Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Evil of Ravenholm - Chapter 2: The Ashen Mountains Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:23 pm
Aura: 1

focusing on the final wyrmling, Pelloth seeks out it's weak spot, and strikes.

Quote:
standard: Your Delicious Weakness on D2: 18 v Reflex, Hit: 16 psychic damage; or if it's weak against something, 19 of the type it is weak against.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:10 pm
Gerash is happy to join in on the dragon slaying. First, he siphons off some of the life energy Cain sends to his god as the first wyrmling falls, then he unleashes a brief arcane flurry against its sibling. First he fires a bolt of shining white energy at it, but the beast's pained spasms at Pelloth's attack are enough to spare it for the attack. However, the wizard isn't done. Drawing on his arcane reserves, Gerash summons his oh-so familiar cloud of jagged force. The blades tear into the beast, bolstered by the energy gleaned from the already fallen wyrmling.

((Dark reaping when Cain kills his dragon
Magic missile, 12 vs. ref, miss.
Action point, Cloud of Daggers. 20 vs. ref, 11 force damage, 7 necrotic damage from dark reaping, 3 damage when it starts in the cloud.))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:56 pm
((the edit button disappeared, but Dragow pointed out that the cloud should do 3 more damage, so 14 force damage.))  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:26 am
--99--0--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--
A-W---W--W--A--L--L--------W--A--L--L---W---A---A
B-A---A--A------------------------------W---A---B
C-L---L--L------------------------------W---A---C
D-L---L--L------------------------------W---A---D
E-----------------------------Pe----------------E
F-----------Ha----Ca-Gr-------------------------F
G-W---W--W-----------------Da-----------W---A---G
H-A---A--A------------------------------W---A---H
I-L---L--L------------------------------W---A---I
J-L---L--L------------------------------W---A---J
K-L---L--L-----------------------Ge-----W---A---K
L-L---L--L--------------------------KM--W---A---L
--99--0--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--

27 - Daelos: 24 damage,
25 - Hars: 6/50hp, bloodied Initiative
24 - Kobold Wyrmpriest: 49 damage Carved into two pieces!
24 - Kobold Cleaver 1:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 2:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 3:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 4:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 5:
24 - Kobold Cleaver 6:
17 - Kobold Slinger 1: 26 damage, bloodied
17 - Kobold Slinger 2: 27 damage, bloodied marked by Hars
17 - Kobold Slinger 3: 26 damage, bloodied
17 - Kobold Slinger 4: 5 temp. hp
15 - Gray Dragon Wyrmling 1: 108 damage, a -2 penalty to AC until the end of its next turn, marked by Hars bloodied
15 - Gray Dragon Wyrmling 2: 101 damage, cursed by Pelloth, marked by Hars, Oath'ed by Cain bloodied
13 - Kobold Skirmisher 1: 30 damage bloodied marked by Hars
13 - Kobold Skirmisher 2: 38 damage, bloodied marked by Hars
13 - Kobold Skirmisher 3: 33 damage, bloodied
13 - Kobold Skirmisher 4: 31 damage, marked by Hars bloodied
12 - Grashuk: 17/45hp, bloodied
8 - Cain: 19/50hp, bloodied Until the end of the encounter, any enemy that starts it's turn adjacent to Cain takes a -2 to AC until the end of it's next turn, +5 to athletics checks, +2 to speed, +2 to melee damage; EoE
7 - Pelloth: 30/44hp,
4 - Gerash: 37/39hp

Grashuk composed himself briefly, allowing some of his wounds a bit of a break, before heading towards the dragon near Hars. Summoning his might, and reinvigorating his allies, the bugbear brought his sword down heavily aiming at the dragons neck. But the draconic beast moved at the last second and avoided the powerful blow. (Anyone who is spending a healing surge due to Grashuks power, let me know) The Warlord then failed to shrug off the acidic remains of the dragons breath weapon.

Cain needed to send power to his God. Now was the time. With an almighty lunge, Cain sunk his broadsword deep into the dragons flank, after all, it was focusing on the wounded Hars. It would let out a death scream as it fell to the ground. The Kenku then became even more powerful, filled with divine energy, perhaps his God was real after all? Cain then walked over to the remaining dragon, and prepared to carve it into pieces and send its life energy to the Chained God.

Pelloth would attempt to ignore the caustic acid burning away at his clothes and instead just blast the final dragon with a delicious warlock power. The beast is affected by the attack, and snarls as it takes 16 psychic damage.

The revenant wizard uses his inate dark powers to channel the energy from the dead dragon into his next attacks. His first attack, a bolt of force, doesn't find its mark, but Gerash is no mere apprentice; he is Gerash Saleigh! And he has Cloud of Daggers! The force blades materialize around the dragon, bolstered by necrotic power, and sink into the beasts flesh! The dragon grunts and almost falls to the ground, but just about manages to stay on its feet.

Daelos spies the dragons slip. Shrugging off the acid clinging to him, the elf walks up casually behind the dragon, and aims to sink his dagger deep into the back of the beast. He succeeds and prematurely slays the dragon, as Gerash's force daggers fade away with no one to kill.

Combat Over!

Everyone gains 400XP! (Can someone tell me what XP you're on now just to check with what I've got down?)

Acid fades out, and you can short rest it. Although, there is a makeshift camp if you would like to extended rest....?  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 am
((Gerash is gonna short rest, and could go on, but i haven't spent a surge in the last two fights, so maybe the melee characters should call extended rest or not.
also, I have Gerash at 6100XP))  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:13 am
((Pelloth is good with just spending the one surge in a short rest, but he did use the daily, so an extended couldn't hurt an ditto on the XP.))  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

iDragow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:21 am
As the second dragon died, Grashuk was a bit dissapointed that he hadn't really helped to kill them. Oh well, he would still take the benefits. Sheathing his bastardsword, the warlord drew the blade he had taken from the orc before they had started this quest.

Holding the blade up high, he would stab it deeply into the side of the most recently downed dragon, allowing the creature's blood to pour over the blade.

((I think we should extended. If I'm remembering correctly, I think Hars was out of surges when I used my daily just now.))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:29 am
Cain gazed down at the second Dragon with a sadistic smile on his face. With it's Brother dead and no Kobold allies to aid it, it wasn't even close to a match against them. This beast, plus the other he just killed, would give so much power to his Lord!

Suddenly the beast fell.

Cain looked around, and saw Daelos' dagger stuck in the beast's side. Cain screamed wildly, and was seconds away from pouncing on the Human Elf. But he didn't. His Lord was talking to him again. Telling him to wait. As he tried to calm himself, his features shrunk back to their original form. His Purple Halo grew dimmer until it faded into nothingness. Cain gave Daelos one last glare, before walking back into his corner.

He would kill that Human Elf. When the time came, he would rip his ******** throat out and feed it to him. Though until he'd served his purpose, Cain would have to wait.

Taking off his hat, he picked up his new friend and let it run over his hands as he spoke in hushed whispers to his Lord.

[[I'll use 1HS in short rest bringing me to 44hp. I have 4 HS left, but no dailies. Like Dragow said, Hars has no HS left, so I think an extended rest is needed. Plus as Nayr said, we're technically IN a camp? I have us at 6100 XP.]]  

joe-dude667

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:30 pm
((total 6100xp))

Hars collapses, curling up on a pool of dragonblood. If guided so she will rest elsewhere, but she is content to jsut rest.
((Hars is beat all to ********. She has s**t for hp and 0 surges, Extended restnaoplzkthx))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:26 am
If he remembered correctly, Grashuk thought he was supposed to soak the blade in the dragon's blood. If that was the case, than there was no telling how long it would take for the weapon to take on the enchantments of the young beasts. Best just to leave it there while they rested.

He looked down at Hars, a slight sneer on his face. The warlord then looked at the others. Chances were good that they would just leave her there. Not a bad idea, except that she would be no good to him cramped and cold.

With that notion, he would not-so-gently manuever the fighter toward the small camp set up by the humans, and place her on one of the sleeping mats. If her drow consort joined her was not his business; he simply didn't want to hamper her ability to stab things and be stabbed by things that would rather be stabbing the mages.  

iDragow

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:59 pm
(As a note Joe, Daelos is in fact an elf ^^)

As Grashuk sunk his new blade into the dragons sizzling blood.... nothing happened. Deciding that perhaps the blade needed to acclimatize to its new powers, he settled on waiting to see if anything happened later on.

Daelos, the elven Bloodstone Stalker, either didn't notice Cain nearly attacking him and the Kenku's stare, or ignored it very calmly. But as Cain turned away, Pelloth, who was nearest to Daelos, noticed the elf give an evil grin in Cains direction, the look dripped of supremacy. Cain was too busy conversing with his Lord and playing with his pet to notice however.

As Grashuk deposited the already sleeping Hars on a bedroll, Daelos nodded and walked over the humans campsite. "Resting is indeed a good idea I believe, our leader. This is probably the only place we can do so too; hopefully the kobolds will think twice before attacking us again. I don't know if you noticed but one of them fled down that northern corridor, he will no doubt spread the word of our victory. Although their defenses might be improved, I doubt they will come to us again." The elf then scoured the camp; it was only a few minutes until he chuckled with glee. Picking up a hand crossbow from the floor, he then grabbed a withered chair and took it over to the south eastern corner; he sat down and leaned casually back against the wall, the legs creaking in protest. His eyes darted about perceptively, you get the sneaky feeling he doesn't trust all, if any of you.

((Anyone want to do anything else before resting? Also, since it hasn't been so long since your last sleep, and you are hard as nails bad-asses, you don't have to sleep in this rest (except for Hars of course) but just don't do anything strenuous for the next 6 hours, obviously))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:33 pm
As the changeling collapsed and Grashuk played in the dragon blood, Gerash walked over to the kobold caster and pulled the skull mask off the dead creature, examining it. He held the thing in front of his own face, though it was a bit oddly shaped for him, and looked through the eye holes, "I like their taste in ornamentation," he remarked mostly to himself. Tucking the skull and his orb into his bag, the wizard pulled out his spellbook. Then he walked over to the kobold still in the corner, "Skerrik, I take it your old master is the sire of those two," he jerked his head toward the fallen dragons, "one of your less intelligent brethren called him Sholoruk? Tell me about him. His attitude, what he values, when and why he came here. Whatever you know. I think it is very likely we will kill him, I'd like to know what we're getting into." The necromancer sat down next to the kobold and opened his book, intending to prepare some new spells while the little creature talked.

((i'm gonna swap horrid whispers for freezing cloud and shadow serpent for daunting presence from my spellbook during the rest))  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:57 pm
Seeing the Bugbear handle the changeling so roughly, in a rare showing of compassion the drow would move to gently carry her to the mats, resting beside her and allowing her to use himself as a pillow. He didn't really need to rest, but he wanted to be at his peak, so he decided to close his eyes aswell. He didn't trust the rest while they slept so he commanded his imp Dindle to watch over them invisible as they slept, and alert him if something were amiss. Before sleep took him, Pelloth would ponder if soaking his sword in dragon blood would do anything for the blade, or if the changeling covered in the substance would have any effect in such a close proximity to Pelloth.

Quote:
Arcana: 12 + 5 = 17

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:38 am
Hars gets him very sticky.

Nothing new though, boys, amirite, eh? Eh?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

iDragow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:03 pm
(*insert obligatory "bow chicka bow wow" soundeffect here*)

When they had finished resting, Grashuk would of course head over to the dragon's corpse first. With some effort he would wrench the blade free and inspect it to see if it has made any changes since the stabbing.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff