Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 1: Atsumari/Gathering Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agent Sinistra

Dangerous Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:51 pm
@ Daidoji Training Grounds, before the start of the competition:

Rain Yupa
Kyumi would be handed a scroll by Kuni Raicho upon signing up for the Shugenja duel. "Read this. Study it. Prepare to use it tonight at sunset. This duel involves summoning the kami to fight at your behest, and you will need to know this conjuration inside and out if you wish to compete. Do not disappoint me, Kitsu Kyumi."

Raicho's attention would momentarily be diverted to a woman in similar robes running up barefoot, though she lacked the Kuni face paint. Raicho would dismiss Kyumi, which would give Toyoko the opportunity to run up to her, clutching an identical scroll in her arms, hugging it to her chest.

"I'm so glad you're competing, Kyumi-san! Can I call you Kyumi-chan? Since all the events are going to be done outside today, I was thinking we can watch the other samurai at the other events while we wait for ours to come up! What do you say?"

"Yes, Kuni-sama." Kyumi answered as she took the scroll and quickly got out of the way.

"Toyoko-san!" Kyumi smiled at the sight of her new friend. "It's good to see you!" She jokingly put her hands on her hips in an attempt to look stern. "And not unless I can do the same for you!" Kyumi laughed before continuing.

"That sounds like fun, though... I won't be able to watch all of it." She motioned to the scroll."I can't show up to the duel completely unprepared!"  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:23 pm
@ Daidoji Training Grounds, before the start of the competition:

Toyoko grinned broadly, and pulled Kyumi aside. "My yojimbo found out that two of the Crane competitors are in the Archery contest, and one is in the Storytelling contest.

Regarding the studying of the scroll, Toyoko would brush it off. "Pffffft. Tayru-jiai duels are covered in the Phoenix shugenja school. Never tried the avatar variant, but it looks just as easy. If you browse it a few minutes before the match, you should be fine. Come on, let's hurry!"

Kyumi, do you give in to the peer pressure and go watch the bushi?

--------------------

Doji Kita would shake her head sadly at Kojiro's request. "The sentiment is noble, but it is required for someone to bring their own bow. This is to assure honesty, and that way, no one can claim to have lost due to sabotage or bad luck that rubbed off on them. We live in an age where being prepared means life or death, so it's up to others to be prepared."

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 4 10-sided dice: 4, 9, 2, 6 Total: 21 (4-40)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:23 pm
Sechiro would step forth, and brandished his bow. He took an arrow, aiming as best he could (which is to say, quite badly, seeing as he has only one eye), and would attempt to hit the Bulls-eye.

[[Raising twice to hit white circle, 4k3 if I'm doing it right.]  
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 4 10-sided dice: 10, 7, 1, 3 Total: 21 (4-40)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:31 pm
Seichiro sighed, and would nock another arrow, again aiming as close to the center at possible.

[[Raising twice to hit white ring/circle, 4k3]]  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:32 pm
Exploding Die  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:32 pm
@ Storytelling Competition:

{Susumu declares no raises. Storytelling (Bragging) roll of... 4.}

"So, one time, there was this gaijin pirate ship that attacked mine. They had these things called cannons that use gaijin pepper to launch heavy iron balls at you. Taking the initiative as they damaged my ship and attempted to board, I swung across and snuck below deck. Using a lantern, I managed to start a fire near their armament, and I booked it out of there. I gave the order for us to steer clear, and a second later, BOOM! No more gaijin pirate ship! First and last time I've ever seen a fireball at sea!"

There would be a long awkward pause as everyone stared at Susumu for all the blatant, dishonorable, destructive acts involved in his story. Needless to say, it wasn't well received.

"Well, it was damned cool, and I'd like to see any of you pull off a stunt like that..." he would mutter, crossing his arms and turning his head in disgust.

No need to critique! Ujina Denbe, you're up!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Keith Valken Lionheart rolled 4 10-sided dice: 9, 7, 8, 6 Total: 30 (4-40)

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:34 pm
One miss. He sighed, and let out one last arrow.

[[1 raise, 4k3]]  
Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 9, 7 Total: 24 (3-30)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:44 pm
[3k3 Oratory Storytelling: 33]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:22 pm
@ Taryu-jiai Duels:

Shinjo Gemmei vs. Soshi Maru

Assessment

"Come, Gemmei-san," Maru would cajole, grinning wickedly. "If you have any complaints against the Scorpion Clan, feel free to register then with me." {3 Raises, Spellcraft of 40. Chooses to learn highest Ring, ranks in Spellcraft, ranks in Meditation, Void ring.}

"Do not misunderstand me, Scorpion. I am here simply to compete. I come and leave with no personal grievances." Gemmei would respond cooly, not taking her eyes off of her opponent. {2 Raises, Spellcraft of 24. Chooses to learn ranks in Spellcraft, ranks in Meditation, highest Ring.}

Declaration

"I will be using the very Air to defeat you, Gemmei-san." Soshi would warn her, readying her scroll to summon her avatar.

"My Water will be plenty powerful enough to withstand anything you can throw at me." Gemmei would respond. With her own scroll, she would begin to summon.

The first to manifest would be Soshi Maru's avatar, a shosuro bushi made of clear whirling wind. He would hold his blade parallel to the ground as he readied himself for combat. {Earth-1 Water-1 Fire-2 Air-4 Void-1; TNtbH = 22, 1 wound/level.}

The second to manifest would be Shinjo Gemmei's avatar, a very powerful, very hulky samurai warrior bushi. He would hold a massive no-dachi, droplets of his very element sliding down his blade as if it was solid steel. {Earth-2 Fire-2 Water-2 Air-2 Void-1; TNtbH = 14, 2 wounds/level.}

Fight

Maru's warrior of wind would seize the initiative and rush up to strike at it's watery opponent! {25 vs TN 14}. It's blade would carve a hollow hole through the other elemental's body! {18 damage}

The watery warrior would lift it's blade to strike, but find itself unable to sustain it's form any longer. It would 'melt' in front of all of you, splashing across the ground as the water kami would flee from their corporeal form.

"The match is set. The winner is Soshi Maru." Kuni Raicho would announce, gesturing to the scandalously dressed Scorpion woman. She would smirk and go to speak, but Gemmei would interrupt her.

"Excellent match." She would bow deeply, then turn and move away from her placement, before Maru would get a chance to gloat. She would pout slightly and vacate herself, making way for the next two Shugenja.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:54 pm
@ Taryu-jiai Duels:

Kuni Kaori vs. Isawa Toyoko

Assessment

"The next match-up will be between the Crab Shugenja, Kuni Kaori, and the Phoenix Shugenja, Isawa Toyoko." Raicho would pause, then turn to face Kaori as she approached one side of the ring. "Don't mess this up."

Kaori stopped mid-step, taken aback by the sudden command of her superior. Hesitantly now, she would take up position opposite of Toyoko.

"Let us have a good match. I won't hold anything back." Kaori would tell her opponent, bowing. {1 Raise, Spellcraft of 16. Chooses to learn Affinity, and ranks in Spellcraft.}

"Don't worry, Kaori-san. I'm sure it will be lots of fun for both of us!" Toyoko would respond, smiling innocently. {2 Raises, Spellcraft of 23. Chooses to learn ranks in Meditation, lowest ring, Earth ring.}

Declaration

"My.. my Earth is more powerful than yours, and I'll prove it!" Kaori would declare, readying her scroll.

"Oh? Then how about you try some Fire instead?" She would smirk, with a serious look on her face. The first serious look anyone here has seen her have, for that matter.

From Kaori's scroll, a powerful Hida bushi, made of solid muscle and stone, would raise from the ground, holding a large tetsubo in both hands. {Earth-3 Water-2 Fire-1 Air-2 Void-1; TNtbH = 12, 3 wounds/level.}

From Toyoko's scroll would be summoned another samurai warrior of pure flame... at first. Crouching, he would spread his fiery arms to his sides, becoming wings. It would morph to a burning Phoenix, about one-and-a-half times larger than the Earth Bushi. {Earth-2 Fire-3 Water-1 Air-2 Void-1; TNtbH = 12, 2 wounds/level.}

Fight

Toyoko's Phoenix would manage to get in the first opportunity to strike! Taking flight, it would dive at the Bushi, raking and pecking at him, creating sparks with each contact! {27 vs TN 12; 10 damage. Earth Avatar is Hurt.}

Unlike the last match, however, this avatar would not be so easily deterred. Rearing back with its tetsubo, it would swing with all the strength it could bring to bear!. However, it would whiff, the phoenix pulling away before the blow could connect! {12 vs TN 12+10, miss!}

The Phoenix would circle and strike at the warrior's backside, making easy sport of the warrior. {32 vs TN 12.} It would dive INTO the warrior, seemingly destroying itself as flames erupted upon the impact. However, after a few seconds of pause, the earth warrior would begin to quake, beams of white light shining through his many cracks. Suddenly, it would explode in a shower of heated stones, the Phoenix bursting forth! It would let out a loud screech, before being dismissed into the air by the carefree Toyoko.

"The match is set. The winner is, unsurprisingly, Isawa Toyoko."

Kaori would drop to her knees, panting at the concentration she had to put forth, taking it's toll upon her. Toyoko, however, would roll up her scroll, returning it to her case. She would simply bow and walk away.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:01 pm
@ Taryu-jiai Duels:

Kitsu Kyumi vs. Tamori Makoto

"There will be only one more match-up in this first round. Will the Lion Kitsu Kyumi and the Dragon Tamori Makoto please step forth?"

Makoto would take his place on one side of the drawn circle, bowing slightly. "It's a pleasure to speak with you again, Kitsu Kyumi. This kind of activity isn't my specialty, but let us try our best anyways, hmm? This is my first such duel, and if its to my liking, then I might develop another hobby yet." It's uncertain whether or not he was joking about that, but he was smiling regardless of your interpretation.

Kitsu Kyumi! Make an Awareness/Spellcraft (Assessment) roll vs TN 5! Any raises you declare will teach you one additional fact about your opponent.

Makoto is calling three raises, and trying to learn as much about you as he can. {Spellcraft roll of 21 vs TN 20. Phew!} He would like to know the four following facts about Kyumi: Her Earth Ring, her Fire Ring, her Water Ring, her Air Ring.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:28 pm
Seichiro shrugged, lowering his bow. He would turn around, bowing at Lady Kita then the other contestants, then getting off the shooting range.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:01 pm
Rain Yupa
"Well, it was damned cool, and I'd like to see any of you pull off a stunt like that..."

At the archery competition, Hisashi would suddenly and unexpectedly feel the strongest urge to facepalm... but he couldn't for the life of him figure out why.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:27 pm
@ Kyujutsu Competition:

Matsu Seichiro would take his turn firing three arrows, scoring much better than he had expected; no bulls-eyes, but an impressive score, over 100 points!

As he walked off to allow the next samurai to take his turn, Kita would be standing nearby. As he walked past her, she would stop him with one bit of advice. "If you are to ever carry either assurance or doubt to the battlefield, make sure it's always assurance." She would immediately turn her attentions away to the next samurai to compete.

Asahina Kenichi would be the next up; he would make sure to keep his distance from Kakita Zanzen as he took up position in the second lane, bow in hand. Nocking the first of his three arrows, he would eye up the target, a gentle wind blowing through his fair white hair. Taking aim, he would go for the inner ring first, catching it just above the bulls-eye. He would waste no time with his second arrow, nor his third, each landing accurately into the inner ring without difficulty. All told, Kenichi will walk away to the opposite side of the competing bushi as his fellow Crane, leaving with 180 points.

Yoritomo Hisashi, you're up!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Sutiiven rolled 5 10-sided dice: 10, 4, 7, 8, 5 Total: 34 (5-50)

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:43 pm
Hisashi would walk up to the firing area and stare down at the target. He wasn't as good an archer as he was a courtier, but he still swore by his bow. He didn't have to be perfect, just get 100 or more.

He would take a deep breath, and draw an arrow. He would nock the projectile and raise the bow to take aim.

A pregnant pause would follow as the man intently focused on the target. The silence would break at the sound of the arrow being loosed towards its target.

(Kyujutsu Check 5k3 vs TN 15, 2 Raises)  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 170 171 172 173 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games