiki continued practicing the fluid motions of the technique.
He would take a proper stance, then let Mokujin try and attack him. 3/4

As Mokujin got closer, Shiki quickly pivoted his feet spinning along with his entire body to the right. He would try to land his left palm into Mokujin's exposed chest. He successfully did the technique, and sent Mokujin back quite a ways.
[Spin Step Learned]

Finally at the last technique of Sazanami's third stage, Shiki felt quite exhausted. He made excellent progress, but it took quite a lot out of him.
Shiki ignored this though, he would continue training until he learned everything he was allowed to. 1/4

The next technique Shiki was to learn, was a move where one could redirect most upper body attacks. It was done by side-stepping to an incoming attack, grabbing the outstretched limb before momentum is lost, then pivoting and yanking the arm in the same direction. When done right, one can set off an opponent's balance greatly, and even send them sprawling to the ground at times. 2/4

Shiki already had a plan to learn this technique. He would have Mokujin try and attack him using only punches and elbows. He would do this till he achieved mastery of redirecting enemies upper body attacks. 3/4

After an hour or so of practicing, Shiki felt that he had achieved proper execution of the technique. He chose to take a small break and left the dojo. He would go back to his house to rest.
[Attack Redirection : Upper Body Learned]

Now back from a long rest, Shiki would continue with the last stage of Sazanami. Well, the last stage genin we're allowed access too, the scroll he had only listed techniques up to the fourth stage. He did not mind though. 1/5

The techniques he had learned, and the ones he was allowed to learn for now we're more then enough to get him out of any dangerou situation a low ranking ninja like him could get into. Though Shiki preferred not to get into even remotely dangerous situations unless necessary. He took out the scroll for Sazanami and read the first technique of the fourth stage to his wooden trainer. 2/5

The first technique was the lower-body version of the technique he previously learned. Their were only a few differences. This time, after grabbing the outstretched leg and pivoting, one would now throw them to the ground. The technique was often augmented with an offensive skill, to increase it's effectiveness. 3/5

It only took a few tries for Shiki to get a hang of this technique with his wooden personal trainer's help. Having already practiced redirecting and parrying blows for hours from his previous training. 4/5

Quite pleased with how fast he mastered the technique, Shiki then returned to reading the scroll. He would study the techniques carefully, and try to understand how each technique worked. After carefully reading up on each technique, he stood up, all flared up to finish his taijutsu training.
[Attack Redirection : Lower Body Learned]

The following technique involved practicing Shiki's accuracy with throwing weapons. It came as a surprise for Shiki, who knew that this style was invented by swordsmen and martial artists. It made sense after a few seconds of pondering it though. Long-range combat was the one thing most of both were weak at. It made perfect sense to turn that weakness into a strength. He instructed Mokujin to remain perfectly still, as he would be used for target practice. 2/5

Taking out a kunai, he then threw it at his wooden trainer. He hoped to at least hit the dummy, which was about 20ft away from him. He frowned when the kunai only managed to hit Mokujin's leg. 3/5

Trying again and again with his other kunai, and the kunai and shuriken the dojo could lend him. He launched projectile after projectile at Mokujin, quickly he began to notice an increase in his accuracy. Something that pleased him, he then borrowed short swords and katana for throwing practice. He would achieve perfect accuracy with every single possible weapon at his disposal. 4/5

After another few long, tiring hours of training, Shiki was now able to throw even heavy swords with near perfect aim. He smiled, this skill would prove incredibly useful in the long haul. He then began picking the weapons out of Mokujin's wooden body, that luckily remained mostly undamaged thanks to it being built out of what was possibly the sturdiest wood ever.
[Hummingbird's Flight Learned]

Returning to his scroll, he wondered what he would do after all this training. Shiki was never one to do missions, since he was still a genin, so he could only be assigned on low ranking, non-interesting missions. Yet, because he refused to do these tasks, he could not rank up and take more interesting and dangerous missions. It was indeed a problem for him, but he didn't mind it, he just ate ramen and trained himself. It seemed like a nice setup that could last him forever.... 2/5

Moving on to the next technique, Cross Split. When done right, could break bones and weapons with ease. "I see, I see. After blocking an attack, I'm supposed to grab the limb, then strike in the opposite direction, and continue striking further down the bone...It seems simple enough." Shiki said, he analyzed Mokujin's movements as he read the scroll. 4/5

Getting up, he instructed Mokujin to attack him. Already anticipating where and how strong he would attack, he parried the wooden fist, grabbed onto the wooden arm, then continued with the rest of the technique. The genin put as little power as possible into the strikes he did, not wanting to break his dummy.
[Cross Split Learned]

Now moving on to the next technique, then Shiki would only have two techniques left to learn. The technique Shiki would have to learn now, was the third footing stance of Sazanami. Back Stance. 1/5

To start off with the Back Stance, he needed to place his feet three feet apart. Shiki placed his feet properly, and looked at Mokujin for the next step in taking the stance. He was lucky to have this wooden trainer, thanks to him he learned his taijutsu much easier. 2/5

Next, Shiki's non-dominant side, his right, faced toward the opponent. While positioning himself so that his left was closer to his body's core. Simple enough. 3/5

The stance he was in, was intended to provide power to his attacks and make throws much easier. He could see why as soon as he saw Mokujin throw punches and kicks to the air with the stance. Shiki then tested out the stance with his own strikes, trying to get his body used to attacking in this new footing. 4/5

He saw that, as a trade-off for the added power, his attacks were slightly slower compared to the other stances. It could prove to be a problem though, but like all other problems Shiki encountered, he would find a way to handle them in time. Right now he focused on finishing his training.
[Third Footing : Back Stance Learned]

"Alright, second to the last technique. Let's have some fun, shall we wood-san?" Shiki smiled as talked to his wooden trainer, as if this wooden automaton could understand him. There was absolutely no way to bring to life inanimate objects, absolutely no way! Shiki thought as he reread the technique again. The following technique was called, Flat-Step. 2/5

The technique was fairly simple, it was a much longer and faster version of Half-Step. It was done by lifting the feet no more then one or two inches off the ground. By doing so, one could get around ground attacks with ease. 3/5

Getting a feel for the technique after a few tries, it didn't take long till Shiki felt confident enough to use it to evade Mokujin's attacks. After signaling him to start his blows, he prepared himself, taking the first footing of Sazanami. 4/5

A roundhouse kick evaded by a long step backwards, an elbow matched with another long step to the left. Evading Mokujin's blows was easy with the speed of Flat-Step. Shiki continued practicing till he felt he mastered the technique.
[Flat Step Learned]

Now at the very end of the scroll, Shiki felt confident that he could master this last technique with ease. Having learned the previous techniques of Sazanami with little difficulty, he felt a great boost of confidence in his abilities. After finishing this technique he would definitely go on some missions. 1/5

"Alright wood-san, show me how to do this technique here~" Shiki said, explaining how the Sword Drawing skill worked. It wasn't complicated at all, one simply draws their blade out of it's sheathe then brings it across the body in one quick movement. One could also substitute the blade with their hand, and still achieve the same amazing results. 2/5

Mokujin assumed the back stance, placing his feet three feet apart, his left side positioned towards the opponent, his right closer to the core of his body. He would show Shiki the proper form of the technique, then let him copy it. 3/5

It wasn't so difficult, Shiki had at least enough speed to bring his hand across his body fast enough. He wasn't sure about testing it with a blade though, he had none. "Perhaps I'll buy one at Takumi..." Shiki thought to himself as he practiced the technique diligently. 4/5

After a few hours, Shiki had now mastered the Sword Drawing technique. As soon as he went out of stance, he dropped down to the floor in exhaustion. "Who wouldn't drop dead from mastering four stages of a style in a day?" Shiki thought, "Oi, wood-san, my residence is near here...bring me over would you?" he said before he heard the sound of something heavy hitting the ground. "He's all out of juice as well, huh? Guess I'll just sleep here." In less then a minute, Shiki fell asleep on the ground.
[Sword Drawing Learned]

((Sazanami Stage 4 mastered))
"Excuse me, San-san." Shiki approached Sanshi, he had just woke up from a long, comfy sleep. "How would you like to do some missions for ryo? I've this gut feeling we're going to need it soon enough...This feeling that we'll need a LOT of ryo. Maybe I'm just insane, but either way someone has to help the village, right San-san?" Shiki said. "Of course, I won't slow you down if you choose to do high ranked missions, but let's hopefully stay away from something too ridiculous."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:08 am
User ImageUser Image

San nodded and smiled to the gennin and had to fight the urge to treat him like a little kid. He wasnt a little kid, just a man with an untrained potential. Switching his attention to the gennin, he replied quickly as to return back to their Kumo guest.

"Well make sure you get your training done, and then i will take you on some missions if you would like. Let me check to make sure our Kumo guest is set and we will work from their. Sounds fair?"

Returning his attention back to Kein, San returned himself back to
"Konin San" instead of "Teacher San." He was in dire need of missions, as his training had already taken place. Most the gennin were well on their way of training as well, making Sans option to take on missions easier. Speaking once again, San spoke to Kein to make sure everything was settled.

"Well their you have it. Is their anything else you wanna see/do in Suna before you leave?"

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

Azzurro Skyde

Noble Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:30 pm
User Image
User Image
Jiongu | Genin | Sunagakure | Puppet User

"All Puppetmasters have String's..."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Akane walked into the Dojo looking around, his hands in his pockets. Scrolls held on his arm bands and in his bag. He had his sleeves rolled up which revealed his stitching in lines which were made by his bloodline. He looked around seeing San. He grinned and hopped over but quickly saw a man over on the side... he didn't have a Sand headband. He pulled down his sleeves to hide his bloodline then walked down to San "Yo where'd you go? You was at the Academy then your were gone!"

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

"But do they have them in their body?"

Chakra Level :: 270
AC Points :: 450
Ryo :: 両0
"The Personal Army in My Possession..."
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

San nodded and motioned the kid to come over and stand by him as he was talking to the Kumo nin. The Gennin was a strong minded and creative little s**t, One that San was going to have fun with training.

"Hey there Akane how you doing! This is Kein Uchiha visitor from Kumogakure. I was actually just telling him about how i was going to take some of you youngins to Kumo for some sparring practice. What you think about that?"

San would wait for a response from the kid, and rolled his neck from shoulder to shoulder and Ran his hand through his spikey black hair. Hopefully all was well with him and his training was good. If he wanted to win against these kumo kids, then he would need to be sharp.

"Yeah sorry buddy. I had a a clone there, but then it had to be elswhere. So whats up?"

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

Azzurro Skyde

Noble Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:53 pm
User Image
User Image
Jiongu | Genin | Sunagakure | Puppet User

"All Puppetmasters have String's..."

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Akane smiled at San "Pretty damn good, packed with energy though, after sitting around and meditating for forty minutes makes me feel like I run a freakin' marathon" he said with a grin. Then looking at the visitor "Yoh, names Akane Haruka, Future Puppet Master of Sunagakure" he said proudly pointing at himself. He then looked at San when he spoke of a sparring trip "Yeah that would be awesome! But what of my trip to Takumi to get my..." he paused as he thought to think of what to call it. "... Tool." He threw his hand at San in a 'whatever' way "Ahhit's 'kay it don't..- Wait clone?! That was a clone!" Akane was a bit surprised by this fact, his eyes looked at the visitior and he got rid of the surprise in his face "I totally knew that." He said clearing his throat afterwards.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

"But do they have them in their body?"

Chakra Level :: 270
AC Points :: 450
Ryo :: 両0
"The Personal Army in My Possession..."
User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:38 pm
User ImageUser Image

San smiled at the kids antics. He would be a good ninja one day, as long as he kept his head on straight, a good composure, and maintained his studies. Speaking in a lighthearted tone, the Konin spoke again to the kid.

"He he he....its ok. It was a pretty good replacement technique if i must so so myself. Well your training went well i assumed? Got your list finished and everything? Cause then its almost mission time for you....."

San's right hand quickly moved to his right ear, and his smile vanished. His voice would change to a completely official and authoritative voice as his attention shifted to Kein once again. He made no drastic or fast movements agaisnt the uchiha, but he did allow his body language to show that something was off.

"Well.....Kumo Hunter-nin. Mind telling me what the REAL nature of your visit was?...."

Yo-ko

Hallowed Prophet

Desin Slight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:14 pm
User Image
Shiki Narumi

| Genjutsu | Utsuro Fuuin | Sazanami | Shunkan no Hagane |
"Very well then, Bearface-san. I'll work on my weapon skills then." Shiki shrugged, the one time he wanted to do missions he was being asked to train. Oh well then... Shiki thought, drawing his sword, Tenken. A gift from his father one day long ago, he hoped it would motivate Shiki enough to finally do some missions for money, and get out of the house. "I guess it really did work in the end, Dad-san. Haha~" the genin looked at the sword, it was still as razor-sharp and durable as ever. As he stared at Tenken, his mind went back to the time when he was still a kid...seven to be exact, when his father still trained him to be a great swordsman.

--------[Training Time]---[Shunkan no Hagane Stage 1-2 Mastered]--------
To start with his training, he remembered all that his father taught him in the ways of the sword... "Shiki! Remember! If an enemy is expecting some ridiculous and complicated attack, just chop em!" His father would say when he was still learning the basics. The thought of it now, made Shiki laugh. In all his battles, this "tactic" his father suggested had actually worked! Grasping the hilt with both hands, he brought the sword overhead, then brought it down in a swift, powerful strike.
[Basic Chop Learned]

Shiki continued to reminisce, his father had taught him quite a lot during his childhood days. "Shiki! If that chop won't reach the enemy, take a step forward!" His father was quite ridiculous, yet he was as skilled as he was lively. Not once had Shiki ever bested him when it came to physical combat. As the genin was remembering his childhood, he was taking quick forward steps just like he did that day, as a little kid without a care in the world.
[Forward Step Learned]

"Shiki! What do you do if your attacks don't work? Take a step back!" His father shouted energetically as he demonstrated the movement. Quick steps backward, meant as an evasion or an escape technique. Little Shiki tried to copy his father, not matching his speed, but at least performing the technique right. While remembering this, Shiki did the backward step, now at a much faster pace then his child self could.
[Backward Step Learned]

"Shiki! If you can't chop, stab! Just try it!" His father then demonstrated the basic stab of the style he wished for Shiki to learn. Little Shiki worked hard to do the same as his father, who could thrust his blade with such speed that little Shiki could swear he was seeing double. "Amazing how a goofball like him reached that level of skill..." Shiki said, as his father's teachings came back to him.
[Basic Stab Learned]

"Alright Shiki, if you really can't attack, or evade, or the opponent is better then you, block! It's the best thing to do at times." Shiki's father said, he signaled little Shiki to try and attack him. Shiki of course did his best to beat him, he started with an overhead strike. The young Shiki's father easily blocked this then used just enough force to push Shiki away. "Hehe, nice try." His father said happily, a big smile on his face.
[Basic Block Learned]

Skipping ahead a few years, Shiki was now at the point where he was ten years old. Already living in the village of the Sand. It was the middle of summer, and all around the entire village, people were sweating non-stop, others walked around with as little clothes as possible. While everyone tried to escape the heat, in the dojo, Shiki trained with his father endlessly, He wasn't allowed to take even a drink of water until Shiki had proven he mastered the second stage of his father's favorite sword style, Shunkan no Hagane.

"Son! You see this? You won't get any till you can block right!" Shiki's father laughed, in one hand he held up a bottle of ice-cold water, and in the other a sharp katana positioned to block any attacks. "Dammit Dad, just give me the bottle!" Young Shiki said in anger, charging at his father furiously as he kept grinding on his favorite sword. Closing the gap between the two while keeping his father's blade completely still. He was sweating buckets and the only real way to get it was to beat him, he thought he would die of thirst if it lasted any longer...
[Forward Grind Learned]

His father eventually used his top speed to evade the young Shiki's slashes, appearing behind him. He would try to get young Shiki with an overhead chop. Young Shiki quickly turned around, then pivoted on his forward leg to block his dad's attack. It wasn't enough to stop the intense strength of his father though, and the attack continued. "Nice try, Shiki." He said, continuing the chop, though with far less strength and speed. Shiki's father wanted to train him, not kill him.
[Pivot Block Learned]

Moving swiftly, he raised his sword to deflect the blade as it was brought down. The more the battle dragged on, the more Young Shiki's thirst strengthened. He needed to end this fast. After deflecting the blade, Young Shiki reached for the area just beyond the focal point of his father's sword with his own blade. A gentle, yet swift movement followed by another to redirect the blade away from his father, disarming him. "How's that for mastering the damn stage?!?! HAAAAAAAAA!?!?!" Young Shiki shouted triumphantly, his father had no complaints as Shiki grabbed the water bottle and gulped it down in mere seconds.
[Disarming and Deflection One Learned.]

Yet another few years later, Shiki remembered the time he was thirteen. His father had already left him to train himself at this point, confident that he could find the right path. It pleased Shiki that he could choose his own path, yet he missed the days where he would train for hours without end spending quality time with his father. It was midnight, Shiki was probably the last person left at the dojo. He wouldn't let his father down, he would train everyday until early morning just to get a technique right if he had too. It was this determination that made him the excellent ninja he was today. Holding in his right hand the scroll for Shunkan no Hagane, and in his left, the blade which his father had entrusted him. Tenken, meaning Heaven's Sword. It was surely crafted by a master sword-maker, having a razor sharp edge which could shear air with ease. A durable yet light material was used in it's making, allowing almost anyone to be able to wield the blade with ease. Shiki was thankful, for blade's of such quality were rare these days.

"Alright, let's begin." the young Shiki said, he began his training again after a short break. The first technique he planned to practice, Calligraphy, was a series of fine point stabs and slices. Though the wounds caused were shallow, they were quite painful and debilitating.

It was a simple move that Shiki had practiced hundreds of times already. Though he could not match his mentor, his father. He could still do the technique pretty damn well.

Carving the characters for the word "seal" over and over again into a wooden dummy. To anyone that could still be in the dojo so late at night, he would look like he was doing calligraphy. His slashes and stabs resembled brush strokes.

The dummy had the kanji for "seal" carved all over his body, in different sizes. All skillfully made by Shiki while he practiced his brush strokes and sword skills. He was proud of how well he progressed, even without his father to guide him.
[Calligraphy Learned]

For the next technique Shiki moved a few steps back. Just enough so that his slices would be a few inches short of connecting with the wooden dummy's body. He then readied himself to practice the next technique of Shunkan no Hagane.

The technique Shiki had in mind, Extension, was when one could swing their blades so firmly and quickly. One's blade would be able to shear and sharpen the air around it. It allowed the blade to reach slightly longer, about a few inches more then usual.

Shiki had always enjoyed practicing this technique. It was the hardest to perform due to the fact it required itself to be performed at an amazing speed, while keeping the attacks firm and strong. Extension pushed Shiki to his limits.

As Shiki kept a firm grip on the handle of his blade, he swung it around elegantly. As if he was doing brush strokes, or calligraphy. The cuts were quite shallow, since Shiki was only relying on a bit of sharpened air.

His performance of the technique was weak, compared to his father and other practitioners of Shunkan no Hagane that he met. Whenever he saw these people in tournaments and spars all around the village, he marveled at their intense power. Their movements looked like flashes as their blades collided with each other, shearing the air to an amazing level, even able to create countless intangible blades of air with their speed and power. It was not just this, that willed the young genin to train hard. But it was how these swordsmen put their entire being into their fights, as if they would not live to see tomorrow. It willed Shiki to further his training even when he was exhausted to the point of fainting.
[Extension Learned]

☼ [ Hidden Sand Village } Sunagakure

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games