Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings
Life is like unicorn poop: colorful and messy. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:11 am
Gigi Deveraux

The yeast pills thing: no offense implied at all but DUH. He's so filthy you get infections from him touching you there!

6th grade: OUCH!!!

The changing periods thing: maybe you have PCOS?

Yea I know... *sigh* Its ridiculous

Yea it was awful.

That's what I think. My full-blooded sister was diagnoised with that (before we stopped talking) and they told her that there was a 99% likelihood that if she had a sister that was overweight she would have it too so most likely yes considering I haven't been pregnant before..  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:12 pm
RainbowPop26
Yea I know... *sigh* Its ridiculous

Yea it was awful.

That's what I think. My full-blooded sister was diagnoised with that (before we stopped talking) and they told her that there was a 99% likelihood that if she had a sister that was overweight she would have it too so most likely yes considering I haven't been pregnant before..

PCOS sounds like a pain... emotion_hug  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:41 pm
Gigi Deveraux

PCOS sounds like a pain... emotion_hug

♪♫I, I love you

Yea, but I suppose I should be thankful because if I didn't have it I probably would have had (a) kid(s) ages ago... like with my first...and I was 15... so that would have been me having a kid from age 16 and up.... I don't think that would have turned out very well for me... though maybe I would have grown up or something... who can say now?

How are you today?

Like a love song baby♫♪

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:43 pm
RainbowPop26
♪♫I, I love you

Yea, but I suppose I should be thankful because if I didn't have it I probably would have had (a) kid(s) ages ago... like with my first...and I was 15... so that would have been me having a kid from age 16 and up.... I don't think that would have turned out very well for me... though maybe I would have grown up or something... who can say now?

How are you today?

Like a love song baby♫♪

Who knows... it's one of the great mysteries of the Universe, now.

I'm ok. Spent the evening with Nick, since he's going to his mother's for Turkeyday. I'll be with the immediate family. Bleh.  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:25 am
User Image User Image

How are you doing now, dearie? heart

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:51 am
Gigi Deveraux

Who knows... it's one of the great mysteries of the Universe, now.

I'm ok. Spent the evening with Nick, since he's going to his mother's for Turkeyday. I'll be with the immediate family. Bleh.

♪♫I, I love you

Indeed it is.

Aww, that really sucks hon I'm sorry. Hopefully that doesn't spoil your day too much. <3

Not sure we are doing anything for Turkeyday.

Like a love song baby♫♪

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:56 am
Louisa Iris
User Image User Image

How are you doing now, dearie? heart

User ImageUser Image

I'm good overall. Been doing some wishful thinking of the homesteading kind.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:19 am
Gigi Deveraux

I'm good overall. Been doing some wishful thinking of the homesteading kind.

User Image User Image

That's good, no problems in the horizon smile
      What do you mean by homesteading? What like, settling down?

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:54 pm
Louisa Iris
User Image User Image
      That's good, no problems in the horizon smile
      What do you mean by homesteading? What like, settling down?

User ImageUser Image

I mean homesteading in the old-fashioned sense, of settling down to live on a small farm. There's a place in Pennsylvania I see whenever I go to a friend's house in Lancaster, and it's been for sale for the last 5 years or so. Six acres of prime Amish Country dirt, zoned for livestock and farming.

I'm trying to decide what's better, a small flock of sheep or a dairy cow. I'd also have egg-laying chickens, of course, and maybe buy a share in a pig every year rather than raise one myself. I have the bad habit of naming animals, and I can't see myself eating something I named.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:07 am
Gigi Deveraux

I mean homesteading in the old-fashioned sense, of settling down to live on a small farm. There's a place in Pennsylvania I see whenever I go to a friend's house in Lancaster, and it's been for sale for the last 5 years or so. Six acres of prime Amish Country dirt, zoned for livestock and farming.

I'm trying to decide what's better, a small flock of sheep or a dairy cow. I'd also have egg-laying chickens, of course, and maybe buy a share in a pig every year rather than raise one myself. I have the bad habit of naming animals, and I can't see myself eating something I named.

♪♫I, I love you

Oh that sounds like fun.... erm maybe not to me but hey everyone has their dreams right? <3 I wish you could do that if that's what you really want to do.

Hmm.... Flock of Sheep and Dairy Cow(s)? razz Wool and Milk are both needed. Egg-laying chickens would be nice.... hmmm I don't think I could raise anything I knew I was going to have to kill off either.

A tad off topic but I would love to own a pot-bellied pig. Those things are freaking adorable. Of course if I had it my way I would have a menagerie...so there's that lol...

Like a love song baby♫♪

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:17 am
Gigi Deveraux

User Image User Image

Oh I see. I'm sorry, but homestead kind of also means settling down here in our country... well as far as I know that is sweatdrop
      Ooooh, that seems fun!! Hmm... that is a tough decision. I'd go for sheep mainly because they're really cute and fluffy. But then, cows provide money faster. I mean, you can milk them every now and then. Oh, I love Chickens~! They're so cute and cuddly especially when they're just chicks. Pigs are also cute... but they could be really smelly sweatdrop

Don't worry, you're not the only one. I too have a habit of naming animals around me, and I tend to search high and low for them should they go missing. They once wanted to buy a live turkey so that we could taste it for once. But I told them that if I name that turkey, they could never kill it. In the end, we just ended up with chicken bought from the grocery sweatdrop

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:17 pm
Louisa Iris

Well, I imagine that's the oldest meaning of the word... where do you live?

The smells don't bother me so much.

RainbowPop26

I'm thinking of going with the sheep not only for wool, but for meat (lamb is expensive, so they should bring a good profit), and some breeds of sheep are good milkers as well.

A cow has one or two calves once a year, and needs to be milked twice a day if she's a full-time dairy cow. Calves are either sold young as veal, allowed to mature as yearling steers for beef, or (if they're girls) kept/sold for milking or breeding.

The other consideration is that sheep are easier to handle individually. A cow can weigh anywhere between 800 and 1200 lbs. The largest breed of sheep are only about 250 lbs. Which one do you think is easier to manhandle when it's time for some worming medicine?

I'm not a fan of those piggies, they kind of creep me out. Maybe because I've heard too many stories of trespassers being fed to the hogs...  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:00 pm
All good points smile

I think they are adorable... from what I understand they are really docile its actual hogs you have to worry about... I could be wrong though.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:23 pm
RainbowPop26
All good points smile

I think they are adorable... from what I understand they are really docile its actual hogs you have to worry about... I could be wrong though.

Well, that, and I'd probably be looking at them and think "Mmmm... bacon!" cat_rofl  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:50 am
Nick called me this morning... he woke up before dawn, couldn't get back to sleep and decided he wanted company in his misery cat_rolleyes so he decided to wake me up. cat_stressed

Good thing I was back at the parental untis' location, because it degenerated into phone sex cat_redface cat_blaugh cat_rolleyes  
12. ✿ - - - Journal Writings

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games