Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 am

User Image
The tiger that shouldn't be....is....

((Aww....You alright? What happened?))

Still completely fast asleep, Joshua reached out and put an arm around Tianara, holding her close. He was a person who liked contact, who liked being around people when he could. He didn't realize how it would affect him at night though - He was a cuddler automatically holding onto any warmth that was next to him. In this case, it was Tianara.

It was some time later when he was woken by a loud crash. A wind raced through the cabin as he jumped, lifting his head as he tried to think. What in the world had happened? A quick look around showed clearly what had happened - Pieces of glass were scattered all over the floor and the shutters on the window banged around wildly. They must have come undone in the storm and the winds had burst the glass.

Cursing, Joshua threw off the blanket and crawled out of bed, fighting the winds. He had to get that window closed! He was buffeted from side to side by the winds as he tried to cross the glass riddled floor. When he finally made it, he clung to the counter with one hand, trying to close the shutters with his other hand.

Aria clutched at Mac's hand. Though it wasn't as dark as it had first seemed, she still wasn't happy. She leaned against him, trying to breath calmly - Something that was only partly working. It was just too dark for her to be comfortable.

User Image
The tiger that should be....isn't....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:33 am

((OOC: Blah. It's just a really crappy week. I have so much to do and it's all very stressful. >.<))

Tianara started awake at the sound of crashing glass. Her first, panicked, half-awake thought was Oh God, he's come back, it's come back. Looking around, she realized that the window was broken and Joshua was gone - but it only took her a second to make him out against the dark of the cabin wall, trying to close the shutters.

That was right. She hadn't thought to brace the shutters during her prowling last night.

Carefully, she slipped out of bed. Keeping herself as steady as she could in the wind, she picked her way across the glass-covered floor and towards him. With the wind blowing her long black hair wildly around a now very pale face, she would have made a perfect picture for any sorceress in a children's book.

"I'll get this one," she said, moving to the other side of the window and bracing herself against the wall to keep from being blown over. "Make it easier if we each have one of them, right?"

Not really listening for an answer, she shifted her weight and pushed the shutter forward to try and close it.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:06 pm

User Image

((Aww.....*hugs* Here. Cookies make everything better. *Hands cookie* ))

Joshua glanced up at Tianara, just barely hearing her over the wind howling. He nodded, too focused on the window to speak. They struggled for a minute, fighting the wind that wanted to keep the shutters open. Finally, after what seemed like eternity, they snapped shut.

He stumbled in the sudden lack of wind, having to catch himself. He snapped the lock back into place on the shutters, glancing around for something else to brace them. Seeing the chair under the doorknob, he glanced at Tianara. "Your work?" He asked, pointing at the chair. He certainly didn't recall it.

The shutteres thumped against his hand, making him remember what he'd been doing in the first place. He moved everything he could in front of the shutters, giving them no room to open again. "That was quite the scare." He muttered as he finished his work.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:18 pm

((OOC: *noms on cookie* Yay, cookies. Thank you. biggrin ))

When at last the windows snapped shut, Tianara breathed a sigh of relief. It had been a much bigger effort than she would have thought it would be. She couldn't believe any wind, even storm winds, could get up quite that much power.

At Joshua's words, she glanced over at the chair, flushed a little, and shrugged. "It just seemed like the thing to do," she said. While the boy was occupied with propping things against the shutters, Tianara set to work picking up the big pieces of glass scattered over the floor. She wasn't quite sure what to do with them - Sorry might want them, she thought distantly, for her storm-glass collection. But they were only clear, and she knew the mermaid had a lot of clear glass. Well, she could ask and find out.

Her hands full of glass, she looked up at Joshua's statement and smiled weakly. "Yeah," she replied. Carefully setting the larger pieces down on the counter, she went to pick up the smaller bits and pieces. She wasn't sure if it was worth going back to sleep anyway - she was tired, but it had to be nearly dawn.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:31 pm

User Image

"Good idea." Joshua told her absently, as he finished propping the shutters closed. Glancing at Tianara, he told her, "Don't worry about the little pieces. I'll grab the broom. I don't want you to hurt yourself." He ducked into a small closet in the corner, pulling out a broom and dustpan.

He set to work, cleaning the glass off the floor. "Would you mind checking the counters and bed? I'm not sure how far the glass exploded." He smiled wryly at her. "Truth be told, I've never seen glass explode like that."

He hadn't been expecting it. It made him wonder just how bad the storm was outside. He could hear the wind howling and roaring. He couldn't remember a storm quite this bad before. Certainly, his windows had never been broken before.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:43 pm

Tianara blinked. "I'd think that we'd have noticed if glass fell on us," she pointed out, giving him a slight smile in return. But nevertheless, she went to check the bed, running her hands over the sheets. She shook her head, frowning down at it. She didn't feel anything. Then her eyes rose up and her breath caught.

Tentatively, she reached up to the pillow. About two inches away from where they'd been lying, there lay a palm-sized, jagged shard of glass - easily big enough to have driven through someone's throat. She picked it up with a bizarre feeling of courting disaster, and sort of hid it from Joshua's immediate view. She didn't want him to see how close one of them could have come to sudden, violent death.

Moving across to the counter, she set the jagged piece on top of the pile she had already begun to collect. No, she thought, she might not offer to give this stuff to Sorry. Somehow, she didn't think the mermaid would want it all that much.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:55 pm

User Image

"It's the stuff that didn't hit us I'm worried about." Joshua explained as he swept. He worked quickly, soon having gathered it all up. He dumped it into a plastic container. He would deal with it later.

He glanced up at Tianara came back over to the counter. "Find much?" He asked, glancing at her hands. His eyes widened as he saw the jagged piece. He gave a low whistle. "That could have been nasty." He whispered, a shudder running through him. He didn't even realize where in the bed the piece had been. "That's why I asked you to check the bed." He added softly. Not realizing Tianara had set the glass pieces aside for a reason, he swept them into the plastic container before putting it back on the counter. "There. I can deal with that later, now that it's safely away."

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:12 pm

Tianara, still pale from her discovery, only nodded. She didn't even object when Joshua tossed out her pile of glass - like she had thought before, it was unlikely that Katalina would want it. Considering the circumstances and all. Instead, she eyed the plastic container as though it held a caged monster of some sort before taking a deep breath and making the effort to smile. "Well, that was exciting," she said, attempting lightness and not quite making it. "Can we go back to sleep now?"

She wandered back to the bed. Giving the pillows a quick, suspicious look that someone looking in her direction could not miss, she slid back into bed. Resting her elbow on the maligned pillow where the glass had been, she asked, "What do you do with glass when it breaks like that? You said you would deal with it later. Are you going to put it back together?"

Privately, she was awed. To do something like that would require much more patience than Tianara thought she had. She knew Joshua could be patient, but that was just insane.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 pm

User Image

Joshu chuckled at the suspicious look she gave the bed. "It's not going to bit. Not unless you missed some glass, which I highly doubt." He sat on the edge of the bed then stretched out, laying on his stomach.

At her question, he gave Tianara an increadulous look. "Some of those pieces are just tiny shards! I've never get the thing back together again." He shook his head, smiling. "I meant I would put it into a sealed container that I can throw out. But that requires finding said container."

He glanced at the blocked shutters and sighed. "Well, dawn can't be more than a few hours off, but I'm still going to try for some more sleep. Something is better than nothing. And I've a feeling I'm going to need all the rest I can get." He pulled the blanket over him and rolled on his side, facing Tianara as he let his eyes start to drift closed. "You should probably do the same." He murmured.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:51 am

((Sorry guys, my mom flipped out on me, so now I'm moving across the country to escape her wrath :c I might not be able to post that often))

EG Water

Seeker

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:27 pm

((OOC: That sucks. We'll see you when you get back. 3nodding ))

Tianara let him laugh. He didn't have to know what she knew, after all. She settled down after a little while, hoping she wouldn't get stabbed by a piece of glass after all her trouble.

She grinned a little bit, not quite embarrassed by her mistake, but a little awkward all the same. "Oh," she said. She gave a slight shrug. "Guess that explains why humans keep throwing away all that glass that Sorry collects." Personally, she still didn't see why it would be so impossible, provided you had the necessary patience.

At his next words, however, she shrugged. "So? We're humans, not merfolk. We don't have to rise with the dawn, unless you're afraid of Nezik teasing you," she added with a little smirk. Seeing his eyes beginning to close, however, she went quiet and slid down farther under the covers. The wind was still shrieking around the cabin, but as long as she wasn't alone - and knew by the breathing of the other occupant of the bed that she wasn't alone - she felt safe.

Wiggling closer to ensure that he couldn't sneak off after she fell asleep - last thing she needed was to wake in a panic - she closed her eyes again and drifted off.
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:39 pm

User Image

((Too bad. Hope to see you soon.))

Joshua nodded about the glass. It was easier to get knew glass than try to repair it. Most humans didn't have anywhere near that amount of patience.

He chuckled as he realized she was right about rising with the dawn. Just because they were friends with the merfolk didn't mean they needed to keep the same hours exactly. "That makes things easier." He said with a smile.

Joshua let his eyes close all the way, sliding into sleep. The wind didn't bother him as he was confident in his cabin's ability to keep it out. It didn't take him long to be deeply asleep. And once more, he found himself unconsciously holding Tianara close to him. He just liked having people around. Provided that they didn't mock him of course.

User Image

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

EG Water

Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Nira cackled sweetly, "Well now, lets make more chaos" she said. She waved her hand under her, and an energy formed. 3 Sahagins appeared in the storage room in the Hospital. The trio thrashed about until they found the door. They quickly took work and began to ram against the door.

Mac heard a loud thump, "What was that?" he asked aloud as his ears perked up. His grip on Aria's hand signified that he was curious as he moved a little.

Mike began to walk down the hall back to Mac and the others. He heard the thump as well, he walked back to their room. Entering he looked at Mac, "Did you hear that?" he asked, his eyes alert and determined.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:37 pm

((OOC: *generic post indicating that Tianara is still asleep*
Timeskip with them?))

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:08 pm

User Image

((Works for me.))

Aria jumped at the sound of a thump. Her hand clenched tighter around Mac's. If there was anything she hated worse than the dark, it was strange noises in the dark. Her breathing sped up and she looked around the room swiftly, though she could barely see in the dark.

User Image

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games