Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mystery Hatching] A Mysterious Kind of Folk Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:38 pm
K'bet and Blue Rubiginth

The first sign that something was about to be amiss was the disappearance of his most loyal flit. One second she was objectifying that Charcoal bronze as hard as she could, and the next she was just gone, pulled Between like a grape down a drain. Korbet sat up very tall, convinced there was about to be an earthquake or some surprise Threadfall or another equally devastating event, and then...

My Korbet!

Wait. What?

What sort of tale will you spin for your Rubiginth when this night is over?

It felt like it took forever for him to find the perfect little blue at the edge of the sands, even though he knew right where to look. This was not what he had come here for, and yet he was already moving, stumbling down the stairs with his notes crushed in one inkstained hand. He pulled up short just before the lip of the stands, right before Rubiginth could reach him on his own, and just stared. All the years of failure had been worth it. He'd lost count of how many times he had donned Candidate robes and—

Fifty-one.

Hm?

You haven't lost count. It was fifty-one times. But no more. You'll never be disappointed again. I have plans. But first I want a story. Food, then a story. Now come down here so you can hug me!

"I... I think I'm going to faint."

That's just the kind of epic opener I'm looking for! But not from you. Rubiginth hopped and reached, managing to snag a claw on his rider's boot but nothing more.

So, Korbet breathed in and out and didn't faint. He stepped down within reach, watching the blue curl around his ankles like a feline. His mind felt sharp and hopeful, like it hadn't in a very long time. With every intention of carrying his dragon to his first meal, Korbet bent over and... he pulled. Rubiginth's upper half stretched skyward, but his back legs and tail stayed on the sand. Korbet hefted and strained, but it was no use.

Maybe I'll just walk and we can tell everyone you carried me?

Um, yeah. Let's do that. Attention had shifted elsewhere for the moment. He was pretty sure they could say anything they liked about this moment and it would be believed. Korbet looked over at Teth with concern as they left, but the glance was fleeting. He simply couldn't stop himself from grinning.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:38 pm
TETH

Oh, he hadn't honestly expect the baby to listen to him and instantly call for his rider. You did it. Teth was exceptionally surprised, to the point where he lowered himself down from a sitting position to more of a laying one. Perhaps he really wasn't going anywhere?

At least not for now.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:41 pm
Candidate Omurntas Western
Omurntas shifted as the flow of hatchlings rose and ebbed. He realized he’d come to stop nearby another candidate standing alone along the edges of the main group. The young man nodded slightly to her, hoping he wasn’t intruding on a private moment.

All the babies were glorious. It was hard not to stare at them all. There was going to be a lot of happy new riders at the end of this.

MaraRune
Aelyx

Rinis- Apprentice Firelizard Breeder Western
“Oooooo check out the spots on him!” Rinis eyed the handsome blue who’d just Impressed. He seemed quite shy, hopefully his rider could get him uncurled and over to the feeding tables. A full belly could do wonders. She made a quick egg count. There only seemed to be four left to hatch, and so many beautiful dragons left to find their riders.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:42 pm
The small Purple and White Swirl green finally lifted her head back out of her shell. Her eyes whirled a mix of blue-green-yellow, and she glanced between the form of her mother, the bulk of her father, and then all the Candidates.

There were so many feelings... So many...thoughts.

Leaning forward, the front half of her shell broke against her weight, sending the green honking in alarm as she rolled most ungracefully out of her egg. She tried to spread her wings, but only wound up more tangled... and cried piteously. Oh dear, oh dear... What a right mess she'd made, and she couldn't, quite, get herself untangled.

Halp! She creeled with worry, stepping upon her caught wing, even as she buried her poor snoot into the sand. This wasn't right at all, oh no! Would anyone be her hero?

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:49 pm
Melhaika
Not normally one to interfere nor help others, the little greens cheep of distress was enough to spur him to act. Easy now, I'm gonna help you. He reached out a hand slowly, waiting to see if it would be ok. Gently, ever so gently, especially for him, he helped to untangle the little dragonet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:50 pm
Solameya | She/Her | HRW

Solameya let a little smile tug at the corners of her lips at the Impressions, dropping into a squat where she stood. She sent out good vibes to those making their ways around the sands. They were doing so well, theirs were out there. Keep looking. Don't give up, don't worry. Please, no panicking. Do what you need to, no rush.  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:50 pm
A baby was stuck! Lafemy has been watching the hatching silently with a bit of sick feeling in his stomach. But now, a baby was tangled up in her own wings and needed help.

Was he allowed to? He looked towards A’ral hesitantly. He moved forward. “Hey. It’s okay. You’re going to hurt yourself if you continue like that.”

Uta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:58 pm
Candidate Aelyx : Western : She/Her

Oh, there was someone here. Offering the candidate near her a nod, the girl's focus was on the moving babies. How interesting every single one was, and how relieving it was that there was no violence on the sands. Aelyx could feel her earlier tension draining away. Despite her contentment to remain in silence, she did offer her new companion a tiny half-smile and her name, "Aelyx." No need for further words, really.

magnadearel

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:01 pm
The little green stared up at Melhaika, giving a grateful and thankful croon as the stranger helped. Her eyes whirled a bright blue-green, and she absolutely radiated nothing but gratitude as her errant wing was untangled.

Oh...what a hero.

Though she didn't immediately speak, she rubbed against the other, giving a small trumpet--thought it certainly wasn't from Impression. Oh! A true hero, right on these very Stands. How good you are to have helped! I won't forget you, and shall be sure to tell mine of such a brave, and miraculous rescue! Oh, the green was absolutely awestruck, and her words weren't at all fake; she truly was amazed by this Act Of Great Kindness During Her Time Of Exceptional Need.

Only a few minutes out of the shell, and already she needed a little help! My oh my... The little green new she had to find Hers, but she wanted to be sure that Melhaika's good deed was recognized for what it was!

Such a good Candidate. Such a Nice Young Man. Though it was sweet, this little green was nothing but pure.

Lafemy was noted--though she did wilt just a little at his gentle reproach. She had hurt herself... but.... she would clearly need to do better. Oh... Oh dear.

dawns_aura

Thaliawen
Sorry! Just a minute too late.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:05 pm

With the reassurance that her sister did not hate her forever, Blue and Purple Paint green was on the move again. It didn't take long for the pair to find him, in the end. There he was, dreaming away about a dragonet that would never be his. Dragonets that would never be his. For she was his! Now and always!

My Nikal, don't think for a moment that I'd give your brother a second glance. He might be a healer, but it is you that I want. Your Tecuanith has fought hard for the honor of being yours. Will you be Mine? she asked, pacing toward Nikal with eyes that both showed glittering rainbows and a hint of uncertain yellow. Would he choose her?

She had chosen him.

User Image

medigel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:10 pm
FISHER

Fisher watched all the dramatics going on with a raised eyebrow. If she thought humans were complicated then what exactly did that make dragons? Other than exceptionally dramatic it seemed, what with the dad dragon walking off, stopping for a baby, the baby impressing, another one getting stuck in an egg, getting out of the egg, and......another Impression?

To a Western kid, she assumed, since she didn't recognize him. Lovely little green too. All the dragons had been rather stunning, actually.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:18 pm
As the infants’ sire seemed to waver between staying and going, not even Blue Cloud was immune to the mood that had fallen over the Sands. It added a sense of urgency to her search that hadn’t been there before. Even after the tense moment had passed, she continued on with the same purposeful stalking.

With a sigh, she noted that Purple and White Swirl was stirring up a small fuss. Was there no end to the drama? But then… someone approached the tangled green to assist.

The Blue Cloud green’s pace quickened as she approached her sister, her narrow-eyed expression showing distaste for the other green’s fawning. It was ridiculous to garner and take such attention with someone who clearly belonged to someone else. In fact… there was red fire in her glare as she shifted into a gallop, and simply… hip-checked the simpering green out of the way. She straightened herself and faced the one in front of her, baring her rather large canines in a sneer.

This man was not a hero, no, not for the other green, and certainly not for her. He was something more.

As her eyes met Melhaika’s, she would say nothing. But the man would certainly feel something. A quiet, resolute, and wholly encompassing love. As Impression was made, he would sense her name, rather than be told it.

Pallath.

User Image

dawns_aura

Teiha

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:21 pm
Candidate Omurntas Western
Despite not knowing this candidate, a companionable silence settled between them. Perhaps this was why the others formed up little groups? He hadn’t really known anyone he wanted to stand next to though. This worked perfectly. Omurn gave a smile back as she gave her name. “Omurntas.” Nice and simple.

Oh no! One of the greens had gotten tangled in her own wing. Help was called for and help came as several candidates moved to help untangle her. While that tiny drama unfolded, a dark green claimed her rider.

MaraRune
Aelyx

Rinis- Apprentice Firelizard Breeder Western
It was all magical. Each baby and impression were precious. Rinis sighed and ooohed over each one. She’d never get tired of watching these. Two of the greens quickly impressed back to back.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:25 pm
Quote:
O’dyn [WW] - 41 - he/him/his - Weyrlingmaster Second of Bronze Ansheth

Ansheth’s hum roused the one-eyed man in the middle of the night. He yawned a little, before it dawned on him that it was Hatching time. He rubbed the scarred eye, fumbled for the eyepatch, then reached for his shirt. Orry? Den?

Zinath’s is rousing the candidates. Let us make haste. Ansheth pressed a sense of urgency upon his rider, which seemed to wake him better than klah ever could.

He dressed in a shirt and wherhide trousers, but made a note to change into something nicer once the Hatching was done. After the Feast, it would be a Turn of hard work. Soon there would be a brand new batch of weyrlings to train. His mind started to thrum- almost adding to the hum of his dragon as he vaulted Ansheth’s back.

My dearest Lady Myrrath cannot leave Ada’s side… so we must take many notes, and tell her of what happens as it happens.

I have a job to do… He grumbled, though not opposed to his dragon’s selflessness. But I’ll help as best as I can.

Ansheth settled on a higher ledge, overlooking the sands. O’dyn settled against his bronze, pulling a tablet and pen onto his lap. His eyes strayed over the sea of candidate, settling as he saw his daughter. Good, she seemed as happy as ever. Please look out for her, dearest… He hid his concern well, but Ansheth knew his rider better than that.

Orry, my dearest girl, your father and I send you our best. He pressed a soothing wash of encouragement on the young lady, his hum reaching a low yet loud pitch. Lady Killakeeth, Teth, congratulations on your precious clutch. May they hatch safely and healthily. Noble tones from the large bronze, as he surveyed the shaking eggs.

A green hatched first! She was a beautiful sight, and Ansheth hummed in approval. Twin golds were next- a flash of an image sent to Myrrath, with a note of surprise. But the joy of hatching did not seem to last- for the first-born green and one of her gold sisters engaged in a battle of power and strength. Anxiety entered Ansheth’s eyes, swirling grey amongst the blue-green… He tried to send them reassuring thoughts- that all of them were beloved by the Weyr- but they were wrapped up in their own pain and anger, and he was just a spectator… what did his opinion and thoughts matter? Oh, my dearest Lady Myrrath, I wish there was a way we could take away the pain of the world… His hearts ached a little, and he sent love towards her, hoping that she was reassured even if she could not be there.

The hatching continued, following a deadly and bloody note. He tried not to creel in distress as the dragonets’ tempers increased, candidates struck down- one even killed. O’dyn had gone quite pale. She’s okay, isn’t she? Den too? Neither of them hurt?

No, they are both safe.

This will be quite a class. We have our work cut out for us.

Impressions seemed to be happening now- a little more quickly. Perhaps the dragonets were growing tired and hungry? It was important that they bond as quickly as possible, to ensure their own survival.

Interesting. A Stands Impression. She may need extra help, so take note. Ansheth agreed privately, continuing to hum as the dragonets found theirs amongst the candidates.

Mr Cheri
For Ada and Myrrath.

sariraii
For Orry.

houllow
For Teth.

magnadearel
For Killakeeth.

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:28 pm
Aryale

"It's beautiful, just like her," Aryale looked at the little green fondly, knowing in her heart that she was in hands that would keep her so safe and be ready to fight if needed. Kiri was wonderous like that and it was no wonder that she'd drawn the little dragon to her for so many qualities that Aryale admired in her friend. She didn't have it in her to be jealous of that at all.

Teth had settled for now, but....

"He'll stay," she said certainly, standing tall and staring the brown down for only a moment before looking out at the sands and looking over all of those dragons, them, then back to Kiri with a smile. She could not waver, she could not fear. Not on the sands, never. "I'll hope to join you both soon."

Uta

-----

Matotoka

"Only one person died. Small thing who got attacked by a green," Matotoka said, glancing off where their body had been and where the other young man was still being patched up. There was something clinical about his tone, as though he was purposely not trying to infuse any emotion into the words - distancing himself from any charge they could have.

When Karunia asked for a quick log of what was going on... "We have a bronze checking out candidates, a few greens have hunted down candidates to stake their claim, blue impressed, the sire is....I'm not sure what's going on there, and....that seems to be the thick of it. Nobody too close right now," but he still kept his wits about him anyways.

Medigel

Sweet Symmetry

----

Papys

Ah, he didn't blame the little blue for finding better company! Papys just smiled it away and instead passed his good thoughts on to the next little one who could need them!  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games