Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
The Song of the Siren (Accepting :: OPEN) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:07 pm

User Image
The tiger that shouldn't be....is....

Aiden raised an eyebrow at her offhand comment. "Not much time with heat?" He asked mildly, confused. What, did the girl live under a rock or something? Jeez she was bizarre. "And just what do you mean by that?" He asked, curious as to what she'd meant and also why she looked so scared now.

Joshua slipped into the conversation smoothly, barely looking up to take in the confused and frightened looks of Aiden and Tianara respectively. "Ever been to Queenscove, Aiden?" He asked with a chuckle. "It's not the warmest place in the world. But it's not so cold that we bother with heating a lot of the time. It's a comfortable cool. And cloudy a lot." He finished the map he'd been trimmed and set it down. Looking up at the other man, he chuckled. "Tianara and I both grew up in Queenscove, though I didn't realize it until I met her here. My first summer here I was surprised by how hot it was." He'd come to Tianara's rescue beautifully, the words coming as if they were all one hundred percent true. And most of it was. Only the little bit about Tianara wasn't completely true.

User Image
The tiger that should be....isn't....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Tianara relaxed a little, surprised by how easily the lie had come from Joshua. He was really remarkably good at telling stories, she thought. And yet he'd always struck her as so intrinsically honest that lying would be hard for him...

She shrugged to herself. If it saved them from trouble, then that would be okay. But she still glanced a little wistfully at Adrian, wondering if he'd be a good person to confide in if they just gave him the chance. Didn't they need as much help as they could get? He probably knew a lot of people.

But she decided it would have to wait. She didn't want to tell Adrian that Joshua was a liar not two seconds after Joshua finished speaking - particularly since he had saved her from telling a much more confusing and unconvincing lie by doing so. Tianara was not a good liar.

Although now that Joshua had given her the template, she could add in details without a problem if called upon to do so. She realized with some discomfort that they had forgotten to talk about where she supposedly lived now. If Adrian were to ask, she'd probably just let Joshua answer again. Or else she'd think of something. Surely even she could answer that simple a question, right?

She picked up one of the trimmed maps and smiled. "Oh, these are fantastic," she decided. "They'll be perfect."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:26 pm

User Image

Joshua himself had been kind of surprised by how easily he'd lied. 'Apparently you can do anything for your loved ones.' He thought, then realized what exactly he'd thought. 'And Tianara and Katalina and Nezik and them are as close as family!' He tried to amend the thought, even though no one had heard it. He ducked his head, hiding his red cheeks as he applied himself to trimming the last of the maps.

When he looked up from the last one, he had himself under control again and was able to look at Tianara. "Yeah. These are going to be perfect. We can see exactly what we need on at least one of them."

Adrian merely looked baffled, a confused smile on his face. "And just what are you talking about?" He asked, glancing between the two.

Joshua hesitated before answering, trying to find a suitable answer. It had been fairly easy with the part about Tianara. It was mostly the truth. But now he couldn't say anything of the truth, which left him scrambling. "Uh...Um, fish." He said finally. "I'm trying to find a kind of fish Tianara knows about. She was going to help me and a friend find it's home on these maps." He said, trying to pull together an excuse.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:12 pm

Here, it was actually Tianara who added details. "They're sort of a subspecies of the rabbit fish - maybe you've seen them around, though I doubt it. They're pretty shy." She smiled as she talked, and there was no doubt of her sincerity. These were probably actual fish. "They live along various southern coastlines, but Joshua's sure he saw some around here. I think he's silly," she confided with a giggle.

Then she picked up one of the maps. "So we're going to go around and see if we can find any nearby - after I circle all the places where they actually do live so Joshua can see how unlikely it is."

She was proud of herself. She'd actually managed to sound like she had a good grasp on English there - having no idea that 'silly' was probably not the word she had wanted earlier. But it was passable. Maybe Adrian wouldn't notice.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:39 pm

User Image

Joshua breathed a sigh of relief as Tianara came to his rescue this time. He smiled slightly, laughing to himself. They made a great team apparently. "I'm sure I saw some." He said, sounding slightly defensive to keep up the act.

Adrian just shook his head. "You and your fish Josh. You're obsessed." He glanced at Tianara thoughtfully, his head cocked to the side. "English isn't your first language, is it?" He guessed shrewdly. He was used to all sorts of travelers where English was their second, third, or fourth language. And they made the same kind of almost-errors that Tianara did. "What's your first language? I'm not sure I recognize the accent."

Joshua winced. Oops. That was one thing he hadn't thought of. The strange kind of lilt that all the ocean children seemed to have when they spoke English. He figured it was a result of growing up with the merfolk and speaking their language but still....

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:20 am

Tianara, however, this time sailed smoothly into the choppy waters, remembering how she had covered her earlier mistake with actually speaking the merfolk tongue to him. "Well, no, it's not," she admitted, the lilt in her voice becoming a bit more pronounced. "Why, was it that obvious?"

The words came out a lot more easily this time, too - apparently lying, like everything else, got easier with practice. "It's not really a language," she explained. "It's more of a...a dialect, and it doesn't really have a name. But it isn't spoken very much anymore - it's a dying breed, I'm scared," of course meaning I'm afraid, "so it's not really surprising that you haven't heard it before. I'm trying to teach it to Joshua, but it's not going very quickly," she added with a grin in his direction.

Putting her hands in her jeans pockets, she gave Adrian a shy smile before looking to Joshua. "We should probably go - isn't there more that we have to get before we go looking for fish?"

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:41 am

User Image

"Interesting." Adrian murmured softly. A language he didn't know? That was certainly something to look into. "Well, good luck with that." He said dismissively as Joshua rose from his seat, gathering up the maps. "We'll see you later, Adrian." He bid the man farewell, turning to leave.

"I hope I see you again soon." Adrian said to Tianara, flashing her a smile and holding out a hand. "It's been a pleasure to meet you. Any friend of Josh's is a friend of mine." He told her cheerfully. Joshua had to resist the urge to roll his eyes. Could the man be any more obvious? When they got back to the cabin, away from the town, he would have to warn her about Adrian. He wasn't the kind of man a girl like her - or any girl for that matter - needed.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:13 pm

Tianara, blissfully oblivious to the undercurrent, smiled and took Adrian's hand after a quick glance at Joshua to see that that was what she was supposed to do. "I'm sure we'll see one another again," she said with a shy smile of her own in response. He seemed to draw out that sort of response in her. "It's not that big a town."

She liked Adrian, she found in surprise. She liked him a good deal. It would have been nice to ask him to go with them, but she doubted he could - not if he was minding this place.

It was a shame. She thought she'd like to find out more about him.

But they did have to go, and so she smiled and withdrew her hand, glancing at Joshua again. She assumed he would help her make their goodbyes, not really realizing that they had already been made.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:52 pm

User Image

"Stop by on your way out of town!" Adrian called as they left the shop. Joshua acknowledged it with a wave over his shoulder, not even really turning around. Adrian just laughed, knowing he would be back. One way or another, he was going to get another chance at that sweet raven haired beauty. Strangest girl he'd ever met but that only added to her charm. Idly, the man wondered how long he would be able to keep his attention on her - He knew very well that he toyed with women but simply didn't care.

Joshua lead them out of the store and into the street again. He flipped through the maps as they walked towards a scuba shop. "Yeah. I'm sure with these Katalina can at least give us some sort of idea, if not an exact place." He murmured to himself, not realizing Tianara had been waiting for him to help with the goodbyes.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:16 pm

Tianara laughed a little bit as they left the shop, walking down the street. "He seems nice," she mused. "I wonder why he wants us to come back. Maybe he thought of something else he wanted us to look at."

She had been a little confused by their wandering out without finishing goodbyes, but had eventually figured that it was different between humans and merfolk - just like so many other things were. That was probably something she would have to ask Joshua about later. But at the moment, she was a little more interested in the maps he was looking at.

So she cheerfully peeked over his shoulder while they walked, having to get up on her tiptoes to do it. "She'll probably work from the currents, so you'll have to show her where we are first," she commented idly. "That's usually what we do."

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:29 pm

User Image

"He's probably lonely. This is the low point in their travel season, which is why they have only Adrian in the shop." Joshua explained absently, still looking over the maps. He was used to Adrian's odd ways. If nothing else, he didn't openly scorn Joshua's own odd ways, which helped him tolerate the man. It didn't mean he approved of how Adrian dated though, not in the slightest.

"That's fine. I can pinpoint out location on most of these maps. Some of them don't have our location, but that's because I wanted coast maps of the other continents." He pulled the ocean floor map to the top. "I'm still thinking this is our best bet. It has the places she's most likely to recognize." He glanced up at Tianara, peeking over his shoulder, and laughed. "You lived underwater for awhile." He said, lowering his voice with a glance around but no one was close enough. "Would you be able to use a map like this?"

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:26 pm

Tianara's eyes softened. "Lonely?" she murmured. She knew about being lonely, after all her years as the only human in a world of merfolk - not that she didn't love them. But she was always conscious of being something...apart. Her heartstrings tugged a little; such an innocent girl had a hard time not feeling sorry for others who might be hurting.

She let the topic drop, however uncertainly, when Joshua went back to the maps. When he offered the map, she took it from him and puzzled over it for a second or two. Then she smiled a little bit. "Yes," she replied, "I think I could. Some of these are places I've been, and I recognize where some of the currents would lead to." She made little effort to keep her voice down.

"But I don't know where the attacks took place, so I can't use it for that," she explained, wishing she was of more help. "We'll have to go back to her for that."

Only after she'd finished speaking did she remember that she ought to have been keeping an eye out for humans that didn't know about all this. She shrugged philosophically to herself. It hardly mattered. She hadn't said anything incriminating, had she?

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:44 pm

User Image

Joshua smiled reassuringly. "I know you don't know where we're looking for. But I figured you and Katalina grew up in the same environment. If you could read the map, then she probably could too and that's what I was checking." He explained easily. Rolling up the maps, he put an elastic over them to hold them closed. "So that's one thing done. Next on the list is here....." He trailed off, entering another store, this time one filled with various scuba gear.

Joshua greeted the store owner with a smile. "Hey. Storm put a hole in my tank, Mr. Golrin." He said with a sheepish laugh. "It's completely toast." The man laughed and gestured to a bunch of tanks on the one wall. "Well, let me know which one you want. Do you still want your usual or something new?" Joshua drifted to the wall and looked the tanks over, debating.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:03 pm

Tianara, wary of engaging the owner in discussion and too nervous to just stand alone in the store, drifted after Joshua. She stared at the tanks for a long time, and then poked Joshua's shoulder lightly. "That one," she murmured, pointing at a certain model. "I have a good feeling about it."

She didn't know anything about air tanks, of course, since she didn't need them, but what she said was true. There was a good feeling in her mind when she looked at it, and that was the way she tended to base her decisions - entirely on instinct. Perhaps it wasn't the safest course of action, but hell.

Couldn't hurt, could it?

She waited expectantly for Joshua's reply. It might not be the one he chose, of course. He knew more about tanks than she. She just thought it might be a good one, and she wanted to be helpful.

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:22 pm

User Image

Joshua glanced at Tianara, then at the model she was pointing at. "Are you sure?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. It wasn't a model he would have normally considered, though not for any particular reason. Glancing at Tianara once more, he moved closer, giving the tank a better look-over. It met all the qualifications he needed.....

"Ah, what the hell." Couldn't hurt. And he'd decided long ago to trust the merfolk and their instincts. From what he'd seen, Tianara and the ocean children had the same ability to sense things instinctively. He touched the tank then half-turned towards the storekeeper. Before he could say anything, he turned back to Tianara. "This particular tank or the model in general?" He asked, not wanting to mess up whatever she was sensing. Sometimes he felt like he was missing things that the magical ones could see. Like he was colorblind and they weren't, opening up a whole new world to them and them alone.

User Image

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... 289 290 291 292 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games