Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vampire Island

Back to Guilds

Tags: Vampire, Demon, Role Play, Fantasy, Literate 

Reply Vampire Island: Main Areas
Cassius' Shop of Jeweled Wonders Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:37 pm
Vihata

Cassius returned Kota's smile and nodded him back to Meryth. Kota knew where the waterproof bags were, after all.

As Kota moved back, he watched Meryth a moment more and had to smile.
While they were distracted, though, he moved back from the ledge and closed his eyes, allowing his power to move through him as it wished.

He wanted to do this quietly, now that he was here. Distracting them both with the cave was exactly what he needed.

He just wasn't counting on how this would work...

It started softly, with a soft glow slowly moving out from his heart to encompass all of his body with a blue light. It lit up every scale and every strand of his hair. It lit up every line of his fins and every feature of his beautiful face.

The light made all of the gems in the cave sparkle and shine, then reflect and enhance the power right back at him. Thankfully the light wasn't the overly-bright and painful variety, so while it was distracting it wasn't a bad distraction. The light from Cassius and the reflection from the gems scattered a rainbow of colors around the place and made it a beautiful thing to watch and be in the middle of.

But the light taking Cassius over took on a brighter quality that pulled the eyes away from him for simple reaction.

When it faded, he was still there, and was still beautiful. But now... His scales were no longer rainbowed iridescent, they were various shades of blue. All the oceanic blues, including the blue-greens of the seas. His white hair now carried the paler shades of blue and green with a few streaks of deep purple and lavender. His eyes, when he opened them, still carried the beautiful lavender that Kota and Meryth knew so well; but they also carried the many hues his hair did. They also carried the full weight of his evolving powers... His fins were also changed. His tail was fuller and more elaborate; the fins along his forearms were a dark blue and even sharper, as well as longer; the fin that ran the length of his spine was a dark blue against his skin fading in color at the outer edge, was more elaborate, and even separated out into a double-fin. All three fins would make him even more maneuverable in the water... And even more deadly...

He looked up at them for a moment and was about to say something when another, softer glow started behind him. It pulled his attention to the tunnel and his breath caught as a smack of jellyfish moved into the water portion of the cave and surrounded him. He was stuck.

Until they started to move around him without touching him, almost as if they were worshiping him in some way. They moved around him a few times then moved back out to the tunnel. Cassius still hadn't really looked at himself yet, though, and the surprises weren't finished yet.

As he turned back to them, he was also wearing the Coral Crown...

Kota might take a moment to realize what was going on but Meryth had the tactical frame of mind to figure it out easily.

While Cassius had sent the spell back onto his father and it should have killed the former king. But the spell being in place didn't mean that his father had to still be alive when Cassius removed the spell. Meaning that the old king had to have died before that event and left Cass as his only heir. It meant that Cass had the throne honestly...

In other words...

He hadn't been fighting his own powers... He'd been fighting the inheritance of his father's powers... As well as the ocean choosing him well-before his father died and giving him the full oceanic powers he could rightly wield as Nature's chosen ruler of the oceans and seas...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:05 pm
Vihata

Cassius looked up at Meryth with a small confused frown then reached up to his head and felt the crown. That pulled a shocked gasp from him and had him shaking his head a bit. He pulled himself out of the water and forced his shift to legs so fast that he couldn't keep back the small shout of pain from it, though he swallowed down any other sounds as he went stiff from the pain.

He clenched his jaw tightly and shook his head as he looked up at Meryth, "I will not leave you two. They cannot make me stay down there. I'll give up the crown and let them fight over it first," he gritted out through his clenched jaw, the determination clearly written on his face.

He was obviously perfectly willing to allow the mermaids to fall into civil war before he'd allow them to force him to take up residence in the undersea palace and away from Meryth and Kota.

He looked around a bit, "Where's Kota?" he couldn't help how frantic he sounded. He wasn't thinking that clearly at the moment. His mind was simply filled with all kinds of paranoid thoughts, including the possibility of Kota getting kidnapped. Despite the fact that no one else knew of this cave...

Forcing his shift so fast was going to have him in pain for a while so it really wasn't much of a stretch to figure out why he wasn't thinking clearly. One could even see the muscles in his legs twitching from it...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:02 pm
Vihata

Cassius took the reprimands in stride, knowing that Meryth was right. He panted a bit harshly as the muscles in his legs spasmed and cramped and seized off and on. The good thing was that he wasn't screaming. The bad thing was that the pain kept him from being able to focus.
"I know you're right Meryth. I truly do. But..." he stopped there, not sure if he could explain it clearly.
But he was interrupted by Kota coming back and had to give a soft chuckle at him. He was a bit dirty, his hair was mussed up, and he had a small scrape along one arm; but he looked so proud of himself...
Still, he knew that he had to try to explain his panic attack and hoped that he could get the words out right.
As Meryth worked on his legs, he gave it a shot, "Before Kota came into my life, I was alone. I've spent a very long time alone. My mother only stayed around long enough to make sure that I'd survive, then she left. My father, you already know about. As I grew into my Siren powers, people had no problem inviting me into their beds, but not into their lives," he started there, hoping that Meryth would understand what he was trying to say.
In all honesty, the thought of losing them was almost crippling to him. He couldn't reason with this fear or throw logic at it, so he had no idea how to get past it or how to even begin to really process it.
He was very good at seduction and sex. But relationships?
Kota was his very first relationship. Adding Meryth into his life counted as his second relationship.
And when he really looked at what all had happened with Kota, he wasn't sure he was all that good at relationships...
It left him foundering a bit, like he was caught in a riptide or standing on quicksand. He really had nothing to use as a basis, nothing in his history that allowed for a healthy self-image in a relationship of any kind.

But now he was left trying to explain all of this to Meryth and Kota...  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 5:41 pm
Vihata

Cassius felt Meryth's exasperation with him and knew that it was valid. After all, he'd just been given one of the most powerful positions in the world. But...

He finally shook his head slightly as they rubbed the oil into his legs, "I'm sorry... I don't really know why I panicked like that... I don't have to accept it, you know... I don't have to accept the crown and I won't... I'd have to go down there to be officially crowned and then the palace won't let me leave. it's an ancient spell on the place, meant to keep the king from wandering... Now that I've finally found you two, I will not be giving you up. I am happy for the first time in my life and I will not allow anyone to take it from me," he said softly, his voice showing his certainty.

Once he could move without his legs twitching, he sat up and pulled the crown from his head. He looked at it for a moment in silence and gave a small smile, "Strange... When my father wore it, it carried red tones...," he mused over the colors in it for another moment, finding it strange that it's colors had changed like they had. But he finally passed the crown over to Kota, "Take it... Put it back in the water," he told him softly, making his decision just that easily.

He knew that if it was put back in the water, it would simply go back to si in the throne in the underwater palace. There, it would stay until someone else was chosen to rule. That's what happened in the past a few times.

What he didn't know was that the mermaids were already bringing the other male sirens to him. They were on the way right now. There was the time-slip between there and up here, so they had time to finish this decision.

But Cassius had already made his decision and he held the crown out to Kota. Already, he felt lighter, as if a heavy weight had been lifted from him. He felt himself coming back in balance, as if the whole thing had driven him mad for a time. It was as if that much power had cast all sense out of his head and pulled nothing but panic from him until this moment, when he made his decision. No matter which way his decision had gone, he would have balanced again. But with that much power moving through him at one time with no decision made either way, well... The power had been pulling him one way while his heart had been pulling him in another.

In truth, it was amazing that he hadn't gone insane before now...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:02 pm
Vihata

Cassius frowned as he looked at Kota, "What is it Kota? Please?" he asked softly, letting them both know through the bond that his question was an important one. He wasn't buying the bad act. He could tell that something had shaken Kota badly.

He pushed himself to his feet and leaned his backside against a large rock that he used for just that purpose frequently. The leaning also helped with his legs He knew that they'd have to head back up soon but knew that the only hard part for him would be shifting back to two legs after they got back.

For some reason, shifting to fins never hurt him. He could never really explain that part.

But right now, what had him worried was Kota. The mermaid histories and legends on the Coral Crown were a little... freaky... Certainly not something you told the kids before bed. Maybe around the proverbial campfire to scare the hell out of them...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:20 pm
Vihata

Cassius offered a tender smile for them both, "I'm alright to get us home. It's past time for that anyway. If you'll trust me, Kota?" he stated simply, though had to ask that last question.

He just had to ask it. If Kota questioned either of them now...

Once he gained a small nod from Kota he gave a small nod in return and moved for the water, "Shifting to fins never hurts. It's shifting to legs that gives me fits. Especially if I do it too fast," he used the explanation to cover his nervousness over what Kota had revealed.

He then proved his words by simply dropping into the water and shifting. The shift was seamless and easy, almost relaxing in a way. But he finally came up for air, pun intended, and held his hands out to the two of them. The changes he'd gained before stayed with him as a sign of the increased power he now carried as well as marking him as a true heir.

What Cassius didn't know was that there was more going on than he could have guessed at. It would all come clear later, but for now he had Kota and Meryth to concentrate on...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:39 pm
Vihata

Cassius paused long enough to give them both a kiss before working at pulling them both through the water and back towards home. He only really paused just below the surface to look at the sunset. He wanted them both to share this one with him and found the colors putting on a rare show for them all, giving so many beautiful colors washing over the water above them and around them. For that one moment, the world was beyond beautiful...

Then Cassius saw something in the distance that had him turning and moving them all fast towards the shore, when they were close enough he broke the surface with them, "Get to shore and make sure that the house is still secure," he urged them both then dove again.

Just as they made it up onto the beach, Cassius breeched with another mermaid. And they were obviously fighting.

The only disturbances to the house and it's beach were the bound and guarded male sirens waiting for them. Their guards were acting submissive and respectful towards Kota and Meryth, though. So they were not part of the attack going on in the water.

Once they'd made sure of the house, Cassius was pulling himself up onto the beach. He was tired but only had a few scratches in spots where bare skin could be reached. His new scales had saved him from worse, apparently.

As he laid back in the sand and panted for air, another male mermaid appeared, this one walking up out of the water with no problems. He was colored similarly to Cassius' new mermaid form, though with a bit more blue and green to his colorations. Even his long hair was blue and green.

Cassius raised his head to look at the new male and shook his head with a small smile as he laid back down, "About time you showed up... They just tried to attack us in the water. Apparently there's a faction that didn't want me to take my father's place," he said to the male, obviously relaxed in his presence.

The other male just shook his head slightly and whispered a spell to conjure up a waist-wrap before he gave a respectful nod to Kota and Meryth, "I came to reveal a few things to you that may change all of your minds about a few things. The first is that the former king was not your father, Cassius. He was also not the rightful king," he gestured to the waiting guards and they obediently released the male sirens then dropped to their knees in silence, "I'd set up the Siren-class to be the ruling class a very long time ago. It's part of why the males are so rare. They're meant to rule the others and have enhanced magical abilities to keep order. The idiots that attacked you just now were lackey's of the previous idiot. Thankfully, they won't be around long enough to pollute the gene pool," he explained a bit then gave Kota and Meryth another nod of respect, "But why don't you introduce us? I'm sure that they're suffering from a bit of shock at the moment," he added with a grin tossed in Cassius' direction.

Cassius frowned, "Are you Greek or Roman today?" he asked with a shrug of one shoulder.

The male frowned at Cass, "Greek. The Roman's were pussies that tried to downgrade me," he answered with a slight growl.

Cass just grinned impishly, "These are my mates: Kota and Meryth. Kota, Meryth, meet Poseidon. He's actually the first of the mermaids. The Greeks started worshiping him and wound up giving him god-powers as a result," he introduced then had to watch their expressions.

But he was letting them know through their bond that they should simply treat the male just as they would have treated Rex. The conversational stuff also allowed him the time to shift slowly, though it would take him a bit longer to finish.

Meanwhile, the other male sirens were rubbing at their wrists and jaws since the gags and bindings had chaffed a bit.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:29 am
Vihata

Cass stayed where he was as he made sure to take the slower route with his shift. Besides, Kota hadn't played with his hair like this in over a month and he'd missed it. So he was going to enjoy it.

He did wink at Meryth over his reaction to Poseidon showing up on their beach but continued otherwise with the conversation, "In that case, you need to check that crown. It's become a nightmare and even threatened Kota when I gave it up," he suggested then captured one of Kota's hands to put a kiss to his palm because he could, "I don't take kindly to my mates being threatened," he added, hoping that Meryth would catch the plural.

Poseidon gave a frown and put a hand into the water briefly. There was no real magic to see, but the Coral Crown was just suddenly in his hand. He checked the thing over and frowned harder at it. After a moment, he raised his frown to Cass, "This is not the original crown. I'll have this one destroyed and see to making a replacenent," he said simply and the crown simply disappeared from his hand.

Then he turned a softer look to Kota and Meryth, "I have no problem with you two being in his life. Kota, you are not now nor will you ever be a threat to Cassius in any way. Meryth, you are the kick in the a** this fish has needed for years. Kota, you bring out the heart in everyone you meet. I've been trying to get one of my mermaids to hook up with an Alichino for years. Look at you three! You're a perfect match all the way around!" he told them very directly.

Cass gave a wink to Kota to make him smile, "Love, would you go get me a pair of shorts? I'll be fin-free shortly," he requested softly, knowing that Kota wouldn't be able to resist the bewildered looks of the male sirens that were trying to get used to the world above water for the first time.

Kota's domestic skills made Cass look like a slob most days.

Cass raised his head to look at Poseidon again, "Two questions for you. One, can you take some of them on?" he asked gesturing towards the sirens, "I wasn't expecting eight of them, after all. Two, who is my actual father?" he had to ask that one, after all.

Poseidon gestured for one of the sirens to come to him. His hair was closer to an orchid tone but he carried the same lavender eyes. He also wasn't as lost as the others were, "This is Carsa. He's also the rightful king and your father," he said simply, managing to shock Cassius into silence as he looked the male over.

Carsa frowned a moment then looked at Poseidon, "He shouldn't be having this much trouble shifting, Pose. Something's wrong..." he said softly, his voice carrying the same musical quality to it that Cass had.

Poseidon frowned over that one, "I thought he was doing it on purpose, but you're right," he mused softly then moved over to kneel beside Cass, gesturing for Meryth to come over as well, "Kneel beside him here, would you? With your connection to him I'd get muddled with you way over there. Besides, he might not like what I'm about to do," he offered simply, knowing that Kota would be able to keep track through Meryth and wouldn't freak.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Vampire Island: Main Areas

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash