Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:15 pm

User Image
The tiger that shouldn't be....is....

((Sorry. Been distracted by a dozen rp's at once.))

Joshua blinked in surprise as he felt Tianara's slim arms circle him. He sighed at her words, his anger draining away. "Yeah, I know." He said softly. He knew it hadn't really been Kistad who'd done all of that, but only his body, controlled by an outside force.

He tilted his head slightly, leaning into her touch. "I suppose it's a good thing you don't remember." He murmured, closing his eyes briefly. When he opened them again, he was calmer, his amber eyes were clear and unclouded of anger. "I can't see there being any good in you remembering such horrible things."

Allen looked up at the nurse, grinning. "Nope! I'm fine! Just telling stories to my granddaughter and her friends. They came to be, begging on bended knees for my stories." His words made Aria break out into giggles. As if!

User Image
The tiger that should be....isn't....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:22 pm

((OOC: Poor darling. I have quite enough trouble with my few. razz ))

Tianara sat silently for a few minutes. She felt the urge to change the subject, for Joshua's sake as well as her own. For a little while, she chased and discarded subjects, trying to find one that would fit. At last, she sighed and went with the one that she was currently curious about.

"Joshua...do you know..." It was sort of an absent question, obviously not phrased with too much thought. "Have you ever been in love?"

And after a minute, a very quiet minute, "...What was it like?"

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:42 pm

User Image

((Normally I can keep up but if they all become active at once, then it makes it a bit harder.))

Joshua stiffened in surprise at the question. He instantly flushed a deep red color, embarrassed. Mutely, he shook his head. It took him a minute before he could find his voice.

"Never." He said quietly. He shrugged and spoke again, anticipating what he thought Tianara's next question would be. "There's just never been anyone who caught my eye. You have to remember something - Almost everyone has laughed at me because of how obsessive I am about the sea. The only one who I might have even considered is Aria."

He paused, then shook his head. "But she's more of a sister than anything. She's nice and all, but she's not the one." All the time he was speaking, the blush never faded from his cheeks.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:57 pm

((OOC: Well, I'll make it a bit easier - I'm off for the night. biggrin Ciao.))

Tianara's eyes softened and she nodded mutely. After a minute or so, she found her voice. "They laughed at you?" she asked softly. "Just because you love something so beautiful." There was a trace of sadness in her voice as she spoke. She didn't understand the minds of normal humans.

She had wondered if, maybe...if there had been love once, and that was why he was so reluctant to speak of his past. It seemed that love gone bad did strange things to people, at least as far as she could tell. Oh, she wished she could understand humans! They just made so little sense to her.

Even her own thoughts and emotions seemed to be going mildly haywire, as far as that went. When he'd spoken of Aria as being 'more a sister', she'd caught herself wondering if he thought of her like a sister as well. But that felt a little uncomfortable to ask, although she wasn't sure why. Since they had already traversed enough uncomfortable subjects, she left it alone.

Instead, she turned her questions into the realm of the hypothetical, resting her head against his shoulder again - she was getting tired. She had, after all, only just woken. "What do you think it would be like?" she wondered. "When you found the...the one, you said?"

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:18 pm

User Image

((Ciao!))

Joshua sighed and shrugged. "They just didn't understand why I'm so obsessive about it. Even my parents." He added calmly, as if it didn't mean anything. But the ocean had been the cause behind the big fight he'd gotten into with his parents - The result of which had been him living here, alone in his cabin. It had taken almost a year before he'd even spoken to his parents again.

He looked thoughtful at Tianara's next question. He rocked back and forth slowly, thinking aloud. "Hmm....What would it be like? I don't really know. I suppose I've always sorta thought there'd be....I dunno, something there. It'd have to be someone who loves the ocean, I know that. I want to be able to share ny love of the waters."

He was quiet for a minute, composing his thoughts. "I suppose it would have to be a kind person. I can't stand cruelty, especially about the sea. Someone who could be my friend, as well as lover." He blushed a darker red at the last sentance. It had just slipped out. He hadn't quite meant to say it.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:17 pm

((OOC: Scored an extra few minutes, so one post more. heart ))

Tianara remained relaxed against him. Her only reaction to his first words was to nod slightly. She didn't look up - she didn't want him to see the sorrow in her eyes. What must it be like, to have no one - no one - who understood? She supposed he had had Aria and Allen, but that had come later, hadn't it? His own parents couldn't understand him. Or chose not to understand him.

Had her parents been like that, she wondered? Refusing to bend their understanding for their child?

Well. It didn't matter.

She smiled a little bit against his shoulder as he stopped speaking. "All good qualities, Joshua, but it doesn't seem to me that you're picky enough to not have met anyone you could love," she said, glad to be away from their past topic and into something lighter. Something she could use to begin to forget. "There must be more than one kind person out there who loves the sea. Who could be your friend." There were plenty of people who fit those qualities, as far as Tianara could think of.

"Is there anything else they would need?" she asked, curious now. This would be an ideal time to ask her what she would look for, if she was to be kept distracted. "Or is that it?"

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:26 pm

User Image

((Yay!!))

Joshua shrugged. "Like I said, I don't really know. I'm hoping I'll know when I find the one person I'm looking for." Alright, that was enough about him, he decided. He wondered what had brought up this topic suddenly. Either way though, he was moving it away from himself.

"What about you? If you think it's so easy to be specific, what would you look for?" He asked her, teasing her lightly and smiling. "Let's hear how you think it should then, since you seem to know so much more.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:39 pm

((OOC: Lied. I will get one more in before I go to bed, because this conversation intrigues me.))

"I didn't say I was an expert or anything," Tianara defended, laughing at herself from his teasing. "Just that I'm surprised you haven't met anyone yet - it's not like you're being picky."

She blushed a little bit, but considered Joshua's question carefully. She had never really thought about her ideal love, honestly - to her, it had always been just a dim figure in the back of her mind. Tilting her head back so that she could gaze up at the ceiling, she began to think aloud. "He'd have to be unique, I think, or at least not mind uniqueness," she began. "Because I'm so strange. And he'd have to be patient - to put up with me and all my questions. Someone I could trust with everything I was thinking. Someone I could trust with my family."

Continuing to consider, she murmured, "He'd have to like children. Be open-minded, be kind - because sometimes I would be nervous. I tend to be. Not be too afraid of things he doesn't quite understand. He...well, I hope he would care for me."

She looked up at Joshua. "He'd have to be..." She was shocked to find the words Like you rising to her lips to finish the sentence, and hastily concluded with, "...special."

Confused at herself, she shrugged it off with a soft laugh. "I guess I'm more picky than you are."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:49 pm

User Image

Joshua listened attentively. Without meaning to, he found himself comparing himself to Tianara's list, checking off the points in his mind. He was surprised to find he fit the description perfectly. She could have been talking about him specifically!

He laughed, trying to dismiss the thought, wondering where it had come from. "Well it sounds like you know what you want." He told her with a smile. "Let me know when you find him. Not just anyone will fit your description. He'd have to be pretty special."

He felt an unexpected pang in his heart, talking about her finding love. He knew it would have to be someone really special. Much like a brother, he didn't want to give the girl away to just anyone. She deserved so much more. But it still hurt, to think of losing her and he couldn't figure out why.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:48 am

The nurse smiled, "Well its nice to know you're all okay" she said, she turned around to leave the room and quickly left.

Mac turned to Aria with determined eyes, he wondered if she would be willing to go with him on these unplanned adventures. He then turned to Mike, "Hey, so whats the-..." he stopped talking, looking at Mike's face.

Mike, standing there, staring at the door now, remained wordless. He seemed thrown off by something, and was watching like a predator for a potential attacker.

Dao was looking at Mike, having worried expression. She never knew exactly what to expect with him.

For some reason, there was unseen emotion about the room.

EG Water

Seeker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:05 pm

((OOC: Oh God. I am so tempted to have Tianara find someone who she thinks fits her description now - and if Joshua knew them and knew they totally weren't right for her, it would be even better. whee ))

Tianara smiled at his words. "I did say I was picky," she pointed out, giving a little shrug. "I just...I want it to be right. If I get it wrong, I can't change my mind." Divorce and all such things were entirely unknown among the merfolk. A union was for life, and Tianara assumed that humans were the same way.

"Well, I don't think I'll have to worry about it for a little while," she said lightly. "But when I find him, I promise you'll be the first to know." And why did giving that promise seem so much like breaking another, she wondered? One that hadn't even been said?

She shrugged it off. There was enough to worry about without trying to chase down strange little niggling emotions. With a shy smile, she added lightly, "After my mother, of course. I probably wouldn't be able to resist telling her all about him." She laughed. "And she'll probably want someone to keep an eye on him for a while to bring back a full character reference. She's just like that."
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:41 pm

User Image

(( XD Oh, the trouble it could cause.))

Joshua didn't bother to try and change her mind about being able to change her mind. Though divorce was common enough, it still wasn't looked upon as the best choice. Better to let her wait and be sure of her partner.

He chuckled at her correction. "I wouldn't dream of knowing before your mother." He reassured her. "She is your mother after all, and mothers are just like that." He laughed quietly. "They worry over everything and want everything to be perfect. Everything has to be just right for their precious darling."

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:26 pm

((OOC: ...Let's do it. PM me and we can work out details? XP))

Tianara smiled up at him - the first real, no-reservations smile she'd given since before her brief flirtation with coma. "Every mother's like that? And here I thought it was just mine," she said lightly. "I swear, if she could turn me into a mermaid somehow so that she could help me pick out my partner, she would do it." She tilted her head, consideringly. "I wonder if I'd mind," she murmured, half to herself.

Dismissing the thought after a few minutes, she realized that there were pins and needles in her legs. She'd been in the same position, cradled against Joshua, for far too long, and her muscles were beginning to protest. Also, she was sleepy. She hadn't had any proper sleep - that hadn't involved being catatonic - for the past couple of days.

She gave a little cat yawn and shifted her position to get the blood moving again. "What time is it?" she asked. "My sense of time is all out of whack. It can't be as late as it feels, can it?" It felt like it was sometime in the wee hours of the morning, but surely it couldn't be that late already.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:39 pm

User Image

Joshua felt immensely glad all of a sudden, seeing the true smile Tianara flashed him. "Trust me, my mother's like that too. Well, for the most part." There was still that whole disagreement thing, but despite that, she was still Joshua's mother.

Noticing her shifting, he released her, backing away slightly. She was calmer now, and didn't need the comfort anymore. He smiled slightly at the question. Glancing up at the clock, he told her, "It's just past midnight. The storm's just making time feel longer than it actually is. You might as well sleep. There's still awhile before dawn."

He could hear the storm still howling outside, battering the small cove relentlessly. It made Joshua glad he'd thought of the sudden sea squalls when he'd had this place built. It was extremely sturdy, despite being so small.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:51 pm

Tianara nodded at his words. She found herself shivering a little bit once she had obediently moved away from him - her body had grown accustomed to his warmth. The cabin wasn't cold or anything, but it rather felt that way now.

Upon curling up on the bed in an attempt to conserve the heat she had left, she stiffened a little as she listened to the howling winds. Her breathing shortened slightly, and she determinedly closed her eyes. Tianara had a bit of a thing about storms, especially considering her past. They bothered her, and the longer they went on, the more edgy she got.

She hadn't noticed it before, because she'd been somewhat busy being catatonic, and then being with Joshua had distracted her. Now she could hear the wind just shrieking, and she was getting uncomfortable.

"Joshua," she began, almost timidly, "how much longer will the storm go, d'you think?"
"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games