Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "RPC" *Roleplay Central*
:.: Abigail's Nine :.: {Accepting/Open} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:37 pm
Mark waited until the ambulance doors closed behind them and the paramedics were busy before he leaned towards Miranda and said quietly, "Cybil will be fine. I..." He held up his hands and looked a little confused. "I don't know what I did, but I made...I made the pain go away for her, even though it hurt to make it better."

Made the pain go away, and most of the wound, too, though he wouldn't be able to explain that. He didn't fully realize that he'd healed her to a great extent.

Sitting back, he asked, "Was there anyone named Marsh on the list, that you remember? Or anyone who married a Marsh?"

It was too much to hope for that Miranda remembered every-freaking-body who had been on the list, but Mark was eternally the optimist.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:27 am
I wanna be the very best
To catch them is my real test

Like no one ever was
To train them is my cause

Miranda looked slightly confused, but nodded, accepting Mark's words. Weirder things had happened, so she wasn't going to question it. "That's a relief to know." She said softly, sighing.

She frowned thought fully at his question, trying to remember the lineage they have found. "There might have been...." She said slowly. "The name doesn't sound wrong per se, but I can't remember enough to be positive." She knew it wasn't the answer he was looking for, but it was the best she could give.

Clickies please? You know you want to click the adorable pokemon on my farm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:19 pm
Miranda would just have to be confused for now - Mark wasn't even sure what he had done and didn't know how to explain it any better, but maybe when Cybil woke up again she'd be able to tell Miranda what had happened.

He seemed a little sad when Miranda couldn't pull the name out of the air, but nodded. "Okay. We'll look it up once we get out of the hospital and back to Cybil's. Maybe we should bring Elodie there with us, that is if she doesn't decide we're all crazy and run away down the street screaming."

He paused before adding, "She saw what I did. To Cybil. I think it made her nervous. I wanted to tell her what it was, but I don't know...maybe I should figure it out before we get there."

How he would do that, he didn't specify - mostly because he didn't know.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:23 pm
_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
Elodie found her bag and picked up the slightly scattered items before turning back to the ambulance. One of the paramedics was holding the back door for her, so she hurried, as she hadn't known they were waiting.

She hopped up and in and sat to buckle into the bench seat. She swiped at a footprint on her tote bag and hoped no one had picked anything up that was hers.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:59 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

Miranda sighed and nodded. "Yeah.....That's going to be hard, explaining things without sounding completely crazy." She could just see that situation going well - "Oh, by the way, your a descendant of a friend of an ancient witch. Yeah, she left you some power. What power? We don't know. But we do know we need you to help us save the world. From what? Well, there's these shadow things.....No they don't hide in the closet or under the bed...." Yeah, wouldn't go well. "And here I thought fighting the Dark Ones would be hard. No, it's the recruiting that's the hard part....."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:03 pm
Mark smiled wearily. "She saw," he repeated. "So I don't know how crazy she'll think we are. And I have no doubt that both parts will be hard by the end." He went quiet when Elodie approached the ambulance, which by now was fully loaded with both of the injured people, the ambulance attendant and the two of them.

When she climbed in, he lifted a brow, but didn't say anything - the emergency personnel were still in the back.

Looked like they would all be riding together to the hospital. Just one big happy 'family'.

How much worse could this whole thing get?

He darted his gaze to the front of the ambulance, where Cybil lay, still out of it. Don't answer that.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:55 pm
(Yeah there's no way we'd all fit in there, The one paramedic drives but even so it'd probably only take the two of you max. I made it so Elodie was riding in with Roy the knife-cheek guy. Also -> passed my test ~ dramallama )  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:18 pm
((OOC: I think you'll find that in a story about evil ghosty beings trying to take over the world and being hopefully thwarted by a bunch of teenagers/twentysomethings, it really doesn't matter. wink Go with it, it speeds up the boring exposition part a little as they can do all their quiet chatter in the ambulance.))  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:20 pm
(Well if we're going to speed things up we might as well skip the ride altogether.)

_________________________________________________________________________________________
User Image
Elodie stopped at the reception desk to fill in the clerk about why she was here. They knew each other slightly, as Elodie had been floated to emerg a couple times.

Nodding Elodie took the clipboards of forms and brought it over to knife in cheek Roy - who'd really only just started to feel the pain, and Mark and Miranda, as Cybil was still out of it and being assessed. They were on opposite sides of the room and separated by several beds and a galaxy of plastic chairs.

She handed over the forms and shrugged, "I know there's little to no hope, but you're supposed to fill these out as best you can. They need a health history- or as much of one as they can get. It's good to know if she's on any medications or has allergies and that sort of thing, for when they consider treatment. I lied and said Mark was her brother, otherwise they won't tell you anything." Elodie paused for a breath and took a look over her shoulder.

"I took a peek before; so far they have her on IV and are treating her for shock. They may give her a brain scan depending on how long she stays out of it, but ..I have a feeling she'll wake up before then." Elodie looked pointedly at Mark and raised her eyebrows.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:23 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

Miranda sighed and refused to take the clipboard, gesturing for Mark to take it. "I don't know anything about her medical history. I've only known her a short time." She explained quietly. Mark was their best bet and she didn't know how much he would know either. She sat back in her chair, brooding. They needed to tell Elodie. But how? That was the question.

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:10 pm
((OOC: Also, noticed the second part of your OOC late - congrats on the test! biggrin ))

"She'll be awake in a few minutes," said Mark briefly as he took the clipboard from Elodie and efficiently began to fill it in. Apparently he knew more than he pretended he did about Cybil. "She doesn't have a lot of health issues." He didn't mention the 'seizures', because Cybil didn't really have epilepsy or any such problem. Her visions weren't going to interfere with medication.

Handing it back to Elodie, he said quietly, "Will you come sit with us a while, when you've done what you need to? I think we have a lot to talk about."

It would be best just to put the whole thing out there. Let her make up her mind. As long as what she decided worked with the fact that they needed her.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:37 pm
User Image
Elodie shrugged, "Sure" she'd meant to talk to them anyway, though here at the hospital might not be the best place.

She brought the forms right to the doctor and resident in behind the curtain around Cybil's bed. "Her..brother, filled this out for you. No allergies, or meds used on a daily basis that would cause an issue." Elodie went over to check Cybil's IV, the bag was quickly emptying so she switched over a full 1000ml bag and charted it for the on duty nurse. She hoped Cybil woke up soon, like Mark said, or the doctors might want to catheterize her.

Only the fact that she was utterly stable now had saved her from going right into an OR for exploratory surgery.

Walking by the busily reading and hypothesizing doctors Elodie pulled the curtain and went to wash her hands. She was quickly realizing that hospitals were no fun at all to be in if you weren't working.

Zetao

Beloved Dabbler

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:05 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

Miranda sighed but nodded. She watched Elodie walk away, murmuring to Mark, "Let's see if we can find a more private room though. This isn't exactly something the pubic wants to hear. Heck, they'd probably lock us up for it. And then where would we be? Stuck, that's where."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:10 pm
((OOC: *immature giggle* Reread that post, love.))

Mark glanced at her in some surprise, then nodded briefly. "We'll just step into one of the hallways," he said quietly. "They tend to be fairly quiet, and we'll be able to tell if someone's coming. We'll see it."

He didn't know how he knew that. He just did.

~

Cybil's rise to consciousness was immediate. One minute she was lying still, her eyes closed and still far too pale to look healthy, the next her eyes were open, her face flushed with colour, and she was cursing at the IV.

"What is going on?" she asked sharply once she'd finished listing off every curse word she knew at the needle in her arm - which took a while. She looked around at the people in white coats around her bed, looked at the curtain and automatically tried to mentally reach past it.

The new girl. Elodie.

And she knew.

"Mark," she growled under her breath. "When I get out of here, you are in so much trouble."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Lucky_Tiger

Enigmatic Bookworm

16,925 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:28 pm
I wanna be the very best

Like no one ever was

((.....Totally had not realized how bad it sounds. xD ))

Miranda nodded. "Sounds good. Here's hoping she doesn't decided to find us "help". More white coats is all we need." She said sarcastically. She tapped a foot nervously. "I hate waiting....Why is waiting always so much worse than the actual event? Each and every time...."

"RPC" *Roleplay Central*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff