Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply RP Retreat
* Harry Potter; Mauraders' Era; lunch (next muggle studies); Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<3;
  <3;
View Results

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:00 pm
As Bella lifted her hand, she plucked the quill off the parchment, crossing her arms across her chest as she stared down at Rita. Bending down, she put her face close to Rita's, the quietness of her voice making her seriousness more real than if she'd been shouting, "I don't care what you think you hear or see, I don't want to see my name, or Sirius's; or in fact any of my Family's business in your little smear sheet. Do I make myself clear?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:17 am
Remus was glad that Sirius had thought that things overall went well. Hopefully the tension between him and Bellatrix would lift up, if only for a bit, because Remus was wise enough in his short years to know that things between them will not always be pleasant. "Well, it was good that you worked it out. I know it would've eaten you alive if you hadn't said anything." And while Remus thought that it was pointless trying to preserve a relationship with her, he was there for Sirius because he felt like he needed that most at this time, and he wasn't about to abandon him over something as silly as this.

As he felt Sirius' arm around his body, he snaked his arm up to wrap around Sirius. It felt so good within his arms, like he was safe from any danger that was ahead or around him and he felt himself at ease despite the fact that this embrace was sure to get heads turning in their direction and gossip to ensue. But Remus didn't care. He only cared about the arm at his hip and the man that he held close as they had finally made it to their next class.

"Terrific. Just in time."

comfylove
Crew

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:46 am
Sirius's face broke into a ridiculous grin as Remus put his arm around him. He knew people would question their relationship, but Sirius had always been a little on the eccentric side, so he'd let them wonder. He walked with a considerate bounce in his step, swinging his hips a little, just to be obnoxious. Once inside the classroom, he looked around for James and Peter, and, spotting James, lead Remus over.

"Hey, Jamey! Where've you been?" he said, clapping his best mate on the shoulder. After Remus had sat down, he slid his hand out and rested it on Remus' thigh, glad that the privacy of the back row allowed him to pull such a move.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:55 am
As soon as the bell tolled for class to begin, Oakden walked to stand in front of the table and next to the cage. "Good morning, class. I take it you've all had a smashing holiday, yes?" He beamed at them, allowing for murmers of assent. "Good, good. Then you all won't mind if we set straight to work. I trust you have all brought your copies of Pracitcal Defensive Magic and Its Use Against the Dark Arts with you?" More murmers of assent. "Well, I'm sorry to say that your efforts of lugging these rather large tomes have been in vain, for which I apologize, as we shan't be using them today. Although, there is a good spell on page 23 that could be of use in dealing with today's subject. Today we will just be studying one of Europe's most fascinatingly underrated dark creatures: the Pogrebin. Now, while Pogrebins are native to Russia, they have been known to show up in the more rugged areas of the United Kingdom. And since Hogwarts is situated in a rather rugged area of Scotland, it is quite necessary that you learn how to identify these creatures."

With a small flourish, Oakden revealed to the class the contents of the cage. He grinned as no gasps of shock were heard, although many of the students had leant forward in their desks in anticipation. He heard a loud voice near the back ask, "Er... but aren't those just rocks?" he chuckled and nodded dismissively. "I thought I might be faced with such results. As you can see, the Pogrebins are roughly the size, shape and colour of medium-sized rocks. However, if you care to look closer, you can see that their body is actually covered in fine grey hair." He flicked his wand at one of the grey lumps in the cage and stunned it. Taking it out, he held it in his hands and brought it around to each table in turn, demonstrating as he went. "As you can see, they have short, stout legs and a small head. In their natural habitat, they crouch down and hide their legs and head, assuming the shape of an ordinary stone." He walked back up to the front of the classroom and put the Pogrebin back into the cage, ennervating it. "Now, who can tell me why we'd need to fear these creatures?"  

Freak Show Excess

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:56 am
"Now, who can tell me why we'd need to fear these creatures?"

Severus looked around, not wanting to appear too eager to answer the question, but as no hands were going up, he slowly raised his hand. "Pogrebins are quite dangerous because they fill a person with a sense of hopelessness until that person can no longer take the strain, and then collapses. The Pogrebin will then attempt to devour said person." He knew that sounded straight out of the textbook, but it was, almost directly, for there really wasn't a better way of wording it. He shrugged inwardly. Still, he hoped Hobday would be at least slightly impressed that he'd already read about them.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:07 am
Oakden beamed at Severus as he answered the question so
concisely. "Very good, Severus. Ten points to Slytherin for such a thorough answer." He then turned his attention to the rest of the class, addressing everyone while remaining next to the cage. "Now. I'm sure a lot of you are wondering how such an ordinary, unexciting, small creature could be even the slightest bit terrifying. Allow me to show you what changes the pogrebin goes through in order to devour something considerably larger than itself."

Oakden rubbed his hands together in anticipation, as this was really the exciting part of the lecture. He again pulled a pogrebin out of the cage, this time leaving it fully functioning. Walking to the back of the classroom, he picked up the large globe sitting against the wall, which was easily as large as he was, and set it next to the pogrebin. "Now I shall transfigure this globe into a larger animal, let's say... a miniature horse." He waved his wand and the globe became a small, rotund horse. "Please watch as the pogrebin gets ready to devour the horse." He stepped aside, allowing everyone full view of the proceedings.

For a minute or so, it seemed as if the progrebin wasn't going to do anything at all. But the knowing smile on Oakden's face must've alerted the students to realise that something would happen soon. Suddenly, the pogrebin started expanding in all directions, much like an inflating ballooon. Many students gasped as a large, red mouth appeared. Several rows of sharp, yellowed teeth formed circles around the inside of the pogrebin's mouth. Now almost five times its original size, the pogrebin resembled nothing an ordinary student would've ever seen. A pungent odour filled the air, coming from the gaping mouth of the small creature on the floor. Right as the pogrebin started shuffling its feet towards the horse, Oakden shouted "Stupefy!" and it froze in mid-step. He flicked his wand at the horse, changing it back to a globe.

"As you can see, the pogrebin is much like a snake in the way it can expand its body to allow itself to eat objects much larger. Normally, a person who's seen a pogrebin in this state would only be able to allow himself to be eaten, as they would be frozen with dispair." Oakden noted the tension in the room and smiled warmly at the students. "You all, of course, have nothing to fear, now that you've learned how to identify them." He conjured up a larger cage, put the pogrebin inside it, and ennervated it. Almost immediately it started shrinking back to it's original state. "Ahh see, without a life source directly near it, the pogrebin regains its natural state. Fascinating creatures, really. Anyways," he said, checking his watch and clapping his hands. "For next class, I'd like you all to read chapter four on defensive magic for use against dark creatures. I hope I haven't taxed you all too much on your first day of classes." He beamed at them all and set the cage on his desk next to the other. "Unless you have any questions, you all are free to go."  

Freak Show Excess

un de plus pamplemousse

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:52 am
"Very good, Severus. Ten points to Slytherin for such a thorough answer."

Severus smirked, allowing himself to glow in the praise. He knew he was probably one of the scant few who'd read ahead for today. He listened intently to the rest of Hobday's lecture, quite fascinated with seeing the pogrebin first-hand. It was really a ghastly animal, but it rather intrigued Severus how it could expand like that. It must be brimming with magic, he thought.

He watched as the pogrebin nearly engulfed the globe-turned-horse, and was truthfully a little disappointed when the professor didn't allow it to devour the horse. It was probably for the good, though, as there were quite a few brainless nitwits who wouldn't be able to stand the sight of the horse being eaten whole.

As Hobday caged the animal up, Severus found himself trying to come up with an excuse to stay after with the professor. Coming up short, however, he silently cursed himself. Maybe he could ask him a few questions about the pogrebin? That would have to suffice.

"Unless you have any questions, you all are free to go."

Severus started, shaken out of his reverie by the professor dismissing them, and packed his things slowly, trying to waste as much time so as to ensure some time alone with the professor. He felt a little foolish-- but he honestly did want to know more about the pogrebin, especially as he lived in one of the more desolate, moorish areas of Scotland with naught but his shabby cottage and a small shed for miles around. It would be good to learn more about them in case he ever stumbled across one.

Noticing he had sufficiently killed enough time, Severus sidled out of his desk, taking his time walking up to the desk. His palms got a little damp as he approached Professor Hobday, and he inwardly rolled his eyes at himself.

"Professor, I was wondering if you would like to tell me whether there are many pogrebins near the northeasternmost part of Scotland?" He tried to sound cool and unaffected, but he was sure it ended up sounding sour and sullen. He wasn't much used to offhand conversations; they weren't his strong suit.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:25 am
As soon as Bellatrix removed the first quill, another instantaneously appeared in its place. "It's trying to finish the descriptions on pogrebins I started." Rita opened her mouth to say something else and instantly closed it as Bellatrix's face neared hers.

"I don't care what you think you hear or see, I don't want to see my name, or Sirius's; or in fact any of my Family's business in your little smear sheet. Do I make myself clear?"

Rita looked directly back into Bellatrix's eyes, no emotions running across her face. Inwardly, she was squeeling with delight. The year had barely begun and she was already get threats due to her writing. That meant she had to be writng something worthwhile. "No names? Not a problem. Is there anything else you need?"

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Mistril

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:57 am
Venatici had gone to his room as soon as Potions had finished. He had grabbed his Defense Against the Dark Arts books and whatnot, and was about to walk out the door when he remembered something he wanted to research. He ran back to his desk and wrote it down, remembering something else. Soon, he realized that he had to leave because he now only had 5 minutes to get to class. He took off at a run, making it into the room just before the bell rang. He quickly grabbed a seat and began writing what was on the board and what the Professor was saying.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:04 am
Narcissa didn't much care for Defense Against the Dark Arts, so she took her time gathering her things and getting to that particular class. She arrived at the room right when the tardy bell rang, but she didn't much care about being late. So, before walking in, she made sure that she was still looking spectacular. Once she was sure, she walked in and immediately apologized.

"I'm terribly sorry for being late on the first day, it's just that I had a little bit of trouble finding my book." Once the apology was out of the way, she took a seat near the back of the room and began writing what was on the board, while listening to his lecture.

Mistril

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:12 am
Bella hmph'd at Rita's response, knowing that was probably the best she would get for right now and returned to her seat as the professor started the lesson. She took Rita's quill with her, setting it on her desk and pulling out her own notebook and quill to write down the notes on the board. She flipped to the page in the book referenced and payed attention carefully during Oakden's lesson. She gasped with the rest of the class when the tiny, begnin looking pobegrin started expanding and growing large yellow teeth. Quickly picking up her things and leaving when he announced the lesson over. They had lunch then a free period next and astronomy at dusk. Her stomach was starting to rumble from her tiny breakfast that morning, so after making a quick stop in the dorm to drop off her things, she reluctantly headed down to the Great Hall for lunch.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 11:33 am
"I will have to get his contact information from you. I have some fabric that I'm sure he could make into some stunning ensembles. I'll speak with you after class about getting that from you." Gilderoy nodded at Professor Hobday and headed back toward his seat with Dempsy. Dempsy had already set up his side of the table with stationary, a quill, and a mirror.

"How is your favorite professor this morning? I'm sure you like the green he's modeling today," Dempsy asked.

"Well today. I'm going to get the contact information from him later." Gilderoy heard Professor Hobday began his speach about pogrebins, but Gilderoy was not paying much attention. He was working on his technique of surreptitiously giving glances to his mirror without Dempsy noticing. This would come in handy for targetting smiles at specific girls without getting the general population jealous. Dempsy would tally every time he noticed Gilderoy glancing at the mirror. When class was dismissed, Gilderoy started to approach Professor Hobday, but Servus Snape had beaten him up there. Instead, he sat behind with Dempsy, waiting for his chance to speak with his teacher.

Mmm Bop

Ky Jelly

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:40 pm
Rita frowned a little as Bellatrix walked away with her quill. She started to ask for it back but Professor Hobday started his lesson. "Oh well, atleast its got those charms on it." Rita pulled out another piece of parthment, and transcribed as Professor Hobday taught. She rolled her eyes as Servus Snape answered the question about the dangers of pogrebins. He was such a brown noser in this class. When the pogrebin changed forms, Rita took a small step backwards, startled by the transformation, yet still inrigued by the creature. Class was soon over after that. Rita had hoped to stop Bellatrix about the quill before she left but Bellatrix had exited the room quite fast and stealthly. Rita collected her things, taking a moment to glance over the parchment she had began at the beginning of class. She smirked as she noted that carefully embedded into her notes were details from conversations that happened in the classroom. The smirk changed into a smile as she exited the class, heading for the common room to drop off her notes before going to lunch.  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:39 pm
Gideon's eyes widened in interest at the sight of the expanding pogrebin, almost devouring the small horse. He shook himself when Oakden dismissed the class, but instead of heading to the door, he walked towards the professor, who was now talking to Severus Snape, a particularly unpleasant 5th year Slytherin. Him and James Potter seemed to detest eachother, but no matter. He tried not to get involved in interhouse affairs.
He saw his fellow Ravenclaw, Venatici, stand up to leave the class, and he waved.
"How was summer?" he called to him.  

ElDot

Freak Show Excess

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:06 pm
As Oakden finished packing away his things, he saw Severus Snape and a few other students approach him with questions. Smiling, he turned to address Severus, who was the quickest with his question.

"Professor, I was wondering if you would like to tell me whether there are many pogrebins near the northeasternmost part of Scotland?"

"Ahh, yes, I'm afraid. Considering, as you well know, northeastern Scotland is home to the quite mountainous regions of the Highlands, it is one of the most densely populated areas pogrebins inhabit. Not to worry, however, they generally steer clear of civilization, and only really work their devestating magic in large groups, which is why the one pogrebin here today wasn't enough to do me in," he said, laughing and clapping Severus on the shoulder. "So have no fear, my boy. After all, you displayed quite a bit of pogrebin knowledge in class today, so I'm sure you'd be able to handle one if it happened across your path. Now, if you'll excuse me, there are other students waiting behind you, burning with questions. If you need any more information or would just like a chat, you're welcome in my office any time."

Smiling and waving a genial goodbye to Severus, he now turned to Gilderoy, who was back for more questions, no doubt, about his muggle tailor. "Ahh, Gilderoy, did you enjoy the lesson today?"  
RP Retreat

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games