Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:27 am
Hisashi would sigh and roll his eyes as the threat didn't take, looking back out into the darkness. At this point, the bow was practically a pre-emptive measure against Kojiro doing something stupid with his sword - he could mock all he wanted, but Hisashi honestly didn't care unless he got violent again.

Failed threat or no, he had gotten his wish - he no longer had to stall for time, just remain patient as the scorpion acted like a brat. What was the worst that he could do anyway, insinuate that Hisashi and the Mantis were salt-encrusted barbarians? That was practically a compliment where he came from!

At any rate, Denbe would be back soon enough and then they could make an informed decision on what to do next.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:06 pm
With no signs of violence awaiting in the town, Denbe would simply head back out to his companions again, and look around with a frown.

"Could have sworn I heard combat."

So no attack. Had quiet really been THAT hard?

"There's no sign of guards posted, or a military presence. There's no sign of there having been any violence. And I was even able to walk within the town without being accosted. If I didn't know better, I'd simply think we were outside a villiage in Scorpion territory."

Whatever had gone on, it had him confused. The only thing that had started to make any type of sense was the talk of Scorpions from those soldiers they'd run into a day ago.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Tei Kae rolled 9 10-sided dice: 9, 5, 7, 9, 10, 10, 8, 2, 2 Total: 62 (9-90)

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:24 pm
One deep calming breathe, and Miyako simply laid a hand on Kojiro's arm. "Kojiro-san." She spoke softly and not unkindly. He was riled up and had reason to be so, but it was the worst possible time for it all. "Once Ujina-san is back, we can figure out what to do." Her fingers gripped the arm as she nodded reassuringly as if to silently tell Kojiro, 'and to reply to the insult'.

Once Denbe had returned, Miyako frowned further. It was very strange and unusual. This close, it may even be related. And for the sake of their mission, that is what needed to be found out. If it was related.

"I think that perhaps the best course of action would be for Bayushi-san and I to go within and act as reconnaissance. He shall act as my yojimbo and as such, I will be the mouthpiece...to ease your concerns."
She spoke to the Mantis. "Perhaps they will be a bit more 'open' with one of their own." She of course, was usually perceived to have a great deal of honor and her own personal success was intertwined with the groups.

((In case anyone contests the plan, Miyako's Awareness/Courtier (Manipulation) roll is 7k4 + 3 + a few for explodey = 42 + 3 = 45)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:30 pm
Denbe nodded- assuming it was Scorpions and not Crabs within, or that the Crabs would be hospitable to Scorpions if they were to let that banner fly, he saw absolutely no issues. It only seemed the most logical route, now that they'd had a look about. He had only one concern with it.

"Shall we expect you to return with news, or will there be a signal to let us know it's safe to come within to find lodgings for the night as well?"

Not that such would be easy. They'd have to wake some households. He hadn't seen any inn.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:51 pm
@The Outskirts still

Kojiro merely nodded and took a position off of Miyako's right. Given his track record, this would probably be a good idea. Never the less, Kojiro kept his peace for now and quietly voiced his assent towards Miyako's plan when she offered it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:31 pm
The Warden's were actually coordinating with each other for once? Hisashi was practically expecting the Kami to be playing a practical joke on him, but it seemed to be true.

Returning his arrow to its quiver and replacing the bow over his shoulder, he would say "Yes, I think that's a fine idea. Seeing as Denbe found no signs of immediate danger, it's probably our best chance. I don't know what that person was doing in the woods spying on us, but seeing how they're long gone by now, I don't believe there's much we can do about it now. It... might be risky to make camp outside the walls after that, but it really depends on if we can find lodging or not - something that might be difficult, concerning what you said Denbe-San."

He was relaxing a bit now that his party was organized and mutually calmed down for the moment. "Honestly, its far too late to figure out whats going on, assuming there truly is no immediate danger - I'm trusting your instincts on this Denbe-san, as well as any information you two can gather. Hopefully we can sort it all out in the morning."

He would turn to look at the Crab in their party. "Is this acceptable, Kagae-san? I can understand why you might be on edge at this time, but at the moment I think this is our best option."  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:43 am
"I'm am going with them" replied Kagae crossing his arms and looking defiant, "Also Hisashi-san never pretend you know me."

Picking up his travel pack he'd begin walking into town regardless of what anyone else said or did nothing short of incapacitating him would stop him now.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:08 am
So close, and yet so far.

Hisashi would sigh and pull his bow and arrow back to its ready state. "If you're going to act like a brat as well then I don't give a damn about your feelings. Don't make me follow through with the threat I gave Kojiro; its quite open for you as well."

He would shake his head in frustration - he was sick and tired of this group spinning out of control and having no team cohesion whatsoever.

"Can't we all actually work together for once instead of breaking to infighting or lone wolf behaviors? Dear Kami, we're Samurai. Can't we start behaving like it for once in our lives? I don't care who leads, but dammit, someone needs to and we need to actually work with and respect each other for once. We're on a job from the Jade Magistrate, and yet I know pirates who are better behaved and organized than us lot."

He was clearly exasperated. "This is not the place nor the time for us to deal with this, so can we please just work together for once and sort out our issues at a later time? Or Kami help me I will have to start putting arrows in people for the sake of self preservation, because my life is not worth being put at risk by a bunch of bitchy samurai who are more interested in their ego than getting the job done properly."

He didn't know if anyone would listen, but he clearly had to get that off of his chest. He didn't get paid enough for this s**t.  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:03 am
"Do it then Hisashi-san!" Kagae dropped his pack once more and turned around, "Shoot me if you dare! Remember that I am not the one cowering away and forgetting something!"

Kagae would stand spread out and an easy target for Hisashi to shoot.

"What are you waiting for? DO IT!"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:42 am
Mongooseh
"Do it then Hisashi-san!" Kagae dropped his pack once more and turned around, "Shoot me if you dare! Remember that I am not the one cowering away and forgetting something!"

Kagae would stand spread out and an easy target for Hisashi to shoot.

"What are you waiting for? DO IT!"

Hisashi blinked as Kagae opened himself up as an easy target. Really? He was going to do that?

Okay then...

Hisashi would pull back the bowstring and aim the arrow at Kagae.

"So, let me get this straight - you REALLY want to let me shoot you, Kagae-San?"  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:06 pm
"No, I'm just asking you to stop threatening with violence and do it rather than try to coerce others into your way of thinking. Shooting me will prove nothing it will only show you as a violent bully who has to use violence to get what he wants. Nothing more than the rumors would claim Hisashi-san of your people... Of course you could not shoot me and prove nothing either way only that you could not convince me to not go in there and why I might ask? IT JUST HAPPENS THERE ARE SCORPIONS ARE IN THERE! Now it seems you have forgotten what we are here for to carry out a mission I have vented. Now remember we are jade wardens to harm us is to take an action against the empire we also have two scorpions with us who can vouch for us. Here is my question, what are you afraid of?"

Kagae would be fuming at this point obviously irritated before something seemed to appear in his mind,

"Unless... You are making a commentary on your opinions of the scorpion clan..."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:18 pm
Kaiu Kagae! Yoritomo Hisashi! Please give me opposed Willpower/Deceit (Intimidation) rolls! Remember, this counts as a social skill.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 7 Total: 12 (2-20)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:23 pm
(Spending a vp for +1k1 Willpower/Deceit (intimidation) 2k2 no splodey Result: 12 )  
Sutiiven rolled 5 10-sided dice: 7, 4, 5, 1, 3 Total: 20 (5-50)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:26 pm
Deceit/Intimidate: 5k3+2 vs Kagae's Opposed Roll

Total: 7+5+4 (+2) = 18  

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:32 pm
@ Outskirts of town:

Hisashi keeps his bow trained on Kagae, while Kagae calls his bluff and argues his point.

Unbeknownst to Kagae, the two Scorpions have already moved on while he's busy with his shouting match, as Hisashi has kept his undivided attention.

GM FIAT: PLOT ADVANCES WITHOUT KAGAE! Though, upon realizing this, he is free to move off on his own; under the cover of darkness, though, he doesn't know where the Scorpions went.

--------------------

Group 1: Kojiro and Miyako.
Group 2: Denbe, Zanzen, Hisashi, maybe Kagae?
Group 3: Maybe Kagae?

What does everyone want to do?  
[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games